PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else canceling Netflix?

Grumph
09-10-2020, 10:00 PM
Um, their new stuff sounds bad enough that its worth considering cancelation?

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1304105209275314176?s=20

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1304173307189698562?s=20

https://twitter.com/Boomieleaks/status/1296228853598298114?s=20

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cuties
Critics: 88% from 32 ratings
Audience: 3% from 1047 ratings

Vdaria
09-10-2020, 10:15 PM
conservatives really are shit

Vdaria
09-10-2020, 10:15 PM
i mean this isn't even my opinion, conservatives are just shit people with doo-doo in their souls.

DMN
09-10-2020, 10:25 PM
conservatives really are shit

Well this explains why everyone I meet from venerate is a fucking moron.

Albanwr
09-10-2020, 10:37 PM
No, I will just choose not to watch it. There are lots of strange, and sick things on the internet that I simply don't watch. You too have that choice.

Nuggie
09-10-2020, 10:50 PM
good job putting politics into your EQ Vdaria. See how quickly that devolves?

Spergand
09-10-2020, 11:34 PM
Sorry it took you this long to realize your being mind controlled, sincerely

Spergand
09-10-2020, 11:34 PM
Surprised all the gay butt sex and whatnot didn't set off your spiderman sense

Woke Locc
09-10-2020, 11:45 PM
The French make fucked up movies and art

Netflix has some aight shows

tsuchang
09-11-2020, 12:04 AM
I tried a month subscription a few years ago and didn't see very many movies I wanted to watch.
Canceled then and still don't feel I missed anything.
Cripes, I have EQ to play and Royal Road stories to read. Both are free. Life is good.

Tunabros
09-11-2020, 12:25 AM
cancelling netflix
what they gonna do? lol

adichi
09-11-2020, 12:31 AM
can't cancel an account that you don't own :^)

Jauna
09-11-2020, 03:19 AM
I keep hearing about this fucking movie everywhere and its feeling like advertisement at this point.

OP do you want me to watch Cuties! or not?

SantagarBrax
09-11-2020, 04:14 AM
Politics aside, my personal tastes burn out on Netflix within 2 months or so and I unsubscribe and wait 6-9 months before i subscribe again.

Rinse and repeat.

DoodyLich666
09-11-2020, 07:22 AM
Netflix used to be the shit in the days when they had the rights to show more classic films and tv shows. Now that they primarily work as a platform to make their own shit it has really been on the decline. Most of the Netflix original releases are just terrible, and they survive only on one or two of them catching a bunch of hype when they release.

Grumph
09-11-2020, 08:49 AM
I keep hearing about this fucking movie everywhere and its feeling like advertisement at this point.

OP do you want me to watch Cuties! or not?

No. From what little I’ve heard - I’d recommend avoiding it.

And I agree, even seeing or hearing a few comments about Netflix’s recent production is personally unsettling to the point of wishing it would all go away.

I’d also like to see the United Nations dissolved, for similar reasons.

Ok how about this:

Does anyone else think criminal charges need to be brought against Netflix (and/or employees)?

Spergand
09-11-2020, 09:34 AM
I'm thinking if less people gave netflix power it would go away. If less people cared about un it would go away. Your existence is a compilation of what the masses will accept or what they like.

Ligma
09-11-2020, 10:06 AM
Yeah, you should totally do whatever nazi rapists like Mike Cernovich says.

"The hotter the sex, the more closely it resembles rape."

https://archive.is/d6K6v

"You can't rape the willing."

https://archive.is/Fxhia#selection-2085.1-2085.28

"Have you guys ever tried "raping" a girl without using force? Try it. It's basically impossible. Date rape does not exist."

http://archive.is/S0Sra

"Rape via an alpha male is different from other forms of rape. We can't really understand this, as our culture is too detached from instinct."

http://archive.is/fJsiG

"When in Doubt, Whip it Out"

https://web.archive.org/web/20160318163008/http://www.dangerandplay.com/2012/02/27/when-masturbation-leads-to-a-close/

"I went from libertarian to alt-right after realizing tolerance only went one way and diversity is code for white genocide."

http://archive.is/JtEAY

aaezil
09-11-2020, 10:06 AM
Sorry you’re mad about online tv

Henlolizar
09-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Dang cancel culture snowflakes at it again I see.

