PDA

View Full Version : Need new Multiplayer Shooters

Trexller
08-17-2020, 09:37 PM
So im into Rainbow Six: Siege and CS:GO

now im bored.

Steam's game and player statistics seems super biased.

Are there any other multiplayer shooters that I may not be aware of or google won't show results for?

Please exclude anything cartoony or for kids like fortnite, payday, overwatch, and any games with dead populations.

Looking for realistic (as much games can be anyway)

A Knight
08-17-2020, 10:13 PM
I dont think halo is bad yet. Maybe it is. I heard battlefield 2 was going to be created by the creators of the desert combat mod for battlefield 1942 and then they were all fired right before the release. I could be wrong about this story or rumor. However around battlefield 2 it started to be small maps. (Game wasn't horrible.) I hear the new battlefield has bigger maps again and should be good. I played either battlefield 4 or 5 i dont remember. It was good however it seemed like it could be improved as far as fun of large maps.

Trexller
08-17-2020, 10:28 PM
personally wasnt a fan of the battlefield series. Ty though!

HalflingSpergand
08-17-2020, 10:40 PM
what about cod modernwarfare

Jibartik
08-17-2020, 10:41 PM
I think this game looks cool but will probubly suck, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqu8jtrNR_0

Baler
08-17-2020, 10:50 PM
Just wait for Cyberpunk 2077

imperiouskitten
08-17-2020, 11:09 PM
Pavlov VR

Trexller
08-17-2020, 11:39 PM
what about cod modernwarfare

been playing all the cods forever, its just shoot em up matches for the most part.

tactical multiplayer shooters are where its at. Siege is the best in that regard, but its too bad that Ubisoft has zero regard for its regular player base (who actually provides the revenue) and caters only to the top tier "e sports" players.

A Knight
08-18-2020, 01:13 AM
I liked COD 3. (WW2 Version. I think there is another COD 3) I dont know if this system of fighting is still popular but it seemed like everyone copied the random respawn of nearest group parties. When in a small map it just seems like this makes it seem like relatively often you can respawn behind unknowing people. I realize in early consoles where graphics are the demand and you have to deal with what you got, this is a popular solution. However in COD 3, because the weapons were so bad, it was more fun because you could still miss people in random respawns. Also vehicles were still a viable option.

Jibartik
08-18-2020, 01:15 AM
I did not like valorant very much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFWhffLM-A

Swish
08-18-2020, 02:57 AM
I did not like valorant very much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFWhffLM-A

Agree. CS:GO meets Overwatch, and doesn't give the best of either game.

Jibartik
08-18-2020, 02:58 AM
Agree. CS:GO meets Overwatch, and doesn't give the best of either game.

I like really don’t understand it, it seems like everybody’s special ability is to just make a giant wall of color that blocks everybody’s vision lol

Swish
08-18-2020, 02:59 AM
So im into Rainbow Six: Siege and CS:GO

now im bored.

Steam's game and player statistics seems super biased.

Are there any other multiplayer shooters that I may not be aware of or google won't show results for?

Please exclude anything cartoony or for kids like fortnite, payday, overwatch, and any games with dead populations.

Looking for realistic (as much games can be anyway)

I'd consider trying Escape from Tarkov, I've watched it on Twitch and enjoyed the gameplay. Apparently there's issues with hackers sometimes but it's "real".

That or the Battle Royale edition of Call of Duty, that seems fun.

Swish
08-18-2020, 03:02 AM
I like really don’t understand it, it seems like everybody’s special ability is to just make a giant wall of color that blocks everybody’s vision lol

I'll admit I installed it and had a go. I think the special abilities are definitely holding it back, would prefer a new generation of CS:GO maps.

DMN
08-18-2020, 06:46 AM
Remnant is free on epic. Seems pretty interesting so far. The worlds you explore are somewhat put together with a bit of RNG so you never know what items/bosses/etc. you are gonna get. The setting isn't very realistic and im not really sure how multplayer actually works outbut i know it has multi.

galach
08-18-2020, 09:51 AM
warzone best BR made so far. No clunky interface with healing/scopes/ammo etc. Ability to respawn your buddies. Missions to help your playstyle or status in game.

Twochain
08-18-2020, 10:11 AM

Weeberstrike: Go

Honestly, it's not a bad game. From somebody who kinda hates on Overwatch, and obviously loves CS, it's a decent game. But really it really just boils down to being an easier version of CS, kind of like how LoL is the easier/more accessible version of Dota. The abilities (etc) may seem like they complicate the game more, but what they actually do is give you tremendous amounts of information about where the enemy team is for free - which is a huge part of Counter Strike's skill gap, figuring out where the enemies are while remaining undetected yourself.

warzone best BR made so far. No clunky interface with healing/scopes/ammo etc. Ability to respawn your buddies. Missions to help your playstyle or status in game.

