PDA

View Full Version : Solo Warrior Twink

fizbang12405
09-17-2020, 03:30 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking for some suggestions for some Warrior twink weapons. I am planning on mostly going solo (just for fun) and I am curious as to what weapons I should be sporting. I was thinking of Swiftblade of Zek and Blade of Carnage. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

kaizersoze
09-17-2020, 03:34 PM
depending how twinked you can get, how much dkp you have etc. Scimitar of lifestealing would be a good buy for soloing. Otherwise 2x bloodpoints would be good for sustain later on.

Baler
09-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Dual Wielding Blood Point (https://wiki.project1999.com/Blood_Point)s is a lot of fun solo, 50+. Get some +Dex for em.

strongNpretty
09-17-2020, 03:41 PM
You talkin about gearing a warrior form Level 1? At 50 you gotta make sure you get one of them Truncheons!
https://wiki.project1999.com/Truncheon_of_Doom

Baler
09-17-2020, 03:42 PM
Champion's Breastplate (https://wiki.project1999.com/Champion%27s_Breastplate) ;)
aka Thurg Warrior BP

56 hp clickie heal at lvl 1, ~15s cast time
(71*0.8=56 for non cleric)

fizbang12405
09-17-2020, 04:00 PM
Yeah I am going to be starting from level 1. These are great suggestions guys! Keep 'em comin'!

Crede
09-17-2020, 04:35 PM
I’d just get a reaver, that weapon will shred everything especially if you go gnome for 40% Clicky haste. Works in most zones you’d prob solo in as a warrior. Spend the rest on armor imo and Save the money to buy LR stuff 50+

Damarous
09-17-2020, 04:44 PM
Play a gnome. Get clockwork watchman armor at level 20, enjoy self cast celerity and 30 dex and 30 str self buffs that stack with almost all buff lines.

Then be OP

Ripqozko
09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Vp key your lvl 1 and pick up rot weapons, some of which are good threat. Get PD robe. Get lvl 5 get full SS, ring 9/10, get str of elements, get 6 neck, get 2 bob and piss off everyone. Get crown of rile or KT helm. ST key your lvl 5 and pick up a rotting primal lance , farm bow from library. Get Peggy/jboots. Should be good then.

Edit for haste get yeli gloves/neck or grey suede shoes, only lvl 5 41%

Twochain
09-17-2020, 07:03 PM
Vp key your lvl 1 and pick up rot weapons, some of which are good threat. Get PD robe. Get lvl 5 get full SS, ring 9/10, get str of elements, get 6 neck, get 2 bob and piss off everyone. Get crown of rile or KT helm. ST key your lvl 5 and pick up a rotting primal lance , farm bow from library. Get Peggy/jboots. Should be good then.

Edit for haste get yeli gloves/neck or grey suede shoes, only lvl 5 41%

Go big or go home is what I say. My level 5 druid had full SS all clickable.

But my man ramen really did mess around and put a pd robe on a level 1 pally.

But, yes. I would say for soloing, swiftblade of zek + boc is the best combo you can get until around 50ish when soloing starts to really suck. Then you need agro weapons.

Also, don't underestimate the power of a sick 2hander. My baby warrior had a KT axe at like level 5 http://wiki.project1999.com/Axe_of_the_Kromzek_Kings

Ripqozko
09-17-2020, 07:18 PM
Yea most of what I said I put on my pally, thanks AG for the 15k rotting primal lance . Pally have it bit easier cause knight sword from ST 20/20 and great for long time. If you decide to go for yeli gloves you can turn in heads kos in Kael by snaring capt at 90 degree wall at EW zl, when ya zone he will stay , turn in 4 heads from around the corner, get invis and accept after about 30 you won’t be kos.

aaezil
09-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Fungi tunic, some ok to good weps and literally anything else

Keebz
09-17-2020, 07:56 PM
So the level damage caps are gonna ruin a lot of the spicer 2h weapons until you out level them. 1-9 weapons cap at 10 (max hit 20), 10-19 they cap at 14 (max hit 28), 20-29 cap is 25 (max hit 50). So, my advice is 1-29 go with the dual wield combo suggested above, then switch to a beefy 2h like Reaver or ToV rot.

Pint
09-17-2020, 08:27 PM
I did veldrak and veredix sp, they start proccing at 40 and are really strong into the low 50s, low to mid 40s was really nasty.

Ripqozko
09-17-2020, 09:02 PM
I did veldrak and veredix sp, they start proccing at 40 and are really strong into the low 50s, low to mid 40s was really nasty.

yea and they rot usually, underrated weapons

fizbang12405
09-17-2020, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys! These are really great suggestions. You have given me a lot to think about.

Psyborg
09-18-2020, 02:30 AM
1-50 was a breeze with BoC+SBoZ. Get 36%+ haste, fungi for afk heals and early levels, velious invigorate bp is great for active healing, swing for Zek helm if money is no object, maximize that HP and AC.

The great thing is that once you're done with your warrior, you can transfer all that gear over to a bard and melee your way to 50 even more quickly than the warrior did if you don't want to swarm kite. Bard haste + bard slow + every other tool imaginable is just so OP.

fizbang12405
09-20-2020, 02:06 PM
Do you guys know if you have to be lvl 55 to do the Eyepatch of Plunder quest? Or do you just need the turn in items?

Psyborg
09-20-2020, 07:48 PM
Do you guys know if you have to be lvl 55 to do the Eyepatch of Plunder quest? Or do you just need the turn in items?

It can be done at level 1.

Dogma
09-20-2020, 08:44 PM
Eyepatch of Plunder doesn't last very long at super low levels. Lvl 30 or 40 it's more worthwhile. Don't break yourself trying to get it at lvl 1 cuz you'll be disappointed.