Woke Locc
09-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Dang cancel culture snowflakes at it again I see.

only platform the French in their traditional style

elkboot
09-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Stop paying for anything related to television: https://www.stremio.com/

Jibartik
09-11-2020, 02:23 PM
I was flipping through netflix last night to watch a movie and saw the preview for this and thought I should be sent to jail for having looked at it.

DMN
09-11-2020, 03:09 PM
I don't watch TV or movies.The last time I watched TV was 9/11 and before that I used to watch "Mad About You" cause I had a major crush on Helen Hunt. Last movie I watched was fellowship of the ring -- release day.

elkboot
09-11-2020, 03:45 PM
I don't watch TV or movies.The last time I watched TV was 9/11 and before that I used to watch "Mad About You" cause I had a major crush on Helen Hunt. Last movie I watched was fellowship of the ring -- release day.

Thank you for consuming 20 year old elf simulator content rather than Hollywood tomatoes.

Patriam1066
09-11-2020, 04:02 PM

You didn’t watch the two towers or return of the king? Poor follow through my friend, LOTR was a good trilogy

DMN
09-11-2020, 04:09 PM
You didn’t watch the two towers or return of the king? Poor follow through my friend, LOTR was a good trilogy

Newp. I've seen a lot of content snipped out of the movies on youtube channels and whatnot, like the battle of helms deep, the ents curb stomping saruman etc but never the movies themselves.

Vdaria
09-12-2020, 04:30 AM
Well this explains why everyone I meet from venerate is a fucking moron.

Dang dude, I was being ironic. "doo-doo in their soul"? who talks like that? i'm genuinely surprised you took that seriously, lol

BlackBellamy
09-12-2020, 07:57 AM
I was flipping through netflix last night to watch a movie and saw the preview for this and thought I should be sent to jail for having looked at it.

I read Lolita. Lolita is pedo-bait but Lolita is also literature.

Cuties is just pedo-bait. There is no art here; slow motion upskirt shots of prepubescent girls twerking. The director knew exactly what he was doing. Arousing men who are attracted to children.

Rader
09-13-2020, 07:10 AM
So now the right is buying into cancel culture

F you all

BlackBellamy
09-13-2020, 09:28 AM
LOL @ 'cancel culture'.

Estrangement and banishment are two of the oldest social control mechanisms known to humanity. Some troublemaker starts to cause trouble, you lead him out to the wilderness at the point of a spear and tell him "you go that way never come back". Apparently society protecting itself from deviants is now something negative. Let's nurture the pedophiles instead. Welcome everybody, the gyrating nine-year olds are this way! We have to accept all viewpoints in our modern pluralistic society.

Baler
09-13-2020, 09:31 AM
I remember hearing about this trash a couple months ago. Why do people give a shit now?
Oh because the media machine told them to care.

sick and disturbing, both the show and how people only care what the media tells them to care about.

Jibartik
09-13-2020, 01:30 PM
So now the right is buying into cancel culture

F you all

To be fair they were the masters of it, making us think everything from board games to metal music to hip hop was all devil worship. :o

Cuties is for sure devil worship though.

Gwaihir
09-13-2020, 02:25 PM
I already cancelled Netflix over 2 years ago, when 1 in every 4 couples on every series was a gay couple with graphic scenes of sodomy interjected into every storyline.

Am I bigot? Perhaps so, but that doesn't mean my hard earned money has to go toward funding a corporate empire that glorifies depicting graphic sex scenes of dudes getting pinned up against a wall and railed by some other man.

Jibartik
09-13-2020, 02:27 PM
I liked their 2015-2019 run, there was a lot of bad sci fi and I love love love bad sci fi!

Convict
09-13-2020, 02:43 PM
I read Lolita. Lolita is pedo-bait but Lolita is also literature.

Cuties is just pedo-bait. There is no art here; slow motion upskirt shots of prepubescent girls twerking. The director knew exactly what he was doing. Arousing men who are attracted to children.

