PDA

View Full Version : Current state of EQ live TLP server Aradune better than Green p99

Nizilfkm
07-23-2020, 05:23 PM
FYI- Started a new account for greens launch but i played here since day one on blue and red (brief on red lol like most) so dont bother with the " but but but his start date" and this was my first TLP. I haven't been on live since 03' ish

The EQ live Aradune TLP is just a more enjoyable playing experience versus Green and the p99 community in general now. The amount of toxic bullshit I had been putting up with that doesn't even exist on Aradune made me wonder wtf had i grown accustomed too.

- ill take the krono bot farmers over the 24/7 perma campers, guild lock downs any day of the week. Most of the time those bot clowns either dont know the camp spot or react to slowly to stop anybody with half a brain.

- All the bullshit is removed. Nobody's playing EQ because we remember fondly the naked two hour corpse recovery or clicking a 1000 times to loot patch leather because you need the plat, or squeezed into the only 3 zones with 35+ people earch trying to get that same item list of things.

- Dual boxing. Zero issue. Im not even sure wtf people were complaining about. From 1 to 50 I went to all the high end camps solo and in groups- you just don't have a problem because you can use pick zone and go do what you want to do without any nonsense. DE mask? Go camp it. Want a quest item? Go camp it.

- Krono. Again zero issue. Bought one at the start to sell because I had heard all the stories and I thought im gonna need it. Never needed it. I leveled and camped shit, and it looks like im going to just buy it in game so i can play for free. And PRICING JUST A BIG WTF P99 Green? Pricing is actually normal things go up or down depending at the point of the server. I can't think of a better example of the destroyed economy on Green then Aradune's. It will literally blow your mind how easy it is to just play the game and gear up normally. Like we did in 99' ......

Kinda long but i wanted people to know what your missing out. The "not classic" live vs p99 crowd i think you'll find the give and take (no rechanged items, no raid scenes where one guild gets away with murder, no custom zem's, i could go on) Its a push now. They also fixed the server bullshit. Anyway discuss/

Quick edit for the OMG DA LUCLIN MODELS AND NEW SPELL GEMS ARE AIDS crowd. You can click them off. You can click all the new model stuff off. And the changed zones, i dont even notice- was never a big FP guy

galach
07-23-2020, 05:37 PM
What about the 10 minute zone load times?

Gustoo
07-23-2020, 05:46 PM
RIP

Nizilfkm
07-23-2020, 05:56 PM

Fixed. Seconds and a few more seconds on my less powerful notebook.

All the horrendous nonsense that went on the first month seems to be fixed and its still populated to the gills- but the population doesn't come into play with your playing

tsuchang
07-23-2020, 06:00 PM
How do you do boxing? Is there a easy for old people to understand video or guide?

Nizilfkm
07-23-2020, 06:06 PM
How do you do boxing? Is there a easy for old people to understand video or guide?

I put my notebook next to my pc's monitor and the mouse on the same pad with 4 buttons (attack,heal,slow,dot). Thats it. I made a few hot buttons, the follow command a x100000 better now and your set. I boxed a ranger-shaman for a bit and now doing a necro solo.

Edit- Its a "true box" server, meaning one account per PC. You would have to VPN it if you wanted to alt-tab and run two accounts on the same pc

tsuchang
07-23-2020, 06:12 PM
what two classes/races do u play?
is it free to play?

Bigsham
07-23-2020, 06:13 PM

Fixed 3 weeks ago

Nizilfkm
07-23-2020, 06:30 PM
what two classes/races do u play?
is it free to play?

Its 17 or 15 a month to get started for a live subscription but you can legit make enough plat just playing the game to buy a krono in EC to pay for the following months sub. I think krono is a 3.2k now?

I started a ranger, added a shaman (barbarian) after somebody told me how easy it was and just started a necro that i plan to race change to iksar at Kunark launch in a month. Ranger is only 47, i mean you can push and hit 50 like here but wanted to hit all quest lines and group cp spots

DMN
07-23-2020, 06:34 PM
just get it over with and go play WOW already.

douglas1999
07-23-2020, 06:44 PM
the word "toxic" sure is in right now. it's so perfectly vague as to be used to describe anything anyone doesn't like

here I'll try: pick zones are toxic and ruin the experience of playing original everquest

Indecisive
07-23-2020, 07:18 PM
I played a bard on two of the TLP servers, the first being Ragefire, where I lasted about a month due to the mage armies. The second was the True Box perma-lock for PoP, and it just never felt like EverQuest to me. I think I might have had a song resisted half a dozen times the entire time I was playing, and that was while routinely killing reds. By the time things started to get yellow, most people were moving on because the content was so trivial, and yellows weren't good enough exp.

It was definitely nice to be able to raid without poopsocking your whole life away - but the raids were so boring because the content was so under-tuned. Because of the way the damage tables are, along with augs and other crap, everything just felt like a loot piñata. There was virtually no danger of failure.

