PDA

View Full Version : This is a severe injustice...

LazyHydras
09-13-2020, 11:22 PM
...that my Samsung Smart TV no longer carries the MLB.tv app. How am I supposed to watch my out-of-market Baseball games now?

This is an injustice. A travesty. Shocking. Outrageous. I will NOT stand for this!

Baler
09-13-2020, 11:50 PM
If it's anything like nfl where they take a knee and stay in the locker room during the national anthem.

Fuck em

Fammaden
09-14-2020, 12:01 AM
If it's anything like nfl where they take a knee and stay in the locker room during the national anthem.

Fuck em

Why are they playing the national anthem to a stadium devoid of fans? Why should the players have to do anything about that one way or another? Just go play football. Do you have to stand and salute a flag every time you show up to work? Sports is just another TV show, do we need the anthem played before every TV show even when there's no live audience?

Baler
09-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Why are they playing the national anthem to a stadium devoid of fans? Why should the players have to do anything about that one way or another? Just go play football. Do you have to stand and salute a flag every time you show up to work? Sports is just another TV show, do we need the anthem played before every TV show even when there's no live audience?

Why does anyone give a shit about sports?
Because it's a distraction from real life.

Based on Greek Olympics used to distract the populous from problems in gov/society.
And they employ a large minority racial group to entertain the elite.

Chew on that for a while.

Castle2.0
09-14-2020, 12:07 AM
This is an injustice. A travesty. Shocking. Outrageous. I will NOT stand for this! This is America professional sports in 2020, bro. You shouldn't stand for it. You need to kneel ;)

ScottBerta
09-14-2020, 01:23 AM
Great thing about America... we have freedom to choose what we participate and don’t participate in. If a player doesn’t want to stand for the National Anthem, that’s their choice and right. If you don’t want to watch because of that it’s your choice and right. As for me, il be choosing to watch. Go Pack Go!!

Nirgon
09-14-2020, 06:49 AM
Are they gonna honor Jacob Blake again? lol

BlackBellamy
09-14-2020, 10:05 AM

Based on Greek Olympics used to distract the populous from problems in gov/society.

I think that take is a little cynical. What is the difference between a distraction and a unifying force? The former view is that of someone who feels like they need to escape, that society is bad and it's grinding them down and the government is on their back, and the latter is because they just want to come together with others in a shared activity. So I think that would be a matter of personal outlook.

As for the racial makeup, you're not implying the Denver Broncos hire a ton of black players for the sole reason of providing an "exotic other" for the viewers?

I understand the Bread & Circuses thing, having accessed the historical records (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_Circuses_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series )). Modern sports are not that. They're not being run by nations. They're businesses trying to make a buck under the banner of unification. I mean yeah distraction too, whatever brings you in with your wallet, but they promote the happier, more uplifting aspect. And really, no one I know says let's go to the game I want to forget my shitty life, it's always it's going to be great we're going to eat and drink and see everyone.

Oh yeah, what was my point? If your business depends on unification, it's really really bad to let your employees be the distraction.

GinnasP99
09-14-2020, 10:05 AM
TV, lol

douglas1999
09-14-2020, 04:20 PM
No justice no peace!! (this is what you say when you want to justify doing literally anything so find a good thing to burn down asap op)

charmcitysking
09-14-2020, 04:54 PM
Let’s go O’s

strongNpretty
09-14-2020, 04:58 PM
Great thing about America... we have freedom to choose what we participate and don’t participate in. If a player doesn’t want to stand for the National Anthem, that’s their choice and right. If you don’t want to watch because of that it’s your choice and right. As for me, il be choosing to watch. Go Pack Go!!

Seriously this.. Quit being such a bummer Baler.

Gwaihir
09-14-2020, 05:06 PM

Modern day Christians being fed to Lions for sport. Is that Kapernick gets sacked so much? Anyhow, time for my 2oclock meeting. Bowl series.

LazyHydras
09-18-2020, 03:44 PM
So I did some further digging, and it doesn't work on my LG tv, too.

Turns out that MLB dropped support for their app to be included natively on every smart TV out there. In order to get the MLB app on any of my smart TVs, I'd need to buy an amazon firestick or apple tv or use a game console.

That is pretty lame.

Mario 7
09-18-2020, 05:22 PM
People buy samsung tvs?

you ever heard of sony bravia?

Nevermind you dont have any money

LazyHydras
09-18-2020, 06:26 PM
People buy samsung tvs?

you ever heard of sony bravia?

Nevermind you dont have any money

I have 1 Samsung and 2 LG Smart TVs. Honestly, I found that LG makes a better product.

Mario 7
09-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Lg is such dogshit, anyone who has a LG Product in their house is dirt poor and probably a democrat, i feel bad for you

also your banned, probably for being poor

loser