You're probably not wrong, but man, the last time I played that shit, RPG's were ruining the experience for me. Haven't since like May, so I don't know if they were nerfed or not... but yeah. The last game of warzone I played, I was in the Top 5, was on a roll... see a guy up a hill, light him up. Then he jumps up, and rpgs me like 3 times. Super cheesy.

kjs86z
08-18-2020, 10:26 AM
have heard good things about warzone....pretty much er'body playing it

Oliverwilson1987
08-18-2020, 01:18 PM
"warframe" I have been playing this game for 2 years

Baler
08-18-2020, 02:22 PM

have heard good things about warzone....pretty much er'body playing it

175GB (https://support.activision.com/call-of-duty-warzone/articles/minimum-and-recommended-specs-for-call-of-duty-warzone) Fuck That

galach
08-18-2020, 03:02 PM
more like 210 gb right now.

galach
08-18-2020, 03:18 PM
Weeberstrike: Go

Honestly, it's not a bad game. From somebody who kinda hates on Overwatch, and obviously loves CS, it's a decent game. But really it really just boils down to being an easier version of CS, kind of like how LoL is the easier/more accessible version of Dota. The abilities (etc) may seem like they complicate the game more, but what they actually do is give you tremendous amounts of information about where the enemy team is for free - which is a huge part of Counter Strike's skill gap, figuring out where the enemies are while remaining undetected yourself.

You're probably not wrong, but man, the last time I played that shit, RPG's were ruining the experience for me. Haven't since like May, so I don't know if they were nerfed or not... but yeah. The last game of warzone I played, I was in the Top 5, was on a roll... see a guy up a hill, light him up. Then he jumps up, and rpgs me like 3 times. Super cheesy.

meta always changes. Most run a long range AR/LMG and a SMG for secondary now. I don't see many pro's running RPG's anymore.

Ripqozko
08-18-2020, 03:34 PM
Rust best fps, change my mind .

imperiouskitten
08-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Hi, I was global in Counterstrike after I was cal-i, leetest person here and the answer is still Pavlov VR. It's the only remaining moddable, HL-style (CS1.6-style in fact), community-server shooter.

If you want to buy a VR kit I have an extra one completely unopened an untouched too, it's a "Vive Cosmos Elite" and it's better than the Valve Index. just dm me. Vendor sent me an extra. Oh yeah it comes with that half life alyx game too, which is a shooter. VR is awesome; the only remaining backlash is from poors. It's really cool playing online with a big paywall to keep out Mario.

GinnasP99
08-18-2020, 03:58 PM
Did they ever add multiplayer to Black Mesa ? Not sure, but deathmatch back on HL 1 was pretty fire.

A Knight
08-18-2020, 06:03 PM
I haven't played CS:GO. My computers graphic card fried last time i played a counter-strike. I'm sure it cant be that bad. I'm still not a fan of awp servers though. I also am a big fan of random maps. Its frustrating sometimes debating about whether some maps are just far better created than other maps. I like to spawn somewhere, have no idea where am i going, scout it out and figure out best way to win. Back in the day counter-strike had a new map randomly a lot. My opinion on it is, in reality you cant say, "That tower is unfair for the other team, move this there." You just appear and have to figure it out. I mean you dont just appear. You just start.

YendorLootmonkey
08-18-2020, 06:25 PM
Rust best fps, change my mind .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhgW2dS8LN8

galach
08-18-2020, 06:26 PM
Hi, I was global in Counterstrike after I was cal-i, leetest person here and the answer is still Pavlov VR. It's the only remaining moddable, HL-style (CS1.6-style in fact), community-server shooter.

If you want to buy a VR kit I have an extra one completely unopened an untouched too, it's a "Vive Cosmos Elite" and it's better than the Valve Index. just dm me. Vendor sent me an extra. Oh yeah it comes with that half life alyx game too, which is a shooter. VR is awesome; the only remaining backlash is from poors. It's really cool playing online with a big paywall to keep out Mario.

I have a Rift that I haven't touched in a while. I just can't deal with the flare issue since I have glasses in there.

Trexller
08-18-2020, 06:29 PM
Any other games with dynamic asymmetrical gameplay like Siege?

