PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MMO besides Everquest?

Tunabros
09-09-2020, 02:25 PM
I played a lot of FF11 back in the day. WOW was ok.
Now a days I play runescape and ESO
Still waiting for panth!

DMN
09-09-2020, 02:33 PM
I never played many after EQ...

I think anarchy online, dark age of Camelot, and WoW are the only MMORPGs ive spent significant time in and enjoyed since EQ came out. Left WoW about lich king or whatever it was called was coming out, played the other two off and on for maybe a year.

elkboot
09-09-2020, 02:46 PM
Star Wars Galaxies

DMN
09-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Star Wars Galaxies

Oh shit i forgot that one. I sold my account for like a grand but it turned out all the property I owned on some planet ended up being worth ten times that much. Oh well I needed books for college.

elkboot
09-09-2020, 02:54 PM
Oh shit i forgot that one. I sold my account for like a grand but it turned out all the property I owned on some planet ended up being worth ten times that much. Oh well I needed books for college.

such is the life of college student :(

tsuchang
09-09-2020, 03:06 PM
DAOC after EQ, then back to EQ.
WOW for a few years, then back to EQ.
Looked at eve, lotr, dd online, but it's EQ for my gaming fix. Nothing like it. P99 is just the right balance of hard and nerf as far as I see it.

Jibartik
09-09-2020, 04:15 PM
The old republic MMO I log in every few years to play a solo grind to high level through one of the class/race storylines.

They provide a lot of that same feeling I get from EQ these days, I prefer soloing, but in a world with other players, and Old Republic really delivers that. It's a total singleplayer narrative game in an open world. Fun grind, well made. I enjoy it.

GinnasP99
09-09-2020, 04:16 PM
BDO

JayDee
09-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Easily Warhammer Online for the best pvp. The game, however, was severely lacking in the pve department.

Currently waiting on New World, which has been delayed like everything else. Crossing my fingers Star Citizen or CU sees the light of day which they probably won't.

Eyry
09-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Everquest
DAoC
Everquest
Star Wars Galaxies
DAoC
Everquest
SWG
WoW
DAoC
WoW
Everquest

zodium
09-09-2020, 07:03 PM
eve online

uo close second

Patriam1066
09-09-2020, 07:27 PM
Eve online and Star Wars galaxies, enjoyed both

Luigi
09-09-2020, 09:41 PM
Everquest
DAoC
Everquest
Star Wars Galaxies
DAoC
Everquest
SWG
WoW
DAoC
WoW
Everquest

I cant believe that 20 years later i have the same goddam system of gaming

Everquest
DAOC
Classic Wow

Repeat

( used to have eve in there but they nerfed everything and ruined the game )

Krone90
09-09-2020, 10:04 PM
Star Wars Galaxies O ya Star wars Galaxies was a game way ahead of its time, i was a zeb(Darth Maul race) commando =D

eadric
09-10-2020, 12:41 AM
I'm playing WoW classic right now, and having more fun than I ever did playing it back in the day. AQ just opened on our server. My guild just killed twin emps with 35 people, what a fun fight. Would not come back to EQ and coth pulling nonsense.

Tunabros
09-10-2020, 01:48 AM
I never played many after EQ...

I think anarchy online, dark age of Camelot, and WoW are the only MMORPGs ive spent significant time in and enjoyed since EQ came out. Left WoW about lich king or whatever it was called was coming out, played the other two off and on for maybe a year.

holy crap i remember anarchy online
i used to get so lost and wander for hours exploring until i died

Arvan
09-10-2020, 02:02 AM
I never liked other 3d mmos. They all paled in comparison to the original and king for me. I like a lot of crpgs though.

Luigi
09-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Yea classic wow is a joke its so easy , also no progression outside 40 mans and endless con farm zzZZZ 1x exp lol

Evia
09-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Besides EQ (which is obviously number one) I've played regularly and enjoyed...
Dark Age of Camelot
Lord of the Rings Online
Star Wars Galaxies (pre combat update)
Warhammer Online
World of Warcraft
But I've tried a lot of mmos over the years, never lasted more than a few months on them all. Except the games above.

-TK-
09-10-2020, 03:06 PM
FFXI. I played that game probably much longer than I should have, but when it first came out it mixed a FF feel with a little bit of EQ difficulty feel and I was hooked. We had 4-5 friends playing it and it's the only MMO experience I've had that came even close to EQ vibes. The fact that it was hindered by the PS2 console in update capabilities added to some of the UI/gameplay difficulties that otherwise could have been done away with if it was only on PC, but it was part of what made it what it was.