Wurmslayer and Frostbringer were my choppers of choice when I originally levelled up my char. 50+ bloodpoints and truncheon. A good 2hander is nice too. Reaver is relatively cheap but can't damage targets that require Magic property. Carved Dragonbone Spear is a decent Magic property alternative that's still pretty cheap.

Fungi will always be a better option than one of the clicky-heal BPs too imo.

jolanar
09-22-2020, 09:23 AM
Fungi tunic, some ok to good weps and literally anything else

This. Fungi, 36% haste and weapons that are atleast 1/2 ratio and you will fly to 50 faster than it would take to even start trying to acquire other gear listed in this thread.

aaezil
09-22-2020, 02:41 PM
This. Fungi, 36% haste and weapons that are atleast 1/2 ratio and you will fly to 50 faster than it would take to even start trying to acquire other gear listed in this thread.

Yeah i wonder if any of the people who posted suggestions in here have ever played p99 past lvl 40

Ripqozko
09-22-2020, 02:42 PM
Yeah i wonder if any of the people who posted suggestions in here have ever played p99 past lvl 40

i did basically what i suggested on my pally alt.

Kerwin 5.0
09-23-2020, 04:20 PM
have fun till 30ish then it falls off young warrior u will learn these things

Nagoya
09-23-2020, 11:15 PM
i did the warrior solo twink on almost every race possible because i'm a dumb addict and i love the warrior. here are a few suggestions:

RACE without slam it's gonna suck. you really want the interrupts vs the casters, and you really want that tiny momentum when mobs start fleeing before they aggro all of their friends. you have no CC. you're a dumb warrior. you don't want to start playing with 500 root nets. you just want to auto-attack and smoke weed. also, level 20+ you will be using 2HX so shield-switching to bash is also problematic. all in all even if my Dark Elf and Gnome were the sexiest warrior twinks and most cool to play, even if I liked the Forage on my Wood Elf cause I'm dumb, and even if doing Barrel Rolls on my Dwarf finally made Endurance relevent and my peepee hard... I had much much more fun on my Barb and my Troll. Because it just works. So this is my first advice ~

STARTING STAT my suggestion is 75 AGI if necessary and then everything else in DEX. because you're a filthy twink you'll have enough STR to carry everything and do decent DPS. from there I think the only relevent thing for the solo warrior twink are procs from the weapons, so DEX it is. Also pick a religion. Come on. Don't be that stupid agnostic guy.

STARTING GEAR you need the Fungi Tunic, the highest haste you can buy (I'm at 34% with the SSHB, but do 36-41% if you can obviously), and for every other slot i aim for the highest AC possible. AC is crazy good for the early level and this is what will fit the best with the fungi. of course try to get some brute HP and STR and DEX and SVM and whatnot in there, but you'll get some if you want or not, so I wouldn't aim for them. example Targishin's Bone Mask? Cold Steel Greaves? Circlet of Valon? super kosher, no problem. Also you're a brilliant man and you don't forget the last item slot: food. get yourself 2 stacks of whatever that gives +4STR or some shit. i mean why not? it's free real estate. and get yourself SoW pots as well. something like 3 potions of 10 charges should be good. don't MQ the Jboots. this is just a filthy twink and you probably gave it a dumb name, come on, whatever. plus the Jboots are slower than SoW. just SoW yourself up. whenever possible, beg for a SoW like a man to save on pots.

WEAPONS level 1-12 you want something like a Sebilite Croaking Dirk and a dumb shield like Clay Guardian Shield (you'll dump it soon so don't buy something fancier). remember there is a damage cap at early levels this is why i recommend the SCD, higher dmg will be wasted. level 13-19 you want something like Winters Fury on main hand and you can continue using the SCD offhand for now. level 20+ just keep the lightest weight weapon you can for 1HS, 1HB and Piercing to keep the weapon skills amd dual wield maxxed but you will not ever use DW until level 50. you will want the best 2HX you can buy with your budget. Staff of Battle is the best quality/price you can find, but of course Reaver is great to have, and anything above if you can. 20-29 you will actually still have a dmg cap, but whatever no need to get a weapon specifically for this era. with the Fungi capping at level 20, and with the dmg cap at 60, this is actually the fastest, easiest and most fun part of the solo twink warrior IMO.

SKILLS use Archery to pull, fast switch with your Idol of the Thorned or wathever. this will speed up so much the whole process, please do not not carry a bow this is dumb. try ot max out your bind wound as much as possible, even if you have a fungi. it will be super usefull at level 30+. obviously Dodge (6), Parry (10), DW (13), Dbl Atk (15), Riposte (25) should be trained right away. Disarm is pretty useless but smash that button anyway. you're a solo warrior lol, what else do you have to do. same for Taunt and Kick, obviously. With all the extra useless skillpoints you'll have i suggest dumping some points in Swimming & Bind Wound when you can. they are long to cap, and you're here to smash frogs and speedrun EQ, not to cap fucking swimming. this is not your serious character. very serious EQ character is somewhere else.

ZONES you'll need to stay near-ish a friendly trainer for your super fast first 15 levels so that will probably dictate what you do for the first 15 levels. anyway they will go super fast whatever you do, and they will be super fun. at level 15+ i have tried so many zones... so many. and the easiest one to just chill and stay forever is Guk. upper guk is a magnificient bastard from 15 to 35, and lower guk same for 35 to 50. you will know the zone like your backyard, you will have all the frogs for yourself. the ZEM is crazy. and you can focus on your real mission, smoke weed and escape real life. no need to move and find the new best spot. no need to talk to stupid druids for teleports. you can be a big race and everything is big race friendly. guk is the real shit.

