PDA

View Full Version : RBG dies

Tethler
09-18-2020, 07:59 PM
Really (BBC News - US Supreme Court Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54214729)

This will surely start a shitstorm of epic proportions when McConnel goes forward with a nomination.

Castle2.0
09-18-2020, 08:06 PM
Wow. Let's see if McConnell and his majority replace her with a conservative (female) judge. That's my expectation. Oooooo: Kunark, Election, SCOTUS nomination/confirmation(?) - Exciting time for us Americans :D

Kaight
09-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Can’t wait for you right shits to make some excuse as to why Trump should still get to nominate a new judge even though Obama and dems got fucked with Merrick Garland.

Rest in power, RBG

Woke Locc
09-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Wow. Let's see if McConnell and his majority replace her with a conservative (female) judge. That's my expectation. Oooooo: Kunark, Election, SCOTUS nomination/confirmation(?) - Exciting time for us Americans :D

Murkowski said no. Should be Romney and Collins too. Dunno others.

bubur
09-18-2020, 09:59 PM
yall ready for the greatest filibusters of our lifetimes?

DMN
09-18-2020, 10:24 PM
Murkowski said no. Should be Romney and Collins too. Dunno others.

"Elections have consequences".

Rader
09-18-2020, 10:33 PM
Can’t wait for you right shits to make some excuse as to why Trump should still get to nominate a new judge even though Obama and dems got fucked with Merrick Garland.

Rest in power, RBG

Because

Did you really think there was any other reason? lol

How about this - libtards don't deserve to nominate a pinko commie BLM Antifa sympathizer to the SCOTUS, ever

Woke Locc
09-18-2020, 10:57 PM

I don't think they'll vote before the election, dunno what you mean?

DMN
09-18-2020, 11:07 PM
I don't think they'll vote before the election, dunno what you mean?

The election was already held. 2016.

Nuggie
09-18-2020, 11:17 PM
Ugh. RIP.

EDIT - this kind of gives the Right leaners a heck of a... thumb on a very important balance... I'm not sure I like. Although, some of the recent candidates didn't turn out to be as expected... so that's comforting.

Topgunben
09-18-2020, 11:20 PM

Woke Locc
09-18-2020, 11:21 PM
The election was already held. 2016.

You got that part wrong dummy, 2018.

I'll excuse myself from your meme reenactment now.

DMN
09-18-2020, 11:39 PM
You got that part wrong dummy, 2018.

I'll excuse myself from your meme reenactment now.

The main senatorial elections were in 2016.

Tethler
09-19-2020, 12:13 AM
The main senatorial elections were in 2016.

When was McConnell re-elected? (I don't actually know) That's probably the relevant one here.

galach
09-19-2020, 12:42 AM

Rest in power, RBG

:D

Ripqozko
09-19-2020, 12:54 AM
God bless trump 2020, time to make scotus great again.

Castle2.0
09-19-2020, 01:45 AM
Verdict on having a vote versus not having a vote is in. Cocaine Mitch has spoken (via Twitter) https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1307121192516628480

They WILL have a vote on the nominee. Doesn't mean the nominee will be confirmed, but if Cocaine Mitch says there is a vote to be held, the vote will be held.

Both sides will do the same ol' political song and dance and then it'll go to a vote.

The nominee will 100% be a woman - maybe even a minority? Republican strategy to make it harder to beat up on the nominee, and to avoid another Blasey Ford situation. Also they wanna replace a woman with a woman, especially since the hotbutton issue related to women is abortion. This will be tipped back the other way by any real conservative judge confirmed to SCOTUS.

Speaking of Twitter, here's a good one from Chuck Schumer in 2016 - https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/701953299268902912

The threats of riots won't work though... we're already there. Whatever happens, the next 2 months are bonkers....

AMD next-gen CPU release... RTX 3000 GPUs actually available for purchase.. SCOTUS nominee/confirmation process, Presidential election..

2020 has been some year.

zodium
09-19-2020, 02:23 AM
wow, supreme court justice trump!

bubur
09-19-2020, 02:46 AM
:D

um seems like a violation of the norrathian hatch act. lf elf ethics counselor pst

bubur
09-19-2020, 02:48 AM
Verdict on having a vote versus not having a vote is in. Cocaine Mitch has spoken (via Twitter) https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1307121192516628480

They WILL have a vote on the nominee. Doesn't mean the nominee will be confirmed, but if Cocaine Mitch says there is a vote to be held, the vote will be held.

Both sides will do the same ol' political song and dance and then it'll go to a vote.

The nominee will 100% be a woman - maybe even a minority? Republican strategy to make it harder to beat up on the nominee, and to avoid another Blasey Ford situation. Also they wanna replace a woman with a woman, especially since the hotbutton issue related to women is abortion. This will be tipped back the other way by any real conservative judge confirmed to SCOTUS.

Speaking of Twitter, here's a good one from Chuck Schumer in 2016 - https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/701953299268902912

The threats of riots won't work though... we're already there. Whatever happens, the next 2 months are bonkers....

AMD next-gen CPU release... RTX 3000 GPUs actually available for purchase.. SCOTUS nominee/confirmation process, Presidential election..

2020 has been some year.

nice essay but what if its just the honorable ted cruz lol thatd be funny

zodium
09-19-2020, 02:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/jsCrFTH.jpg

Patriam1066
09-19-2020, 07:28 AM

Rest in power, RBG

Yeah, it’s really bad. McConnell is worse than trump, they will somehow get another justice on the bench. They’re ruthless and good at dirty politics

Patriam1066
09-19-2020, 07:34 AM
When was McConnell re-elected? (I don't actually know) That's probably the relevant one here.

He’s up this year and he’s going to cruise. It isn’t relevant at all, the Democratic party is so bad at politics they put a dyke and a black on the ballot against McConnell. If Sherrod brown was the model for midwestern and southern Dems they’d win elections

Thank God for Biden, he actually has a chance to win this thing. Had it been bloombergstein or booker trump would’ve won every state not on the west coast

Raev
09-19-2020, 10:17 AM
Ted Cruz's handlers made the good point that without an odd number of justices (https://opslens.com/ted-cruz-urges-senate-to-fill-ruth-bader-ginsburgs-seat-warning-of-constitutional-crisis-on-election-day/) the Supreme Court is likely to deadlock after the inevitable legal challenge to Trump's handlers' landslide victory (https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1118147.shtml), leading to a Constitutional crisis.

In other news, Biden is now directly reading his handlers' lines during INTERVIEWS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3N60xKeiT4&feature=youtu.be) (warning: rather obnoxious video). The point is not so much that Biden has dementia as that it's all a show.

BarnabusCollins
09-19-2020, 10:26 AM
If you think Trump is going to win a rigged election, good luck.

FatherSioux
09-19-2020, 10:40 AM

Rest in power, RBG

It’s like when your sibling told you not to eat the last Oreo, they then go eat that Oreo because you’re gullible and smooth brained. SCOTUS isn’t a game, this isn’t dirty politics this is real life where people don’t care about your feelings. You play to win the game.

douglas1999
09-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Luckily, people will come to terms with this and won't call for more rioting just because political winds aren't blowing in their favor-annnnnnd, this is why we can't have nice things

Woke Locc
09-19-2020, 01:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jsCrFTH.jpg

But would they support a lame duck session confirmation?

Ah, well, nevertheless!

quido
09-19-2020, 01:25 PM
There was a solid understanding for many years - a sort of peace when it came to fucking with the Supreme Court and its balance. This was violated in 2016. There will be retribution - probably not now, but sometime.

Castle2.0
09-19-2020, 02:23 PM
There was a solid understanding for many years - a sort of peace when it came to fucking with the Supreme Court and its balance. This was violated in 2016. There will be retribution - probably not now, but sometime.
What is this BS "balance" concept you speak of? The courts are about JUSTICE.

The Supreme Court's job is to properly interpret and uphold the Constitution.

When the court makes a decision it isn't about balancing political interests. You have 9 justices it's intended to NOT be balanced so they can make the RIGHT decision on cases. Not some political compromise based on the the culture's current zeitgeist.

Worth a read: https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/constitutional.aspx

auura
09-19-2020, 02:30 PM
Loraen/Raev:

I saw your above post which led me to read some of your other more recent posts and was both surprised and disappointed. I normally wouldn't post this but you are one of the most intelligent people I have met, in this community or otherwise, and I believe you are parroting conspiracy theories meant to cause division within our country.

