PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Post-Classic QoL Features on Blue

Midoo
09-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Please read, don't flame yet.

<assumption> As most of the hardcore Classic nostalgia population has migrated to Green </assumption> I suggest we take a more "post-Classic" approach to Blue. That doesn't mean we want Luclin or anything, but there's a lot of wonderful and convenient quality of life features the playerbase had throughout the decade of Blue's existence that we realized we could use, even in a pre-Luclin environment.

- DoT damage ticks displayed in the chat box
- Two hotbars
- Shadows
- Advanced Lighting
- Modern water and skybox
- Completing quests that were unfinished in Velious

I absolutely advocate the core content never moves past Velious, but a lot of the things that were removed across Blue's lifetime I wouldn't mind seeing again. We got pet windows back anyway and staff expressed a possible desire to add light Classic custom content, so Blue wouldn't just be a stagnant character graveyard stuck in a Luclin pre-patch limbo forever.

Just to be clear, some things from Luclin I would NEVER want:

- Luclin zones (except Jaggedpine Forest maybe)
- The absolutely hideous new models
- Bazaar in any form
- Beastlords
- AA points (they dilute class experience)

I would love Blue to be more modern and convenient without actually changing its content (or I'd be playing P2002). Blue could become the "lite" Classic experience and hardcore vanilla players looking for nostalgia value and an exact 100% recreation could play on Green.

Pretzelle
09-12-2020, 02:08 PM
Guild. Management. Tool.

Croco
09-12-2020, 04:05 PM
So you want them to revert all the changes that they've made in the past year or so? I like your moxy kid but good luck with that.

Midoo
09-12-2020, 06:03 PM
Well they've already said Blue won't be 100% classic because its playerbase mostly enjoys post-classic QoL features. That's how we got tab cycling and pet windows back.

Croco
09-12-2020, 06:45 PM
We only got those 2 features back after essentially the entire server revolted and under extreme duress the staff backed down. That was an unprecedented event in the history of the server.

monkeydoc
09-12-2020, 09:19 PM
I'd love to have QoL features like that on Blue. I doubt it will happen, but I would love it so.

SantagarBrax
09-13-2020, 02:56 AM
Here's one idea i'd like to see, and i don't know how difficult it would be to implement:

Rotating ZEM's every 60 days or so and the one caveat being you don't tell the server which zones were buffed / debuffed.

Make it a player experience in finding these buffed ZEM zones and they with a random rotation it adds a little spice and repopulates some of these places people don't hunt in anymore.

Can even do a triple tier deal: lower level , mid tier, upper tier.

I think it would be fun.

Evia
09-13-2020, 06:40 AM
Here's one idea i'd like to see, and i don't know how difficult it would be to implement:

Rotating ZEM's every 60 days or so and the one caveat being you don't tell the server which zones were buffed / debuffed.

Make it a player experience in finding these buffed ZEM zones and they with a random rotation it adds a little spice and repopulates some of these places people don't hunt in anymore.

I think it would be fun.

Toomuch
09-13-2020, 02:19 PM
There are some great ideas here. I'd really love some of these.

I'd also love it if they implemented some of the previously unfinished Kunark quests that they finally finished for the progression servers (though one or two would need to be reworked, based on zones available).

I'd also love the warders to be added back in, or like, maybe they are re-implemented as a super rare spawn, something like that.

Ciksharn
09-13-2020, 03:15 PM
Full stacks of mats to skill up tradeskills faster?

kaizersoze
09-13-2020, 04:13 PM
Full stacks of mats to skill up tradeskills faster?

Or the tradeskill window with the presets. I will never do them as they are now.

elwing
09-13-2020, 04:23 PM
Just give us a keyring...

MaCtastic
09-13-2020, 05:34 PM
Cats. From. The. Moon.

Thomacles
09-13-2020, 08:43 PM
-Guild toolbox
-Raid toolbox
-key ring
-bazaar (I ain't willing to spend hours in tunnel for an item that never shows up.)
-Preset spell icon configurations
-Raid/guild/group corpse drag
-DOT DAMAGE (Contrary to claims, not all DoTs even give you a wore off message)
-Map feature (seriously, the maps have been out for 2 decades, just friggin include them
already. Not everyone likes GINA)
-Autoloot (Places all your shit where it's supposed to go.)
-Pets that don't need reagents, or poof when you zone.

