PDA

View Full Version : Mage pet info please

Invalid_Bard
10-01-2020, 04:54 PM
New to a Mage, new to pet classes, any information would be appreciated.

Mage hot keys for pets? I know /pet attack lmao
Is there a pet window in green or a way to view Kebabors health without targeting him?

Which pet is best for solo or is it situational etc?
Is fire better then water for dps?

Should I only buy certain spells while leveling?

Maybe some spell questions such as which nuke to prioritize? Fire ball or blade spell?

bodenn
10-01-2020, 08:56 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Afid%27s_Beginner_Magician_Leveling_Guide_(1-20)

Stonewallx39
10-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Hey Invalid I’m assuming you’re playing on green? The answer will be wildly different as the pet window has been allowed to remain on blue but does not exist on green.

On green you best bet is to create macros for the main pet actions (/pet attack %t, /pet guard, /pet back, /pet follow, etc). I then add a line under each that makes the pet report his health (I’m playing on blue so I forget the command but it’s something like /pet health or /pet report). You get an update each time you command the pet and if your worried mid combat you can just spam /pet attack to get an update.

For the other items the wiki (which Bodenn linked to but that location didn’t work for me) has tons of great info. There’s a pet guide section and several mage guides. The answers aren’t so clear cut to fit here but will depend on your style, budget, and situation.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page

bodenn
10-05-2020, 08:23 PM
try this one
https://wiki.project1999.com/Afid%27s_Beginner_Magician_Leveling_Guide_(1-34)

xaix1999
10-06-2020, 05:12 AM
There is currently no text in this page.

xaix1999
10-06-2020, 05:14 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Magician_Pets

xaix1999
10-06-2020, 05:20 AM
usually earth is a solid tank
so you fire dd is usually your best bet
the magic dd should be your back up as it's not as mana efficient
when you get into pet chain spawning mana will be more important
usually fluffy can handle more than 50% so nuking is important
the earth roots
water backstabs ( way later )
air is all around good dps
fire has a damage shield ( i use him for farming )

Zipity
10-06-2020, 08:55 PM
Water

aspomwell
10-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Boden's links above are missing a final ) for both of them. When you get to the page that says there's no text, just append a ) to the end of the URL and the page will load correctly.

bodenn
10-07-2020, 08:26 PM
Boden's links above are missing a final ) for both of them. When you get to the page that says there's no text, just append a ) to the end of the URL and the page will load correctly.

thanks, copy and paste appears to be above me.

Swish
10-08-2020, 05:25 AM
Get your focus items finished if you can, they really do help with extra tankyness ^^

Gekuzo
10-08-2020, 10:10 AM
I always preferred using water early on and tossing on a damage shield. They have a good balance of HP and damage plus their innate regen is nice. My fire pet always seemed to die ( no renew elements early in green server ) Although now that renew elements is in game using fire pet should work fine. Since their innate damage is so good you could always just replace your damage shield spell slot with renew to pet fire pet kicking. Happy hunting :)

Nuggie
10-10-2020, 12:52 AM
Renew elements is in game currently. It diversifies your strategies.

Which pet you use doesn't matter a ton. There are techniques for them all. Unless you're the 1% of the 1% and get the Inny earth staff, then you use the earth pet.

You can chain pets by casting a new pet(before the old pet dies) then using the pet command /pet get to get rid of your first pet just before the spell finishes casting. Hit a few /pet attack as your summon spell finishes so your pet goes for the mob before you get hit. You want to be a ways away so your new pet has time to steal aggro off you before the mobs get to you.

If you're doing this with fire pet make sure to tap a couple /pet back (after it gets aggro) to allow your pet to cast it's self DS(it doesn't come rebuffed when you summon it).

Pet haste is important, don't under estimate it.

magnetaress
01-08-2021, 12:52 PM
If I was so inclined to hand craft a set of banded armor, a shield and hand it to my pet, would my pet equip it all?

I think it'd be a heavy boost to AC

plus pets with shield get shield AC bonus, + bash?

Do pets get innate AC?

I would only do this for a hard pull were i'm nuking and gating or something.

Kinda cheeper than spaming wort pots sorta.

Jimjam
01-08-2021, 02:28 PM
If I was so inclined to hand craft a set of banded armor, a shield and hand it to my pet, would my pet equip it all?

I think it'd be a heavy boost to AC

plus pets with shield get shield AC bonus, + bash?

Do pets get innate AC?

I would only do this for a hard pull were i'm nuking and gating or something.

Kinda cheeper than spaming wort pots sorta.

I normally throw looted bronze on to pets, people claim they can notice, i have doubts. It is said they don’t have duplicate slits (ie one ear, finger,wrist).

The real question is how often should we give pets food, and what is each pets best snack?

Vivitron
01-08-2021, 02:36 PM
I normally throw looted bronze on to pets, people claim they can notice, i have doubts. It is said they don’t have duplicate slits (ie one ear, finger,wrist).

The real question is how often should we give pets food, and what is each pets best snack?

I thought someone proved with hp rings and charm that level 1 npcs have at least two ring slots. Should be easy enough to retest.

Zipity
01-08-2021, 04:45 PM

Earth pets love grub wurms
Water Pets love fish of any kind
Fire pets love meat
Air pets like to drink alcohol
Epic pet is a moonshine and hookers kinda guy.

Jimjam
01-08-2021, 05:31 PM
Earth pets love grub wurms
Water Pets love fish of any kind
Fire pets love meat
Air pets like to drink alcohol
Epic pet is a moonshine and hookers kinda guy.

And what about the oft forgot summoned monster?

Sabin76
01-08-2021, 06:00 PM
I thought someone proved with hp rings and charm that level 1 npcs have at least two ring slots. Should be easy enough to retest.

We are talking bout Mage pets here, though.