PDA

View Full Version : game developement

zaldaben
09-17-2020, 03:12 AM
high, how many folks here dick around with unreal gaming engine? I have like 4 steamfont size zones designed just playing around but no idea what I want the game to to do. wondering if there are any other hobbyist developers hanging out.

Izmael
09-17-2020, 03:36 AM
If you're thinking of doing something in the EQ style, you'll probably have to be proficient in C++ as you will have to add metric tons (as in "man-years of work") of custom server-side code, and that's just server-side.

Nuggie
09-17-2020, 09:50 AM
If you're thinking of doing something in the EQ style, you'll probably have to be proficient in C++ as you will have to add metric tons (as in "man-years of work") of custom server-side code, and that's just server-side.

It would take a fella with a lot of passion to do this thing. Wouldn't it be nice if nilbog could just copy and paste his into an unreal engine game.

douglas1999
09-17-2020, 12:43 PM
I used to make quake levels :(

Baler
09-17-2020, 01:06 PM
I've never worked with Unreal Engine but I'd messed around with Unity, more specificly to moddify daggerfall unity (https://forums.dfworkshop.net/).

Tunabros
09-17-2020, 01:55 PM
unity is by far the easiest and fun game engine
think you need to know c++

Izmael
09-17-2020, 01:56 PM
I used to make quake levels :(

You should make an everquest quake map and let's duel! I'll even host the server permanently.

Not sure what EQ zone would be a good candidate for a deathmatch...

I kinda immediately think of Sebilis but it has too many dead-ends.

Baler
09-17-2020, 02:02 PM
You should make an everquest quake map and let's duel! I'll even host the server permanently.

Not sure what EQ zone would be a good candidate for a deathmatch...

I kinda immediately think of Sebilis but it has too many dead-ends.

Velks with some teleporters and jump pads! :D

Jimjam
09-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Velks would make a great quake map!

OP: you needs to form a crew! You’re obviously a world builder, but you need lots of different people with different passions and talents. Scripters, game designers, story tellers, ui designers, etc.

I have a lil boy so have skimmed the surface of Roblox (no laughing at the back) and finding artists with talent to complement each other is how much of the user generated content is created there.