STRATEGY i think combat bind wound doesn't work anymore. it's a shame. but try anyway. maybe it will come back idk. please beg for buffs. i know i said no talkie with dumb droods, but yeah, if you cry hard enough they can definitely make your next 30 mins much easier. that little Skin Like Nature, STR, Chloro and DS will help for a while. suck it up, you have no pride. it's just a stupid solo twink warrior. you have no reputation to defend. just cry like a little bitch around the Sro druid rings and beg for buffs. it's okay. nobody will judge you. you can even make your name hard to remember or something. also you don't have CC, but you have crazy DPS and you fight near zone lines, so sometimes overpull it's OK. maybe you pull a group of 3 frogs, kill one, then you have to zone the two remaining (call your trains. there are other no-lifers in the zone. you don't have a reputation to protect but remember they are as stoned as you, please be kind to them), let the Fungi magic do its job and come back, TADA now it's a group of two, rinse and repeat. learn the spawns, learn the zone, learn the patrols, print the map like it's 99. you are a warrior, you have no magic, no tricks, no gate, your only edge is your knowledge of the environment, your positioning, and knowing your own limit and when to run away (PS don't get fancy with Berzerk, no need). finally, i know you're a stupid solo warrior, but don't hesitate to duo or trio sometimes. it'll make you set up that INC hotkey and all the shit, doing the "Assist me on %T" and all the fancy stuff. people will say Woah dude your stock is so great! and Woah man you're pulling like crazy you know the zone so well! and you'll feel good about it. also finally someone will say grats on your Ding 27 or some shit and why not u'know, it's part of the game. it'll make for a nice change once in a while.

LEVEL 50 oh, all that DEX? yes, now is the time. Truncheon of Doom, Blood Fire, Blood Point, Silken Whip of Ensnaring, name it. these bad boys proc late, and now the real game starts. honestly this is usually where i recycle the whole stuff because you're not really a twink anymore and it feels like you're playing the game fair again. but that i'll let you decide, it's still fun /o/

ok have fun soldier. this is all from me today.
please don't steal my frogs i'm still on every now and then cause for now i've kept that side of me a secret to my psychologist.

cheers

Naethyn
09-23-2020, 11:42 PM
Fletch your own arrows.
Shoot an arrow at every mob.
Drink 5 brandies before every engage.
Kick.

fizbang12405
09-23-2020, 11:49 PM
This may be the best thing I have ever read....thank you.

Nagoya
09-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Always glad to help.

Zipity
09-24-2020, 11:01 AM
At 46 - pick up a herbalist spade, this item is soooo clutch for breaking spawns solo and paired with a fungi you can root and sit back and plunk arrows(bow of huntsman from Gleed is best budget bow ) while you regen 450hp if max duration root lands. Doesn’t hurt that you won’t lose a terrible amount of DPS.

Krinkill
09-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Bow of the Huntsman procs a DD that breaks roots pretty well, but other than that its an easy to get often over looked bow. Can even sneak turn in the item you get from Vluudeen in GD if your the right race

Philistine
09-24-2020, 08:05 PM
i did the warrior solo twink on almost every race possible because i'm a dumb addict and i love the warrior. here are a few suggestions:

RACE without slam it's gonna suck. you really want the interrupts vs the casters, and you really want that tiny momentum when mobs start fleeing before they aggro all of their friends. you have no CC. you're a dumb warrior. you don't want to start playing with 500 root nets. you just want to auto-attack and smoke weed. also, level 20+ you will be using 2HX so shield-switching to bash is also problematic. all in all even if my Dark Elf and Gnome were the sexiest warrior twinks and most cool to play, even if I liked the Forage on my Wood Elf cause I'm dumb, and even if doing Barrel Rolls on my Dwarf finally made Endurance relevent and my peepee hard... I had much much more fun on my Barb and my Troll. Because it just works. So this is my first advice

I. Love. This. Entire. Post.

Mayhem2
09-24-2020, 11:44 PM
As far as purchasable equipment goes, these will probably be the most valuable for soloing a Warrior:

Armor:
Fungi for in combat regen.
34-36% Haste Item (Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt or Cloak of Flames)
Gnome for pretty much unlimited 40% clicky haste plus other stat buffs. (Clockwork Watchman Vambraces plus other pieces)
Lvl45+ Clicky Heal BP for out of combat regen.

Weapons
Level 1-20 - Some good ratio fast 1 handers for those earlier damage capped levels.
Level 20-29 - Exquisite Velium 2 hander (32/36), or Granite Face Grinder (29/36)
Level 30-60 - Reaver (2HS)
Level 49-60 - Herbalist's Spade (2HB) for breaking camps, stopping runners, and hitting mobs the Reaver can't hit
Decent Bow

Post 49 Misc Goodies:
Truncheon of Doom for slows.
Blood Point - Not sure if these are even worth it without 255 dex. (May just be better off killing faster with a really good 2 hander?)
Clicky Invis BP (Incarnadine Breastplate)

Naethyn
09-25-2020, 12:05 AM
As far as purchasable equipment goes, these will probably be the most valuable for soloing a Warrior:

Armor:
Fungi for in combat regen.
34-36% Haste Item (Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt or Cloak of Flames)
Gnome for pretty much unlimited 40% clicky haste plus other stat buffs. (Clockwork Watchman Vambraces plus other pieces)
Lvl45+ Clicky Heal BP for out of combat regen.

Weapons
Level 1-20 - Some good ratio fast 1 handers for those earlier damage capped levels.
Level 20-29 - Exquisite Velium 2 hander (32/36), or Granite Face Grinder (29/36)
Level 30-60 - Reaver (2HS)
Level 49-60 - Herbalist's Spade (2HB) for breaking camps, stopping runners, and hitting mobs the Reaver can't hit
Decent Bow

Post 49 Misc Goodies:
Truncheon of Doom for slows.
Blood Point - Not sure if these are even worth it without 255 dex. (May just be better off killing faster with a really good 2 hander?)
Clicky Invis BP (Incarnadine Breastplate)

Solid list. I'd add https://wiki.project1999.com/Silken_Whip_of_Ensnaring to the 50+ along with a decent bow. Much of my solo strategy 50-60 involved procing a snare, jousting with truncheon until slow landed while shooting arrows, then bloodpoints to finish. Also, use evasive every time it is up while taking damage. Don't save your discs.

