PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat 2020

Jimjam
10-21-2020, 07:43 AM
How will you guys and g.i.r.l.s be handling traditional Halloween festivities this year considering the current proliferation of particularly nasty coughs and sneezes which spread diseases / surface contamination risks?

BlackBellamy
10-21-2020, 08:45 AM
You mean a special time when we're all allowed to wear mask so for one magical night we can become something we're not?

Yeah I guess it's been Halloween for half a year now. How you doin?

GinnasP99
10-21-2020, 11:20 AM
My plan is to make some kind of healthy snack (i.e. not sugar/candy) and give it out to the kids.

BiG SiP
10-21-2020, 11:25 AM
i bet you feel pretty silly right now

Tunabros
10-21-2020, 12:16 PM
I would bring all my baby cousins and we would hoard candy
then I will steal half of it when they're not looking

FatherSioux
10-21-2020, 12:56 PM
I plan on walking around my neighborhood of well-to-do whites and grabbing candy from tubs of candy that have been placed outside. Probably stop at a couple houses where others are sitting outside having a campfire and maybe drink some light beers. Pretty much what we do every year. You know we're not afraid of the Kung Flu, because we're adults and understand risk estimation.

Morton Jr
10-21-2020, 04:53 PM
Yea most people arent buying candy because no kid should be coming to your door to ask for it with a pandemic going on ?

BiG SiP
10-21-2020, 09:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CNwvJ5p.jpg

Nuggie
10-21-2020, 09:27 PM
I'm new to the neighborhood my family moved into this year. My neighbor told me they went through $500 in candy in 2 hours last year. I went to Winco and bought $100 in bulk. Hoping that gets me far enough into the night that my house doesn't get egged. If no kids show up... I just bought a diabetes-2 level of candy for myself to eat.

Tunabros
10-22-2020, 12:00 AM
I'm new to the neighborhood my family moved into this year. My neighbor told me they went through $500 in candy in 2 hours last year. I went to Winco and bought $100 in bulk. Hoping that gets me far enough into the night that my house doesn't get egged. If no kids show up... I just bought a diabetes-2 level of candy for myself to eat.

Man if some kids threw eggs today they would get the cops called on them

That didn't happen back in the day =)

But I wouldn't know that since in Taiwan for Halloween, we just have a costume party and that was it

Baler
10-22-2020, 04:13 AM
Parents check your kids candy.

BiG SiP
10-22-2020, 09:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/WsUMrjX.jpg

Morton Jr
10-22-2020, 03:03 PM

I quit carbs but about 10 years ago they had a huge special on those reese peanut butter cups i love and i bought alot, i think i got 3 kids and ended up eating them all.

Hope the kids show up !

Danth
10-22-2020, 05:45 PM
Man if some kids threw eggs today they would get the cops called on them

That didn't happen back in the day =)

The cops got called back then, too. We just ran before they arrived.

----------------------------------------

I'll handle trick-or-treat for the daughter as much like any other year as possible. We're working with a local church group that's coordinating with other families who feel the same way.

Danth

FatherSioux
10-22-2020, 05:49 PM
If people expect people with kids to quarantine for 10-14 Days(current state recommendations) after their kid has a runny nose which then turns into any type of cough, they are fooling themselves and that isn't a feasible way to operate.

Woke Locc
10-22-2020, 06:06 PM
If people expect people with kids to quarantine for 10-14 Days(current state recommendations) after their kid has a runny nose which then turns into any type of cough, they are fooling themselves and that isn't a feasible way to operate.

Grampa just has to die, sorry, it would be too inconvenient for me.

douglas1999
10-22-2020, 06:17 PM
Grampa just has to die, sorry, it would be too inconvenient for me.

The overwhelming majority of even eldery people who get covid don't die. It's like 90% survival, give or take 5% because the data is still young.

You're holier than thou douchebag comment makes it sound like you think the death rate for seniors is like 100% or something.

Sorry for politicking in the pumpkin thread but god damn that is dumb.

Woke Locc
10-22-2020, 06:27 PM
The overwhelming majority of even eldery people who get covid don't die. It's like 90% survival, give or take 5% because the data is still young.