All of those would make life easier w/o affecting the gameplay.

Dreenk317
09-13-2020, 08:44 PM
SPELL SETS!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK SPELL SETS!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF SHAMANS, BRING BACK SPELL SETS!!! DO YOU HATE DRUIDS!?!?! IF NOT, BRING BACK SPELL SETS!!!!! HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT NECROS?!?! HATE THEM? NO? THEN BRING BACK SPELL SETS!!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER THE FUCK IT IS THAT YOU LOVE, AND HOLD NEAR AND DEAR, BRING BACK THE SPELL SETS!!!!!!!!!

#willbuythep99devssandwichesforspellsets

mycoolrausch
09-20-2020, 10:10 PM
In addition to quality of life fixes discussed above, i'd like to see some end-of-life balance changes to some particularly broken classes/mechanics that just happened to not get fixed until luclin:

-Warrior aggro (obviously over nerfed from the hate cap and immediately fixed in luclin)
-Tash aggro (tash is more aggro than malo + slow combined, silly and clearly broken)
-Wizards (velious wizards may be the most nerfed class in MMO history, not just eq)
-Druid healing at 60 maybe

If we're gonna have a server stuck in this time for all eternity I think it's fair to fix some of the outstanding issues which wouldn't upset any of the overall balance of power in velious.

Foxplay
09-20-2020, 11:00 PM
No

saftbudet
09-21-2020, 02:36 AM
Just give us a keyring...

This!

Ghost of Starman
09-21-2020, 06:26 AM
There are plenty of suggestions here that would in no way harm the spirit of classic, and regardless the GM's have made non-classic changes (rooted dragons, clickie and hate nerfs, non-classic drop rates on some items, etc). The argument that having a key ring or displaying DoT damage would somehow harm the spirit of classic given the above changes is kind of silly.

I think a good compromise would be to let the dorks on green server have the "classic" experience of not being able to mod their UIs or have keyrings or DoT damage, and let those of us who play on blue have the classic themed QOL changes.

Izmael
09-21-2020, 07:14 AM
DoT damage: who cares, everyone knows the numbers
Leashing: remove, unclassic and uncool
Pet window: put back completely (so UI buttons don't poof over client restarts)
Remove the forced /dyn lights: it's a nightmare for some of us
Keyring: no. Wasting inv/bank room on keys is part of the game.
Bazaar/spell sets/etc: FFS, no. This isn't QoL, but game-changing features
Reset ST periodically: just to rustle the jimmies of a few cry babies
Remove the AE limit: AE PL is part of the game and it's a shame it has been taken out.

Ghost of Starman
09-21-2020, 09:32 AM

Knowing DoT damage is very helpful for classes like Necro where Splurt has increasing damage per tick, makes it alot easier to time when to start casting so your new splurt hits right when the old one fades; I don't think you should have to have a highly customized GINA for something that would be so simple to fix.

LoganVivisected
09-21-2020, 09:33 AM

I think it would be fun.

This didn't really work out in green; Unrest and HHK are still packed meanwhile Perma and Runnyeye are usually BYOG. SolA and MM are ghost towns usually though. People are still creatures of habbit. If anything outdoor zones do seem to have a boost of players and higher level CT groups are a thing.

Runnyeye is so bizarre, don't get me wrong I love PLing there but you can fly through early levels with a good group and RV is one zone over for non-evil types. Even Neriak isn't the WORST run, especially if you grab an invis/sow at tunnel for evils.

Ennewi
09-21-2020, 09:44 AM
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/118980/players-argue-and-dont-accept-rulings-to-the-point-of-arguments

Players argue and don't accept rulings to the point of arguments
Asked 2 years, 6 months ago
Active 1 year, 6 months ago
Viewed 17k times

I have been running a long, epic campaign for 2 years now. Players have come and gone over time; about half have stayed since the beginning.

But since they acquired a higher level and well as knowledge of game mechanics (5e), they constantly antagonize me, the DM, in my rulings. They try to bend the rules and abuse every aspect of game mechanic to "put me in my place" and beat the game.

I constantly find myself telling them they can't do something. For example, one player wants to abuse the Bag of Holding by using it as a vehicle, "All players get inside and a dominated eagle carries us". When I told them that the bag has a limited space, he was visibly outraged.

