PDA

View Full Version : I think it's cool that people run this project still

Vdaria
08-31-2020, 10:45 AM
I just like that these elf pixels are made freely available. Thank you for reading this important announcement. Namaste.

Topgunben
08-31-2020, 12:15 PM
I just like that these elf pixels are made freely available. Thank you for reading this important announcement. Namaste.

They are good people given all they do and all they put up with.

I liken this server to one of those historical re-enactments groups that dress up like colonial militias and German hussars. It’s history being kept alive - albeit we have some strange actors here on p99.

Baler
08-31-2020, 12:54 PM
I'm addicted to EverQuest.

zodium
08-31-2020, 02:03 PM
same, op

Trexller
08-31-2020, 09:59 PM
+1

Thank you to all who have worked on Project 1999.

;):):D:cool:

JurisDictum
08-31-2020, 10:02 PM
same, op

Surprised you of all people don't understand what a betrayal this project was and continues to be. Major sheep-herd. Closed source. Profits. Praise Mammon and white male asian female

Jibartik
08-31-2020, 10:03 PM
God I love everquest.

zodium
09-01-2020, 01:29 AM
Surprised you of all people don't understand what a betrayal this project was and continues to be. Major sheep-herd. Closed source. Profits. Praise Mammon and white male asian female

we live in a society

douglas1999
09-01-2020, 01:35 AM
It's extremely cool and you should give them money to keep it afloat. We may one day develop a model whereby everquest is distributed equally to the people, but that time is not now.

JurisDictum
09-01-2020, 01:51 AM
It's extremely cool and you should give them money to keep it afloat. We may one day develop a model whereby everquest is distributed equally to the people, but that time is not now.

open DB is really all that is needed to level with the community. there's no need to pretend there's more to it. and trust me, the servers will keep running whether you donate or not. Donate to somebody who needs it like Joe Biden, not a business with very sound books.

If it weren't for this place capturing all the community energy and smothering it to death, we might have a playable server somewhere. EverQuest might still be around. just my opinion! -j

zodium
09-01-2020, 01:55 AM
classic everquest, a treasure for the ages, is a product of its historical circumstances. a vision, betrayed by the ruthless and inhuman logic of profit. p99 is a dream. a dream that rogean and nilbog dream for us in their slumber of eons. it is only right that we sing their praises, in the softest of lullabies, lest their slumber is broken.

JurisDictum
09-01-2020, 01:57 AM
a nightmare of trapped rats breeding upon piles of each other and defecating on one another's heads you mean.

Why?

Because profit still lurks neath the waves, animating tendrils on the half-dead, drunken demons you sing for in warbling voice.

zodium
09-01-2020, 01:58 AM
welcome to the species pal, enjoy your stay