PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually have problems with the shower water pressure?

TripSin
08-14-2020, 11:07 PM
I'm probably going to get time in the gulag for this post when the Trumps become our monarchs, but I'm genuinely curious if anyone actually has problems with the country's shower water pressure? Mr. Cheeto was crying about it and I'm now wondering if this is even a real issue for people.

Topgunben
08-14-2020, 11:36 PM
Building codes for many parts of the country now call for low flow faucets and shower heads, along with toilets that don’t flush well because they are low GPF

I’m in the industry and no one is happy with the new toilets. Most people end up changing them out after receiving a certificate of occupancy.

Trexller
08-14-2020, 11:59 PM
liberals like to tell you how to live.

Woke Locc
08-15-2020, 12:19 AM
Good flow in western WA, anywhere east of the Cascades is a hellhole anyway

Jibartik
08-15-2020, 12:26 AM
There is a regulated speed of shower water per country?

Nuggie
08-15-2020, 12:29 AM
Sounds like an urban problem. Don't have this problem in the sticks.

Trexller
08-15-2020, 01:18 AM
There is a regulated speed of shower water per country?

building codes vary from state to state, local to local etc

Swish
08-15-2020, 02:35 AM
I had the best shower in Vegas when I visited. It was next level. I'd advise OP to move there, ignore the virus and get you a good shower pressure.

Jibartik
08-15-2020, 03:02 AM
building codes vary from state to state, local to local etc

ahh

BlackBellamy
08-15-2020, 07:35 AM
ahh

Seinfeld wrote an episode that just revolved around the protagonist's quest to get some good flow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shower_Head

The struggle is real.

Personally I don't care about the pressure, I mean it's nice but all it means is just a bit longer time. What really infuriates me is soft water. I'm an airbnb maniac and the worst is coming back to the place and trying to clean off and it just feels like you're totally covered in soap no matter what you do.

Jimjam
08-15-2020, 08:02 AM
Jeeze just buy a real vibrator already, OP. It’s 2020.

Kich867
08-15-2020, 08:21 AM
I had the best shower in Vegas when I visited. It was next level. I'd advise OP to move there, ignore the virus and get you a good shower pressure.

Really? Where'd you stay, I got put in the Flamingo that place fuckin suuuucked.

Bigsham
08-15-2020, 01:52 PM
Yea maybe you need a garbage disposal in your shower drain?

That way you can cook and prepare meals while bathing

TripSin
08-15-2020, 03:44 PM
I've lived most of my life in coastal elite cities and my shower pressure has always been robust. I guess this is a problem for hicks in Middle America and the south?

Trexller
08-15-2020, 03:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ggPe6h7.gif

https://i.imgur.com/Jg6W1Gh.gif

7thGate
08-18-2020, 10:40 AM
Low water pressure in a shower if a pet peeve for me. This is one of the only times I've actually been very happy with a random Trump tangent, because I hate this rule.

Water is an infinitely renewable resource, and I don't live in a desert. There is zero reason to have terrible water pressure in the name of conservation here. Water is basically free for a reason, and the actual real uses of water on a problematic scale involve swimming pools, watering lawns, industry and agriculture, not my shower.

Fortunately, I do not have this problem, and would modify my showerhead myself to strip out any flow impediment regardless of government mandate, as it is absolutely unacceptable.

Patriam1066
08-18-2020, 12:57 PM
Water is infinitely renewable
-things Trump voters say

BlackBellamy
08-18-2020, 01:43 PM
I heard Israel has the best water pressure!

Jimjam
08-18-2020, 01:52 PM
Low water pressure in a shower if a pet peeve for me. This is one of the only times I've actually been very happy with a random Trump tangent, because I hate this rule.

Water is an infinitely renewable resource, and I don't live in a desert. There is zero reason to have terrible water pressure in the name of conservation here. Water is basically free for a reason, and the actual real uses of water on a problematic scale involve swimming pools, watering lawns, industry and agriculture, not my shower.

Fortunately, I do not have this problem, and would modify my showerhead myself to strip out any flow impediment regardless of government mandate, as it is absolutely unacceptable.

I live in a very wet area with some pretty large reservoirs and surrounded by sea (never more than 70 miles away). Even with such an abundance of water there can be shortages in the summer.

I appreciate every area has its own challenges (major cities where I live tend not to be more than about 20 miles from each other so the population is pretty dense) but I think you are underestimating the logistical difficulties in supplying clean fresh water, removing grey and black waste and keeping it separated from the clean until it is treated.

Woke Locc
08-18-2020, 02:27 PM

https://i.imgur.com/4kkCS3P.gif

Baler
08-18-2020, 02:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4kkCS3P.gif

confirmed Woke Locc was sending galach PMs about nazis and hate speech.

I already know I am going to wake up with multiple PM's about Nazi's or hate speech in this thread.

/locked

https://i.imgur.com/maSwJw5.gif

Snortles Chortles
08-18-2020, 02:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zuo9ATr.jpeg

imperiouskitten
08-18-2020, 03:43 PM
Really? Where'd you stay, I got put in the Flamingo that place fuckin suuuucked.

at the Trump Hotel the 120 gallon roman tub only took like 15 minutes to fill. Every McMansion i've stayed over at in Vegas also had pretty nice shower facility too. I think the game is Airbnb'ing one of those nowadays.

douglas1999
08-18-2020, 04:14 PM
Nah I don't sell that one... they use it in the circus, it's for elephants

Thaaats right...

imperiouskitten
08-18-2020, 04:16 PM
Nah I don't sell that one... they use it in the circus, it's for elephants

Thaaats right...

it was my shitty child attracted bf of the time!!! the fat one. not me!!!

imperiouskitten
08-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Good flow in western WA, anywhere east of the Cascades is a hellhole anyway

7thGate
08-18-2020, 08:55 PM
I live in a very wet area with some pretty large reservoirs and surrounded by sea (never more than 70 miles away). Even with such an abundance of water there can be shortages in the summer.

I appreciate every area has its own challenges (major cities where I live tend not to be more than about 20 miles from each other so the population is pretty dense) but I think you are underestimating the logistical difficulties in supplying clean fresh water, removing grey and black waste and keeping it separated from the clean until it is treated.

I am really not. There's a reason why water costs almost nothing, its because its not actually that hard to make. You can't waste it on a massive scale, but a shower use is frankly so small as to be trivial. By far the larger cost and associated environmental impact is heating the water, which could cost upwards of 10 cents a minute on a 5 gpm showerhead.

Hot showers with decent pressure are one of life's great joys and are absolutely trivial in resource use. Under no circumstances will I accept flow restriction on my showerheads.