KentalCowtipper
10-22-2020, 06:19 PM
I've solo'd several melee to 60; mostly solo'd a warrior.
The key to solo melee is three things - Regen, AC, and Strength - in that order.

AC - Mitigates more damage; goes on a sliding scale with regen to determine what you can and can't solo.
Strength - The more strength raises the amount of damage you do; it also raises your attack rating which means more hits on mobs and an easier time landing hits on higher level mobs.
Regen - The absolute key to soloing as any melee.

This is why I suggest rolling an Iksar. Slap a fungi tunic on him and get some Kiva's pots for post lvl 20 - the 11 dmg shield at 20 starts to pay dividends for the 6 min / 40 plat a charge usage. Especially when you go for an AC build and are getting hit for low amounts of damage. An extremely high AC build with good regen will allow you solo 3-4 mobs at once at lvl 30, in say Mistmoore, greatly speeding up your leveling rate.

Key droppable items for an AC/Regen build solo warrior -

-Fungi
-Gem Encrusted Ring - 10 ac, 7 str - far far superior to a 6/65hp ring as a solo war
-Horn of Hsagra - Shoot for a Swiftblade of Zek MH and a a horn offhand. 35 ac is superior to the 15 str, 25 hp you loose off a BoC offhand
- Lodizal Belt - to go with a CoF. The 2 regen and attack beat the 9ac/5str you'd loose from a blood runed girdle. Regen is the only thing that beats AC in this build.

No Drop items (if you have access and DKP/plat to spend):

- Orb of the deep sea - 45 ac. Enough said
- Rocksmasher - 47 dmg 41 dly. 35 ac. 41% haste. If you're going to use a 2 handed weapon, this is pretty much the only one I'd use in this solo build. You're loosing 10 ac to a swiftblade/horn of hsagra but gaining 5% haste. From level 25-40 or so it will likely parse a little more than BoC/HoH; in addition you get less repostles from mobs with a 2 hander. This is a blessing in disguise though - if you have the regen to mitigate the dmg you're taking, less repostles mean less damage shield dmg the mob takes, lowering your DPS output.
- Velious quest BP - Meh. You're going to spend 14.5 seconds clicking it for 58 hp. In those same 14.5 seconds, you'd regen a static 38 hp (sitting) with a fungi. Most of the time when I play a solo melee, if I have to regen a bunch of dmg I'm going to use that time to afk (no group responsibilities can be nice). Sometimes though you'll be talking to friends or whatnot and the 20 extra hp every 14.5 seconds will net you about 83 more hp a min.
- Ring 10 - If you got the dkp or plat and you're all in on a solo warrior this is a great way to go
- NToV Warrior quest armor - AC, AC , AC - particularly the bracers (25 ac), boots (32 ac) and Vambraces (33 ac)

Thats about it. I believe in AC/Regen over HP as a solo melee because you shouldn't ever be going below 15-20%. What good does an extra 400hp yield if you're always above 20% as a solo war? Not a damn thing. If you are going below 20% consistently, you're fighting mobs that are too tough for you - you're not landing as many hits on mobs dealing that much dmg relative to what you could be landing on a slightly easier mob. Faster killers will always equate to faster experience.
As a melee, HP only really matters if you're in a group getting CH'd or you find yourself playing poorly and consistently dropping below 20%.

Crede
10-23-2020, 09:46 AM
I've solo'd several melee to 60; mostly solo'd a warrior.
The key to solo melee is three things - Regen, AC, and Strength - in that order.

AC - Mitigates more damage; goes on a sliding scale with regen to determine what you can and can't solo.
Strength - The more strength raises the amount of damage you do; it also raises your attack rating which means more hits on mobs and an easier time landing hits on higher level mobs.
Regen - The absolute key to soloing as any melee.

This is why I suggest rolling an Iksar. Slap a fungi tunic on him and get some Kiva's pots for post lvl 20 - the 11 dmg shield at 20 starts to pay dividends for the 6 min / 40 plat a charge usage. Especially when you go for an AC build and are getting hit for low amounts of damage. An extremely high AC build with good regen will allow you solo 3-4 mobs at once at lvl 30, in say Mistmoore, greatly speeding up your leveling rate.

Key droppable items for an AC/Regen build solo warrior -

-Fungi
-Gem Encrusted Ring - 10 ac, 7 str - far far superior to a 6/65hp ring as a solo war
-Horn of Hsagra - Shoot for a Swiftblade of Zek MH and a a horn offhand. 35 ac is superior to the 15 str, 25 hp you loose off a BoC offhand
- Lodizal Belt - to go with a CoF. The 2 regen and attack beat the 9ac/5str you'd loose from a blood runed girdle. Regen is the only thing that beats AC in this build.