Another time, they were racing against the bad guys through the Teleport through Plants spell of the druid. I made one of the bad guys' many mages then simply use the teleport spell, the players got angry at me again.

It has gotten to the point where I am not willing to play D&D because they are trying to wrestle all control from me as a DM, jumping and killing encounters I prepared with a lot of care and excitement (I put a lot of passion into my story, trying to keep it full with 3-dimensional characters, reoccurring themes, plot twists and dynamic relations. I even oil paint the most awesome moments that occur throughout the campaign).

I told them that the game can't be played if the DM can't have enough control to know what to prep, but then they argue that it can. I tell them that if the bad guys are a smart organization, of course I will let them outsmart the players, and I tell them that if they abuse the rules to do extreme things, why can't the Zhentarim do that too?

It's like they don't want to have me as a Dungeon Master and play my campaign, but they want me as a Dungeon Processor who runs their fantasies of unlimited power. And when I stop them, even with the best arguments, then I am the bad guy who is ruining their fun.

The problem though is, as sad as it might be, at this point of my life I've got nothing but D&D for fun. I work a night-shift job, and work on my degree during the day. I am constantly broke, and D&D, writing stories, making adventures, and running the campaign is all I have, so I am quite anxious about breaking up the campaign, as any normal DM would have done by now. Because then I will be left with nothing, and all the heart I put in to this campaign for the last 2 years will be dead in the water.

Is there anything I can do, or any suggested course of action to get my group back on track?

Croco
09-21-2020, 11:02 AM
Leashing: remove, unclassic and uncool
Pet window: put back completely (so UI buttons don't poof over client restarts)
Remove the forced /dyn lights: it's a nightmare for some of us
Keyring: no. Wasting inv/bank room on keys is part of the game.
Bazaar/spell sets/etc: FFS, no. This isn't QoL, but game-changing features
Reset ST periodically: just to rustle the jimmies of a few cry babies
Remove the AE limit: AE PL is part of the game and it's a shame it has been taken out.

I'm impressed with your level of cognitive dissonance that you were able to say adding a bazaar is game-changing but resetting ST was a-ok no problems at all. :confused:

The only thing adding a bazaar would do is make the server economy a million % better.

aaezil
09-21-2020, 11:09 AM
Leashing is in fact the most unclassic and uncool “feature” on p99. Remove immediately thanks

Izmael
09-23-2020, 05:56 PM
I'm impressed with your level of cognitive dissonance that you were able to say adding a bazaar is game-changing but resetting ST was a-ok no problems at all. :confused:

The only thing adding a bazaar would do is make the server economy a million % better.

Yeah, sure.

Been on live in the last 15 years? Bazar is a ghost town, economy is dead, it's boring af.

EC on P99 is fun and is a whole meta on its own.

GnomeLuvr
09-23-2020, 06:06 PM
All I want for Christmas is gnome shadowknights and halfling rangers.

kaizersoze
09-23-2020, 06:54 PM
all -i- want for christmas is armor dye

Croco
09-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Yeah, sure.

Been on live in the last 15 years? Bazar is a ghost town, economy is dead, it's boring af.

EC on P99 is fun and is a whole meta on its own.

This server is nothing like live. Either live as it was or live now. "EC on P99 is a dystopian wasteland designed to waste as much time as possible and frustrate everyone involved."

FTFY.

Asteria
09-25-2020, 12:15 AM
Might I suggest:

Guild wars on all P99 servers that let a level 60 fight a level 1(and all levels in between) in the opposing guild everywhere across all zones if their guild is at war with another - Could throw in money loot and possibly 1 item loot for extra fun/hijynx
A few days or more every month at a random interval(unexpected), several major raid zones are flagged PVP to everyone in them (and allow level 1s to PVP w level 60s) - Do this also on all P99 servers. Please do this right after a quake for more fun - but wait 20+ minutes to flag everyone in those raid zones PVP

I'm a little surprised no guild wars seem to exist? I say that because how often guild squabbles seem to be fought with annoying/less entertaining things like petitionquest and lawyerquest.

Ghost of Starman
09-25-2020, 09:03 AM
If people actually enjoyed PVP in EQ The red server would have more than 10 people on it. Bad ideas.

Nagoya
09-25-2020, 10:31 AM
- DoT damage ticks displayed in the chat box
- Two hotbars
- Shadows
- Advanced Lighting
- Modern water and skybox
- Completing quests that were unfinished in Velious

Good post OP.
I say yes to all of this.
And pretty much no to everything else in this thread.