Consider occam's razor and whether: (1) it really makes sense that there is some agenda to turn our country communist (that has a real chance of succeeding and is not just a loud fringe group - note the US has had a communist party established for the last 100 years); or (2) whether our world adversaries are merely seeking to divide our people as they have sought to do for the last 50 years to lessen our power and destroy our alliances. Biden isn't the best, but he will keep the pendulum from swinging as far left as it swung to the right in 2016 which is critical to lessening that divide.

Consider also whether that strategy to divide us is more effective now because of the desperate situation of the average American whose culture was not to embrace education but was able to provide its people good lives through blue collar jobs which are no longer there. Rather than seek to blame minorities and liberals and embrace politicians who spout hate and make empty promises, it is critical for them to adapt and better themselves. Further division and propping up fake enemies will just stop that from happening.

Hope you have been well,
Svenn

Woke Locc
09-19-2020, 02:40 PM

But when did the blood war begin? Trump? Reid? Clinton? Bork? NIXON?

DMN
09-19-2020, 03:14 PM
There will be retribution - probably not now, but sometime.

That's been the only currency of the demonazi party for decades.

Gwaihir
09-19-2020, 03:27 PM
Loraen/Raev:

Consider occam's razor and whether: (1) it really makes sense that there is some agenda to turn our country communist (that has a real chance of succeeding and is not just a loud fringe group - note the US has had a communist party established for the last 100 years); or (2) whether our world adversaries are merely seeking to divide our people as they have sought to do for the last 50 years to lessen our power and destroy our alliances. Biden isn't the best, but he will keep the pendulum from swinging as far left as it swung to the right in 2016 which is critical to lessening that divide.

There is an attempt to reroute this country towards something, but its not exactly "communism" as envisioned by marx.

Its more or less corporo-communism, and policy is constantly being reorgranized to consolidate power into the hands of a few megacorps, that arent even financially competitive with small business.

Take google for example.

Google used to source food and beverage supplies from small local redistributors that were able to deliver product to them at a price below what they would have to pay companies like Sysco Foods.

Now, theyve partnered with Foodbuy, and all of their historic suppliers are being forced to sign onto obligations that would make them financially responsible for manufacturing / production auditting practices that essentially require the small business to contract fulltime staff even the axtual manufactuer/producer already has the fiscal depth/breadth to assume that liability personally, in the event of a QA issue.

This is also typified in their foodbiy contract quarterly which means if youre redistributing 100 or 200 skus from 8 different manufacturers youve gotta have a guy flying around all over the coubtry to audit your suppliers practices, and their raw material manufacturers practices all the down to source, every quarter.

This baloons operational costs and essentially disqualifies a large number of small businesses doing business with Google, at a more competitive price, but it doesn't matter.

These contracts with foodbuy also require full disclosure of the ethnic diversity breakdown of companies signing on with them, with increased net 45(business days only) accounting practices unless the company is "minority-owned) in which case they pay net30-standard.

I could go on and on and on about the verious practices and sourcing agreement expectations when doing business with a company, but long story: short; there's all sorts of fuckery going on behind the scenes to consolidate and invalidate any other path but "corporate employee" in the US right now.

Raev
09-19-2020, 04:14 PM
conspiracy theories

I've never understood this term. Do you seriously believe that America's rich and powerful are all upstanding, moral men and women primarily concerned with the common good rather than their personal fiefdoms? Of course that doesn't mean that any particular theory is correct, but I don't see how anyone can look at modern America and conclude that the common people are actually in control of this country. Nor should this result be surprising: it's basically theoretically guaranteed (https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Decline-Nations-Stagflation-Rigidities/dp/0300030797/ref=sr_1_2) in any sufficiently large democracy.

As for liberals, I suggest you watch Yuri Bezmenov (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFW_i9NtP4I).

Rader
09-19-2020, 04:28 PM
Borking = Good

Garlanding = Bad

Got it

Patriam1066
09-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Borking = Good

Garlanding = Bad

Got it

Bork was rejected because of his statements about civil rights. He didn’t carry all the republican votes in the senate. Also, Anthony Kennedy went through. Merrick Garland didn’t really have a record that could be considered extreme. Apples and oranges

douglas1999
09-19-2020, 05:59 PM
I've never understood this term. Do you seriously believe that America's rich and powerful are all upstanding, moral men and women primarily concerned with the common good rather than their personal fiefdoms? Of course that doesn't mean that any particular theory is correct, but I don't see how anyone can look at modern America and conclude that the common people are actually in control of this country. Nor should this result be surprising: it's basically theoretically guaranteed (https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Decline-Nations-Stagflation-Rigidities/dp/0300030797/ref=sr_1_2) in any sufficiently large democracy.

As for liberals, I suggest you watch Yuri Bezmenov (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFW_i9NtP4I).

Well the problem with what people call conspiracy theories is that they are lacking hard evidence at best, and completely unfalsifiable at worst. And to throw another wrench in the machine, the term "conspiracy theory" is recently and presently becoming synonymous with "a thing a don't like".

Evidence, as always, is paramount to evaluating any truth claim made by anyone. Paranoia and confirmation bias always muddy these waters, but the most important person to be skeptical of is yourself first and foremost. It's easy to be skeptical of others because it's just a hardwired facet of self preservation and the human experience. It's daunting and often very unpleasant to be skeptical of yourself.

Asteria
09-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Because

Did you really think there was any other reason? lol

How about this - libtards don't deserve to nominate a pinko commie BLM Antifa sympathizer to the SCOTUS, ever

Sorry, there is no liberal party in the USA to ever do that in the near future.

Mario 7
09-19-2020, 06:25 PM
They said kamala harris was up for being a supreme court judge, too bad she thinks she will be vp because she will end up being neither

poor bitch

Raev
09-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Evidence, as always, is paramount to evaluating any truth claim made by anyone.

I strongly disagree here. A key part of any intelligence campaign is deception, so it will never be easy to figure out exactly what is going on. Instead, it's much easier to simply look at the incentives of the key players. For example:

Consider occam's razor and whether: (1) it really makes sense that there is some agenda to turn our country communist

Consider the average corrupt elite who wants to increase his power. If he has more, someone else must have less. Who will lose? The people who aren't organized and politically aligned. What is the end result? More and more power concentrated in fewer and fewer entities, whether they are big corporations, government agencies, Central Banks, or shadow crime families. Sound familiar? It's hard for me to discuss potential conspiracies to turn the US communist when it has obviously already happened!

The details, on the other hand, are much more difficult. Is Trump owned by the Mossad while Biden is owned by the CCP? Is Facebook owned by the NSA or the CIA? (note: remember Myspace? Some poor clown thought they could have a cool idea and build social media) Is there really only one organization underneath everything? Who knows. And I don't think it's that important. The important thing to realize is that:

People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.

And if Americans want to keep our republic we need to work together to tear down all of these government programs that are ostensibly for our benefit, but in practice only funnel money to the parasites. This is particularly difficult for the modern liberal to accept, because their natural mode is to try to acquire free resources from the system, not contribute to keep it together, and their strategy makes them the natural allies of the crime families. Personally I don't think it happens.

Asteria
09-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Rest in Peace, Ms. Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Ye served us all well too. 💕🙏

Often times, young conservative women will have abortions too. Sad,but true. It's the -1st amendment to have this right

Spergand
09-19-2020, 07:16 PM
Gay

Mario 7
09-19-2020, 08:25 PM
They said kamala harris was up for being a supreme court judge, too bad she thinks she will be vp because she will end up being neither

poor bitch

Woke Locc
09-19-2020, 09:55 PM
Gay

How dare you say that about the 1st amendment

Rader
09-19-2020, 10:30 PM
Bork was rejected because he was evil. Merrick Garland was denied because conservatives are evil

Apples and oranges

Add-if Democrats controlled the Senate now Trump's nominee would be Garland'd

Didn't your God once say that elections matter?

Guess that only meant ones that liberals won

Elrood
09-19-2020, 10:51 PM
We're about to have a Supreme Court that doesn't even come close to reflecting the values of the people because right wing shitstains only care about their power, not democracy, and act accordingly.

