PDA

View Full Version : UN Channel Discord

Solist
10-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Why is this not a public viewable discord channel, where default access is read only.

This is 600+ individual people affected by the decisions.

View only access should be pretty standard.

Tunabros
10-19-2020, 11:11 PM
greater powers are at work...

Albanwr
10-19-2020, 11:57 PM
Because that sort of entertainment needs to be paid for. Plus it would make you see how insane some of the people you play with really are.

xdrcfrx
10-20-2020, 12:23 AM
+1 for making UN publicly viewable. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

condap99
10-20-2020, 01:18 AM
it would make you see how insane some of the people you play with really are.

Hideousclaw
10-20-2020, 02:29 AM
you can have my spot

Dreenk317
10-21-2020, 07:38 AM
I agree, the general members of the guilds in the UN should be able to see the chat. Read only, but ya. I imagine some of the guilds membership might request new representatives if they knew what there appointed peeps were actually arguing about, and how petty it really gets, based upon the snips ive seen.

Grumph
10-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Great idea!

2nd hand “here’s what happened in the UN” gives everyone involved a chance to skew things.

Intentional or not.

Basic human nature/cognitive bias to see yourself as a good person and your enemies as evil.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant!

Hideousclaw
10-21-2020, 03:05 PM
I asked today to make UN public readable, and we are working on it. I think its fair to have people be able to see what is being discussed and how its being handled. Likely will be good to go soon.

Solist
10-22-2020, 05:53 PM
Bump. This should take approximately 15 seconds from the server owner.

slayer69
10-22-2020, 08:37 PM
You can't handle the truth! Solist, we play on a server that has rules, and those rules have to be guarded by guilds with complex words, double meanings and hidden agendas. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Solist? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for AG, Freedom and Riot and you curse the GMs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what We know: that AGs, Freedoms and Riots raid ban, while tragic, probably saved pixels. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves pixels! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, (as if you even know what a party is), you want us on that discord server. You need us on the UN discord server. We use words like "Vulak’Aerr, "Avatar of War", "Lord Yelinak". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent raiding. An existence singularly focused on acquiring best-in-slot pixels. You use them as a punchline! We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a casual raider who plays under the blanket of protection that We provide, and then questions the manner in which We provide it! We would rather you just said "thank you", and went back to the Tunnel to buy your pixels. Otherwise, We suggest you pick a side, get divine strength, find a real tank, invite a cleric, and join a Ring War. Either way, We don't give a DAMN what you think you are entitled to!

Solist
10-23-2020, 02:45 AM
You can't handle the truth! Solist, we play on a server that has rules, and those rules have to be guarded by guilds with complex words, double meanings and hidden agendas. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Solist? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for AG, Freedom and Riot and you curse the GMs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what We know: that AGs, Freedoms and Riots raid ban, while tragic, probably saved pixels. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves pixels! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, (as if you even know what a party is), you want us on that discord server. You need us on the UN discord server. We use words like "Vulak’Aerr, "Avatar of War", "Lord Yelinak". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent raiding. An existence singularly focused on acquiring best-in-slot pixels. You use them as a punchline! We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a casual raider who plays under the blanket of protection that We provide, and then questions the manner in which We provide it! We would rather you just said "thank you", and went back to the Tunnel to buy your pixels. Otherwise, We suggest you pick a side, get divine strength, find a real tank, invite a cleric, and join a Ring War. Either way, We don't give a DAMN what you think you are entitled to!

Did you order the code batphone?

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE BATPHONE?

slayer69
10-23-2020, 08:50 AM
You’re damn right I did. <b>YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT I DID</b>

What is this? What is this?

Am I being petitioned? Am I being petitioned?

Why you little casual! I’ll rip your helm off and destroy your jboots. All you did today is ruin a server.

Croco
10-23-2020, 11:35 AM
read only when? the people deserve to know what's going on

YendorLootmonkey
10-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Bump. This should take approximately 15 seconds from the server owner.

You're forgetting about the hours of cleaning up (Enron-style document shredding) they have to do first.

Bellringer
10-23-2020, 01:24 PM
Did you order the code batphone?

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE BATPHONE?

https://i.imgur.com/b2ny89e.gif