My only egotistical exception would be the SK/Pal/Ranger for Gnome/Halfling. But honestly I would maybe Nay myself even on these for consistancy's sake.

But your 6 suggestions are really spot on for non-breaking tiny QoL features that Blue could definitely support.

Crede
09-25-2020, 12:03 PM
Good post OP.
I say yes to all of this.
And pretty much no to everything else in this thread.

My only egotistical exception would be the SK/Pal/Ranger for Gnome/Halfling. But honestly I would maybe Nay myself even on these for consistancy's sake.

But your 6 suggestions are really spot on for non-breaking tiny QoL features that Blue could definitely support.

We need those Gnome SKS for ultimate solo build with 40% clicky haste

Nagoya
09-25-2020, 08:33 PM
Oh I'd play the shit out of them for sure don't get me wrong. But classic is classic, blablabla. However OP's suggestions wouldn't change the spirit of the project at all. Maybe just the "complete the quests" part that is borderline.

Sonark
09-27-2020, 01:49 AM
For any of the solutions or changes you guys want, you have to abuse something to such an extent that the devs will be forced to change the way something works to what you want it to be.

That's the only time they ever really back down. When enough people get toxic enough that they finally just say "ENOUGH" and then send everyone to bed without dessert.

Sonark
09-27-2020, 01:54 AM
Yeah, sure.

EC on P99 is fun and is a whole meta on its own.Bazaar is fill of traders and buyers on Live, and the wheels of the economy are still turning.

A krono isn't 2million platinum for no reason, chum.

Izmael
09-27-2020, 06:12 AM
Bazaar is fill of traders and buyers on Live

Bazaar is full of BOTS on live. Not my idea of a fun and thriving place.

Trexller
09-27-2020, 08:17 AM
devs dont give a fucking fuck about blue/red

Every change they have made post final velious patch has fucked over something on blue.

These guys need to decide what their plan is and stick to it. QOL on blue is totally fucked. Pathing? Dots? Click recharges? dynamic lighting, it goes on.

Why do we on blue have to pay the price for the epic abortion afterbirth mess that is Green?

Theres tons of great ideas in this thread and others. You devs need to abandon the myth that at the end of the green run that the playerbase will be copied/pasted to blue and restart green. You *might* restart green, but the existing playerbase will revolt and quit if you attempt to remove them from the server they grew to love. Green 2.0 numbers will be embarassing. Your idea about "merging" green to blue is a pipe dream at best.

So put on your reality hats and just step up and admit that blue is a totally different world from green, stop fucking over blue and make real QOL adjustments.

Like it or not, talk shit all you want, blue is still and will remain the heart of P99

Ennewi
09-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Reality hats?

lookitsjb
09-27-2020, 02:25 PM
devs dont give a fucking fuck about blue/red

Every change they have made post final velious patch has fucked over something on blue.

These guys need to decide what their plan is and stick to it. QOL on blue is totally fucked. Pathing? Dots? Click recharges? dynamic lighting, it goes on.

Why do we on blue have to pay the price for the epic abortion afterbirth mess that is Green?

Theres tons of great ideas in this thread and others. You devs need to abandon the myth that at the end of the green run that the playerbase will be copied/pasted to blue and restart green. You *might* restart green, but the existing playerbase will revolt and quit if you attempt to remove them from the server they grew to love. Green 2.0 numbers will be embarassing. Your idea about "merging" green to blue is a pipe dream at best.

So put on your reality hats and just step up and admit that blue is a totally different world from green, stop fucking over blue and make real QOL adjustments.

Like it or not, talk shit all you want, blue is still and will remain the heart of P99

To be honest, I agree with all of this.

In fact, I think the devs dropped the ball by removing those QoL features because of Green. It would have been just-as-easy to implement those changes on a green-only .zip, and players could install the patch on a separate titanium installation directly for when they want to play Green. (Think retail vs. classic WoW)

Croco
09-27-2020, 06:15 PM
Bazaar is full of BOTS on live. Not my idea of a fun and thriving place.

If you want to have fun talking and interacting with people you have guildchat and discord. If you want to buy something the best way to do it is from merchants, whether that's npc merchants or real merchants.