There's a lot of things I wish were different about P99, but it's always felt like EverQuest.

Nizilfkm
07-23-2020, 07:43 PM
just get it over with and go play WOW already.

Never played wow

the word "toxic" sure is in right now. it's so perfectly vague as to be used to describe anything anyone doesn't like

here I'll try: pick zones are toxic and ruin the experience of playing original everquest

Its actually pretty specific and been around for years to describe that is in some way caustic, hostile- you know, the internet. That place people try to use examples they dont understand to say they dont like something.

douglas1999
07-23-2020, 09:21 PM
Never played wow

Its actually pretty specific and been around for years to describe that is in some way caustic, hostile- you know, the internet. That place people try to use examples they dont understand to say they dont like something.

Yes and I find pick zones to be caustic and hostile to the classic experience. I think we actually agree!

bubur
07-23-2020, 10:15 PM
not gonna sugar coat it. the zone time issue was really terrible and I'm not confident that it won't be back every xpac release that comes. seems whenever aradune gets over a threshold of players, it just breaks.

other than that, it's functionally not different from the last 4 tlp's.

but we playing it w some old frens from p99/r99. having fun, consider the qeynos militia if u join. doin it for brad

it ain't perfect tho, and yeah it's not classic eq. comparing it to green is a little dishonest - totally different goals. why not play both

DMN
07-24-2020, 12:58 AM
Never played wow

What are you waiting for? Easy Quest is just around the corner.

RecondoJoe
07-24-2020, 05:07 AM
- Dual boxing. Zero issue. Im not even sure wtf people were complaining about. From 1 to 50 I went to all the high end camps solo and in groups- you just don't have a problem because you can use pick zone and go do what you want to do without any nonsense. DE mask? Go camp it. Want a quest item? Go camp it

Dual boxing is a little different when you can create an infinite amount of free accounts and there’s no monthly subscription fee. This is why no one complains about boxing on WoW. If someone wants to pay $100 a month to run around with a mage army then power to them.

BlackBellamy
07-24-2020, 07:04 AM
The EQ live Aradune TLP is just a more enjoyable playing experience versus Green and the p99 community in general now.

Anyway discuss/

Well, you do describe a bunch of features which you like, so it's "better" and "more enjoyable" to you. You want a DE mask, go camp it, you say. You like convenience with the nostalgia. It's not a sin.

But I think in your newfound exuberance you forget something. The vast majority of people here are not here to play Everquest. If we were then we would be giving Daybreak money along with you.

The people here, we're here to play Project 1999. P99 isn't Everquest in spite of the logos and the graphics telling you so. Everquest moved on long ago and it is what it is. And whatever it is it's something we don't want. We're not ignorant. Many of have played TLP and the rest are pretty informed what's going on. The things you describe are simply not appealing to the vast majority here.

You're talking to people who considered that they would have a small window of time combined with a giant boatload of political passive-aggressive bootlicking and poopsocking and some really lucky loot rolls in order to maybe get a badly rendered stick they can wave around in the EC tunnel and they were like "I'm so down with this RIGHT NOW!".

Don't rage-delete your P99 chars is all I'm sayin.

bubur
07-24-2020, 01:17 PM
TOO LATE IM RAGIN

Asteria
07-25-2020, 01:20 AM

Bigsham
07-25-2020, 04:32 PM
imagine having 1 innoruk 1 cazic 1 sky clear 1 vox 1 nagafen per week?

for thousands of players

then imagine doing those bosses when your guild pre plans them on aradune with no competition in a relaxed play atmosphere and realize its 2020

then realize you could be banned and stripped at any moment because you play on p99

Nibblewitz
07-25-2020, 06:52 PM
Imagine using no effort to destroy classic mobs with unclassic gear, abilities, and spells.

Then imagine visiting the forums of another server to talk about it.

Snortles Chortles
07-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Imagine using no effort to destroy classic mobs with unclassic gear, abilities, and spells.

Then imagine visiting the forums of another server to talk about it.

Bigsham
07-25-2020, 08:10 PM
only ability i know thats unclassic on aradune is warrior having provoke so they can actually hold aggro and be viable without stupid mallets

Asteria
07-25-2020, 11:09 PM
What people mean by TLPs being Un-Classic

Melee weapon augments that heal you or deal damage(x2 dual wielding)
healing potions that can be drank every 2 minutes for around 500hp or so of healing at level 40+
20 min potions of 3 mana regen/tick that are dirt cheap(20pp/10) that stacks w clarity/lich & work at low levels
Vastly more powerful & efficient DoT spells across the board
More efficient healimg spells across the board
Ranger greater healing
Shaman, druid, paladin superior healing
Bind wounds up 70% hp for all classes starting at lvl 1/0 skill
Bind wounds while medding
Vastly improved hp/mana regen while "resting"
Everybody has gate with "Origin" - Casters have 2 bind points
You get to instantly see when you have any aggro/or lose it in '"Ext Target" Window
You are shown time remaing on all buffs/debuffs when you click a key or hover the pointer over the debuff/dot icon below your target's HP bar
Hole loot so early makes twinking a bit cheaper/more powerful in classic - 300-400p smoldering brands + 500p Mudman enforcers + cheap Loam pieces
You never lose your gear or bags when you die

Swish
07-26-2020, 01:54 AM
All you have to do is look at TLP/updated Freeport - if you don't log back out again then there's little hope for you as a classic EQ'er.

