PDA

View Full Version : Monk - Epic/SoM or SoM/SoS?

Trainer34
10-12-2020, 12:33 AM
So I've previously been told that epic fist mainhand + Scepter of Mastery offhand was pretty optimal for monk DPS until getting into the really good end-tier weapons.

Recently, I've also been told that having Scepter of Mastery mainhand and Stave of Shielding Offhand is better dps.

I've looked at two different damage calculators, and they gave different answers...

so which one is better?

Croco
10-12-2020, 01:55 AM
epic/som is going to do more damage

Solist
10-12-2020, 06:10 AM
It depends on your level and what your fighting.

The answer is generally Tstaff, and ignore a percent either way.

jolanar
10-12-2020, 09:05 AM
It depends on your level and what your fighting.

Assuming you are high enough level to equip the epic, I can't imagine any scenario where the Scepter outdamages epic fist in mainhand.

Epic/SoM is slightly better than Epic/Stave of Shielding.

T-Staff if you can afford it and you tank a lot. The riposte damage is significant with epic fist if you are tanking.

rubicaant
10-15-2020, 12:29 AM
Tstaff outparses epic/SoM or SoS usually too.

dwikt96
10-22-2020, 02:43 AM
Tstaff parse wins a large majority of the time (like over 90%) there's just a lot of variance with 2h damage that can make it seem pretty inferior sometimes.
Given a long enough parse with proper conditions it always wins tho.

remen
10-22-2020, 10:51 AM
Just get an ifs or tstaff depending on budget, they're significantly better

Stonewallx39
10-30-2020, 07:56 AM
Can some explain to me how the monk Epic works? It’s gloves, but do some of the benefits not work if you equip a weapon? What do people mean when they epic main hand or epic/SoS? Go slow because apparently I’m dull as I’ve been unable to understand how this works for a while.

jolanar
10-30-2020, 08:28 AM
Can some explain to me how the monk Epic works? It’s gloves, but do some of the benefits not work if you equip a weapon? What do people mean when they epic main hand or epic/SoS? Go slow because apparently I’m dull as I’ve been unable to understand how this works for a while.

It turns your fists into 9/16 ratio. Because of the damage bonus in the primary hand combined with the very fast attack speed it makes your mainhand especially nice. That's why most people equip a weapon in the offhand and use the epic fist in mainhand, at least until you have access to raid weapons.