I have a hard time believing pedophilia is prominent enough to be marketable

douglas1999
09-13-2020, 02:59 PM
I have a hard time believing pedophilia is prominent enough to be marketable

Why? Do you have some insight into how many pedophiles exist?

Spergand
09-13-2020, 03:09 PM
I think it's more about social conditioning

Convict
09-13-2020, 04:33 PM
Why? Do you have some insight into how many pedophiles exist?

well no. I just dont think its prominent. How many pedophiles do you know? I've never met a single one, I don't think pedophiles are hiding around every corner perving on all the preteen girls running around dressing suggestively nowadays. One thing I do know is that its clear that the overall majority of society loathes and vilifies pedophilia more than almost any other form of moral depravity, and in some cases pedophiles are hated more than even murderers.

So the director trying to market such a product just for the sake of "arousing men attracted to children", even if it is a possible byproduct of the true goal seems highly unlikely to me

I think spergand is more on the right track in that its social conditioning, to which purpose idk yet

Raev
09-13-2020, 04:46 PM
I think spergand is more on the right track in that its social conditioning, to which purpose idk yet

https://ia802300.us.archive.org/8/items/rofschildv1/IAmARofschildAxeMeAQuestion.html

is long but might be interesting for you

douglas1999
09-13-2020, 05:24 PM
well no. I just dont think its prominent. How many pedophiles do you know? I've never met a single one, I don't think pedophiles are hiding around every corner perving on all the preteen girls running around dressing suggestively nowadays. One thing I do know is that its clear that the overall majority of society loathes and vilifies pedophilia more than almost any other form of moral depravity, and in some cases pedophiles are hated more than even murderers.

So the director trying to market such a product just for the sake of "arousing men attracted to children", even if it is a possible byproduct of the true goal seems highly unlikely to me

Well it's worth noting that pedophiles probably don't advertise the fact that they are pedophiles for the reasons you noted, but the main issue with this movie is that the roles were actually portrayed by actual real life young girls, who have no way to consent to this shit in any kind of informed way. The director can say all he wants that it's some kind of critique of hyper sexualization in culture, but.... his super progressive movie still required that young girls *actually had to do this*.

Spergand
09-13-2020, 05:31 PM
The serpent deceived me, and I ate.

Convict
09-13-2020, 05:34 PM
Well it's worth noting that pedophiles probably don't advertise the fact that they are pedophiles for the reasons you noted, but the main issue with this movie is that the roles were actually portrayed by actual real life young girls, who have no way to consent to this shit in any kind of informed way. The director can say all he wants that it's some kind of critique of hyper sexualization in culture, but.... his super progressive movie still required that young girls *actually had to do this*.

IDD, but it stilll makes more sense to me to be more upset at the parents for even allowing their daughters to participate in this to begin with, than the director/producer/audience/etc. And I really havent heard an outcry toward the parents compared to everybody hammering netflix

Mario 7
09-13-2020, 05:45 PM
i love netflix, i watch it every night and ill pay for it forever

its $12.99 a month and you have access to a million things

douglas1999
09-13-2020, 06:05 PM
IDD, but it stilll makes more sense to me to be more upset at the parents for even allowing their daughters to participate in this to begin with, than the director/producer/audience/etc. And I really havent heard an outcry toward the parents compared to everybody hammering netflix

I completely agree, you can't exactly boycott the parents though, nor the audience. You can boycott netflix.

Convict
09-13-2020, 06:09 PM
I completely agree, you can't exactly boycott the parents though, nor the audience. You can boycott netflix.

very true and again cant disagree but its a shame the parents arent really being held accountable and likely still got paid

A Knight
09-13-2020, 06:39 PM
Netflix rarely had good movies. I would have to hunt for them. Most of them are B rated cheesy movies. Probably low class date movies with barely funny text. Adam Sandler to convince Santa to date his daughter in time for Christmas. No thanks. I loved that Ridiculous Six movie though.

douglas1999
09-13-2020, 11:14 PM
Netflix for me was basically the "easy and convenient way to rewatch breaking bad" service