Siege maps are convoluted but you can blast/breach through most walls/floor hatches. Create your own paths/sight lines, instead of following the map paths.

So matches that play the same way twice are ultra rare. Only when OPFOR is dumb enough to do the same thing twice.

Snortles Chortles
08-18-2020, 06:42 PM
deathmatch back on HL 1 was pretty fire.

A Knight
08-18-2020, 06:48 PM
not sure how realistic this game is but splinter cell double agent (Multiplayer online) i played as much as i could for a long time. It felt to me like the first technology of a shooter game that made us spoiled with technology. I played the second to last recent one i think and i couldnt figure out how to get out of an air vent and stop playing shortly after that. I saw some videos of it online too and it didnt seem too appealing.

Naethyn
08-18-2020, 06:59 PM
It's not a shooter, but its FPS medieval combat.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/629760/MORDHAU/

BlackBellamy
08-18-2020, 08:35 PM
I played a little Battlefield One for the yucks because it's just so weird. TF2 has solid gameplay and fast action for that quick pick-me up, but it is a bit cartooney.

But I really haven't played other FPS regularly since 2006 when Red Orchestra came out. I played the shit out of that. RO2 came out in 2011 and I haven't spent as much time since my FPS bug kinda waned over time, but you can't go wrong with it.

Here's your typical gameplay video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMYoCWHIgwY

Here's some vehicle gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyrl49hCmqY I'm sure you can find more.

Technically the multiplayer component is not dead :) There's usually a 64 player EU server going, what more do you need? I think it's like five bucks and 10gig download.

Bigsham
08-18-2020, 08:39 PM
i am not into shooters but was very addicted to the star wars battlefront games that came out both 1 and 2

I was never any good and by the time i fire up the ps4 at 11 i was completely tired and blasted out of my mind so i had a good time

They talked about making them VR but i dont know if it ever happened

Jibartik
08-18-2020, 09:11 PM
Oh speaking of Battlefield, if you were a fan of Desert Combat or 1942, I believe this little thing is inspired by them both:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvs0735hlNE

I haven't tried it yet though. But it's on my list!

Twochain
08-19-2020, 02:33 PM

What team? 1v1 me

Also to answer OP's question,

BR

Warzone if you like Cod - It's kind of the jack of all trades BR. You can play with your normie console friends, you can play casually, you can take it seriously, you can respawn your team mates, and it's a well polished game. (Yes the space required sucks but it's 2020 bros wtf you doing without 1TB)
PUBG - if you like more stealthy/realistic shooter - Reminds me a bit of Americas Army
Apex Legends if you liked arena shooters (To me it's the Quake/Unreal Tournament version of a BR, also probably my favorite so far)
Escape of Tarkov - I haven't really played, but I know a lot of people having fun with it! Doesn't look like it's more me, but if i'm not mistaken it's a BR with some minor RPG Elements? I'd look into it

Competitive FPS

CS:Go - obviously
Rainbow Six Siege - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a little bit of abilities
Valorant - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a lot of abilities
Call of Duty Modern Warfare - The non BR version of the latest cod is actually a lot of fun, most fun i've had since MW2. Definitely the best choice if your just trying to shoot some people after a long day.
Overwatch - Yo dawg we heard you like moba and fps. So we put a moba in your fps so that you can fps while you moba

Minecraft FPS

Rust - It actually looks like a blast. I still haven't played, but i've watched Youtube videos that make the game look crazy fun.

strongNpretty
08-19-2020, 02:35 PM
Been goin HAM on Remnant lately.. It's like... Dark souls with guns..

https://www.remnantgame.com/en

BlackBellamy
08-19-2020, 02:41 PM
PUBG - if you like more stealthy/realistic shooter - Reminds me a bit of Americas Army

Completely ruined by hacks and the publisher's inaction regarding same. I don't mean just slightly ruined, I mean drove a stake right through the heart and done.

https://imgur.com/pL48yYM.jpg
https://imgur.com/sISOLuA.jpg

Twochain
08-19-2020, 02:58 PM
Completely ruined by hacks and the publisher's inaction regarding same. I don't mean just slightly ruined, I mean drove a stake right through the heart and done.

https://imgur.com/pL48yYM.jpg
https://imgur.com/sISOLuA.jpg

Honestly every BR i've played has had a shit load of hackers. Warzone has like 2 in every lobby. I played like 10-15 hours of pubg earlier this year and I can't recall getting shit on by a blatant hacker. (But of course used to see hackers all the time in it's hayday)

I'm sure it's also not due to INACTION, you have to remember that PUBG was essentially created by a new developer who just so happen to put out a AAA game as their very first release. Anti Cheats are both very complex and very expensive.

