PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Classing

Naerron
09-15-2020, 01:23 AM
If you could multi-class in EQ like you can in 5e DnD what combos would you possibly use?

In EQ terms this would translate into taking your 60 levels and dumping them into whatever classes you wanted to, but could only gain the abilities and skills of that single class up to the amount of levels you put into it.

For example, if did 55 levels of warrior and 5 levels of shaman, i would max my weapon skills and such at 55 got the warrior and would lose the 56-60 disciplines....but i would gain the the lvl 1-5 shaman spells, which include a slow and gate...

With the way EQ stacks i doubt many people would take it, but could produce some really interesting combos, especially if you could gear from both classes.

Psyborg
09-15-2020, 02:09 AM
Level 10 Rogue.
Level 50 Warrior.

Watch as my Tantors Tusk Backstabs make you weep.

Videri
09-15-2020, 02:41 AM
Maybe level 59 enchanter + level 1 cleric for Divine Aura.

Maybe level 59 bard + level 1 ranger for Good Track...though I suppose it would be subject to the ranger's skill caps, so never mind.

Level 10 Rogue.
Level 50 Warrior.

Watch as my Tantors Tusk Backstabs make you weep.

VERY clever. It would mean giving up some discs, but I think the result would be a nice DPS-build warrior.

Jibartik
09-15-2020, 02:50 AM
Haha 59 chanter with 1 track sounds pretty insane.

I would like to just see what a 30 necro 30 paladin would be like.

edit: chanter bard?

level 6 bard: Movespeed & HP regen
level 54 enchanter: highest non dictate charm & C2

If you go bard first, you can have those awesome abilities to help you level but you sacrifice starting with low int, although you can be a wood-elf enchanter in that case, which is neat. If you go enchanter first its like, who cares about getting those abilities really you're just a farm bot now so maybe that build is pretty boring. womp womp.

Although I am curious what the gearing would be like.

Foxplay
09-15-2020, 02:54 AM
58Monk, 1Pal, 1SK

a monk with Lay on hands and harm touch, and mend

Videri
09-15-2020, 03:34 AM
Are we working with the level-based skill/spell caps of the respective classes? If so:
Level 1 paladin Lay Hands = 34 hp
Level 1 shadow knight Harm Touch = 11 damage
Level 10 rogue backstab = backstab skill capped at 55
and so on

If not, though, then yeah, I'll farm you a Pegasus Feather Cloak on my level 59 bard with max Ranger track, np. :cool:

Baler
09-15-2020, 03:46 AM
lvl 5 bard for selo
lvl 44 druid for group ports

For a lvl 49 port char

Zipity
09-15-2020, 07:16 AM
59 necro + 1 bard for the ultimate pull class - snare, FD, lifetap, pet track, like 6 DAs, gate, bind, succor are night, fear, mez etc

Really any caster lvl 59 + lvl 1 bard due to being able to cast/use clickies on the run. Would open access to tons of moving DAs and cast/kiting strats. Fucking wizard swarm kiting.

46 epic mage, 12 ench, 1bard, 1 cleric, epic pet ,Tash + malo, slow, Pbaoe mez, lull, root, memblur, cheap heals, DA, and you can still cast on the run.

59 bard + 1 monk for double attack

59pal/Sk + 1 monk for dual wield

Ennewi
09-15-2020, 07:32 AM
Assuming only one epic is allowed, for the class with most levels.

39 levels in cleric (complete healing, stuns, fear/vs undead, ivu, root, da/db, lulls, bind, gate, epic clicky supersedes 50% rez) (specialization @ 30)
20 levels of bard (mana regen, hp regen, selos, slow, resist songs, eb, haste, invis) (singing, percussion, string, brass, wind) (forage, sneak, dodge, dual wield)
1 level of druid (snare)

Human as race for the ability to wear numerous rare/class-specific robes, and it's the only race with access to all three classes separately. Tunare as deity, for PoG quest rewards.

DMN
09-15-2020, 07:53 AM
Like videri mentioned you'd really have to clarify whether or not you'd gain max skills for a class even without more levels in it. Like a 59WE/1SK would be a level 1 harm touch or a level 60 harm touch? I would assume the former if we are going from the standard D&D perspective.