Brutal_X
09-19-2020, 11:15 PM
We're about to have a Supreme Court that doesn't even come close to reflecting the values of the people because right wing shitstains only care about their power, not democracy, and act accordingly.

DMN
09-19-2020, 11:34 PM
We're about to have a Supreme Court that doesn't even come close to reflecting the values of the people

You'd probably find that to not be the case if you ever talked to anyone not in your brown shirt LARPing group.

Elrood
09-19-2020, 11:47 PM
You'd probably find that to not be the case if you ever talked to anyone not in your brown shirt LARPing group.

The only people I routinely talk to irl are my coworkers at an insurance company who are mostly all republicans, and my family who (thank fucking christ) are not.

If the SC overturns Roe, that's going against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Americans.

If the SC removes pre-existing condition protections, that's going against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Americans.

Can you even begin to imagine an overwhelmingly popular right-wing policy position? It doesn't exist.

Brutal_X
09-19-2020, 11:50 PM
The only people I routinely talk to irl are my coworkers at an insurance company who are mostly all republicans, and my family who (thank fucking christ) are not.

If the SC overturns Roe, that's going against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Americans.

If the SC removes pre-existing condition protections, that's going against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Americans.

Can you even begin to imagine an overwhelmingly popular right-wing policy position? It doesn't exist.

You say this as if when Roe was passed Americans had favorable views on legal abortion, lmao

Elrood
09-20-2020, 12:00 AM
You say this as if when Roe was passed Americans had favorable views on legal abortion, lmao

lmao, yes they did. Something like 20% of Americans thought abortion should be illegal when the decision was made, which is almost exactly where it remains today.

Our national views on abortion have not changed since Roe. You're flat wrong.

Brutal_X
09-20-2020, 12:10 AM
lmao, yes they did. Something like 20% of Americans thought abortion should be illegal when the decision was made, which is almost exactly where it remains today.

Our national views on abortion have not changed since Roe. You're flat wrong.

That's not really true. It's been super fluid and certainly hasn't been an "overwhelming majority". You had almost 50% in opposition during the Mid-80's and other spikes since 1975.

Elrood
09-20-2020, 12:17 AM
That's not really true. It's been super fluid and certainly hasn't been an "overwhelming majority". You had almost 50% in opposition during the Mid-80's and other spikes since 1975.

I'm seeing 74% supporting abortion, either fully or in some cases, in the mid-70s. 79% today. It's increased by a little. By so little the line effectively looks flat. There's been "spikes" but really small ones.

If your contention was that when Roe passed, anti-abortion views in this country were a majority, let alone a large one, then that is simply not true.

Elrood
09-20-2020, 12:32 AM
And also, it's like, when I say that democracy itself is very much in trouble in this country (supported by republicans *forcing* themselves into office and power in a way that democrats simply do not, and the way republicans are quick and eager to strip voting rights from Americans),

why is your response to that: "Gonna cry"? Wtf kind of American is so fucking blasé about that?

BlackBellamy
09-20-2020, 12:34 AM

Oh that's super-duper easy. You see, Obama was a lame-duck. No matter what happened in the next election, Obama was going bye bye. So Mitch the Honorable decided to let the people decide; they would elect a new president who would be 100% not Obama and that person would then have the privilege.

This is completely not the case now. Trump the Incumbent is rightly choosing the justice as is proper of one expected to retain the office.

The violation happened in 2013, when Harry Reid and the Democrats removed the filibuster and the 60 vote requirement for judicial appointments. Mitch told Harry if he did that there would be hell to pay, because Harry was breaking like 200 years of precedent and shit. I think he said "You’ll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think." which is cool because he never swore but I would have definitely thrown a 'motherfucker' in there. So yeah, of course the Democrats caused this trouble, just like every fucking other thing I swear the incompetent evil shits.

Castle2.0
09-20-2020, 12:45 AM
Location: Chicago, Illinois Democrat mayors since 1931. Pick a day to read a newspaper from Chicago in the past 20 years. /thread

Elrood
09-20-2020, 12:49 AM
Oh that's super-duper easy. You see, Obama was a lame-duck. No matter what happened in the next election, Obama was going bye bye. So Mitch the Honorable decided to let the people decide; they would elect a new president who would be 100% not Obama and that person would then have the privilege.

This is completely not the case now. Trump the Incumbent is rightly choosing the justice as is proper of one expected to retain the office.

The violation happened in 2013, when Harry Reid and the Democrats removed the filibuster and the 60 vote requirement for judicial appointments. Mitch told Harry if he did that there would be hell to pay, because Harry was breaking like 200 years of precedent and shit. I think he said "You’ll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think." which is cool because he never swore but I would have definitely thrown a 'motherfucker' in there. So yeah, of course the Democrats caused this trouble, just like every fucking other thing I swear the incompetent evil shits.

The people did decide in 2012 when they overwhelmingly elected Obama, knowing that any open seats in his 4 remaining years of office were his privilege to fill. Not just his first 3 years of the term, or 2. Four. Mitch simply stole that from him.

And if you're saying that Reid breaking Senate precedent rightly resulted in McConnell retaliating by packing the courts with hardcore conservative judges that do not reflect the will and views of the American people, then your idea of evil is fucking skewed beyond belief.

Elrood
09-20-2020, 12:51 AM
Democrat mayors since 1931. Pick a day to read a newspaper from Chicago in the past 20 years. /thread

Third in the nation in GDP, bitch. We get it done.

How are those ruby red cities of ours' doing, anyway?

Edit: Oh, and I've had the Chicago Tribune delivered to me for as long as I can remember.

Nuggie
09-20-2020, 01:54 AM

Less taxes.

Patriam1066
09-20-2020, 02:09 AM
Obesity and type 2 diabetes are not pre-existing conditions. We just shame people for the wrong things.

Patriam1066
09-20-2020, 02:10 AM
Low taxes, gun rights, closed borders

All overwhelmingly popular everywhere, right wing populism regularly wins elections globally

FatherSioux
09-20-2020, 02:15 AM

All overwhelmingly popular everywhere, right wing populism regularly wins elections globally

Because of this simple fact. We like the smell of our own farts and don’t want to smell others farts.

Elrood
09-20-2020, 03:42 AM

Not because of popularity.

64% of Americans believe gun laws should be more strict.
64% of Americans believe immigration rates should be increased or kept the same
60% of Americans believe that border wall construction should not continue
48% of Americans believe the federal taxation rate is fine

Right wing "populism" does not win because of actual populism.

Patriam1066
09-20-2020, 03:59 AM
I agree that the term “populism” doesn’t reflect the historical definition, but I’d also ask you to dig deeper into those polls. People say a lot of things when a certain answer is expected socially, then you go to family dinner and they tell you the Chinese should be made into batteries like in the matrix for what they’re doing to the Uighurs (my father said this, I died laughing)

cheshm tang delenda est

Elrood
09-20-2020, 04:19 AM
I agree that the term “populism” doesn’t reflect the historical definition, but I’d also ask you to dig deeper into those polls. People say a lot of things when a certain answer is expected socially, then you go to family dinner and they tell you the Chinese should be made into batteries like in the matrix for what they’re doing to the Uighurs (my father said this, I died laughing)

cheshm tang delenda est

It doesn't sound to me that your father would respond to a pollster saying that immigration rates are just fine.

zodium
09-20-2020, 04:24 AM
There is an attempt to reroute this country towards something, but its not exactly "communism" as envisioned by marx.

Its more or less corporo-communism, and policy is constantly being reorgranized to consolidate power into the hands of a few megacorps, that arent even financially competitive with small business.

[...]

I could go on and on and on about the verious practices and sourcing agreement expectations when doing business with a company, but long story: short; there's all sorts of fuckery going on behind the scenes to consolidate and invalidate any other path but "corporate employee" in the US right now.

you are describing the form of government karl marx and vladimir lenin warned your forefathers capitalism would necessarily develop into. the "barbarism" part of "socialism or barbarism."

Gwaihir
09-20-2020, 05:08 AM
you are describing the form of government karl marx and vladimir lenin warned your forefathers capitalism would necessarily develop into. the "barbarism" part of "socialism or barbarism."

Slap a BLM fist and a LGBT Rainbow flag on it and sell that rebranded shit, bro.

Just add Kosher.

FatherSioux
09-20-2020, 09:06 AM
Not because of popularity.

