PDA

View Full Version : Zones randomly stop working

Zanti
02-28-2010, 04:33 PM
I have been playing for awhile now and things have been pretty smooth; however I been experiencing a problem lately with zones working for me one day and then refusing me access the next. The first time this happened I was zoning into South Ro, I crashed and then I could not log in that character even though the zone was up. I tried reinstalling titanium and setting everything to server recommended specs but nothing worked, I could play anywhere on the server BUT that one zone.

Yesterday I camped out in Rathe Mountains and today I cannot log him in, the zone is up and people are playing in it. When ever I try, the game locks up and I get disconnected. I can load up alts and play but I cannot get into that bloody zone.

Edit: Also, if i create an alt and try to zone into the problem zone the game freezes and I get kicked to the log in screen. That character then becomes inaccessible.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? Is there any solution?

Any help would be welcome.

Badalight
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Small question branching off of this, why are maps in here in the first place? I'm sure there weren't any maps in Classic EQ, and I thought this was trying to recreate that experience.

guineapig
03-01-2010, 01:12 AM
The only maps available are the city maps and newbi zone maps. The rest are all disabled. I'm not certain but I'm guessing it's a limitation of Titanium to remove it completely or else the devs would have done so a long time ago.

(Personally, I like having them as I don't with to spend an hour minimizing EQ to look up maps online for Neriak and run the risk of the game crashing when I try to bring the screen back up. Considering that I'm KOS there when not using an illusion you could understand why. I know I will get burned alive for saying this but people are going to look up the maps anyway so why bother removing what little is still there. Most people have the newbi zones memorized anyway by now. Oh and also, before anyone asks the Butcherblock and Nektulos maps are broken and they will not be fixed.)

carrots
01-06-2011, 03:38 AM
its your internet connection man. you on wireless?