PDA

View Full Version : Epic quests poll (just curious)

Tunabros
07-30-2020, 06:37 PM

Saisu
07-30-2020, 07:58 PM
I like the mix and disparity. I’ll never see Bard epic, but I sure did get the Beastlord (joke) epic and had a blast doing that as a very casual player. Got to fight a giant spider and everything.

Some EQ people love the 7 day spawns, the rare drops, and prestige (which is a huge part of MMO culture, and the hardcore player base), while others can maybe get theirs done with a handful of friends, no killing gods required.

Snaggles
07-30-2020, 09:36 PM
I’ve always considered the epic as a side note to the class. If class defining its often fairly achievable. Rogue, cleric, ranger offhand, etc. The one on the fence is the warrior epic...it makes for a significantly more aggro producing tank. I haven’t seen two warriors go at it though, one with a frostbringer/infestation and the other with epics. Maybe the dps casters could chime in. Unless a warrior is geared like an idiot they can hold aggro; just give them a little lead time.

Yea there are edge cases. Like bards. But when you can get 90% of the class performance with instruments far cheaper than a rogue MQ it just means you are less versatile as a support class. It doesn’t invalidate your role.

So none of the above. I like the way it is. Variety is the spice of life. If I had a bard or mage I would probably vehemently disagree.

Pint
07-30-2020, 09:46 PM
Not sure why ppl are comparing bard epic to mage, white scales drop more often then earth staff and unless things have changed the the war epic and the green scale is harder to get and more expensive.

Snaggles
07-30-2020, 10:29 PM
I was just grouping them in a general “harder” category. No, they are not the same in the slightest.

Tunabros
07-31-2020, 06:55 PM
I’ve always considered the epic as a side note to the class. If class defining its often fairly achievable. Rogue, cleric, ranger offhand, etc. The one on the fence is the warrior epic...it makes for a significantly more aggro producing tank. I haven’t seen two warriors go at it though, one with a frostbringer/infestation and the other with epics. Maybe the dps casters could chime in. Unless a warrior is geared like an idiot they can hold aggro; just give them a little lead time.

Yea there are edge cases. Like bards. But when you can get 90% of the class performance with instruments far cheaper than a rogue MQ it just means you are less versatile as a support class. It doesn’t invalidate your role.

So none of the above. I like the way it is. Variety is the spice of life. If I had a bard or mage I would probably vehemently disagree.

I just want to look cool tbh