64% of Americans believe gun laws should be more strict.
64% of Americans believe immigration rates should be increased or kept the same
60% of Americans believe that border wall construction should not continue
48% of Americans believe the federal taxation rate is fine

Right wing "populism" does not win because of actual populism.

Look at this guy posting poll results like it’s 1983. Polls are trash. The West and it’s tenants have lifted the world population out of poverty. World hunger is essentially a solved issue. Go watch Fiddler on the Roof

Woke Locc
09-20-2020, 12:40 PM

I think it goes much deeper (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_War) than that. Reid only did it because the Republicans laid siege to the Republic via filibuster and obstruction

douglas1999
09-20-2020, 01:13 PM
The left basically owns cultural institutions and all socially acceptable attitudes now. It's not brave or radical to adopt something that everyone already agrees with. Black lives matter! Like, yeah, who the fuck says they don't? Literally nobody. It's not punk rock to join the god damn mob.

Castle2.0
09-20-2020, 01:24 PM
I believe the polls. They predicted Hillary... wait nvm.

Elrood
09-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Look at this guy posting poll results like it’s 1983. Polls are trash. The West and it’s tenants have lifted the world population out of poverty. World hunger is essentially a solved issue. Go watch Fiddler on the Roof

Polls are trash because you don't want to be exposed to the fact that you are in a minority.

zodium
09-20-2020, 04:15 PM
The left basically owns cultural institutions and all socially acceptable attitudes now. It's not brave or radical to adopt something that everyone already agrees with. Black lives matter! Like, yeah, who the fuck says they don't? Literally nobody. It's not punk rock to join the god damn mob.

agreed, abolishing the cops and overthrowing capitalism isn't radical. it's common sense.

douglas1999
09-20-2020, 05:41 PM
agreed, abolishing the cops and overthrowing capitalism isn't radical. it's common sense.

Right. Humans should all starve to death, I mean, we are a burden on the planet that we can't experience if we don't exist. Therefor, we should adopt a system that will kill us. I know you're not quite a nihilist, but you seem to be close. Anti-natalist maybe? Fatalist?

zodium
09-20-2020, 06:22 PM
Right. Humans should all starve to death, I mean, we are a burden on the planet that we can't experience if we don't exist. Therefor, we should adopt a system that will kill us.

i disagree. we should adopt communism instead.

douglas1999
09-20-2020, 06:45 PM
i disagree. we should adopt communism instead.

I see what ya did there you rascal

zodium
09-21-2020, 02:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Y4bYmrN.png

BlackBellamy
09-21-2020, 08:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Y4bYmrN.png

Pictured above: The Plenary Meeting of the People's Committee towards implementing the Five-Year Plan.

hobart
09-21-2020, 11:41 AM
Trump should nominate Merrick Garland and see if the Democrats are stupid enough to do anything but say "thank you".

Garland was proposed as an option to Obama by Orin Hatch (and other republicans) with the idea that the republican senate might compromise and confirm a "moderate" justice.

If he wins another term he might just get to replace Breyer. Of course if that happens we'll get someone insane and unqualified because, well, Trump.

Blingy
09-21-2020, 12:33 PM
I keep seeing all these facts and figures thrown around but no source. Any chance some of you can provide sources for your claims?

BlackBellamy
09-21-2020, 03:05 PM
I keep seeing all these facts and figures thrown around but no source. Any chance some of you can provide sources for your claims?

I moved into an apartment that once had a Scientologist in it and I kept getting his Freedom magazine. In the back they had Letters to Scientology and they had people writing in with how Scientology helped them with their lives. So I read this one account from a guy who said he was driving through the storm in the Pacific Northwest and he saw a tree go down on the other side of the road behind him, and later he was passing a trucker going in the opposite direction and he sent his Scientology Mind Ray into the trucker's mind and gave him knowledge of the hazard. The letter writer was very happy he was able to use his power to help someone. He didn't call it the Scientology Mind Ray but that's what he described. 'I put the knowledge of the hazard in his mind'.

You can believe some things because they're righteous and divine.

Now, if you're a 'facts' and 'figures' guy, then that trucker is dead, and you're the murderer.

-TK-
09-21-2020, 03:42 PM

I can't believe you guys are engaging with this guy after his first post. I mean, aren't we all at least operating under the understanding that both political parties' main goal is achieving and retaining power? Your cluelessness and bias were showing before you even made another post. And then, Chicago.... lol

And FYI, whether the Court should make determinations based on 'the values of the American people' is still something that is up for debate in the US according to PEW researchers (since you like polls so much), and it splits largely along the lines of political ideology at about 50/50 when you add in margins of error. So it's not like there's an overwhelming number in support of your beliefs that makes the other side of the argument some underwhelming minority like you like to think. And, again.... polls lol

BarnabusCollins
09-21-2020, 04:59 PM
I cant stand both parties their party is no fun - no cake no ice cream no presents.
I'm a ME-atarian

PieOats
09-21-2020, 09:53 PM
Looking forward the bulletproof second amendment and well mannered social interactions that will come from four years of challenging gay state firearms prohibitions. Universal stand your grand laws and no more garbage burning down cities to protest the shootings of convicted rapists trying to kidnap their victim’s children while stealing their vehicle.

Abortion is here to stay dudes. Deal with it.

RBG was a smart lady. She will be replaced by another smart lady and we can all feel good about that.

Castle2.0
09-21-2020, 10:47 PM

Unless Romney AND another (R) defector jump ship.. Barret is in and she is PRO LIFE my man. Just need the Supreme Court to take a case and it's a done deal unless Gorsuch or Kavanaugh get weak-kneed, which could also happen.

RBG was a smart lady. She will be replaced by another smart lady and we can all feel good about that. Fact Check true.

DMN
09-21-2020, 10:51 PM
Prolly not gonna be barret. If you do the political calculus on this and they will go with lagoa.

Elrood
09-21-2020, 11:19 PM
I can't believe you guys are engaging with this guy after his first post. I mean, aren't we all at least operating under the understanding that both political parties' main goal is achieving and retaining power? Your cluelessness and bias were showing before you even made another post. And then, Chicago.... lol

Both parties want power (wow you're smart), but if you're operating under the understanding that both parties will do *whatever* it takes to gain and keep power, then you have the naiveté of a small, stupid child.

And anyone mindlessly bashing Chicago is a brainwashed simpleton told what to think about a city they've never been to, never will, and know nothing about.

Castle2.0
09-21-2020, 11:50 PM
Done with Elrood, his diatribes, and his cherry-picked/fake stats. Sorry your side is losing and is gonna keep losing. Out of touch with reality and the majority of Americans. I didn't vote for or support Trump in 2016 (or the other guy, gal?) but I'm leaning towards it in 2020 - just to fend off the crazies.

I'm sorry Trump is getting the best of you. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-hCltqvbcE)

Elrood
09-22-2020, 12:15 AM
No fake facts whatsoever, but by the way you garishly promote yourself I know who you're voting for.

Woke Locc
09-22-2020, 12:22 AM
No fake facts whatsoever, but by the way you garishly promote yourself I know who you're voting for.

You can't overturn Roe without overturning a thousand privacy laws based on it

But, he's louder

Baler
09-22-2020, 12:39 AM

The abortion issue was created to cause conflict. It doesn't matter what the gov says one way or the other on that topic.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hegelian+dialectic

BlackBellamy
09-22-2020, 11:43 AM
And anyone mindlessly bashing Chicago is a brainwashed simpleton told what to think about a city they've never been to, never will, and know nothing about.

Chicago is hopelessly corrupt and run by idiots. You can just look at the mayor; there is no way this person is not brain-damaged with her giant forehead and the googly-eyes, but I guess the main thing is the stupid things she says. Everyone is corrupt, from the Mayor on down to the Aldermen to the District Attorneys (hi 2 kim foxx) to the precinct captains down to everyone. Everyone is on the take and everyone lies. Not a single person in the city administration gives a shit about the mass murder taking place on the streets where the black blood runs all over the streets nightly but they run their fucking cunt mouths blaming everyone else for their shit governance.

Source: Grew up and lived in Chicago. Bought drugs in Cabrini Green off West Oak. Honorary member of Park Ridge Jewish Mafia. Mother political reporter for Chicago newspaper.

-TK-
09-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Both parties want power (wow you're smart), but if you're operating under the understanding that both parties will do *whatever* it takes to gain and keep power, then you have the naiveté of a small, stupid child.

