PDA

View Full Version : Luminescent Staff questions

DaQue2
09-13-2020, 07:49 AM
45 Druid here saving for one of these but I am having second thoughts.

Can you really get a cast off without getting hit due to the 10 second cast time on ensnared mobs? Is the recast time the same 10 second cast time? It llooks like they got for about 5k plat and I am still saving but I have yet to see one come up in EC chat. Are they hard to come by? I would have had the 5k by now but I spent a lot on gear upgrades this week and finally got over 170 now my wisdom is 199 but will drop 6 when I go 2h blunt. Only thing bad is my 2h blunt is only 53 but both 1h skills are maxed

Petes meat
09-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Once the mob is snared run out of casting range and spam click the staff. When the mob is in range you'll have enough time to finish the cast before they get to you. Then repeat.

Take the staff to the aviak village in TD where the barage stops first. The birds there can get you from 45 > 53 before they start to go green. Use ensnare to slow them down. Regular snare will ware off before you can finish them.

You can sell the staff to the next druid for the same amount that you purchased it for and let the cycle of bird slaughtering continue.

Baler
09-13-2020, 09:38 AM
tl dr,..
mobs run at different speeds
keep them snared
start the cast at max range

DaQue2
09-13-2020, 12:28 PM
I wasn't sure if Max range would be enough... I guess it is.

Wackaveli
09-13-2020, 01:34 PM
Its worth it, you'll have enough time to get the cast off, and the items holds value incredibly well.

Mota
09-13-2020, 06:35 PM
100% worth.

You can basically powerlevel yourself from 46-49 (when you get your next AOE spell). And it's still super useful to have after that because you know... mana free dmg. I used it a lot quadding the othmirs in cobalt scar when my mana pool wasn't quite enough, would burn all my mana then finish off the quad with lumi staff.

Snaggles
09-15-2020, 01:10 AM
Well I bought one a long time ago for like 5k, went from 45-53 making thousands of plat, then sold it. Not quadding. Root, snare, click until dead.

Just another consideration.

Dreenk317
09-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Drolvargs in dreadlands too. Can levi up to the top of the wall of KC. Bind, go down, gather your kite, gate, then run down into the middle of KC, while still in dreadlands, its a huge empty square to kite in.

unleashedd
09-21-2020, 12:52 AM
Drolvargs in dreadlands too. Can levi up to the top of the wall of KC. Bind, go down, gather your kite, gate, then run down into the middle of KC, while still in dreadlands, its a huge empty square to kite in.

such a gross exploit but i love it. do you get social/proxy agro thru walls?

DaQue2
09-21-2020, 11:05 AM

Gate? Why gate? I usually bind in EC or the next zone to where I am camping. Died at gate point once and respawned just to die again

Dreenk317
09-21-2020, 12:30 PM
Because its much faster to get back to the top of the wall via gate, rather than running to the zone edge. Up the mountain, then turning and running back over the wall. All while not leashing your kite.

This was written for a druid, so I assume with ports, that binding somewhere random is not a big deal.

Also, can always change bind later