PDA

View Full Version : an angry goblin

EkotTunnel
08-14-2020, 02:03 AM
Hi there

Is there anyway to make new system for an angry goblin?
(not the roll etc)

Can you shorten window? atleast half the time
Be as scout in timer? more often and add a small window or something

This "bottleneck" is so hmm(put your own word in here) on this server. It realy removes all fun in game. the possible waiting to do nothing in worst case 7h when finaly can be online and play some. Yes ofcourse players can skip do some quests...

Hope more think like me on this and wishes for a good change.

Hideousclaw
08-14-2020, 04:06 AM
Gonna have to find in era evidence that suggests the window was smaller or different than what it is. Otherwise, its a suck fest every 72-79hrs

EkotTunnel
08-14-2020, 04:33 AM
I dont need to do that. But i understand you.
"Is there anyway to make new system for an angry goblin? "

kaizersoze
08-14-2020, 06:12 AM
I dont need to do that. But i understand you.
"Is there anyway to make new system for an angry goblin? "

"NoTcLaSsIc! MaYaSwElLGiVeEvErYoNEThEiRSwCaNdThEiRePiC!"

EkotTunnel
08-14-2020, 08:02 AM
"NoTcLaSsIc! MaYaSwElLGiVeEvErYoNEThEiRSwCaNdThEiRePiC!"

Always some "smartass" that need to be cool or something. You dont need to answer like that.

LazyHydras
08-14-2020, 08:09 AM
Honestly, this server is already Selectively Classic™ anyway. . . I would be in favor of shortening the window or removing the variance altogether. At the very least, revise the player-made agreement to make it a 30 second roll as, I assume, the people who vocally demanded a 10 second roll are probably long done with getting their rings, anyway.

Fammaden
08-14-2020, 08:30 AM
Roll back all of chardok 2.0 and delete any existing items associated with the patch would be the best fix.

LazyHydras
08-14-2020, 09:01 AM
I remember when the ultra-neckbeards Kelzaraz and Chunkers demanded a 5 second (!) roll on shady gobbo because, and I quote "it is for a BiS item."

lmao. shady gobbo roll is for a BiS item? that's news to me.

zodium
08-14-2020, 09:22 AM
This "bottleneck" is so hmm(put your own word in here) on this server. It realy removes all fun in game. the possible waiting to do nothing in worst case 7h when finaly can be online and play some.

you may not like what everquest has to offer

7thGate
08-14-2020, 09:29 AM
Personally, I'm just skipping this one. I'm not going to do the faction grind only to have to go win a daily roll only to have to go to a roll with a repeated 7 hour window followed by needing to get a rare drop off a 24 hour spawn. Just no.

That being said, if we actually wanted to make this step less terrible, it would seem to me that you would have a roll at the opening of the window, and whoever wins owns the angry for that spawn. Everyone else can go about their lives and that one person can sock the window the one time.

EkotTunnel
08-14-2020, 10:05 AM
That being said, if we actually wanted to make this step less terrible, it would seem to me that you would have a roll at the opening of the window, and whoever wins owns the angry for that spawn. Everyone else can go about their lives and that one person can sock the window the one time.

Not a bad idée, we should work that out somehow =), but need some friends to help kill the big dude.

Ripqozko
08-14-2020, 11:12 AM
Angry goblin is fine, moved to resolved.

Kirdan
08-14-2020, 12:54 PM

Good idea.

Lurgort/Sseri
08-14-2020, 01:49 PM
Personally, I'm just skipping this one. I'm not going to do the faction grind only to have to go win a daily roll only to have to go to a roll with a repeated 7 hour window followed by needing to get a rare drop off a 24 hour spawn. Just no.

Great idea.
Additionally, have said person call friends for Skargus halfway through window if he hasn't popped by then.

Arvan
08-14-2020, 01:57 PM
Idk i did this quest like a year ago ? And it was pretty easy. Took me maybe 1/50th of the time warrior epic did.

Lurgort/Sseri
08-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Idk i did this quest like a year ago ? And it was pretty easy. Took me maybe 1/50th of the time warrior epic did.

A year ago there weren't 40-50 people socking the Angry Goblin, every spawn window, right?

Arvan
08-14-2020, 02:49 PM
A year ago there weren't 40-50 people socking the Angry Goblin, every spawn window, right?

There were like 10-15 people showing up every window back then. I kept losing the roll so i just parked my char there and logged in on an earthquake was just me and 1 guy. I remember trying to get the roll agreements together was a nightmare cause so many people (idiots?) wanted it to be a clickfest.

Lurgort/Sseri
08-14-2020, 03:55 PM
There were like 10-15 people showing up every window back then. I kept losing the roll so i just parked my char there and logged in on an earthquake was just me and 1 guy. I remember trying to get the roll agreements together was a nightmare cause so many people (idiots?) wanted it to be a clickfest.

Ahh, nice. Quake seems like the best bet for sure.

jijii
08-14-2020, 04:37 PM
roll at window start is an amazing idea. it improves literally everyone's quality of life while maintaining the classic spawn mechanics

Dreenk317
08-14-2020, 09:12 PM
The only problem I see with rolling at window start. Is that the window can shift from day to day. And its not published. For instance, I win roll at window start, so everyone logs off. Then mob spawns and no one but me and my friends are there. We turn in and kill it, now there is a new window start time. And only me and my friends know it. So, ya, that could be an issue.

7thGate
08-15-2020, 12:37 AM
If it got moved to start of window, it should be a requirement to post the time somewhere, such as a thread in the forum here. Enforcing that could potentially be handled in a number of ways with varying degrees of complexity and chance of success.

Simplest might be that failure to post the spawn time is a violation of the agreement and is petitionable by anyone who felt like sticking around. Someone will probably stick around hoping the roll winner screws up.