You want 1 zone to function for 2 different purposes. Very few people want to sit around wasting time haggling or being unlucky to not be online at the same time as the person who has the item they want.

Bazaar was the single best quality of life change that ever happened to everquest.

Thomacles
09-27-2020, 07:46 PM
If you want to have fun talking and interacting with people you have guildchat and discord. If you want to buy something the best way to do it is from merchants, whether that's npc merchants or real merchants.

You want 1 zone to function for 2 different purposes. Very few people want to sit around wasting time haggling or being unlucky to not be online at the same time as the person who has the item they want.

Bazaar was the single best quality of life change that ever happened to everquest.

This right here. I don't have unlimited gaming time. I wanna play, not wait for an item that may or may not show up.

The bazaar was like a big shopping center. Pop in. Oh, there's my item. Or nope, not available atm. And move on to play the game.

Baler
09-27-2020, 08:12 PM
Bazaar would limit player socialization and drive down the number of accounts logged in, in EC. It won't happen for the 'health of the server'.

takp has proof of this and they even allow boxing over there.

Croco
09-28-2020, 12:35 AM
Bazaar would limit player socialization and drive down the number of accounts logged in, in EC. It won't happen for the 'health of the server'.

takp has proof of this and they even allow boxing over there.

then introduce the nexus as well, there's your meeting point for socialization and player interaction

I'm not sure you can even call what happens in EC as player socalization though. The "health of the server" would improve dramatically when people don't have to deal with the BS of the EC tunnel like Caros. I personally don't have a problem with him but if I had 1 plat for every time one of my guildies cursed that name in guildchat I could buy a dozen manastones.

Ennewi
09-28-2020, 04:21 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86584&page=2

Tethler
09-28-2020, 04:44 AM
I'll advocate for a shared bank slot until my dying breath.

Jauna
09-28-2020, 05:35 AM
Id rather shit that would be small, yet noticeable. tldr its mostly regen/mana

Druid ac/hp buffline: 1hp/mana a tick per rank.
shaman/druid regen spells mana cost reduction and maybe lowering levels acquired
Adding hp regen to shaman Stamina buff lines. 1hp per rank
INT caster Shielding spells: 1mana a tick every other rank
Wizard Skin spells giving 1mana a tick per rank
Lowered cost of fletching items, higher yield of fletched arrow combines, and able to stack arrows to 100 or 200, 10 slot quivers and ranger only bows that are worth a fuck. not just at max level either. if knights can get tailor made 2h/1h weapons i dont see why a ranger couldnt get away with a 15/30 bow or somesuch.
Adding lower level variants of hybrid 50+ quirklike spells. SKs getting lower level Shroud taps, rangers getting lower levels SoN/predator, paladins divine thing.
Giving paladins resurrects earlier. 0% at 39, 50% at 49, 90% at 55.
Universal because too many to name: Lowered level and longer duration of "sight" spells for all applicable classes, heat, infra, deadeye, etc

I mainly only want more mana regen to Wizards somehow. Even when grouped with an enchanter it still sucks and if soloing you better have a handful of cash for jboots and the patience of a GM during an earthquake to med between quads.

Sonark
09-28-2020, 07:22 AM
Bazaar is full of BOTS on live. Not my idea of a fun and thriving place.You leave your character in-game with the items you want to sell at whatever price you decide.

The amount of undercutting that would finally happen, which this over-bloated server needs, would be a breath of fresh air.

Every change made to this game on Live is one that makes the game less of a hassle to play. I understand, vaguely, the idea of sticking to the hassle, but most of it is just posturing. Adhering to the idea that suffering in an easily fixable way makes you a better person, and a better player of a game you like.

Arkaan
09-29-2020, 06:45 PM
There several things you could do that would be an extremely minimal deviance from classic while providing real QoL benefits.

Such as in the INN in felwithe you can buy a room key, but you cant use them to lock the door.

It would be nice to be able to purchase a room key and go inside a room and lock the door. While inside, you could click the key on the door to lock it from opening from the outside Just split door entity to make a door with an inside and outside layer with different click actions. The key after first use will generate a new temporary internal ID which is tied to the door. I don't know if there is any client certificate or crypto going on, but it would be nice if your client would always "have access" for the duration of that particular key. Even if it were related to your clients IP or something.

So you could drop no rent items in there and they would last for the duration of the key, or log on with another char to safely transfer items.