Yeah, surely we're the naive party on this topic. :rolleyes:

This is just you showing your ignorance and illustrating how quickly you jump to incorrect assumptions without facts. I lived on the southeast side of that shithole for more than 2 decades so I know exactly what I'm talking about when I say it's mostly a shithole. But keep boasting about the city's GDP (rofl) like that's relevant. I just can't ...

Woke Locc
09-22-2020, 01:15 PM
Hope was a mistake: Romney abdicates (https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/politics/scotus-nomination-congress-latest-mitt-romney/index.html)

Castle2.0
09-22-2020, 01:21 PM
Looks like like it's locked in.

by the way you garishly promote yourself I know who you're voting for.
Jealous of my elf resume, yeesh. I think you missed the (walking) meme my man - The Man(nastone) himself. Just wait til I splice in some Gaston clips into my next video... it'll be delicious.

No one who votes for Joe Biden can be bad. Everyone who votes for Trump is bad because Orange Man Bad. Got it.

Guess you glossed over my 2016 voting record :) Cheers mate, I wish you no ill - I'm sure you have enough ill in your life thinking the way you do.

Castle2.0
09-22-2020, 01:57 PM
He's gonna punch it through.

FatherSioux
09-22-2020, 02:53 PM
Even if roe was overturned, it then would go to the states and those that wish to legally kill babies could do so with a car ride.

As it stands there is thought to be a single bite on the SCOTUS that would vote that way. Big ball Clarence Thomas. /next

BlackBellamy
09-22-2020, 02:56 PM
Hope was a mistake: Romney abdicates (https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/politics/scotus-nomination-congress-latest-mitt-romney/index.html)

Interesting choice of word. Romney had a responsibility to disenfranchise me and ignore the voters who put the Republicans in power, but he 'abdicated' that responsibility.

I had aspirations. Like for example in 2016 when I cast my vote for a Republican President, I expected that if he was elected he would appoint federal judges from Jan 20, 2017 to at least Jan 19, 2021. That was my hope and my wish as an American voter and it came true.

I understand some people want to disenfranchise me and people like me. They tell me it's 'real close' to the next election so I should forget about my desire to see conservative judges installed. Fuck me and what I want. I mean I'm backed by election results, precedent and tradition. But fuck that because we're 'real close' to an election. When we're 'real close' some things don't matter. Like what I voted for. And people like Romney have a responsibility to make sure I don't get what I want because other people want it more.

DMN
09-22-2020, 03:25 PM
This whole election year thing is just bullshit. The presidency was controlled by a dem and the senate repubs when garland was on the plate. Ther is no conflict in the current government. You might as well say presidents shouldn't pass any bills into law their last year of office.

Gwaihir
09-22-2020, 03:39 PM
Watch me whip.

Now watch me nay-nay.

Gwaihir
09-22-2020, 03:40 PM
This is just like that one time in Harry Potter book 5.......

Castle2.0
09-22-2020, 04:04 PM
It's like that time the red football team wanted to substitute a player in the 4th quarter due to an injury. The ref paused the game indefinitely until it could be decided which teams are playing next year.

Red Coach: "But ref, we earned our playoff spot and we're winning this final game. We just want to make one final substitution because of an injury..."

Ref: "Rules is rules boys - it's the 4th quarter which means next reason is REAL CLOSE *puts hands 6 inches apart* You gotta honor the rules, honor the game, honor the INSTITUTION of football by *check notes*.... making up some BS rule to favor one team over another in spite of the rules, the game, and the institution... and accuse the other team of doing exactly what you're doing..."

*Mitch lines up for the kick*

https://media0.giphy.com/media/d3FzuPqtSDSEC7HG/giphy.gif

Woke Locc
09-22-2020, 04:10 PM
This whole election year thing is just bullshit. The presidency was controlled by a dem and the senate repubs when garland was on the plate. Ther is no conflict in the current government. You might as well say presidents shouldn't pass any bills into law their last year of office.

How do you square that screed with McConnell openly stating he would block all of Hillary's noms had she won 2016?

Admit it's Calvinball and have a little fun!

DMN
09-22-2020, 04:34 PM
How do you square that screed with McConnell openly stating he would block all of Hillary's noms had she won 2016?

Where did he say that? I want direct quote or video.he was planning on keeping an 8 member SCOTUS? I find that hard to believe even for mitch.

Gwaihir
09-22-2020, 04:52 PM

Omg! This is just like that one time in Star Wars, after the invasion of Naboo, where the separatists threatened to withdrawl from the Galactic Republic if immediate action wasn't taken to restore harmony and put things right.

Unfortunately for them, theyre not aware of the democrats super secret cloning facility, where wave after wave of Hillary Clinton dopplegangers are being crafted as we speak, in the event that the McConellites don't capitulate....and quickly.

If the republicans dont move quickly, to cede the high ground and restore balance to the force, there's going to be lots of feces sliding out of the Clinton Dopplegangers pantsuit-legs because these clones dont have a very long shelf life before they malfunction curbside, in the event of a filibuster.

charmcitysking
09-22-2020, 05:08 PM

source? complete horseshit

Elrood
09-22-2020, 05:41 PM

It wasn't so much McConnell himself, but rather the same old hypocritical, undemocratic fucks (McCain included) in the GOP.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/01/republican-senators-oppose-clinton-supreme-court-nominee

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/03/500560120/senate-republicans-could-block-potential-clinton-supreme-court-nominees

This is choice: "As for Cruz, he suggested there is nothing sacrosanct about having nine justices."

Fuck the republican party to death.

Castle2.0
09-22-2020, 06:30 PM
Elrood, you sound very triggered right now - maybe we shouldn't use that word, trigger can be a triggering word. In your current state do NOT click this link https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1308489869098967040 - it may brighten your day and make you laugh like I did =)

charmcitysking
09-22-2020, 06:35 PM
Well, as your boy Barry Soetoro once said:

"Elections have consequences."

Woke Locc
09-22-2020, 07:08 PM

DMN
09-22-2020, 08:05 PM
Still haven't provided a direct quote/video. Just a bunch of leftist crybaby speculation from clowns at NPR and shitty brit rag.

Woke Locc
09-22-2020, 08:18 PM
Still haven't provided a direct quote/video. Just a bunch of leftist crybaby speculation from clowns at NPR and shitty brit rag.

https://i.imgur.com/IiOJxLK.gif

tsuchang
09-22-2020, 09:28 PM
yall ready for the greatest filibusters of our lifetimes?

Little Harry Reid got rid of the filibuster. Chickens comen home.

tsuchang
09-22-2020, 09:30 PM
I wonder if the hildabeast had won if she would have appointed a conservative in any of these 3 picks. Probably not. So The Donald gets to put who he wants.

Tethler
09-22-2020, 11:13 PM
This is choice: "As for Cruz, he suggested there is nothing sacrosanct about having nine justices."

Hopefully he'll feel the same when Biden packs the court in reprisal.

charmcitysking
09-23-2020, 04:03 AM
McConnell... Hillary's noms

still waiting

BarnabusCollins
09-23-2020, 05:33 AM
Hitlery planned to invade Russia using US/NATO troops stationed in Poland in 2015/16 in her first week as President. Sure Trump is a capitalist and grins ear-to-ear with a wide smile as he sign off on 54 billion for 3 ships, BUT, at least he's not a warmonger selling arms to both sides of wars he starts. Lesser of two evi...i mean idiots.

Woke Locc
09-23-2020, 11:07 AM
still waiting

https://i.imgur.com/W6ahxCf.gif

BlackBellamy
09-23-2020, 11:35 AM
WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT JUSTICE BREYER?!?

The dude is 82 years old!

Anything can happen! I mean one of his co-workers just passed away, imagine the shock!

I don't think we need to be talking about Ginsburg any more. What is done is done.

I think it's very important we start to talk about Breyer's rapidly failing health and decline. It's quite possible, I mean even probable.

Now that I think about it, Sotomayor is 66. For an overweight Hispanic woman, the danger signs are all there!