No Drop items (if you have access and DKP/plat to spend):

- Orb of the deep sea - 45 ac. Enough said
- Rocksmasher - 47 dmg 41 dly. 35 ac. 41% haste. If you're going to use a 2 handed weapon, this is pretty much the only one I'd use in this solo build. You're loosing 10 ac to a swiftblade/horn of hsagra but gaining 5% haste. From level 25-40 or so it will likely parse a little more than BoC/HoH; in addition you get less repostles from mobs with a 2 hander. This is a blessing in disguise though - if you have the regen to mitigate the dmg you're taking, less repostles mean less damage shield dmg the mob takes, lowering your DPS output.
- Velious quest BP - Meh. You're going to spend 14.5 seconds clicking it for 58 hp. In those same 14.5 seconds, you'd regen a static 38 hp (sitting) with a fungi. Most of the time when I play a solo melee, if I have to regen a bunch of dmg I'm going to use that time to afk (no group responsibilities can be nice). Sometimes though you'll be talking to friends or whatnot and the 20 extra hp every 14.5 seconds will net you about 83 more hp a min.
- Ring 10 - If you got the dkp or plat and you're all in on a solo warrior this is a great way to go
- NToV Warrior quest armor - AC, AC , AC - particularly the bracers (25 ac), boots (32 ac) and Vambraces (33 ac)

Thats about it. I believe in AC/Regen over HP as a solo melee because you shouldn't ever be going below 15-20%. What good does an extra 400hp yield if you're always above 20% as a solo war? Not a damn thing. If you are going below 20% consistently, you're fighting mobs that are too tough for you - you're not landing as many hits on mobs dealing that much dmg relative to what you could be landing on a slightly easier mob. Faster killers will always equate to faster experience.
As a melee, HP only really matters if you're in a group getting CH'd or you find yourself playing poorly and consistently dropping below 20%.

Good post, except Gnome > iksar all day for a solo warrior build. Nothing touches having access to 40% spell haste. Also the velious Kael bp heals for 90 on my sk. There’s some inconsistent evidence on which bps heals for the full 90 on melees but my sks kael one definitively does.

KentalCowtipper
10-23-2020, 01:49 PM
I get that the gnome clickly haste is good... but not enough to loose the iksar innate regen, iksar innate AC bonus combined with the str difference between the two races.

Naethyn
10-23-2020, 02:05 PM
40% spell haste is so much better than iksar regen it's not even close, especially before 50.

Also, AC sucks - sorry to those who don't think otherwise. If you are heavily twinked (ss gear) its good from level 5-30. After that its terrible, especially when you go into expansion content.

Saisu
10-23-2020, 02:29 PM
Yeah before 50 you’re basically asking if you’d prefer an item with +40% haste, or +1-3 regen (depending on sit/stand). No contest!

Doujou
10-23-2020, 02:33 PM
Yea but...then your a gnome and not master lizard race. RIP.

jolanar
10-23-2020, 03:45 PM
I get that the gnome clickly haste is good... but not enough to loose the iksar innate regen, iksar innate AC bonus combined with the str difference between the two races.

Killing things 40% faster means taking 40% less damage. Think about that.

Iksar do look cool though. And I've heard you can overwrite your normal warrior kick to use the flying kick animation if you are into that sort of thing.

It really just comes down to how much you want to solo. If you are playing a warrior specifically to solo then you aren't really doing it "right" anyways so who cares what you pick.

Crede
10-23-2020, 04:04 PM

Iksars will actually have the worst str of any war race because they can’t use cobalt boots for solo play. And gnomes tinkering armor also has a 30 str buff that stacks with boots. So a gnome will have at least 45 more str than an iksar when buffed. 45 str + 30 more Dex from the clicky armor + 40% haste blows iksar measly ac and regen outta the water for solo play.

Doujou
10-23-2020, 09:35 PM
To your point on Iksar, AC and Regen are 2 of the top things for solo melee play. AC plays a big part in group/solo content to get hit for less and any more regen helps lessen downtime, especially with combat-bind-wound nerfed. Not being able to use Cobalt stinks but it's really not that big of a deal.

I'll give it to gnomes for that haste clicky. Eyepatch is great though and BiS outside of raiding stat wise.

Naethyn
10-23-2020, 10:02 PM
Iksars have less potential dps than every other race. https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_Gauntlets_of_Fennin_Ro

KentalCowtipper
10-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Iksars have less potential dps than every other race. https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_Gauntlets_of_Fennin_Ro

Lol hey Naeth.
Doesn't stack with Grim Aura so only a net gain of 3 attack.

Naethyn
10-24-2020, 05:08 PM
Gloves are worn atk not a spell.

KentalCowtipper
10-24-2020, 05:10 PM
Killing things 40% faster means taking 40% less damage. Think about that.

Iksar do look cool though. And I've heard you can overwrite your normal warrior kick to use the flying kick animation if you are into that sort of thing.

It really just comes down to how much you want to solo. If you are playing a warrior specifically to solo then you aren't really doing it "right" anyways so who cares what you pick.

I wish your first statement was true; I really do, but having 40% faster haste does not mean you're taking 40% less damage. Shocking, no?
Lets break it down.
- For an easy to use calculatior go to https://gaming.invisibill.net/eq/hastecalc.html.
Current attack rate
Delay * --------------------- = Effective Delay
Hasted attack rate

"Your current attack rate is 100%. This is the standard speed at which you attack. Your hasted attack rate is your standard 100% attack rate, plus whatever rate increase you have from your haste item/song/spell. Dividing the current attack rate by the hasted attack rate gives you the factor by which your delay decreases. For example, 30% haste gives a factor of .769. With 30% haste, your delay would effectively be .769 of the weapon's stated delay. If your weapon had a stated delay of 24, a 30% haste item would give your weapon an effective delay of 24 * .769, or 18.46."

- Regarding an iksar AC bonus look at the following three links:
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/6mj3li/iksar_bonus_ac/
and
https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar
and
http://https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283237
Scroll to the bottom of the first page for the most comprehensive, indepth armor calculations I've ever been able to find that apply to p99.

For simplicity sake of calculating, we'll use a crappy 40/40 reaver and have 30% worn haste (just for ease of calculation); also say you're fighting a mob that does 30 dmg per second and it takes 100 seconds to kill said mob with no worn haste.

-Without haste, you're looking at taking 30 dmg each second for 100 seconds = 3,000 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% you're taking a weapon of 40 dly down to 30.76 delay; effectively 31 dly. At 31 dly you're looking at a reduction of swing speed of 22%. 30 dps x 78 seconds = 2,340 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% + armor click haste of 40% on a 40 dly weapon you're down to 23.52 dly; effective delay of 24 which is a reduction of swing speed of 40%. 30 dps x 60 seconds = 1,800 dmg taken.