A Knight
09-10-2020, 09:20 PM
I never really enjoyed any other MMORPGs. I played Daoc and it seemed like it would be a good vacation from EQ. It may have been when EQ died and so it just reminded me of how all MMOs would probably be all bad. I played shadowbane and enjoyed it. It actually isnt the best of MMOs but ive metaphorically described it as God giving me a good enough game to play while barely able to play video games. I enjoyed it. I had a monitor randomly shift the screen to the side, two CDs broke in my computer, a mouse would not move left right easily on CS, and CS would not load a game unless i clicked join game for what i described as 10-15 minutes or more. So i took it as i couldnt play games for a while but i could play shadowbane and I was very grateful for it.

Bbeta
09-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Project 1999 hands down best MMO

bubur
09-10-2020, 10:05 PM
anarchy online, but it’s bad don’t bother

Topgunben
09-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Classic World of Warcraft has been pretty fun. I'd say that I would rank it up there with classic EQ.

I didn't play WOW back in the day, so there is no nostalgia for me, but I can see why so many people left EQ for wow. Not everyone has time to stare at a wall for hours waiting for a dragon to pop. I get that for some, fielding a force powerful enough to down a raid boss before the competition can is thrilling. But for most people, that level of autism is unreasonable when you have real life to tend to.

One thing classic EQ is really good at is making the player slow down. As part of slowing down, conversations become more prevalent. Some of my fondest memories come from pick up groups in upper and lower guk. The confusing zones and dangerous mobs prevent you from just running through things. People chat about all kinds of things, and it did feel like 6 years ago on blue, everyone was a lot more awe struck my the majesty of p99s recreation of classic eq. I made great friends with Drazok and Diacetyl, both of which I haven't talked with in years - I think about our fun times every so often. That same style of grouping is nearly non existent in wow.

BarnabusCollins
09-11-2020, 08:25 AM
If you mean free to play then it's None - there aren't any worth a damn besides p99, and that's a fact.

Crookstinger
09-11-2020, 10:18 AM
City of Heroes. I was taking a break from P99 when CoH came back, and aside from a two-week return to Norrath, I've been playing CoH exclusively ever since.

Zezima
09-12-2020, 02:51 PM
Runescape! Particularly Old School runescape! Played it on and off for the better part of 15 years. Now p1999 and and Runescape are two different beasts but they share many similarities. Mainly the constant grind, good community for the most part and that sense of accomplishment 99 percent of MMOs lack today.

elkboot
09-12-2020, 03:12 PM
Classic EverQuest is near impossible to beat. Maybe Pantheon RotF will hold my interest, but I am doubtful.

Jibartik
09-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Teir Zoo is a good one.

https://youtu.be/z-XHao1YH9w

Baler
09-13-2020, 09:19 AM
<-Ultima Online

Tunabros
09-13-2020, 08:36 PM
<-Ultima Online

I found UO too confusing
I didn't really know what to do lol

friendlinzh
09-18-2020, 09:19 AM
my Favorite MMO is path of exile

BlackBellamy
09-18-2020, 10:57 AM
my Favorite MMO is path of exile

Path of Exile is going to cause problems for you when your older.

Your wrist and tendons are not designed to click the mouse six times a second for 20 minutes at a time.

I really like the character progression/build system, the gear combos, the meta-game, and the graphics and the level designs are pretty good. But it's a mega-clicker. Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click. It's the most clickiest of the clicker games. Everything is happening at 300 miles per hour and you're clicking clicking the entire time.

You will damage yourself.

GinnasP99
09-18-2020, 07:25 PM
I'm not so sure about that, I've played guitar for 23 years, sometimes practicing for like 6+ hours a day. My hands are still going strong at 35. What the mind desires the body can provide, allow your body to surprise you.

(when i'm 50 i'll have crippling arthritis)

grimmier
09-19-2020, 12:33 AM
UO
EQ
DAoC
EQ
SWG Beta
WoW
EQ
Vanguard SoH
P99

Mario 7
09-19-2020, 06:19 PM
I wish daybreak would re release vanguard and fix broken stuff, love the music and graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45pcrRv02Sw&list=PLXYayGlSev2ua_uQWlzX3fyHB0zTIypNE&index=21

A Knight
09-19-2020, 07:11 PM
sometimes i feel like it was my fault vanguard failed because at the release of the game, i was scramble brained and probably still worshiped my past (who erased his memory) as if he was God, after he got a secret society to make around 600 plus clicking noises a day to the rhythm of my mind. I counted 800 noises one day, and guessed around 1,000 but i use 600 to make it easier. Its scary believing a huge portion of people are torturing you, or everyone is; and then the fear of going to a mental hospital so they can torture you in a mental hospital. Nah if that happens ill prefer the other option.

