PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Shaman level 19 Spell : Affliction , Not doing correct damage at all really low!

visage
05-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Currently the level 19 spell for shaman "Affliction" Is doing 30 dmg first hit , and only 6 damage a tick. I tested this on multiple mobs using a disease debuff etc. Still only 6 dmg . I remember this on live to be 30 damage a tick. Sources from Google , Alla etc mirror this too. Therefore I believe this spell is broken. Making it hard for level 19 shamans to solo efficiently. Thank you for your time.

visage
05-13-2011, 11:21 AM
I noticed that going through old forums post. Some are claiming this was scaled back in 2005. Which is incorrect. I have a Prima The Ruins of Kunark Guide which was printed in 2003. It list affliction doing 30 dmg initially , then 20 - 24 dmg a tick. Therefore the 2005 spell update would be incorrect. This spell wasn't altered and shows no evidence of doing so. Yes I noticed some sites are listing it as 6 dmg a tick. However these sites through the way back machine I think are incorrect on the spell itself. This damage is more inline with infectious cloud. Affliction was always 20 - 24 dmg a tick or so. Unfortunetly there is not that much information to go off of. Unless you have the guide. You can also download the Ebook of the guide with the revised edition with strategy explaining shaman solo etc.

Taryth
05-13-2011, 11:58 AM
03 is PoP, so that guide is absolutely irrelevant.

http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=320

That is the real spell value, and that is how I recall it being in classic. Think about it . . .that spell can last over two minutes. It costs 75 mana. At 20/tick, do you really think that sounds like a classic spell for a lvl 19 Shm?

Messianic
05-13-2011, 12:17 PM
The spell as it is in game now is correct:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29317&highlight=affliction

Extunarian
05-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I feel for shamans who have to get from 19-34 with a gimp affliction and proper dot stacking. I guess there is always grouping...

skorge
05-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I feel for shamans who have to get from 19-34 with a gimp affliction and proper dot stacking. I guess there is always grouping...

it's not gimp, its how it was in classic, and the reason this server exists...before this change it was way overpowered to the point where most shaman were using a level 19 spell at level 35+

Extunarian
05-13-2011, 03:19 PM
it's not gimp, its how it was in classic, and the reason this server exists...before this change it was way overpowered to the point where most shaman were using a level 19 spell at level 35+

I know it's classic, but compared to what many of the current 50+ shamans leveled with it is gimp. New shamans have it harder, is all I was saying.

visage
05-14-2011, 04:54 AM
Going over the information. I stand corrected. Forgive me I thought I was on to something. My apologies for wasting valuable staff time.