Another sticky issue might be the epics... mage epic in particular. If you only need 1 level in mage to get it you could do 1 mage/59 ench

How about the general rule you can only get the epic of the class you have the most levels in?

So with all of that out of the way here's an interesting one especially with epic pet: Magician 56/enchanter 4( stun, mez, fear, lull). Since mez can mem wipe you could pretty much destroy anything even if it summons and chain the epic pet between mesmerize casts

Zipity
09-15-2020, 08:32 AM
I assumed you had to be lvl 46+ in whatever class to use and equip epic.

I’m going on 46MAG, 1BRD, 1DRU, 12ENCH

Cast while moving, epic pet, malo/tash/slow, root, lull, mez, stun, Snare, small 20pt heals, memblur, fear, bindsight, faction buff, healthy amount of illusions for fashion quest. This combo would be a fun as shit.

DMN
09-15-2020, 08:44 AM
i suppose you could ad a level of bard like 55 mage/1 bard/ 4ench

But i really would not want to give up CoH.

Zipity
09-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Don’t get slow til 12 though

DMN
09-15-2020, 08:47 AM
Don’t get slow til 12 though

That's Ok when your pets cost zero mana.

Edit: apparently on p99 they went with a level cap of 50 on the mage clicky.

Karthil
09-15-2020, 12:13 PM
59 necro + 1 bard for the ultimate pull class - snare, FD, lifetap, pet track, like 6 DAs, gate, bind, succor are night, fear, mez etc

Really any caster lvl 59 + lvl 1 bard due to being able to cast/use clickies on the run. Would open access to tons of moving DAs and cast/kiting strats. Fucking wizard swarm kiting.

46 epic mage, 12 ench, 1bard, 1 cleric, epic pet ,Tash + malo, slow, Pbaoe mez, lull, root, memblur, cheap heals, DA, and you can still cast on the run.

59 bard + 1 monk for double attack

59pal/Sk + 1 monk for dual wield

In EQ I think the only thing that makes sense is lvl 1 Bard + caster for casting on the run. 50+ is too important and <10 is not strong at all.

plzrelax
09-15-2020, 01:47 PM
I don’t think being a level 1 bard should allow you cast other class spells while moving. If you have bard levels, you can sing bard songs and use instruments bard style according to how many bard levels you have

Crede
09-15-2020, 02:25 PM
A 56 war with level 4 enc utility(lull, mez, stun, gate) sounds pretty godly

DMN
09-15-2020, 02:38 PM
I don’t think being a level 1 bard should allow you cast other class spells while moving. If you have bard levels, you can sing bard songs and use instruments bard style according to how many bard levels you have

Idon'tthink anyone is considering that the case. only that clickies will not be interrupted.

7thGate
09-15-2020, 03:46 PM
Why wouldn't you? Bards being able to cast things on the move is a default class feature.

Other possibly good options:
Level 3 Rogue for Hide/Sneak
Enchanter levels to get Rod of Annihilation access on a melee in addition to Lull/Gate/Stun/Mez. You would see a lot of Enchanter 4 I think, like Paladin 2 in pathfinder 1st e.
A warrior level for better armor access.
A paladin level on a rogue to backstab with Great Spear of Dawn.

Splashing a level for gear proficiencies is extremely common in PnP RPGs that allow that kind of behavior. There's a lot of gear that's balanced by not being accessible to certain classes which would be worth losing some of the capstone class abilities to get.

DMN
09-15-2020, 04:53 PM
Why wouldn't you? Bards being able to cast things on the move is a default class feature.

Other possibly good options:
Level 3 Rogue for Hide/Sneak
Enchanter levels to get Rod of Annihilation access on a melee in addition to Lull/Gate/Stun/Mez. You would see a lot of Enchanter 4 I think, like Paladin 2 in pathfinder 1st e.
A warrior level for better armor access.
A paladin level on a rogue to backstab with Great Spear of Dawn.

Splashing a level for gear proficiencies is extremely common in PnP RPGs that allow that kind of behavior. There's a lot of gear that's balanced by not being accessible to certain classes which would be worth losing some of the capstone class abilities to get.