I think we should all be ready for the Senate to confirm three justices prior to the election.

https://imgur.com/XXRB66k.jpg

"The three Supremes on their way to the Senate hearings" - watercolor on hide, 2020

Patriam1066
09-23-2020, 04:15 PM
It wasn't so much McConnell himself, but rather the same old hypocritical, undemocratic fucks (McCain included) in the GOP.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/01/republican-senators-oppose-clinton-supreme-court-nominee

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/03/500560120/senate-republicans-could-block-potential-clinton-supreme-court-nominees

Fuck the republican party to death.

That’s why we don’t get term limits, money out of politics, or third party competition, because the “fuck the Republican Party to death” mentality. The Democrats are just as bad in the grand scheme of things, both need freer elections allowing third party competition if they’re going to be kept honest. As it stands, their duopoly isn’t effectively governing

BarnabusCollins
09-23-2020, 05:51 PM
The demon lost her own rigged election fueled by the fake (psycholoy using psychotics) press. Bloomberg may be charged with voter fraud in Florida. 4 years have passed with no new wars/invasions via USA, amazing.

BlackBellamy
09-23-2020, 06:07 PM
4 years have passed with no new wars/invasions via USA, amazing.

The Pax Americana is upon us. Obama's War, as it will always be known will be last armed conflict on planet Earth for ever. The peace will be kept by the Space Guard, who together with the Space Fleet and the Space Marines will compose the Space Force.

And if we get any not-peaceful protesters we'll ship them off to the Moon and let Kim-Jung Un's sister run the place.

Utopia.

charmcitysking
09-23-2020, 06:25 PM
4 years have passed with no new wars/invasions via USA, amazing.

Thanks DJT!

Baler
09-23-2020, 06:29 PM
And if we get any not-peaceful protesters we'll ship them off to the Moon and let Kim-Jung Un's sister run the place.

Utopia.

Okay TriHard Troll

Elrood
09-23-2020, 10:26 PM
That’s why we don’t get term limits, money out of politics, or third party competition, because the “fuck the Republican Party to death” mentality. The Democrats are just as bad in the grand scheme of things, both need freer elections allowing third party competition if they’re going to be kept honest. As it stands, their duopoly isn’t effectively governing

Please. I'm just an anonymous guy on the internet. Literally *no* Democrat in any position of any power shares that mentality. Which is why we lose.

BlackBellamy
09-24-2020, 06:53 AM
Okay TriHard Troll

Name one other person who is sexy and qualified to run a prisoner colony!

Literally just one other person who would give you a tour and you would be so excited you'd want to bang her as soon as you got back to the quarters or whatever, away from the prisoners.

Go ahead.

BlackBellamy
09-24-2020, 07:24 AM
Please. I'm just an anonymous guy on the internet. Literally *no* Democrat in any position of any power shares that mentality. Which is why we lose.

As far as I remember you guys won pretty hard in 1992 stomping all over an incumbent fresh off a war victory, and then you had the Obama guy winning every day for 8 years. Since 1980 the Republicans had total control of Congress five times and the Democrats 4 times. Also remember that prior to seizing control of Congress in 1994, the Republicans were locked out of the majority for 42 years (last having control in 1952).

So you lose, but you lose lately. Overall the record is even pretty much.

The Democrats were playing the long game with the demographics and the social programs. Get enough people indebted to you and the votes are assured. Don't worry about today, they all have 10 babies each.

The Republicans couldn't compete that way so their long game became the judiciary. You guys can have all the votes you want but if your programs and agenda is destroyed by hostile courts, where you really at?

You guys are losing because you became too arrogant about everything going your way. When Obama came in I bet you guys thought you would never have to look back. When that happens you tend to ignore any rippling current of dissatisfaction and start calling people who don't like you 'deplorable'.

And don't be so 'we don't share that mentality'. I grew up in Chicago and NY, two Democrat bastions. I had an 'in' to that world because my mom was a political reporter back when people read newspapers and I strung along. Politicians are all the same. The party affiliation is just where your money comes from and where your obeyance goes. They are all the same narcissistic manipulating liars and the level of cruelty is not determined by your badge. Of course I'm generalizing, but you're safe to just go that way and you won't get burned.

You guys will get your guy in sooner or later.

Then the country will really suffer.

;p

(advice: pick someone that produces more than 500 ng/dL testosterone. That's a solid pro-tip right there that almost assures electibility provided the mail-in ballots are forged or whatever you guys are doing with that).

(advice to self: the amount of shit I'm going to have to eat if Biden wins is incalculable. Need to call mom and tell her she was right about wanting an Asian baby. Then I would have been able to do the math).

Googi
09-24-2020, 09:14 AM
We are due for some kind of war, i feel like everything is leading up to it.

BarnabusCollins
09-24-2020, 10:15 AM
It's a dog and pony show designed to 1. incite violence all over the nation and then 2. grab guns. Trump is just as much a piece of shit as all the rest of them pretending to care about poor people. They dont.

Googi
09-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Trump is not supposed to care about poor people, he wants to fix our country so we make stuff here and stop importing, from a healthy economy opportunity comes.

No one is going to save you barnabus you need to take the initiative and save yourself by pursuing some goals, No one is going to cry your poor, boo fucking hoo id punch you in the face if i could right now.

Woke Locc
09-24-2020, 03:56 PM
The Pax Americana is upon us. Obama's War, as it will always be known will be last armed conflict on planet Earth for ever. The peace will be kept by the Space Guard, who together with the Space Fleet and the Space Marines will compose the Space Force.

Utopia.

the content u crave (https://www.reddit.com/r/TNOmod/comments/iwjj9u/end_of_history_americanofn_victory_ending/)

Kerwin 5.0
09-24-2020, 07:41 PM
What is this BS "balance" concept you speak of? The courts are about JUSTICE.

The Supreme Court's job is to properly interpret and uphold the Constitution.

When the court makes a decision it isn't about balancing political interests. You have 9 justices it's intended to NOT be balanced so they can make the RIGHT decision on cases. Not some political compromise based on the the culture's current zeitgeist.

Worth a read: https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/constitutional.aspx

I dont read bluebie threads or these forums much but jesus that signature, seek help asap

BlackBellamy
09-24-2020, 08:05 PM
the content u crave (https://www.reddit.com/r/TNOmod/comments/iwjj9u/end_of_history_americanofn_victory_ending/)

I like the soundtrack from a British band while the two towers keep towering on.

Right at that time I was enjoying The Warlord (https://www.amazon.com/Warlord-J-Frost/dp/082171189X#customerReviews) by J. Frost.

I would go on but

ELISA H. gave it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars

and said

Husband loved it

I always liked the apocalyptic fiction stuff. I guess living on a nuclear target kinda put me in the mood.

Castle2.0
09-24-2020, 08:24 PM
I dont read bluebie threads or these forums much but jesus that signature, seek help asap Don't be mad my elf resume is bigger than your elf resume.

Patriam1066
09-24-2020, 08:44 PM

People lack perspective and also feel entitled to a “good life,” which they are unwilling to work for and also is most likely a manicured image of what they think a life should be based upon social media.

I agree though, a lot of people who seem like they’d resort to violence in the streets...

Googi
09-24-2020, 09:13 PM
You can only achieve a good life after spending most of yours working to earn what you want, otherwise nothing will give you that feeling you seek

douglas1999
09-24-2020, 09:14 PM
In a free country, a good life is anything you want it to be provided you do not infringe upon other people's good lives using violence or calls to, and\or threats of, violence. Once you engage in violent ragequitting, you have exposed yourself as a gigantic retard. "Nay, I shall not be bothered to think; I will simply throw a brick"

Patriam1066
09-24-2020, 10:32 PM
Oversimplification I think, but the conquering of adversity one faces actually gives that person the tools to find the things within themselves that fosters contentment and satisfaction

For instance, I read tons of nonfiction history and I paint. I also do jiujitsu. I’m decently wealthy, I have a ranch, a vacation home near Zion national park in Utah, and a house in Houston. Took a lot of work, but being an immigrant, watching Iran get literally destroyed by revolution, seeing my uncle buried, living in a refugee camp in Pakistan, getting to Texas and not knowing English

A lot of bad shit that helped me ultimately, I think. I doubt many of the people at each other’s throats have faced that kind of hardship; and I think it made them weaker and more entitled. As for nonfiction history, I’m genuinely fascinated by the people and trends who changed events. I also wonder, despite Iran being fucked in quick succession by two global empires, what could’ve been done different and what guarantees the wrong course. I think it was the parliament bombing by the MEK. Those terrorist pieces of dog shit blew up every iranian moderate who might’ve steered the country towards something better during and after Khomeini’s rise