Patriam1066
09-13-2020, 11:48 PM
Don’t cancel Netflix for political reasons. That’s what liberal pussies do. There are plenty of normal people employed by them who would be adversely affected by a boycott. Boycott the Chinese if you feel so politically inclined

Woke Locc
09-13-2020, 11:54 PM
Don’t cancel Netflix for political reasons. That’s what liberal pussies do. There are plenty of normal people employed by them who would be adversely affected by a boycott. Boycott the Chinese if you feel so politically inclined

Boycott the French. Cuties(Mignonnes) is a French movie, Netflix is just distributing it.

douglas1999
09-14-2020, 12:06 AM
Netflix has billions of dollars, nobody is getting downsized. The point of boycotting them is to put social pressure and stigma on them, so that they might decide to just simply take down the sex abuse movie. Does this mean boycotting is always good? No. It's good in this specific case.

A Knight
09-14-2020, 12:37 AM
doesnt sound real. crazy stuff

Convict
09-14-2020, 03:08 AM
doesnt sound real. crazy stuff

to be quite fair it is being blown out of proportion a little bit.

I watched the trailer for the show after my friend sending me a link to a petition to get the show pulled off netflix when I hadn't even heard of it yet to see what the fuck this was all about. If you watched the cuties trailer and immediately drew pedo vibes and were confused by what you were seeing I think it is possible some of the problem lies within. After I watched the trailer, my first thought was "well this is stupid" and went on to watch something good like Mr. Robot.

To give you a little perspective if you haven't seen the trailer and don't wish to, it seems to be about some young pre-teen girls (prob 11-12 years old) entering into a dance competition. There's a scene in the trailer where the girls are dancing a bit lewd (twerking, etc) which is what I think sparked most of the outrage.

Anyways I just think its a big nothing-burger and with the way 2020 has been going people are just looking for things to burn to the ground for any reason they can find.

A Knight
09-14-2020, 04:30 AM
hm. I dont even agree with beauty pagent contests with little girls. I think britney spears was in them and she seems to have turned out fine. I dont mean to get political but sense this is off topic, i dont think a little girl should be pressured to be thinking about what she prefers in a partner at that age. Oh well whatever ill let someone else worry about it.

Nirgon
09-14-2020, 06:49 AM
Cancelled it a long time ago, citing they were sickos heading towards pedo shit. People called me crazy. Now look.

BlackBellamy
09-14-2020, 09:28 AM
If you watched the cuties trailer and immediately drew pedo vibes and were confused by what you were seeing I think it is possible some of the problem lies within.

I like that 'confused' thrown in there to denigrate anyone with objections to the film. Like you weren't confused, but that's because you're a paragon of clear thinking, unlike those other straw people who don't even.

I don't a think a single person said oh man this is confusing. In order to refute the implication that Cuties is immoral you create a whole class of people who are getting vibes and are confused.

Those people don't exist.

Maybe you don't have children or aren't aware of how humans develop. Let me explain. At age 12 a human being is not developed. Everyone agrees, except for nomadic people or isolated islanders. A person who is 12 is not given agency. They can't enter into contracts, they can't do a million things because we classify them as children. They're not allowed to get married, have sex, shoot guns, drive cars, etc. This is because not only are their decision-making powers non-existent, they are also liable to get all fucked up in the head due to the intensity of some of the adult events that they can experience, the same ones adult people have the capacity to handle. Things like rape. Let's move along though.

So you are 12, an undeveloped human being depending on an adult to provide you with a moral compass and guidance, and that adult says "Hey Médina, would you like to be in the movies?" and you're like yassss. So you go to the warehouse where they have lights and cameras and that adult says "Here Médina, put on this stripper outfit" and you do. Then another adult says "Médina, I need you to get down on your knees and reach right there, no lower, lower, yes right there, and I want you to grab it and pull it up!" and you do it but you do it wrong so the adult has you practice grabbing your crotch for an hour until you're doing it just right. You're watching four other girls all practicing grabbing their crotches and you feel like you're doing it as well as them. The adults around you approve. You're ready for the big time!