Because bards have no spells we can't say they would operate a certain way if they did have them.

Also think ultimate melee would be 1 level pal or SK for spear of dawn , 1 level ench for lull/annihilation, 58 levels of rogue Need to look at the SK/paladin armror clickies to decided. Certain paladin currently because of the incredibly bad decision to make the soulfire essentially pladin only clickable.

Zipity
09-15-2020, 05:11 PM
55MAG / 3Rog / 1BRD / 1necro = Hidesneak, Invis,IVU, cast on run, Plate armor, Cothbot extroidonaire!

tsuchang
09-15-2020, 05:25 PM
Necromancer and ..... ummmm..... well, just necromancer.

Pretzelle
09-15-2020, 05:25 PM
60 Ranger/nothing else. Can't improve upon perfection.

Pretzelle
09-15-2020, 05:27 PM
Because bards have no spells we can't say they would operate a certain way if they did have them.

Also think ultimate melee would be 1 level pal or SK for spear of dawn , 1 level ench for lull/annihilation, 58 levels of rogue Need to look at the SK/paladin armror clickies to decided. Certain paladin currently because of the incredibly bad decision to make the soulfire essentially pladin only clickable.
SKs get FD pants

plzrelax
09-15-2020, 05:46 PM
While a single level into warrior or paladin in Everquest would certainly give you access to plate etc., you would still be limited by your defense skill caps by having most of your levels in enc. Or a single level in paladin or rogue could still be limited by low level piercing and offense skill caps even though it might grant you access to some great weapons

DMN
09-15-2020, 05:59 PM
SKs get FD pants

But sadly only 10 channeling with that combo.

Topgunben
09-15-2020, 06:17 PM
could your brain handle multi classing? Thats the real question.

kaizersoze
09-15-2020, 10:55 PM
39 cleric, 18 monk, 3 rogue. A cleric with sneak+hide, FD, and CH would be amazing. Assuming you can still click their epic.

Izmael
09-16-2020, 07:29 AM
20 war - 20 rog - 20 wiz for the most challenging combo to play.

Zipity
09-16-2020, 08:05 AM
39 cleric, 18 monk, 3 rogue. A cleric with sneak+hide, FD, and CH would be amazing. Assuming you can still click their epic.

Why not go necro instead of monk for FD plus a small 2mana lich + invis + pet tracking + snare, add lvl 1 brd since FD at 16 for casting while moving, no more tanks ranging heals.

Baler
09-16-2020, 09:27 AM
4 Enchanter
4 Magician
4 Necromancer
4 Wizard
5 Cleric
5 Druid
5 Shaman
5 Bard
4 Monk
4 Ranger
4 Rogue
4 Paladin
4 Shadow Knight
4 Warrior

The ultimate low level multi-class
What class are you? Yes.

DMN
09-16-2020, 11:22 AM
Again if you give the bard a channeling skill its just as l likely they would not have the non-interrupt occurring anymor as they did so stop including thinking you get that on your spells.

7thGate
09-16-2020, 05:50 PM
Bards don't interrupt due to movement when casting spells, which is why their songs (which are spells) and clickies (also spells) don't interrupt. The check in the code for movement spell interrupt is literally, from spells.cpp on eqemu:

if(GetClass() == BARD) // bard's can move when casting any spell...

Sure, you could assume that the multiclassing implementation removes this I guess, but the default would be to assume that it would work the way it currently does if you just tacked on normal spellcasting.

Toomuch
09-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Tank Options:

Warrior 52 (for Evasive Disc)
Bard 5 (for selos)
Rogue 3 (for sneak+hide)

Warrior 52 (for Evasive Disc)
Bard 5 (for selos)
Cleric 1 (for DA, Lull, and FLASH OF LIGHT)
Necromancer 1 (for IVU and Pet Track/Pull)
Druid 1 (Snare and FLAME LICK)

Warrior 55 (for Defensive Disc)
Rogue 3 (for sneak/hide)
Cleric 1 (for DA, Lull, and FLASH OF LIGHT)
And then toss up between Necromancer 1 (for IVU and Pet Track/Pull) or Druid (Snare and FLAME LICK)

Any one of those tanks would be pretty fun to play, hah