PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper

Kintronics
09-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Say Green never awakes the Sleeper. What will happen at the time of Green and Blue merging? Will Blue get warders back?

Baler
09-12-2020, 11:37 AM
A Green thread in the Blue server chat section. That was your first mistake
Your second mistake was even thinking the sleeper won't be woken.

This is a bad thread and that's the truth.

Sleeper will be targeted by the biggest raid guild(s) who can key the fastest for the smallest required numbers to start farming warders. Then they'll deny everyone else those pixels and become the most hated guild on green by waking up the sleeper. Sealing the fate on green as a dead server and making people ask when a new progression server will be started.

conoutoftrol
09-12-2020, 11:43 AM
A Green thread in the Blue server chat section. That was your first mistake
Your second mistake was even thinking the sleeper won't be woken.

This is a bad thread and that's the truth.

Sleeper will be targeted by the biggest raid guild(s) who can key the fastest for the smallest required numbers to start farming warders. Then they'll deny everyone else those pixels and become the most hated guild on green by waking up the sleeper. Sealing the fate on green as a dead server and making people ask when a new progression server will be started.

conoutoftrol
09-12-2020, 11:44 AM
I think it would be funny if as soon as the sleeper gets woken up on green it triggers an instant merge with blue.

Congrats, you played yourself.

Videri
09-12-2020, 11:53 AM
Say Green never awakes the Sleeper. What will happen at the time of Green and Blue merging? Will Blue get warders back?

Remember that it won’t be “Green and Blue merging.” The character database from Green will be copy-pasted into the character database of Blue. Doing so will not reset the Sleeper/Warders.

elwing
09-12-2020, 12:29 PM
Fairly sure the warders won't stay up for more than 1.5months on green, 2 at best

kaev
09-12-2020, 12:49 PM
I think it would be funny if as soon as the sleeper gets woken up on green it triggers an instant merge with blue.

I think it would be fun if when the sleeper wakes on Green it triggers a move of all associated characters to blue (broad brush, guildtag only part of it, all the chars associated with all the players involved in the triggering guild, gotta catch 'em all), leaving the rest of green to play on without them.

The sleeper and his warders would be gone, of course. And a few players who had moles in the triggering guild would disappear along with the "winners". But the deliciousness of an omelette does require the sacrifice of some eggs.

kaizersoze
09-12-2020, 05:30 PM

instant wipe would be funnier.

Tunabros
09-14-2020, 11:23 AM
pretty unlikely the sleeper will not be slain
but if it is kept up by the time it merges
cant be too sure
but server merges means more legacy items in the economy!

unleashedd
09-23-2020, 06:09 AM
never wake him. let others get some primals

jacobi
09-23-2020, 06:43 AM
For un-classic flavour, it'd be novel to make Sleeper's Tomb into a one-off PvP zone. Make the top alpha neckbeard guild really earn that warder loot, before the sun sets on Green server.

Freakish
09-23-2020, 07:05 AM
For un-classic flavour, it'd be novel to make Sleeper's Tomb into a one-off PvP zone. Make the top alpha neckbeard guild really earn that warder loot, before the sun sets on Green server.

Wouldn't the smart move then be to farm warders until you get competition.and then kill the warders so you don't have to deal with pvp on your pve raids?

kaizersoze
09-23-2020, 07:50 AM
Wouldn't the smart move then be to farm warders until you get competition.and then kill the warders so you don't have to deal with pvp on your pve raids?

all you would need to do is kill your competition's clerics / necros and if they die, they're out of ST and all their loot to boot. ST keys arent soulbound after all.

Nuggie
09-23-2020, 10:29 AM
I will be that guy.

never wake him. let others get some primals

Primal still drops from the golems, eh?

YendorLootmonkey
09-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Please keep in mind that waking the Sleeper is like winning the Superbowl for the sociopathic subset of players here who can only experience erections by denying pixels to others.

Solist
09-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Why would it matter, when green is already more toxic and more of a shithole than blue ever was, and on par with red at its worst.

Who cares what happens there.

xdrcfrx
09-23-2020, 12:38 PM
1) add the ancients, which were added later in the timeline to replace the warders. Tinker with loot tables as desired - warder loot would be cool, but more chances for primal weapons also nice by itself. For extra lulz, root them requiring like in ToV to prevent exploitive zone pulls.

2) add the essence lens quest, which is actually in-era appropriate since sleeper has been awakened.

3) ST is now an additional, viable, raid zone which is beneficial to a server locked in velious forever.

7thGate
09-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Even with no pvp, just making it a no CSR zone would
A) Make it easier on GMs that now don't have to deal with petitions from there
and
B) Create a proxy train based semi-pvp environment.

I wonder if getting trained during the engage would be sufficient to stop the warders from all being killed, or if it would eventually happen anyway.

xdrcfrx
09-23-2020, 01:19 PM
Even with no pvp, just making it a no CSR zone would
A) Make it easier on GMs that now don't have to deal with petitions from there
and
B) Create a proxy train based semi-pvp environment.

I wonder if getting trained during the engage would be sufficient to stop the warders from all being killed, or if it would eventually happen anyway.

If the engage had sufficient goal tenders, maybe wouldn't be fatal, but you can bring a whole mess of mobs down there. I can't imagine it being anything other than a wipe.

Baler
09-23-2020, 02:35 PM
I just can't get past the reality. Guilds will key as fast as possible for ST. Which means it will be 1 or 2 guilds at max working the mobs in ST. It's not like anyone and everyone can walk into ST and get warder loot. You have to be someone, generally with no life.

pvp zone wide? Who cares,. 1 guild there anyways.
No CSR? who cares,. 1 guild there anyways.

I don't think everyone grasps how exclusive it will be early on, on green.
There wont be 7 years of kunark to gear multiple guilds/players in preparation for velious.

kaizersoze
09-23-2020, 03:22 PM
I just can't get past the reality. Guilds will key as fast as possible for ST. Which means it will be 1 or 2 guilds at max working the mobs in ST. It's not like anyone and everyone can walk into ST and get warder loot. You have to be someone, generally with no life.

pvp zone wide? Who cares,. 1 guild there anyways.
No CSR? who cares,. 1 guild there anyways.

I don't think everyone grasps how exclusive it will be early on, on green.
There wont be 7 years of kunark to gear multiple guilds/players in preparation for velious.

100%.

Not only will 99.99% of green players not get warder loot, but even most of the KEYED people probably wont get any decent warder loot. People have probably joined the top guild that will stay on top unless things change, save all their DKP, then blow their loads all over ST keys and the first good warder loot there is. I'd honestly expect like a 10k dkp warder loot item.