I read (or watched, it was a while ago and can't remember) a very interesting blog about anti cheat developers for Counter-Strike, (I believe ESEA), and essentially it boiled down to the cheat developers always being able to be one step ahead of anti cheat developers, and the ONLY way to fix this would be an ultra invasive program, or anti cheat at the hardware level.

imperiouskitten
08-19-2020, 03:27 PM
What team? 1v1 me

Also to answer OP's question,

BR

Warzone if you like Cod - It's kind of the jack of all trades BR. You can play with your normie console friends, you can play casually, you can take it seriously, you can respawn your team mates, and it's a well polished game. (Yes the space required sucks but it's 2020 bros wtf you doing without 1TB)
Apex Legends if you liked arena shooters (To me it's the Quake/Unreal Tournament version of a BR, also probably my favorite so far)
Escape of Tarkov - I haven't really played, but I know a lot of people having fun with it! Doesn't look like it's more me, but if i'm not mistaken it's a BR with some minor RPG Elements? I'd look into it

Competitive FPS

CS:Go - obviously
Rainbow Six Siege - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a little bit of abilities
Valorant - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a lot of abilities
Call of Duty Modern Warfare - The non BR version of the latest cod is actually a lot of fun, most fun i've had since MW2. Definitely the best choice if your just trying to shoot some people after a long day.
Overwatch - Yo dawg we heard you like moba and fps. So we put a moba in your fps so that you can fps while you moba

Minecraft FPS

Rust - It actually looks like a blast. I still haven't played, but i've watched Youtube videos that make the game look crazy fun.

I've actually lost the use of my hands wrt mouse+keyboard. I can only pull triggers now. ;_;

HalflingSpergand
08-19-2020, 11:01 PM
COD warzone is pretty legitimate folks. And totally free if u have sexbox 350 or failstation 4th edition and a modern era internet connection (gay)

Bondrake
08-20-2020, 08:11 AM
COD warzone is pretty legitimate folks. And totally free if u have sexbox 350 or failstation 4th edition and a modern era internet connection (gay)

Free for PC as well.

BlackBellamy
08-21-2020, 10:04 AM

BR is never legitimate FPS because BRs are platformers. Prove me wrong.

Tethler
08-22-2020, 04:18 AM
I'm pretty sure you can make bow and arrows in minecraft.

HalflingSpergand
08-22-2020, 03:42 PM
BR is never legitimate FPS because BRs are platformers. Prove me wrong.

I guess we would have to define "BRs" and also define "platformers"

HalflingSpergand
08-22-2020, 03:50 PM
I like tdm and domination better honestly but its not free

Snortles Chortles
08-22-2020, 04:23 PM
shit tier FPS
also gay

HalflingSpergand
08-22-2020, 04:26 PM
I only play duke nukem 3d, nubes

Snortles Chortles
08-22-2020, 04:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PkogE27.gif?noredirect

imperiouskitten
08-23-2020, 02:48 PM
duke is the 1st man i recall having bedroom fantasies about. it was that recording at the end of act 3 that did it. i was 5

Trexller
08-23-2020, 02:49 PM
my childhood

common ground!

Secrets
08-24-2020, 09:11 PM
wish WolfET wasn't dead, game was the fucking best

Topgunben
08-25-2020, 01:19 AM
been playing the master chief collection. Pretty fun to play coop

A Knight
08-25-2020, 02:20 AM
Natural Selection 2 was good but honestly the first was better. I miss the giant machine gun option. Now there is only the mech.

BlackBellamy
08-25-2020, 09:02 AM
duke is the 1st man i recall having bedroom fantasies about. it was that recording at the end of act 3 that did it. i was 5

I was 28. I had to walk to a store to buy my sex toy. But I wasn't embarrassed. I asked for "The Duke" and when the clerk got confused I told him that's what I was going to call it.

Snortles Chortles
08-25-2020, 10:35 AM
they sure don’t make em like they used ta

Bigsham
08-25-2020, 08:49 PM
wasnt that a school shooter ?

maybe that why you got banned?

solleks
08-25-2020, 09:26 PM
sip

douglas1999
08-25-2020, 09:29 PM
that first girl's face is like "you're using the pistol??"

douglas1999
08-26-2020, 04:08 PM
wasnt that a school shooter ?

maybe that why you got banned?

Nah he didn't shoot up a school, he *was* however still a big incel idiot retard