PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Janam / Rebby Quest

sigundo
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
The Janam and Rebby quests (running notes from under the Freeport Docks to West Freeport (near theatre of the tranquil) does not seem to be rewarding faction the same as Original EQ. In the original version, an Ogre worshipping Rallos Zek would be non-KOS to Freeport Militia in 40 runs of the quest. (90 for iksar/trolls). I have done this quest 65 times and the rogues guild went from dubious to apprehensive, but no change at all from any other factions (that I could click on without being killed). I don't mind doing it more as long as it is giving returns (even 1 point per run), but if its not going to change the reported factions (I am getting the messages), I need to reroll into something else, though I really do like doing faction work vs raiding, dungeons and the like.

Is there any way to check my character, have me turn in a quest and check again to see if it is rewarding faction? (other than the rogues guild, which seems to be working, just much slower than normal).

nilbog
08-20-2011, 09:37 AM
This is a generic message requesting more information.

Please post research/links regarding this bug report and it will be further investigated and fixed if necessary.

If this has been corrected since the time of original posting, please respond as such so it can be moved to resolved issues.

Thanks.

Uthgaard
08-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Ok, there are two separate "bad" CoalitionofTradefolks in the db and both are used willy nilly in the quests. CoalitionofTradefolkUnderground and CoalitionofTradefolkIll. I'm working on merging the two.

Uthgaard
08-26-2011, 11:53 AM
lol @ the tag

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
08-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Does this mean that the Freeport guards are on three factions? In classic they were on "The Freeport Militia" and "The Coalition of Tradefolk Underground".

I understand that there are currently two factions that are supposed to be the same thing, (The Coalition of Tradefolk Underground/The Coalition of Tradefolk Ill) but does that mean the Freeport guards con under all three factions until the two Tradefolk ones are merged?

Also, once the factions are merged, will my slate be wiped clean? Will my standing with "The Coalition of Tradefolk Underground" be replaced by what I have with "The Coalition of Tradefolk Ill" or vise versa?

I've done a bit of work with Tradefolk Underground, and haven't seen any messages for Tradefolk Ill. I'm just curious as to how I should plan out my faction questing, if anything I do before the two are merged will still have an effect.

Uthgaard
08-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Mobs only 'have' one faction. Just because a mob gives hits for 5 different things, doesn't mean it's on all 5 of those factions.

Uthgaard
08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Ok so basically, all of your hits across the two separate factions will be summed and placed into the single faction that will be used in quests and db from this point forward. This will place you exactly where you should be, since before your hits were being divided among two separate factions.

I didn't ensure that every race class and deity modifier for the faction is correct, and I didn't make sure that every mob that is supposed to be on the faction is on it, or that every mob that is on the faction is supposed to be on it. Virtually every non-kunark faction in the game needs that done, and it's unbelievably time consuming.

Post bug reports about individual changes that need done as far as the rest of it goes.

Baron
01-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I have recently started playing again and I am experiencing the same faction reward issues as Segundo.

I have a 12th level DE Wizard on the Project 1999 server named Baronzz.

I've done the Note for Rebby quest http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=613 approximately 60 times and the Note for Janam http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=612 quest approximately 30 times.

Since the beginning I have seen zero improvement any and all of the factions that should have been raised by this quest:

Coalition of Tradefolk Ill.
Coalition of Tradefolk.
Carson McCabe.
Corrupt Qeynos Guards.
The Freeport Militia.

I'm not sure what other type of research I can provide you than what I have.

Can you please look into this.

Thanks