GinnasP99
09-19-2020, 08:24 PM
sometimes i feel like it was my fault vanguard failed because at the release of the game, i was scramble brained and probably still worshiped my past (who erased his memory) as if he was God, after he got a secret society to make around 600 plus clicking noises a day to the rhythm of my mind. I counted 800 noises one day, and guessed around 1,000 but i use 600 to make it easier. Its scary believing a huge portion of people are torturing you, or everyone is; and then the fear of going to a mental hospital so they can torture you in a mental hospital. Nah if that happens ill prefer the other option.

Seek Christ immediately

Mario 7
09-19-2020, 08:24 PM
Cool and normal post

A Knight
09-19-2020, 08:58 PM
there is not much left i can do with antifa torturing me. i wonder if they know that according to my life, them torturing me, to everyone else means i am schizophrenic and that is why i avoid confronting them. I have gone through a lot of armageddons in order to get my freedom and it never does anything. I dont have any other options. I have been tortured for 14 and a half years, around 4-5 years were not that bad, and 14 and a half years is too long. I cant do this forever. If your going to keep torturing me and say i am insane for believing it, just get rid of me. I would tell God that this world was not for me anyway. Why must you keep people around to taunt them?

A Knight
09-19-2020, 09:28 PM
If you are going to send me to a court i will do all the things you will think i will do. I will not know what to say, i will feel like i am lying when i am not. I fail lie detector tests in my head all the time, due to the fact that i usually feel i am on some sort of end of the world TV show. But I am not lying. I will probably fail the test just like the criminals you love to create. A mock trial just to enjoy punishing others. I dont mean criminals of those of the Parent religion in America, in which it is great to be a victim. I mean the innocent criminals like those in the middle east. That you created to be guilty. So if you are looking for that, then it will happen. I will not know what to say, my brain damage wont compute and i will look dumb to you.

Vizax_Xaziv
09-20-2020, 08:08 PM
Yea classic wow is a joke its so easy , also no progression outside 40 mans and endless con farm zzZZZ 1x exp lol

I mean I did have a LOT of fun leveling my Mage from 1-60 when CWOW launched. Also got a Rogue to (I think) level 34?

Was definitely fun. Sadly these days all the low-level zones are just ghost towns.

Asteria
09-20-2020, 09:40 PM
Nexus TK surpasses the Cystene Chapel for the greatest master peace of intelligent life in this solar system. Only MMO you should ever play: Nexus TK

Bardp1999
09-21-2020, 11:07 PM
Played..

Ultima Online
Everquest
Dark Age of Camelot
Age of Conan
Horizons (think its called like Istaria now)
World of Warcraft
Rift
Starwars The Old Republic
Guildwars 2
Lineage
Shadowbane
Maybe some other ones for very short periods of time...

Basically they all suck in the year of our lord 2020 and if you had to pick a modern MMO WoW would be the only option IMO. Love it or hate it - no one can really compete with it. MMOs are dead, its going all about online RPG CoOp moving forward (in my humble optinion). Look at how they are doing Diablo 4, thats going to be the closest thing to a new age MMO we see for a long time.

Patriam1066
09-21-2020, 11:16 PM
If you are going to send me to a court i will do all the things you will think i will do. I will not know what to say, i will feel like i am lying when i am not. I fail lie detector tests in my head all the time, due to the fact that i usually feel i am on some sort of end of the world TV show. But I am not lying. I will probably fail the test just like the criminals you love to create. A mock trial just to enjoy punishing others. I dont mean criminals of those of the Parent religion in America, in which it is great to be a victim. I mean the innocent criminals like those in the middle east. That you created to be guilty. So if you are looking for that, then it will happen. I will not know what to say, my brain damage wont compute and i will look dumb to you.

No one is innocent in the Middle East. Google the old man on the mountain. Iranian Shiites have been sending dumb dumb foreigners to their deaths for our own ends for 1488 years, sorry you don’t understand the Armenians and Greeks are the best of us, and serve Jesus Christ

Patriam1066
09-21-2020, 11:17 PM
Played..