It’s troubling to see police officers shot in the streets. Guys, even if you don’t get your way, you have absolutely no objective information to unequivocally know that “your way” is the correct path. The hallmarks of democracy are pragmatism and accepting compromise. Do what you can for yourself and others, this shit could get a whole lot worse if you choose to throw away our form of government because “fuck the libs” or whatever else, trust me. My father was born in a democratic Iran as a devout Muslim, he left with his kids because he thought the Muslim dictatorship was too fucked up, even for him (he joined the iranian Shiite militias with my uncle when Iraq invaded, my family was conservative Islamic). It would be a shame for the american dream to die due to similarly misguided fanaticism

Castle2.0
09-25-2020, 01:26 AM
Patriam1066, I think we could be friends. If you like Texas and Iran, follow Patrick-bet David on YT. Been following that dude since 25k subs. Good content for entrepreneurs.

zodium
09-25-2020, 03:12 AM
Oversimplification I think, but the conquering of adversity one faces actually gives that person the tools to find the things within themselves that fosters contentment and satisfaction

For instance, I read tons of nonfiction history and I paint. I also do jiujitsu. I’m decently wealthy, I have a ranch, a vacation home near Zion national park in Utah, and a house in Houston. Took a lot of work, but being an immigrant, watching Iran get literally destroyed by revolution, seeing my uncle buried, living in a refugee camp in Pakistan, getting to Texas and not knowing English

A lot of bad shit that helped me ultimately, I think. I doubt many of the people at each other’s throats have faced that kind of hardship; and I think it made them weaker and more entitled. As for nonfiction history, I’m genuinely fascinated by the people and trends who changed events. I also wonder, despite Iran being fucked in quick succession by two global empires, what could’ve been done different and what guarantees the wrong course. I think it was the parliament bombing by the MEK. Those terrorist pieces of dog shit blew up every iranian moderate who might’ve steered the country towards something better during and after Khomeini’s rise

It’s troubling to see police officers shot in the streets. Guys, even if you don’t get your way, you have absolutely no objective information to unequivocally know that “your way” is the correct path. The hallmarks of democracy are pragmatism and accepting compromise. Do what you can for yourself and others, this shit could get a whole lot worse if you choose to throw away our form of government because “fuck the libs” or whatever else, trust me. My father was born in a democratic Iran as a devout Muslim, he left with his kids because he thought the Muslim dictatorship was too fucked up, even for him (he joined the iranian Shiite militias with my uncle when Iraq invaded, my family was conservative Islamic). It would be a shame for the american dream to die due to similarly misguided fanaticism

when you understand that rule by people (namely the bourgeoisie and petit-bourgeoisie) who grow up without having to face hardship or do work is not a viable model for civilization, but still struggle with the concept that the capitalist structure of our civilization is what created and what maintains the non-productive classes to begin with, and still have a long way to go before realizing that these classes will fight any attempt to make them work or face hardship, with everything they have, and cannot be reasoned with.

https://i.imgur.com/UQBxt2v.jpg

BarnabusCollins
09-25-2020, 07:45 AM
Taxation is a ponzi scheme (and unconstitutional). They use the tax money to buy more stock in the corporations until they attain 51% control. What we can expect soon is a new war in the middle east, likely Iran. It will be pushed under the either andministration that wins in November. The divide and conquer show doesn't work when the Almighty tells you the truth. Illuminated for real. The light of the world (not just the sun, but that too).
Fox 'White supremacists' news will support the new illegal invasion as well as their pals MSNBC, CNN, and Yahoo ('left wing snowflakes') and the general public will fall for it as usual.

PieOats
09-25-2020, 08:45 AM
when you understand that rule by people (namely the bourgeoisie and petit-bourgeoisie) who grow up without having to face hardship or do work is not a viable model for civilization, but still struggle with the concept that the capitalist structure of our civilization is what created and what maintains the non-productive classes to begin with, and still have a long way to go before realizing that these classes will fight any attempt to make them work or face hardship, with everything they have, and cannot be reasoned with.

https://i.imgur.com/UQBxt2v.jpg

I am genuinely curious why you prescribe a failed social and economic model for this particular symptom of civilization. Whether it is role play, trolling or some other form of creative expression, the theme is consistent. Pray tell what motivates you?

BlackBellamy
09-25-2020, 09:17 AM
Same reason people claim to be Cleveland Browns fans.

The Communist Pyramid Layer Cake is much simpler.

WE RULE YOU
WE SHOOT YOU
WE WORK FOR ALL

Just those three.

(The top layer fools and eats, it's much more efficient)

Patriam1066
09-25-2020, 10:49 AM
I am genuinely curious why you prescribe a failed social and economic model for this particular symptom of civilization. Whether it is role play, trolling or some other form of creative expression, the theme is consistent. Pray tell what motivates you?

He desires violence to be done against those he considers to be his betters

zodium
09-25-2020, 02:37 PM

castles, gardens, gold, and jewels contentment signify, for fools; but those who cultivate their wit, compile their power bit by bit, and hide it places no one knows.

Tethler
09-26-2020, 01:54 AM

Probably a war of the civil variety, unless someone in govt can unify the gullible against a common external threat (China).

BlackBellamy
09-26-2020, 12:01 PM
Probably a war of the civil variety, unless someone in govt can unify the gullible against a common external threat (China).

Ok, let's game it out. In order to have a civil war you need a rebel government.

So Trump wins and Pelosi declares it void and her and Biden and Shiff and all the rest of the Democrats flee to California and threaten to secede and throw the country into chaos unless a sufficient number of states change their electors to back Biden. Cuomo and other governors throw their support behind Pelosi and now you have a red patriot middle sandwiched in by blue rebel states on both coasts, with Wash DC a lone Trumpian fortress among the blue swamps.

Most large cities with Democrat mayors pledge fealty to the new Coastal Elite. Atlanta becomes the New Jerusalem.

The crowds run into the streets. In the cities, the people riot, burning down their own provisioning and logistics facilities. Outside the cities, the people hoard and gather and wait for the hungry horde from the cities to inevitably come pouring out, having eaten their way through the last Costco cracker pallet.

The armed forces are useless. The men and women have loyalties to their families first, and many head back to their homes, taking their AH-64E's and whatever with them. The white guys head back to Kentucky, and the black guys head back to Kentucky too, because they're not stupid enough to go back to the burning ghetto so they'll wait it out with their white friends.

No one knows what's going on because the internet is down. Trump has sent emergency shutdown codes to all the rebel states and it's very dark in California and New York for some reason.

All transportation stops. No one is stupid enough to drive their truck on the highway so they can be shot and jacked by defunded police.

Attorney General Barr arrives in Wash DC at the head of a relief column. Seeing the White House besieged, he builds a circumvallation and traps the besiegers and a modern day Alesia begins.

The hungry desperate hordes pour out of the cities.

No longer looking to burn and loot, they are just looking for some food.

The suburbanites are ready to take them in, but when the rurals arrive the sentiment changes and the city-dwellers are met with a solid hail of gunfire. The CNN reporters are the first to fall.

Barr finally uses his crack federal prison troops and breaks through the siege lines and liberates the White House. This victory lifts morale and volunteers pour in. Soon the New Potomac Army is marching south on a direct line to Atlanta where after a three month siege The Temple will be put to the torch and the city will be razed.

Oh man I am so hard right now.

BarnabusCollins
09-26-2020, 12:05 PM
Everyone on the list is so old in 10 years it wont matter.

Patriam1066
09-26-2020, 12:08 PM
More likely Biden wins and the red necks don’t accept Jupiter Capitolinus (divinely) sanctioned elections. Their sin leads to punishment by the Mormons, who easily crush all resistance to the United States in the streets. A new era of peace ensues, as neither redneck nor black is allowed to sin any longer. Jon Huntsman is declared first citizen, and Abby Huntsman, who I might add is fine as hell, becomes the heir

BlackBellamy
09-26-2020, 12:19 PM
https://imgur.com/c9hiJMf.jpg

The XII Legion "Patriae" during the final assault on the Temple.

