PDA

View Full Version : Pally Epic/Fiery Defender

Kaffee
09-29-2020, 04:33 PM
Question, I'm currently at "scowls" to Ella the Pure for the tainted shield turn in. What faction do I need to fix? Wiki doesn't say

Droxx
09-29-2020, 05:26 PM
According to old ZAM stuff, it's Clerics of Tunare.

Crede
09-29-2020, 05:40 PM
Those mobs can be done with indiff faction. Land calm on her, or get a higher level enc to do it, open up trade window with her. then have someone invis you to get indiff faction then hit trade = no faction work needed

elwing
09-30-2020, 01:37 AM
Cleric of tunare can be fixed with muffins too, no?

Swish
09-30-2020, 03:38 AM
Those mobs can be done with indiff faction. Land calm on her, or get a higher level enc to do it, open up trade window with her. then have someone invis you to get indiff faction then hit trade = no faction work needed

Is this 100% correct? I'd take the muffin route if it'll get you there.

Toad1
09-30-2020, 11:06 AM
im thinking about making a paladin , is the 2 handed slash damage what it was on retail? I heard it was much lower here and paladins arent considered dps? On retail sks and paladins could solo topside of seb frogs true or false?

Kaffee
09-30-2020, 11:27 AM
Is this 100% correct? I'd take the muffin route if it'll get you there.

I'd tend to try it this way as well. Unfortunately, as a dorf, I have no hide ability, and rely on a pair of Rings of Shadow for invis. Tried doing the muffin quest as written in the wiki. It was a no-go

Trademarked
09-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Sounds to me like you went and did an oopsie-doopsie killing in Plane of Growth before getting your epic. Well, you're not alone in that folly.

Muffin quest in FP will set you straight.

Find you an afk bard that will play invis song for you in FP. Pacify the muffin man to get close enough for turn-ins. Pop the muffins in trade and wait for invis song to take hold of you. Then hit trade. Rinse and repeat for a couple hours. Make sure you keep pacify refreshed regularly.

Kaffee
09-30-2020, 12:38 PM

Confirmed! Guildie hopped on and helped me, this method works

Jauna
09-30-2020, 04:20 PM
the fuck did a paladin do to piss off the elves

Kaffee
09-30-2020, 04:21 PM
Went on a raid to bag Tunare. N00bish mistake

Kennie
10-01-2020, 02:09 PM
muffins will fix you

Crede
10-01-2020, 03:30 PM
No need to waste time factioning for any epic unless there’s a specific high faction requirement, like certain clearly outlined portions of the pally epic. Most epic quest npcs only care about appre faction so Harmony/calm + invis will do the trick most of the time.

Xulia
10-02-2020, 08:42 AM
"He killed our Goddess!"
"Yeah man, BUT - check out all these muffins!"
"...That IS a lot of muffins..."

knottyb0y
10-02-2020, 10:18 AM
"He killed our Goddess!"

ROFL!

Harvest
10-02-2020, 10:25 AM
"He killed our Goddess!"

Haha, almost spat my tea out

Kaffee
10-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Final question, can final turn-in for the Avenger in sky be done with amiable for Deepwater Knights?

Droxx
10-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Final question, can final turn-in for the Avenger in sky be done with amiable for Deepwater Knights?

You'll also need pretty high Deepwater Knight faction for the turn ins. Indifferent will eat your items. No confirmation on what's required, but put in some work to get it at least Warmly before wasting time and money getting to island 4 then waiting months for item reimbursements if he eats your shit.

Wiki says you need faction but...

I did the entire thing (FA and FD) without raising Deepwater Knights faction as a High Elf. I was definitely no higher than Amiable and I believe I was indifferent. My FA turn in was in late 2010 though.

Edit: I was in Erudin recently and checked my logs for faction. It looks like I was also Amiable.

[Mon Jul 20 12:41:48 2020] Laoni Reista judges you amiably -- what would you like your tombstone to say?
[Mon Jul 20 12:41:53 2020] Tiam Khonsir judges you amiably -- what would you like your tombstone to say?