So they film you grinding the warehouse floor and grabbing your crotch for the rest of the day and you're tired, but then they say "Médina you have a speaking part!". So you say your lines:

https://imgur.com/Olqsk0o.jpg

Do you think we can have sensitive (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_by_Me_(film)) coming of age stories (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_400_Blows) that involve very serious themes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_God_(2002_film)) using child actors without making films that appeal only to pedophiles? Of course we can!

But Cuties is not that. Cuties is a film that appeals only to pedophiles and when I say pedophiles I include people who are "pedo-curious" like if I watch this film and get a little hard or wet or both well then it's a serious film that explores child-sexuality in thoughtful way and that's exactly what it is, I mean I would never, man it's a little hot in here.

Not only is Cuties immoral because the production itself is damaging to developing "actors", children who have to talk about taking cocks in the ass, who have to grab their crotches and grind in front of a crowd, who are betrayed by their guardians for lucre, but it is also immoral because it only has prurient value.

There is no education going on. No one is better off or more informed about anything because of this movie. There is no art. It's just a regular film, made using standard methods, anyone can do it if they know how to click a mouse. Any themes it explores are trite and meaningless. It's devoid of value and it only degrades.

I'm not surprised this film was made by someone from a culture where they cut girl's clits off (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6354388/)and reduce their agency to that of cattle. Only someone who has a total disregard for children and especially the girl children could conceive a monstrosity like this.

Convict
09-14-2020, 10:46 AM
huh well thats a big wall of text and not gonna lie I only skimmed it mostly because I really just dont care that much.

I guess I should have made it clearer my only experience with the show is the trailer which didn't show much.
So, idk if you speaking in hypotheticals or of any of that actually happens in the show.

Convict
09-14-2020, 11:50 AM
Ok after doin a little more research is appears the show is actually pretty fuckin bad, the trailer makes it seem more mild but it sounds like there are some pretty disgusting scenes in the show and on that note yes burn it down

hobart
09-14-2020, 02:35 PM
For fuck's sake. As a totally divided country I thought this was one of the things we could agree on.

Sexualizing the little girl washing her hair in the shampoo commercial is on you, not the shampoo company. But there comes a point where you throw up your hands and wonder what the fuck someone was thinking...

Shitting. Menses. Child sexuality. Some issues just don't need to be explored outside of academic/medical settings.

Gwaihir
09-14-2020, 03:01 PM
For fuck's sake. As a totally divided country I thought this was one of the things we could agree on.

Sexualizing the little girl washing her hair in the shampoo commercial is on you, not the shampoo company. But there comes a point where you throw up your hands and wonder what the fuck someone was thinking...

Shitting. Menses. Child sexuality. Some issues just don't need to be explored outside of academic/medical settings.

no no no no no, bigot.

your programmers have decided the next wave of programming for your indoctrination. Get with the program bigot, you have 3 days to correct yourself before you get expelled from the Academy and are left to wallow with the rabble you despise. Are you saying black lives don't matter?

Jauna
09-14-2020, 03:04 PM
Guy 1: Dont watch this, this is bad incarnate! you are a new neo-nazi if you even see the cover its so bad oh my god *goes on talking about it for hours*
Everyone else: *watches it out of curiosity*

Im sorry for the youtube mouthbreather tier post but god damn, this thread is strait up advertisement. Stop talking about it if you really want it to go away. dont believe me?

Are you aware there were like 3 other Disney Aladdin movies?
Do you know how many strait to dvd/streaming DC movies there are?
How many of you watched the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie?

oh god if im right then this post is advertisement too since my brow beating abrasive nature will activate peoples rebellious spirits and watch it out of spite.

fuck.

aaezil
09-14-2020, 03:32 PM
I already cancelled Netflix over 2 years ago, when 1 in every 4 couples on every series was a gay couple with graphic scenes of sodomy interjected into every storyline.

Am I bigot? Perhaps so, but that doesn't mean my hard earned money has to go toward funding a corporate empire that glorifies depicting graphic sex scenes of dudes getting pinned up against a wall and railed by some other man.

You seem strangely obsessed with homo erotica. You didn't have to click on them. Perhaps you are frustrated and in the closet?

Evia
09-14-2020, 03:59 PM
No, I will just choose not to watch it. There are lots of strange, and sick things on the internet that I simply don't watch. You too have that choice.