Spergand
09-26-2020, 01:00 PM
Muh candles

Patriam1066
09-26-2020, 01:03 PM
I thought XII was fulminata

BlackBellamy
09-26-2020, 05:06 PM
Sure. I couldn't find a good Latin translation for Trump's Cock so I went with something else.

BlackBellamy
09-26-2020, 05:07 PM
Oh this thread can be closed RBG was just officially replaced 45 seconds ago.

Googi
09-26-2020, 05:43 PM
there are definitley enough people registering to vote to elect biden , they will pay the price if he wins and they will regret their vote.

douglas1999
09-26-2020, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEOlK4y8AUo

Masterstroke (actually multiple) by sowell as always

Googi
09-26-2020, 06:51 PM
hurry up and get a cute avatar douglas you have only been registered for 11 years

douglas1999
09-26-2020, 07:01 PM
I know :(

douglas was the name of my pet rabbit tbh. he's dead now which sucks.

Woke Locc
09-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Oh this thread can be closed RBG was just officially replaced 45 seconds ago.

https://i.imgur.com/QAOr6Ll.jpg

hobart
09-26-2020, 07:23 PM
Amy Coney Barret is perfectly qualified. Hopefully she doesn't embarrass herself by crying during her job interview like that pussy alcoholic Kavanaugh did.

Shourty
09-26-2020, 08:52 PM
there are definitley enough people registering to vote to elect biden , they will pay the price if he wins and they will regret their vote.

No they won't. Many voters from all parties and independents are in the below average group, like me, and will say things like, "It doesn't matter, they are all the same".
I won't say that tho. As I said, many will, not all.
Go The Donald!

BlackBellamy
09-27-2020, 10:03 AM
No matter what happens in November I think we can all agree that we're not really interested in professional sports any more.

hobart
09-27-2020, 03:03 PM
No matter what happens in November I think we can all agree that we're not really interested in professional sports any more.

College either for me. I went long enough to just get over it.

I may change my tune when it gets colder, but right now I'd much rather do something outside.

Baler
09-27-2020, 03:27 PM
Democrat politicians frothing at the mouth over Amy Barret.

Woke Locc
09-27-2020, 05:51 PM

The greatest living coaches are all Slavs. Enjoy it, dingus.

hobart
09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
Democrat politicians frothing at the mouth over Amy Barret.

And by frothing at the mouth, you mean pointing out things about her that they don't like her? Were the Republican politicians "frothing at the mouth" over Sotomayor or Kagan?

I've not heard any vitriol over her. I have heard people express concern over her religious and political views which is partially fair and partially not, but par for the course on every nominee. She's presumably going to be interviewing for one of the most important jobs in the world. It should not be easy.

Baler
09-27-2020, 06:08 PM
And by frothing at the mouth, you mean pointing out things about her that they don't like her? Were the Republican politicians "frothing at the mouth" over Sotomayor or Kagan?

really i'm not sure without sourcing material and I was just being sensational.
Chuck Schumer said RGB was rolling over in her grave for two reasons Amy Barret and the nomination happening so close to a presidential election. He kept foaming at the mouth saying the "NEXT" president should get to pick.
:rolleyes:

Googi
09-27-2020, 06:14 PM
im not into sports but alot of people do like them, everyone is entitled to what they enjoy

im watching american barbecue competition on netflix whos watching?

They got little mops for BBQ Sauce shits pure gold

Frieza_Prexus
09-28-2020, 01:07 PM
Called it 2 years ago. I demand to be given a cushy anchor job on a cable TV.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2804692&postcount=26

Calling it now, Amy Coney Barrett WILL take RBG's spot if she dies. Raymond Kethledge is a more qualified jurist by a reasonable margin, but Barrett is a "suck my dick" pick at the left which will be done now that they fought Kavanaugh so hard. If they somehow get yet another pick after that, I could see Garland being supported by vocal minority of republicans as he's actually a great judge and his views on Roe will be immaterial at that point.

Gwaihir
09-28-2020, 01:28 PM

I was reading an article the other day about how sociologists suspect the decline in interest in NBA viewership is due to racism.

Like....consume this programming and continue practicing idolatry of your assigned "sports heroes" or you're racist.

The cope.

charmcitysking
09-28-2020, 02:13 PM
Consider golf.

Evia
09-28-2020, 02:18 PM
I was reading an article the other day about how sociologists suspect the decline in interest in NBA viewership is due to racism.

Like....consume this programming and continue practicing idolatry of your assigned "sports heroes" or you're racist.

The cope.

You kidding me? Nobody watches NBA anymore because it’s trash. What a reach to say racism lol! Baseball is headed that way with all of these bullshit rule changes they’re trying to make that change a game that’s been played the same way for over a hundred years. I wonder what bullshit reason they’ll come up with for that sharp decline.

Googi
09-28-2020, 02:35 PM
Consider golf.

They say golf is one of the most relaxing things you can watch

Googi
09-28-2020, 02:36 PM
Called it 2 years ago. I demand to be given a cushy anchor job on a cable TV.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2804692&postcount=26

Didnt click, good avatar tho

Shourty
09-29-2020, 01:15 AM
They say golf is one of the most relaxing things you can watch

Howabout bowling or knitting?

charmcitysking
09-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Howabout bowling or knitting?

Nothing relaxing about watching PDW roll a 300. Shit's like watching fireworks on the Fourth of July!

BlackBellamy
09-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Consider golf.

Not sure if there a more racist sport than golf.

https://imgur.com/dkQARLO.jpg

I mean yeah there are some activities like yachting and cross-country skiing and hockey. None of those are sports. Those are just things white people do.

hobart
09-29-2020, 10:43 AM
I mean yeah there are some activities like yachting and cross-country skiing and hockey. None of those are sports. Those are just things white people do.

I'm not a huge fan of hockey, but it's definitely a sport. It meets the three main criteria:

1. An objective contest with rules and a clear winner. Swimming is a sport, diving is not.
2. The athlete plays a bigger part than the equipment in deciding the outcome of the contest. Auto racing is not a sport. Horse racing is only a sport if you're talking about the horse.
3. Performed by an athlete. NFL is a sport. ESports (I cringe even using that term) is not.

I'll give some latitude here for a specialized athlete, but the general criteria here is can you take the athlete to another sport and expect they'd perform well at an intramural type level. I'd take Lebron James for my softball team over, say, Faker.

Based on this you think about Tiger Woods and think golf might be a sport. Then you look at John Daley and think, nah...

Patriam1066
09-29-2020, 10:58 AM
The greatest living coaches are all Slavs. Enjoy it, dingus.

Saban, belichick, popovich? Who am I missing

charmcitysking
09-29-2020, 10:59 AM
Then you look at John Daley and think, nah

Confirmed you've never swung a golf club

Woke Locc
09-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Saban, belichick, popovich? Who am I missing

Pete Carroll is Croatian

kjs86z
09-29-2020, 12:31 PM
I'm not a huge fan of hockey, but it's definitely a sport. It meets the three main criteria:

1. An objective contest with rules and a clear winner. Swimming is a sport, diving is not.
2. The athlete plays a bigger part than the equipment in deciding the outcome of the contest. Auto racing is not a sport. Horse racing is only a sport if you're talking about the horse.
3. Performed by an athlete. NFL is a sport. ESports (I cringe even using that term) is not.

I'll give some latitude here for a specialized athlete, but the general criteria here is can you take the athlete to another sport and expect they'd perform well at an intramural type level. I'd take Lebron James for my softball team over, say, Faker.

Based on this you think about Tiger Woods and think golf might be a sport. Then you look at John Daley and think, nah...

Step into a F1 car and tell me those guys aren't athletes and it isn't a sport.

Gwaihir
09-29-2020, 01:43 PM
Anyhow, to get back on off-topic, i belive the proper response to RBG dying is:

"My condolences go out to her family in this time of loss."

And thats it.

Blingy
09-29-2020, 03:34 PM
Step into a F1 car and tell me those guys aren't athletes and it isn't a sport.

Exactly this. Even driving a high end sports car for a couple hours will wear on anybody. A F1 or NASCAR driver feels the impact of high G acceleration and deceleration far more than most people realize.

Googi
09-29-2020, 04:49 PM
i love fat unhealthy idiots who refer to racing as a sport

its not a sport, everyone who watches it is garbage at life and fat

you are sitting down

i dont care about how hard it is on your neck , you arent using your body at all

there is a reason nascar is dying, its stupid