Ultima Online
Everquest
Dark Age of Camelot
Age of Conan
Horizons (think its called like Istaria now)
World of Warcraft
Rift
Starwars The Old Republic
Guildwars 2
Lineage
Shadowbane
Maybe some other ones for very short periods of time...

Basically they all suck in the year of our lord 2020 and if you had to pick a modern MMO WoW would be the only option IMO. Love it or hate it - no one can really compete with it. MMOs are dead, its going all about online RPG CoOp moving forward (in my humble optinion). Look at how they are doing Diablo 4, thats going to be the closest thing to a new age MMO we see for a long time.

DAoC was good but I never got into it. Star Wars galaxies was amazing before that patch

Eve online was fun except the foreign unemployeds who took the game as seriously as real life war

GrimSloth
09-22-2020, 07:21 AM
Definitely WoW for me. Wotlk is my fav as far as leveling speed and abilities go. I'm not a huge fan of the abundance of item rewards, lfg rewards and especially heirlooms. A big part of any RPG is getting gear so you can do tougher content and level up more efficiently. Heirlooms completely shit on that concept and removes any thrill from having better gear compared to your peers. The lack of elite quests in older zones is also a downer, makes the world not really threatening. I'm also really mixed on LFD. I think there's a place for it in the game, but a dungeon should only be available on the lfd list after you've actually completed it and maybe some quests related to it. A lot of players have 0 clue where Dungeon entrances even are and any obstacle from getting in set dungeon gets removed...

strongNpretty
09-24-2020, 11:27 AM
Started playing StarWars Old Republic this week. And it is pretty damn fun.. Yup the subscription stuff is yucky but whatever.. It's 15 bucks, yolo.... I mean immediately the star wars theme had me hooked.. Find myself listening/watching every cutscene/quest videos. I love the classes. I somewhat love the Wow- easymode feeling. Until i joined a dungeon finder, had no idea what i was doing, and got destrooooyed. Which was a nice realization i'm not invincible. But yeah- Basically wow/eq live/star wars all have the same feeling, but Star wars wins cause.... star wars!!!!!
TLDR-
Star wars old republic
Fun
Star Wars Theme
Spells, guns, lightsabers
mounts
pets
companions
subscription
healthy servers it seems
Easy graphics to run on poo computers
ran into 0 toxicity during my couple days
and i love the decision makings that play into your light or dark side path.

Googi
09-24-2020, 03:54 PM
love how patriam starts talking about worthless greeks with a collapsed country and armenians, what the fuck is an armenian does anyone know?

Nevermind does not matter

Iran does not matter either

see you in texas!

I wont be there

Fame
09-25-2020, 06:27 PM
Only game I played other than p99 since 2011 was a custom classless wow server with item loot. Enjoyed that more than p99 tbh, played that shit so much I became a legend lol

Foxplay
09-25-2020, 06:44 PM
RIFT

For the simple reason that I played a cleric and cleric's where blatantly overpowered in RIFT. Literally the most overpowered class I have ever played in any MMO was orginal release RIFT cleric

Had passives in justicar tree that allowed for self and group healing based on damage done. But wait it gets better, those passive heals from damage done could also proc (chance on heal) trinkets, some of these trinkets from raids (I had all of them) proc'd a damage absorb shield

these passive heals procing (heal on chance) trinkets was an absolute mistake and made a lot of hybrid builds that used justicar just for the passive heal on damage to self/group ability to abuse these trinkets

Googi
09-25-2020, 08:45 PM
every new game has a totally broken class

warhammer online bright wizards
age of conan had that druid class that could tank everyone and aoe them

etc

also all new games are shit

strongNpretty
09-28-2020, 09:34 AM
Still goin hard on star wars over here man.. Week 2 of no P99!! Who else be on this joint?! I have so many questions i need answered.

Castle2.0
09-28-2020, 12:40 PM
EQ
FPS
EQ
EQ+ FPS

Played EQ on and off Kunark through PoP - wasn't interested in life much after. Came back for Fippy Darkpaw - fun to guild up and do some classic stuff, but the new visuals and Sony-sactioned RMT ('store') superduper sword visuals level 1 toons was offputting.

Maybe Pantheon launches when Green 1.0 sunsets. Probably not another MMO.

FPS is a lot of fun and doesn't suck in so much time.

kjs86z
09-28-2020, 01:55 PM
Asheron's Call was the best MMO and nothing else was even remotely close.