You're holier than thou douchebag comment makes it sound like you think the death rate for seniors is like 100% or something.

Sorry for politicking in the pumpkin thread but god damn that is dumb.

I'm sure the families will take great comfort in knowing that, stastically, grampa is still alive and can take them fishing.

FatherSioux
10-22-2020, 06:33 PM
I'm sure the families will take great comfort in knowing that, stastically, grampa is still alive and can take them fishing.

I have to assume you lock yourself up in quarantine during all flu seasons and you must feel guilty for undoubtedly killing numerous elderly people along your virtuous journey in life.

You must not have kids to think this is workable.

BiG SiP
10-22-2020, 06:38 PM
:p

Woke Locc
10-22-2020, 06:40 PM
I have to assume you lock yourself up in quarantine during all flu seasons and you must feel guilty for undoubtedly killing numerous elderly people along your virtuous journey in life.

You must not have kids to think this is workable.

Don't tell me what to do

reznor_
10-22-2020, 07:25 PM
lol all you pro freedom'ers thinking a mask mandate is a violation of your civil liberties. Truly pathetic. We wouldn't have to lockdown much at all if Americans were a little more empathetic to each others, but that's what we get in 2020. Consistently wearing a mask = little need for lockdown/suppression.

As far as candy goes, I'm leaving a bowl outside my door with lights, candles, and a note saying to take one and a little information about why I am not answering the door. I have a window I can look through while I hold my shotgun to make sure people aren't being jerks about it.

Baler
10-22-2020, 07:29 PM
As far as candy goes, I'm leaving a bowl outside my door with lights

https://i.imgur.com/1XZzIj3.gif

BiG SiP
10-22-2020, 07:30 PM
PUT THE EXTRA SNICKERS DOWN NOW
(lol)

reznor_
10-22-2020, 07:30 PM
(Lol)

reznor_
10-22-2020, 07:31 PM
I could just leave a bowl of dog shit too lol

DoodyLich666
10-22-2020, 08:13 PM
Make Halloween spooky again.

hobart
10-22-2020, 11:09 PM
Trick or treating is a relatively low risk activity.

Wear a mask.

Keep my hand out of the bowl once the first kid puts their grubby hand in it. Leftover candy gets thrown away and the bowl gets washed.

If I will sit on a patio and dine with my family why wouldn't I step out the door with a mask on and hold out a bowl of candy?

Nuggie
10-31-2020, 08:44 PM
anyone getting any trick'or'treaters yet? I've had 0. Only 5:45pm on the west coast, I guess.

Baler
10-31-2020, 08:49 PM
anyone getting any trick'or'treaters yet? I've had 0. Only 5:45pm on the west coast, I guess.

I got family in town. they said the streets were empty and no one came to their door.
super sad, I feel bad for the kids.

My local fire dept did a drive thru trick or treat. kinda weird but at least some kids get something.

FatherSioux
10-31-2020, 08:53 PM
My wife underbought and we were cleaned out on candy within an hour.

Nuggie
11-01-2020, 12:00 AM
9pm. I've had more trick'or'treaters than probably all the years I've handed out candy combined. I'm pretty happy about it. . I have half my candy left. I'm not happy about it.

DoodyLich666
11-01-2020, 12:08 AM
My kids are too young to appreciate real trick or treating, but they got to meet up with some of our family friends early in the day to celebrate a bit.
I don’t live in the greatest trick or treat neighborhood. I had one lone young teenage girl come trick or treat at my place tonight, and I gave her a shit load of candy. I was stoked that somebody came by, and the interaction took a fraction of a second while I poured candy out of a bag.do make my yard look pretty grim! It’s a shame to see a full moon, saturday Halloween get spoiled like this.

Jimjam
11-01-2020, 04:02 AM
We recently entered a pretty strict lock down in my town ‘tier 3’. There was no trick or treat. The quarterling was surprisingly okay with it. He’d been hoping restrictions would be eased by halloween, not ramped up.

We got a bunch of candy and played some trick or treat video games at home instead.