PDA

View Full Version : Drain Soul Felwithe

Vriggchan
09-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Hey, coming across this bug while hunting in Felwitheb. When I cast drain soul on Guard Tistan, my mana cost is deducted, it looks like he takes dmg, i get the message i get healed, but nothing other than the mana cost actually occurs. I have been hunting for a couple of weeks and this has been a constant occurrence. If i drain soul x2 the second one works, but the first one does not. Figured I'd post about it here to see if it was something you guys would be interested in.

Dolalin
09-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Is he getting buffed with Rune by a nearby NPC?

Vriggchan
09-16-2020, 11:06 AM
i think i burn through his rune bc all my dots are ticking for damage.

Vriggchan
09-16-2020, 11:07 AM
I'm about to do another round. I'll post confirmation when i get to him.

Vriggchan
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
So he takes dmg from Dots and the situation described above still occurs.

elwing
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
It's because bards shouldn't drain soul

Vriggchan
09-16-2020, 11:30 AM
It's because bards shouldn't drain soul

I mean a necro's got to eat!

Tigerstyle Wutangfist
09-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Runes do not prevent dot damage/not consumed by them. At least that is how it works on players, safe to assume that you can dot a mob to 0 but they keep their rune unless you nuke or melee.

Videri
09-18-2020, 11:38 PM
Yeah, so even though the DoTs are ticking, the Rune is still there. When you Drain Soul the first time, it is apparently defeating the Rune (but it doesn't have any damage left over, nor does it provide healing to you); subsequent Drain Souls will do damage and healing as expected, because they are single-target damage.

If you want to test it, you could use a pet to do some melee damage to him. Or you could use one of those poison-based direct damage spells necros get. The first one should do nothing. After you break through the rune, you can try lifetapping him and confirm whether it works as expected.

Vriggchan
09-20-2020, 07:47 AM
Yeah, so even though the DoTs are ticking, the Rune is still there. When you Drain Soul the first time, it is apparently defeating the Rune (but it doesn't have any damage left over, nor does it provide healing to you); subsequent Drain Souls will do damage and healing as expected, because they are single-target damage.

If you want to test it, you could use a pet to do some melee damage to him. Or you could use one of those poison-based direct damage spells necros get. The first one should do nothing. After you break through the rune, you can try lifetapping him and confirm whether it works as expected.

thats probably it. I have not paid attention to which guild hes walking from, but I'd put a dollar on it being the ENC guild. TIL, thanks everyone.