With the warrior AC softcap at 510 and iksars receiving an innate bonus of 35 ac (1 ac per level capped at lvl 35); this means iksars at lvl 35 will have an effective ac of 545 compared to 510 for another warrior; a reduction of 6.5% Instead of taking 30 dmg per second, you'll be taking 28.05 dmg per second.

- Worn haste of 30%, dly of 40 = 31 dly. 28 dps taken x 78 seconds = 2,184 dmg taken.

So comparing 2,184 damage taken as an iksar to a gnome who is taking 1,800 dmg, it appears that over the same period a cog hasted gnome is taking 17.6% less damage during the same period - less than half of the 40% listed haste increase.

BUT - and heres the key to soloing in EQ - you're not factoring in static regeneration comparative to the damage taken over time.

At lvl 35, an iksar with a fungi tunic will be standing and will regen 17 hp a tick (2.83 regen per second) . At level 60, it goes up to 27 hp a tick ( 4.5 a second) standing. A gnome at lvl 35 with a fungi will regen 16 standing a tick (2.67 a second) ; at level 60 they regen 19 a tick ( 3.17 a second) standing.

To apply that to the earlier figures, during a fight at lvl 35 with a base 30 dps monster fought for 100 seconds, a gnome with worn 30, click 40 haste will take 27.33 dmg a second (regen factored in) for 60 seconds = 1,640 dmg taken = 27.33 dmg a second taken a second.

An iksar for the same fight at lvl 35, will be taking 25.22 a second x 78 seconds =1,968 dmg taken = 25.22 damage second taken.

So at 35 you will kill faster but you will end up taking 2.11 more dmg per second as a gnome compared to an iksar. This is not calculating in the out of combat numbers either - additional regen you have while pulling/sitting along with the sliding scale that goes up when fighting 2 or 3 mobs simultaneously. In addition to these factors, you are not factoring in the time you will take running from the best xp spots (dungeons) to vendors in order to recharge your Cog arms. Or even the plat it costs you to do so.

Now for the real fun. Level 60.

At level 60, a gnome will regen 19 a tick with a fungi standing - 3.17 regen per second. 30 dmg per second from a mob minus 3.17 is 26.84 dmg per second taken x 60 seconds is 1,610 dmg taken over 60 seconds.

An iksar at level 60 will regen 27 a tick standing - 4.5 regen a second. 28.05 dmg per second minus 4.5 is 23.55 dmg per second x 78 seconds is 1,837 dmg over 78 seconds.

At level 35 the iksar takes 2.11 less dmg per second; at level 60 that jumps to 3.29 less dmg per second.

As a solo warrior, what is the probability that you will be pulling only singles? Pretty damn low. I've leveled 4 warriors over 10 years and most of the time you have 2-4 mobs on you at once.

Lets run the numbers for 2 simultaneous mobs at lvl 35 for both a gnome and iksar.

- A gnome will be taking 57.33 dmg per second for the first 60 seconds it takes to kill mob 1; then he will take 27.33 dmg for the next 60 seconds to kill mob 2. 60 x 57.33 = 3,440 dmg plus 27.33 x 60 (1,640) = 5080 total damage taken over 120 seconds for a total of 42.33 dmg taken per second at level 35 vrs 2 mobs.
- An iksar at 35 will take 53.27 dmg per second for the first 78 seconds; then 25.22 dmg per second for the remaining 78 seconds. 53.72 x 78 = 4,190 + 25.22 x 78 = 6,158 total tdamage taken over 156 seconds for a total of 39.47 dmg taken per second at lvl 35 vrs 2 mobs.

So you're taking 2.86 less dmg per second (9.1%) as an iksar compared to a gnome. Why is this so important as a solo warrior? Because if you're not using Kiva's damage shield potions to solo as a warrior you shouldn't be playing this game. Or atleast making arguments in a solo warrior thread. Damage shield pots in the 30s will be doing 30% + of your damage vrs multiple mobs. With higher ac, those hits at lvl 35 that would hit for 40 instead hit for 35 or so. Each time the mob hits you at lvl 35, your Kiva potion will be doing 18 dmg back to it. Starting to see why taking less dmg per hit and per second is so damn important?

I've ran out of steam; forgive me for not doing the damage shield potion exact numbers. If you want to run the numbers at lvl 60 as a solo warrior, you'll see that you'll be taking about 16% less dmg per hit with iksar's increased regen. Thats huge. Especially when your Kiva's potion is now doing 31 dmg per strike.

Things not factored in that make Iksars even better:
1) Iksars abilities are static and you don't have to worry about recharging your cog arms (time and plat wasted).
2) The math I did above assumes that you will be getting 100% of the usage out of the haste on your Cog arms click. What happens after you pull 2 or 3 mobs... why, you gotta go pull more. The time you spend going to pull mobs and then bring them back to a safe place to kill them is time your cog arm haste is not being factored into the DPS taken / DPS received equations but trust me its a lot. Most people would say 10-20% of the time spent camping stuff is spent pulling mobs back (many zones when soloing you don't want to engage where the mobs are because of pathers, spawns etc). Thats a huge reduction in the efficiency of the cog arms. Iksars, on the other hand, have their AC and Regen activated 100% of the time.
3) Leading off point 2, while pulling an iksar warrior continues to have his innate regen active and working. While a gnome who is pulling is loosing dmg taken efficiency, an iksar who is pulling is gaining damage taken efficiency over time.

Sorry for the wall of text but it bugs me when people try to say attacking 40% faster means 40% less damage taken. As you can see, that is clearly not the case.

Many things in EQ are subjective - looks, play style, ect. Math in determining dmg taken is not.

