PDA

View Full Version : WTS Blood Fire

Babittle
09-12-2020, 04:27 AM
Blood Fuego - 25k

Ransurian
09-13-2020, 09:47 AM
25k for a ratio weapon that's about to be totally obsolete in ~50 days, give or take? No fuego para mi. As a warning / FYI to any warriors looking to buy this, Blood Fire's proc generates next to no aggro. There's a reason it sells for ~500 plat on Blue.

Soothsayer
09-13-2020, 11:40 AM
Can anyone confirm that Blood Fire proc doesn't generate much aggro? That really blows if it's true, I thought DoT procs generated a ton of hate =/

Castle2.0
09-13-2020, 03:27 PM
I believe procs of spells that are not "owned" by that class do not create the same aggro as the spell "owned" by the class.

For example, if a bard uses a weapon that procs Tishan's Clash, it will not have the same aggro as a Wizard casting their own spell Tishan's Clash.

I cannot 100% confirm because I can't find the patch notes on this, but I believe this was changed and I remember warriors grumbling about it.

Careful Ransurian, even if everything you are saying is totally accurate (and it is) you can't disparage someone's WTS thread. Feel free to start a thread in the Main Green forum if you think it's really worth noting. Or else, you may get in trouble. I know from personal experience.

*FREE BUMP*

NPC
09-13-2020, 06:34 PM
Well you cant stack the same DoT so if this procs it wont hit again till after the DoT that landed wears off 7 ticks(1min+) later. So ya hate on this sucks. Yaks proc DD, that can hit over an over instantly.

Castle2.0
09-14-2020, 01:02 PM
You won't get additional hate for the damage of the DoT overwriting, but I believe there is hate for casting the spell on NPC.

One way to test is have Player A cast a DoT on a mob and wait a few tics. Then have Player B cast the same DoT twice to overwrite Player A's DoT and Player B's first DoT. I think the mob will aggro Player B even though they have done less damage because they had cast twice on the mob and Player A only cast once.

Blood Fire does 24dmg/tic and is MUCH less resistable than Ykesha. It's also fire, not magic, a huge bonus. Will do same damage as Ykesha in 3 tics. Average proc rate for a weapon is what? Once per minute?