Jauna
09-14-2020, 04:05 PM
You didn't have to click on them.

How.. was he suppost to know before hand? Are there normal people warnings on netflix?

Gwaihir
09-14-2020, 04:35 PM
How.. was he suppost to know before hand? Are there normal people warnings on netflix?

The general formula is at least 3 episodes into a series, or the third season of a really big hit series, and then boom buttsex between two men, typically irrelevant and unnecessary to the furtherance of the plot.

I.e. butt sex for funsies

hobart
09-14-2020, 04:59 PM
The general formula is at least 3 episodes into a series, or the third season of a really big hit series, and then boom buttsex between two men, typically irrelevant and unnecessary to the furtherance of the plot.

I want to be outraged over this, but I felt exactly this way about House of Cards.

Kevin Spacey's character I get. He's a Republican politician, so obviously a self-hating homosexual. But the agent? Made zero sense.

I guess I'm deplorable too.

Gwaihir
09-14-2020, 05:03 PM
I want to be outraged over this, but I felt exactly this way about House of Cards.

Kevin Spacey's character I get. He's a Republican politician, so obviously a self-hating homosexual. But the agent? Made zero sense.

Welcome to the club, but im gonna need 10 bucks. Before this conversation goes any further, i need to make sure i'm getting paid.

Trexller
09-14-2020, 08:44 PM

In House of Cards, Spacey's character Frank Underwood is a democrat.

LordKir
09-14-2020, 09:28 PM
Dang dude, I was being ironic. "doo-doo in their soul"? who talks like that? i'm genuinely surprised you took that seriously, lol

I love how libs try to hide behind the "Irony" excuse, in order to try to downplay their true intention of an insult.

Rader
09-14-2020, 10:19 PM

What other kind of butt sex is there?

hobart
09-15-2020, 01:46 AM
In House of Cards, Spacey's character Frank Underwood is a democrat.

I must have confused him with Lindsey Graham. So I'm back to none of it making any sense.

BlackBellamy
09-15-2020, 10:05 AM

The kind that happens in San Quentin. I mean it's exactly like the butt sex you describe except you're dressed up like a Piñata.

Mario 7
09-15-2020, 06:16 PM
Wild Wild Country

Best netflix show ever

your welcome

Arteker
09-15-2020, 09:12 PM

plenty . the real question is what side of butt sex u are.and of course wich one u enjoy more

eadric
09-16-2020, 05:56 AM
Cancelled Netflix years ago, and not going back. I do have amazon prime, and there is a lot of the same propaganda/conditioning going on with their content, but I just choose not to watch it, or turn it off if they throw it at me with no warning.

BlackBellamy
09-16-2020, 09:55 AM
I don't even know what it means to cancel or subscribe to anything. Everything I get is part of some bundle. Oh you have Xfinity? Oh you have Prime? Well then you have this and that. And if you have this then you have that. I'm constantly clicking some app on my TV and it's like enter your cable login and watch it. Apparently I have Netflix and Hulu and Roku and this and that; I have everything.

I wouldn't even try to cancel something because that would probably set up some chain reaction where everything would go tits-up.

friendlinzh
09-18-2020, 09:19 AM
I already cancelled Netflix over 2 years ago

Evia
09-21-2020, 04:33 PM
When I was your age Netflix was a video rental business that would send DVD movies to you through the mail.

douglas1999
09-21-2020, 05:34 PM
I don't even know what it means to cancel or subscribe to anything. Everything I get is part of some bundle. Oh you have Xfinity? Oh you have Prime? Well then you have this and that. And if you have this then you have that. I'm constantly clicking some app on my TV and it's like enter your cable login and watch it. Apparently I have Netflix and Hulu and Roku and this and that; I have everything.

I wouldn't even try to cancel something because that would probably set up some chain reaction where everything would go tits-up.

Welcome to HBO-go-max! You can now watch episode 2 and 7 (sometimes) of all your favorite shows!

I stole that joke from a something awful frontpage but it bares repeating cause it was really funny

Grumph
09-22-2020, 11:49 AM
Well that escalated quickly:

My Octopus Teacher (http://https://www.netflix.com/title/81045007)

"A filmmaker forges an unusual friendship..."