KentalCowtipper
10-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Iksars will actually have the worst str of any war race because they can’t use cobalt boots for solo play. And gnomes tinkering armor also has a 30 str buff that stacks with boots. So a gnome will have at least 45 more str than an iksar when buffed. 45 str + 30 more Dex from the clicky armor + 40% haste blows iksar measly ac and regen outta the water for solo play.

Cobalt boots aren't usable until 45.
Iksar warriors start wit ha base 80 str; gnome warriors start with 70 base strength.
The build is referenced is a Regen - AC - Strength build.

drakkan
10-27-2020, 09:34 AM
I wish your first statement was true; I really do, but having 40% faster haste does not mean you're taking 40% less damage. Shocking, no?
Lets break it down.
- For an easy to use calculatior go to https://gaming.invisibill.net/eq/hastecalc.html.
Current attack rate
Delay * --------------------- = Effective Delay
Hasted attack rate

"Your current attack rate is 100%. This is the standard speed at which you attack. Your hasted attack rate is your standard 100% attack rate, plus whatever rate increase you have from your haste item/song/spell. Dividing the current attack rate by the hasted attack rate gives you the factor by which your delay decreases. For example, 30% haste gives a factor of .769. With 30% haste, your delay would effectively be .769 of the weapon's stated delay. If your weapon had a stated delay of 24, a 30% haste item would give your weapon an effective delay of 24 * .769, or 18.46."

- Regarding an iksar AC bonus look at the following three links:
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/6mj3li/iksar_bonus_ac/
and
https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar
and
http://https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283237
Scroll to the bottom of the first page for the most comprehensive, indepth armor calculations I've ever been able to find that apply to p99.

For simplicity sake of calculating, we'll use a crappy 40/40 reaver and have 30% worn haste (just for ease of calculation); also say you're fighting a mob that does 30 dmg per second and it takes 100 seconds to kill said mob with no worn haste.

-Without haste, you're looking at taking 30 dmg each second for 100 seconds = 3,000 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% you're taking a weapon of 40 dly down to 30.76 delay; effectively 31 dly. At 31 dly you're looking at a reduction of swing speed of 22%. 30 dps x 78 seconds = 2,340 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% + armor click haste of 40% on a 40 dly weapon you're down to 23.52 dly; effective delay of 24 which is a reduction of swing speed of 40%. 30 dps x 60 seconds = 1,800 dmg taken.

With the warrior AC softcap at 510 and iksars receiving an innate bonus of 35 ac (1 ac per level capped at lvl 35); this means iksars at lvl 35 will have an effective ac of 545 compared to 510 for another warrior; a reduction of 6.5% Instead of taking 30 dmg per second, you'll be taking 28.05 dmg per second.

- Worn haste of 30%, dly of 40 = 31 dly. 28 dps taken x 78 seconds = 2,184 dmg taken.

So comparing 2,184 damage taken as an iksar to a gnome who is taking 1,800 dmg, it appears that over the same period a cog hasted gnome is taking 17.6% less damage during the same period - less than half of the 40% listed haste increase.

BUT - and heres the key to soloing in EQ - you're not factoring in static regeneration comparative to the damage taken over time.

At lvl 35, an iksar with a fungi tunic will be standing and will regen 17 hp a tick (2.83 regen per second) . At level 60, it goes up to 27 hp a tick ( 4.5 a second) standing. A gnome at lvl 35 with a fungi will regen 16 standing a tick (2.67 a second) ; at level 60 they regen 19 a tick ( 3.17 a second) standing.

To apply that to the earlier figures, during a fight at lvl 35 with a base 30 dps monster fought for 100 seconds, a gnome with worn 30, click 40 haste will take 27.33 dmg a second (regen factored in) for 60 seconds = 1,640 dmg taken = 27.33 dmg a second taken a second.

An iksar for the same fight at lvl 35, will be taking 25.22 a second x 78 seconds =1,968 dmg taken = 25.22 damage second taken.

So at 35 you will kill faster but you will end up taking 2.11 more dmg per second as a gnome compared to an iksar. This is not calculating in the out of combat numbers either - additional regen you have while pulling/sitting along with the sliding scale that goes up when fighting 2 or 3 mobs simultaneously. In addition to these factors, you are not factoring in the time you will take running from the best xp spots (dungeons) to vendors in order to recharge your Cog arms. Or even the plat it costs you to do so.

Now for the real fun. Level 60.

At level 60, a gnome will regen 19 a tick with a fungi standing - 3.17 regen per second. 30 dmg per second from a mob minus 3.17 is 26.84 dmg per second taken x 60 seconds is 1,610 dmg taken over 60 seconds.

An iksar at level 60 will regen 27 a tick standing - 4.5 regen a second. 28.05 dmg per second minus 4.5 is 23.55 dmg per second x 78 seconds is 1,837 dmg over 78 seconds.

At level 35 the iksar takes 2.11 less dmg per second; at level 60 that jumps to 3.29 less dmg per second.

As a solo warrior, what is the probability that you will be pulling only singles? Pretty damn low. I've leveled 4 warriors over 10 years and most of the time you have 2-4 mobs on you at once.

Lets run the numbers for 2 simultaneous mobs at lvl 35 for both a gnome and iksar.

- A gnome will be taking 57.33 dmg per second for the first 60 seconds it takes to kill mob 1; then he will take 27.33 dmg for the next 60 seconds to kill mob 2. 60 x 57.33 = 3,440 dmg plus 27.33 x 60 (1,640) = 5080 total damage taken over 120 seconds for a total of 42.33 dmg taken per second at level 35 vrs 2 mobs.
- An iksar at 35 will take 53.27 dmg per second for the first 78 seconds; then 25.22 dmg per second for the remaining 78 seconds. 53.72 x 78 = 4,190 + 25.22 x 78 = 6,158 total tdamage taken over 156 seconds for a total of 39.47 dmg taken per second at lvl 35 vrs 2 mobs.

