PDA

View Full Version : Ranger BIS Equipment List GREEN

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-06-2020, 11:01 AM
Rangers, what are your ideas for equipment on GREEN? Lets restrict the list to droppable items only. Here's what the wiki says:

Ears - Diamondine Earring
Fingers - Jagged Band, Fire Emerald Platinum Ring, Djarns Amethyst Ring
Neck - ?????
Head - Executioners Hood, Blackened Iron Crown, Crested Helm
Face - Dented Brass Mask
Chest - Brigandine Tunic, Mithril Breastplate
Arms - Mithril Vambraces
Back - Mammoth Hide Cloak, Werewolf Skin Cloak
Waist - Thick Banded Belt, Flowing Black Silk Sash
Shoulders - Bloodstained Mantle, Crested Spaulders
Wrists - Runed Mithril Bracer, Hero Bracers
Legs - Mithril Greaves
Hands - Dark Mail Gauntlets
Feet - Kobold-Hide Boots, Dwarven Work Boots, Boots of Brawn
Primary - Orc Impaler, Short Sword of Morin, Short Sword of the Ykesha
Secondary - Ebony Bladed Sword, Polished Granite Tomahawk, Short Sword of the Ykesha
Range - Rain Caller, Trueshot Longbow, Runed Oak Bow

My differences (as a solo only player) are:
Neck -Etched Ivory Charm
Face - Platinum Ruby Veil
Finger - Platinum Fire Wedding Ring
Wrist - Ivy Etched Bracer (1)
Back - Lizardscale Cloak - trying to upgrade to hooded Black Cloak

Curious to hear your opinions!

Thelion
10-07-2020, 09:24 AM
I would say max resists. They are more useful as taggers/kiters then anything else

YendorLootmonkey
10-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Well, you did say you restricted the list to droppable, but Short Sword of Morin is in there. I would definitely consider EBWs as your weapon upgrades. The fangs, which are droppable, go for about 400ish a pop. I tend to stay away from any weapon with a proc that aggros unless I am tanking.

I also like the Hammerhead Helm for the head slot, but Blackened Iron Crown is good for overall resists depending on what role you're playing at the time.

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-07-2020, 01:19 PM
As a solo Ranger, currently lvl 40, I tend to not worry too much about resists.

Hammerhead Helm is a nice piece. Possible EC upgrade as I don't think soloing in Kedge is in my future!

here's a question on the Morin Sword, which I like because of the stats on it. Its a 22/6 ratio, but with 3STR which adds damage, so is it really closer to a 22/7 or more? Anyone ever done an analysis of STR to weapon DPS or have any thoughts?

3 AGI on it too which boosts my AC which may not sound like a big deal, but when you fight blues all day, a few extra AC makes a lot of difference.

Tethler
10-07-2020, 08:17 PM
As a solo Ranger, currently lvl 40, I tend to not worry too much about resists.

Hammerhead Helm is a nice piece. Possible EC upgrade as I don't think soloing in Kedge is in my future!

here's a question on the Morin Sword, which I like because of the stats on it. Its a 22/6 ratio, but with 3STR which adds damage, so is it really closer to a 22/7 or more? Anyone ever done an analysis of STR to weapon DPS or have any thoughts?

3 AGI on it too which boosts my AC which may not sound like a big deal, but when you fight blues all day, a few extra AC makes a lot of difference.

Dual ebony bladed will be better dps, and they're only like 100p in EC.

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-07-2020, 08:48 PM
I do use an Ebony Bladed Sword situationally. Swap it and the Morin as needed for snare. Using Gloomwater harpoon as secondary most of time because of the stats. Same question as above - does the +4 STR on the GH make it better than its listed 31/9 ratio, and therefore better than the EBS? And the 25HP is nice.

Tunabros
10-07-2020, 09:47 PM
orc impaler is a nice quest to do
and short sword of morin

greatdane
10-07-2020, 10:28 PM
A few points of strength will make absolutely no difference whatsoever. You won't even be able to notice strength in increments of less than like 20 or 30. Three points of strength is like +0.03% damage or something.

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-07-2020, 10:42 PM
The extra STR is definitely noticeable on archery damage, even in small increments, which is why I wonder about melee dps.

Tethler
10-08-2020, 11:55 PM
orc impaler is a nice quest to do
and short sword of morin

Orc impaler is neat. I used it for a while. Can go in ranged slot as a stat stick when you aren't using a bow.

Keebz
10-09-2020, 02:55 AM
If you're dual wielding you should just be using dual EBW's until planar drops, but TBH 2h is better for soloing. You'll riposte harder and eat less ripostes yourself. Pick up a Lamentation blade. For neck, get a glowing bone collar.

I solo'd a bunch on my Ranger. I will say 40+ there's gonna be a lot of root n shoot, so grab a C and post up somewhere with decent ZEM.

Tethler
10-09-2020, 10:36 PM
If you're dual wielding you should just be using dual EBW's until planar drops, but TBH 2h is better for soloing. You'll riposte harder and eat less ripostes yourself. Pick up a Lamentation blade. For neck, get a glowing bone collar.

I solo'd a bunch on my Ranger. I will say 40+ there's gonna be a lot of root n shoot, so grab a C and post up somewhere with decent ZEM.

2H was definitely strong at the lower and mid levels. Once you hit the high 30s though, dual wield overtook 2h in kill speed for me (2x wakazashi vs gigantic zweihander). I still keep a 2h bagged for mobs with a DS, but the higher you go, the less competitive it is with dual wield, at least with classic itemization. I would be curious to try using a planar 2h though, like the ashenbone axe or whatever, if I could get my hands on one. For now, I'm more than happy with my rat whip and flux axe.

Kirdan
10-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Sadly, Rangers don't get great 2h options in classic.

Tethler
10-09-2020, 11:08 PM
Sadly, Rangers don't get great 2h options in classic.

Yeah, I was bummed when I noticed I couldn't equip mithril 2h.