I don't know about y'all but often times I need to transfer items and wind up trying to find a good hiding spot rather than bugging someone to help. In either case you're at risk of items poofing or being stolen.

There are so many INNs in the game, they all have innkeeps. Would be nice if they were used.

Croco
09-29-2020, 07:25 PM
https://video-images.vice.com/articles/5b5050c2571ae100073a2ef9/lede/1531998419065-snort-cocaine.jpeg

Picture of Arkaan immediately before posting the above comment.

Izmael
09-30-2020, 04:13 AM
Feels good knowing that N&R have an orthodox vision of classic EQ which happens to almost completely match mine, and therefore we'll never see any Luclin+ heresy on P99.

sydbarrett25
09-30-2020, 09:56 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86584&page=2

Solist
10-01-2020, 12:01 AM
Leashing is in fact the most unclassic and uncool “feature” on p99. Remove immediately thanks

Leashing is classic as fuck. Just not with the permanant memwipe component. Mobs would
Leash, and then if you returned within a radius of the mob (from memory outside of view range/horizon still) they would reaggro and run to you.

Was obvious as heck in zone like dreamlands where an hour would pass and you’d be running around KC and this mob would beeline for you.

Solist
10-01-2020, 12:03 AM
How about a bazaar that takes a cut from sales. A random dice roll from 1% to 15% is taken and disappears off the server.

Removes plat. Win.

karekiz
10-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Certain QoL
SSRA + Bane dmg cause greenmist.

SSRA because SSRA

Ampsonic
10-10-2020, 04:22 PM
That's how we got tab cycling and pet windows back.

Literally hopped back onto the forums to see if tab cycling and pet windows were back on Blue. I might actually start playing again :B

Coriander
10-11-2020, 11:44 AM
I also wish for QoL changes I have fond memories of.

Remember targeting something and seeing the /con color in the Target window?! OhhHhhh... that's the good stuff.

Croco
10-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Leashing is classic as fuck. Just not with the permanant memwipe component. Mobs would
Leash, and then if you returned within a radius of the mob (from memory outside of view range/horizon still) they would reaggro and run to you.

Was obvious as heck in zone like dreamlands where an hour would pass and you’d be running around KC and this mob would beeline for you.

I'm not sure when you played "classic" but there was no leashing in the game for at least half a decade maybe more. Not sure if they put it in after dragons of norrath when I stopped playing regularly but it's 100% not classic. I remember playing WoW when it first came out and trying to "pull" mobs only to watch them leash after a certain distance thinking wtf is going on here?!

Leashing is not classic.

MaCtastic
10-12-2020, 03:53 AM
Please go back to EQ's 3 times a month at random.

Coriander
10-12-2020, 06:28 PM
I also wish for a few minor and some major things. Spell Sets, Keyrings, Armor Dyes...

I'd also love the cats again. Maybe not Luclin, and the awful high-res graphics, just the cats.

It would be supreme of classic-style Frogloks were playable, they already have animations...

Pretzelle
10-12-2020, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure when you played "classic" but there was no leashing in the game for at least half a decade maybe more. Not sure if they put it in after dragons of norrath when I stopped playing regularly but it's 100% not classic. I remember playing WoW when it first came out and trying to "pull" mobs only to watch them leash after a certain distance thinking wtf is going on here?!

Leashing is not classic.
in 2001? 2002? mobs definitely leashed the way he described. You'd run away, they'd stop and not pursue you after a certain distance but would automatically re-aggro if you got close again.

Croco
10-13-2020, 05:56 AM
you guys are on crack, during classic mobs would chase you and would not stop chasing you, no matter how far you ran, the only way to stop it was fd and hope for a mem wipe, zone, or die

Izmael
10-13-2020, 06:13 AM
This ^

Think leashing was introduced at the end of Velious or maybe in Luclin.

Def should be removed from P99.

busted
10-14-2020, 12:39 AM
+1 for DoT damage ticks displayed in the chat box.

For what it's worth, playing classes that are dot-based got a little boring after this change went live.

Sure you can read wiki, do math, and calculate your damage but c'mon.

Imagine if nukes didn't display the damage they did for other classes...

Dot damage was in p99 blue for so long it felt classic to me

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Issar
10-20-2020, 08:41 PM
A filthy casual server (Brown?) with instanced raiding b/c jobs and families are a thing.