So you're taking 2.86 less dmg per second (9.1%) as an iksar compared to a gnome. Why is this so important as a solo warrior? Because if you're not using Kiva's damage shield potions to solo as a warrior you shouldn't be playing this game. Or atleast making arguments in a solo warrior thread. Damage shield pots in the 30s will be doing 30% + of your damage vrs multiple mobs. With higher ac, those hits at lvl 35 that would hit for 40 instead hit for 35 or so. Each time the mob hits you at lvl 35, your Kiva potion will be doing 18 dmg back to it. Starting to see why taking less dmg per hit and per second is so damn important?

I've ran out of steam; forgive me for not doing the damage shield potion exact numbers. If you want to run the numbers at lvl 60 as a solo warrior, you'll see that you'll be taking about 16% less dmg per hit with iksar's increased regen. Thats huge. Especially when your Kiva's potion is now doing 31 dmg per strike.

Things not factored in that make Iksars even better:
1) Iksars abilities are static and you don't have to worry about recharging your cog arms (time and plat wasted).
2) The math I did above assumes that you will be getting 100% of the usage out of the haste on your Cog arms click. What happens after you pull 2 or 3 mobs... why, you gotta go pull more. The time you spend going to pull mobs and then bring them back to a safe place to kill them is time your cog arm haste is not being factored into the DPS taken / DPS received equations but trust me its a lot. Most people would say 10-20% of the time spent camping stuff is spent pulling mobs back (many zones when soloing you don't want to engage where the mobs are because of pathers, spawns etc). Thats a huge reduction in the efficiency of the cog arms. Iksars, on the other hand, have their AC and Regen activated 100% of the time.
3) Leading off point 2, while pulling an iksar warrior continues to have his innate regen active and working. While a gnome who is pulling is loosing dmg taken efficiency, an iksar who is pulling is gaining damage taken efficiency over time.

Sorry for the wall of text but it bugs me when people try to say attacking 40% faster means 40% less damage taken. As you can see, that is clearly not the case.

Many things in EQ are subjective - looks, play style, ect. Math in determining dmg taken is not.

Where does cuteness factor into all those equations?

If you're curious, I've used the watchman boots, gloves, and arms (dex, str, haste) and have kept it up at all times from level 20 to now, level 49 and with a toolbox on hand, along with a stack or so of mana batteries, I've spent 1.8k or so in just about 30 levels to upkeep 40% haste. I love the str, dex, and haste. The str and dex last about an hour? They stack with those random friendly shaman buffs too, so I'm low 200's on str and dex when a shaman runs by and buffs me on top of my clickies.

I definitely need to pick up some dmg shield pots though, doh, forgot how good they could be.

Zipity
10-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Eyepatch of plunder or Graveyard dust potions for easy haste if not gnome.
For multiple mobs just snare and zone or use herbalist spade paired with evasive at higher lvls. Was able to easily solo the first 9 mobs of the hole entrance from 50+ on an iksar warrior that I wouldn’t say was super twinked just well twinked.

jarlerop
10-28-2020, 05:11 AM
Eyepatch of plunder or Graveyard dust potions for easy haste if not gnome.
For multiple mobs just snare and zone or use herbalist spade paired with evasive at higher lvls. Was able to easily solo the first 9 mobs of the hole entrance from 50+ on an iksar warrior that I wouldn’t say was super twinked just well twinked.
Any idea how long the graveyard dust potions last? Wiki says 1.8 minutes, but this seems low.

Damarous
10-28-2020, 07:15 AM
allakhazam also says 1.8 minutes. I would wager it's accurate

jolanar
10-28-2020, 08:30 AM
Wouldn't you use Adrenaline Tap?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Adrenaline_Tap

jolanar
10-28-2020, 09:00 AM

I mean cool to know that 1% haste isn't actually 1%, definitely changes things but...

By your own math 40% haste is 28.57 delay reduction and you are saying Iksar take 16% less damage per hit. So kill things 28.5% faster vs take 16% less damage. Still seems better to me.

Also your argument is basically using rechargables is annoying so don't play a gnome, but instead play an iksar and fight 4 mobs at once using rechargables?

When are you going to be fighting 4 mobs at once as a solo warrior unless they are low level greens? I guess in the low levels you could do this but that's a tiny portion of the leveling experience.

Now do all that math again but where the gnome has: 55 extra strength, 30 extra dex, 8 ac/30hp all from clickies, 18% less experience required to 60, and has more vendor and banking options available (only mentioned this because you brought up time spent running to a vendor). Iksar also have no unlimited click invis that I know of, which is a big deal as a solo warrior.

Solist
10-28-2020, 11:12 AM
So much irrelevent discussion. It's simple.

Gnome is best for wall vision, robes, immediate ability to innately corner tank without shrink.

Ogre is best for being able to quickly click things at the start of fights, Aside from being rotated while stunned as you're A/D keyhappy/restless, it's irrelevent otherwise.

The aggro gen lost from stunned time is non existent. If irrelevent amounts of aggro like that mattered, we wouldnt all use sub par aggro gen weapons to tank.

Play what you want to look at, the entire time. Lack of click targetable invis, and click targetable shrink with iksar immediately rules them out for me.

Casuals should play halfling as having sneak/hide is valuable.
Endgame raiders should play anything they like, it doesnt make a difference.
Soloers with resources should play gnome for self haste.
Soloers without resources should play iksar.

MarauderOHHYEAH
10-28-2020, 11:44 AM
I made my warrior a half elf just because I'm a glutton for bad fashion... spent mill or so twinking her out and have been having a blast... full SS plate looks like shit but the stats are nice... at 52 I can hit 5k hp and 1250ish ac raid buffed