Tunabros
09-28-2020, 02:10 PM
Asheron's Call was the best MMO and nothing else was even remotely close.

Was pretty fun game but i found it pretty clunky
i liked the graphics tho!

Googi
09-28-2020, 02:39 PM
Foxpox [60 Shaman] / Foxcharm [60 Enchanter]
Foxystyle [60 Druid] /Foxfansy [60 Bard]
Foxpet [60 Magician] / Foxaid [60 Cleric]
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter]

Samoht
09-28-2020, 02:49 PM
I loved Vermintide. Specifically, Vermintide 2. It's basically Left4Dead squad mechanics with Skyrim's combat system. Beautiful environments. Distinctly innovative careers. But then this...

Your wrist and tendons are not designed to click the mouse six times a second for 20 minutes at a time.

I really like the character progression/build system, the gear combos, the meta-game, and the graphics and the level designs are pretty good. But it's a mega-clicker. Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click. It's the most clickiest of the clicker games. Everything is happening at 300 miles per hour and you're clicking clicking the entire time.

Vermintide has same problem. I quit when it started hurting. Still healing.

Welcome back to P99.

Googi
09-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Lol george clooney

Swish
09-28-2020, 04:52 PM

True. I managed some mild damage to my wrist playing EQ leveling a rogue. Rather than being a patient rogue I'd spam backstab fairly constantly after using it to maximize the damage coming off cooldown. Soon learnt that wasn't going to be sustainable :D

Googi
09-28-2020, 05:09 PM
they designed it on purpose for the sick young people who are insane and have to do something 10 times a second or they get bored

its for children

BiG SiP
10-18-2020, 04:59 PM
LOL G1

Baler
10-22-2020, 04:17 AM
Dragon Raja (https://dragonraja.eu/) international
Iso metric like UO, but more action like Diablo. Kinda clunky now-a-days. But back in my youth this korean mmo with english text was badass. :)

https://i.imgur.com/DgbDMzZ.jpg
One of the cities, npc square.

https://i.imgur.com/zQbxlIV.jpg
It even had a crazy pvp scene.

Viscere
10-22-2020, 05:28 AM
New world is where it's gonna be for me , when it comes out

loved the beta

kjs86z
10-22-2020, 06:14 AM
Asherons Call

https://youtu.be/REZ8s_MAj0g

BiG SiP
10-22-2020, 09:12 AM
IRL 2020

Tunabros
10-22-2020, 11:12 AM
Dragon Raja (https://dragonraja.eu/) international
Iso metric like UO, but more action like Diablo. Kinda clunky now-a-days. But back in my youth this korean mmo with english text was badass. :)

https://i.imgur.com/DgbDMzZ.jpg
One of the cities, npc square.

https://i.imgur.com/zQbxlIV.jpg
It even had a crazy pvp scene.

Is UO still active? I heard a new private realm just opened like about a year ago called outlands?

looks really fun =) but I dont really know what im doing lol

I did play a lot of lineage and ragnarok tho I really this style of Isometric gamplay :p

FatherSioux
10-22-2020, 11:23 AM
I've been playing FF14 lately, quick and easy to hop into. Playing a WHM

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 12:37 AM
Really crazy pvp scene:)

pvp on these games remind of shadowbane pvp

anyone on the emulator part of paradox??

Tethler
10-26-2020, 04:02 AM
I've played a lot of MMOs over the years. Of course none stack up to classic EQ.

Have spent significant time on Aion, Rift, Wildstar, Blade and Soul, and Phantasy Star Online 2, but the non-EQ MMOs that I've enjoyed most and have have spent the most time on are WoW (vanilla-Lich King), Guild Wars 2, and FF14.

I had a good group of friends on WoW that had migrated over from EQ live servers, so I probably enjoyed that time the most after EQ. As far as gameplay and world building, I love FF14. Game is still beautiful and the story is deep.

Fame
10-26-2020, 01:05 PM
Wow ascension private server, it lost a bit of the hardcore element over the years but I loved it because it had no classes, you could pick individual skills from any class or talent tree as you leveled, item loot on PvP kills and raid gear dropped from lvl 51+ mobs with higher chances in specific areas so it lead to a lot of wpvp with high risk factor.

I made thousands of gold just charging a toll to ride the zeppelin lol if they didn’t pay I would kill them and steal their gear.

kjs86z
10-26-2020, 01:47 PM
Playing retail wow now with some old homies and the Mythic+ stuff is pretty fun. Pushing keys with a 5 man is challenging.