The Epic Love Story Between a Man and an Octopus (http://https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-epic-love-story-between-a-man-and-an-octopus/ar-BB18OymU)

"In the history of love stories, few have been as strange and unlikely as the one depicted in My Octopus Teacher."

BlackBellamy
09-22-2020, 01:24 PM
Welcome to HBO-go-max! You can now watch episode 2 and 7 (sometimes) of all your favorite shows!

I stole that joke from a something awful frontpage but it bares repeating cause it was really funny

That is funny. I'm trying to explain to my elderly aunt why she can't watch Tom Selleck's Moustache for free. But I have it on TV every Thursday! Yes but if you don't DVR them then you have to pay $4 for each. But I can see the other seasons free how come? Because this one is not syndicated! But what about this episode it's free how come not this one. It's a free preview. Can I watch it on this app? Yes but you have to log in via Comcast. No, I don't know your password. It's still making me pay! Etc.

Googi
09-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Just buy her netflix its all included for a low price, when i was younger we had $4 blockbuster videos if we wanted to watch something you kids are all spoiled !

Evia
09-27-2020, 10:04 AM
Just buy her netflix its all included for a low price, when i was younger we had $4 blockbuster videos if we wanted to watch something you kids are all spoiled !

I know! Remember that icky feeling when you save $4 or $5 to rent a vhs or Super Nintendo game and you get home and realize you made a mistake? And this movie or game was super lame and you totally should have made a better choice.

The good old days of being a kid in the 90s.

DMN
09-27-2020, 11:21 AM
I know! Remember that icky feeling when you save $4 or $5 to rent a vhs or Super Nintendo game and you get home and realize you made a mistake? And this movie or game was super lame and you totally should have made a better choice.

The good old days of being a kid in the 90s.

No, it was great you could find out if a game was shit or not to determine if you might just want to buy it, or if you liked it well enough you could play the shit out of it/beat it for a fraction of what it would have cost to buy it.

Fame
09-27-2020, 12:25 PM
The people most enraged by this were also the most aroused I’m glad to see they can recognize the wrong in it at least. Gonna be some uproar and lashing out just like the good ole days where you could make a sure bet on the man soliciting gay sex in a airport bathroom being a republican. lol

BlackBellamy
09-27-2020, 01:33 PM
Some people just have a wide stance you bigot.

douglas1999
09-27-2020, 01:56 PM
The people most enraged by this were also the most aroused I’m glad to see they can recognize the wrong in it at least. Gonna be some uproar and lashing out just like the good ole days where you could make a sure bet on the man soliciting gay sex in a airport bathroom being a republican. lol

Nope this is retarded and completely not applicable to this. I'm gonna present a radical theory here that if you *aren't* enraged by this there is something seriously wrong with you.

Way to take the situation as a political opportunity to fail-dunk on republicans though, that sure is the most important issue here.

Hey guys there were like upwards of three or four cases of an anti-gay republican being caught soliciting gay sex. Therefor, uhh, it's also the same in this case, and they are all pedophiles and I somehow just magically know that. Check out my ironclad logic! I sure burned em by just speculating wildly!

Fame
09-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Someone alert the local police and seize Douglas’s hard drive. The first one has been exposed.

Fame
09-27-2020, 09:06 PM
Some people just have a wide stance you bigot.

I laughed

Swish
09-27-2020, 09:16 PM
Netflix Inc. stock outperforms market on strong trading day
Published: Sept. 25, 2020 at 4:25 p.m. ET

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/netflix-inc-stock-outperforms-market-on-strong-trading-day-01601065523

Unfortunately for anyone who did cancel, its not going to break them... they don't care.

Wutaan
09-27-2020, 09:35 PM

It's pretty funny man, im sure we'll get a non-fictional nazi book to read at this rate.

douglas1999
09-28-2020, 01:39 AM
Someone alert the local police and seize Douglas’s hard drive. The first one has been exposed.

"Pfff, only republicans get mad about child pornography.. Pffff"

Think about what you're saying, it's so god damn stupid.