Baler
07-26-2020, 02:39 AM
All you have to do is look at TLP/updated Freeport - if you don't log back out again then there's little hope for you as a classic EQ'er.

real, classic freeport was something magical that doesn't make sense to the newer crowd.

RecondoJoe
07-26-2020, 08:35 AM

healing potions that can be drank every 2 minutes for around 500hp or so of healing at level 40+
20 min potions of 3 mana regen/tick that are dirt cheap(20pp/10) that stacks w clarity/lich & work at low levels
Ranger greater healing
You get to instantly see when you have any aggro/or lose it in '"Ext Target" Window
You are shown time remaing on all buffs/debuffs when you click a key or hover the pointer over the debuff/dot icon below your target's HP bar
Hole loot so early makes twinking a bit cheaper/more powerful in classic - 300-400p smoldering brands + 500p Mudman enforcers + cheap Loam pieces

Class balance is completely different too. If you look up DPS rankings in TLP it will blow your mind.

JurisDictum
07-26-2020, 10:05 AM
TLP is fun idk i was supposed to farm krono like a chinaman but i quit. It's an awful lot more playable than this thing.

Bigsham
07-26-2020, 02:29 PM

melee augs are like 20 dmg
true but no one seems to buy them because classic is a joke and nothing is difficult
3 mana real deal breaker
Dots stack yes, but bosses are a joke anyways in classic so who cares, its 2020
Nothing does any real damage and all bosses are zerged especially on p99 ???

Ranger greater healing
There arent many rangers
oooooh
Yea bandages break everquest
This is a good thing
Resting isnt in yet
Not possible to explain how amazin origin is, go back and get your new spells and sell, casters get 2 binds easy to unload
Amazing
Yup A+
i leveled 44-50 in hole i saw less then 5 pieces
No corpse runs hurray !

You forgot how amazing the PARCEL System is you can mail stuff to your friends and sell without going to someplace stupid

Someone remind this kid its 2020 and you are trying to hardmode a pointless game for no reason other then your real life shortcomings

i suppose you think a keurig coffee machine deprives you of the real coffee making experience?

We need a petsmart job application over here asap

Asteria
07-26-2020, 04:36 PM
You forgot how amazing the PARCEL System is you can mail stuff to your friends and sell without going to someplace stupid

Someone remind this kid its 2020 and you are trying to hardmode a pointless game for no reason other then your real life shortcomings

i suppose you think a keurig coffee machine deprives you of the real coffee making experience?

We need a petsmart job application over here asap

I haven't played on P99 for months and you're just some sad weirdo that trolls anonymously :(

Indecisive
07-26-2020, 08:05 PM

Ranger greater healing

16. Melody command for Bards
17. Shared Bank
18. Maps
19. Greatly reduced resist rates
20. /pickzone
21. Instanced raiding
22. Sanctioned RMT in Krono
23. Boxing

Bigsham
07-26-2020, 08:25 PM
Gaming keyboards / mice do that on p99 too
17. Shared Bank
Pretty cool you dont have to box a bank char
18. Maps
Maps are great!
Not really
20. /pickzone
50+ new zone hurray ! ( Was 12 instances of lower guk when i was leveling )
21. Instanced raiding
Hurray !
Krono skyrocketing in price , there wont be many around due to 90% of gamers having no jobs or real money
23. Boxing
More boxing on p99 honestly

tsuchang
07-28-2020, 10:21 PM
P99 is free. That does it for me.

Lune
07-28-2020, 10:38 PM
17. Shared Bank
18. Maps
20. /pickzone
21. Instanced raiding
23. Boxing

All these things are negatives for me lol

The biggest thing for me was that the community on TLPs are shit. A whole lot of quiet people boxing their mages and very little of the emergent gameplay and social elements you find on P99.

TLP's are great for the people with underdeveloped prefrontal cortices who can't delay gratification and comprehend abstracted effort:reward

Bigsham
07-29-2020, 08:29 PM

The biggest thing for me was that the community on TLPs are shit. A whole lot of quiet people boxing their mages and very little of the emergent gameplay and social elements you find on P99.

TLP's are great for the people with underdeveloped prefrontal cortices who can't delay gratification and comprehend abstracted effort:reward

Yea alot more toxic people on p99 from what ive seen

Nizilfkm
07-30-2020, 11:16 AM

Complete bullshit. Easily as many cool people interacting as on p99.

I love how people try to list all the nonclassic shit but ignore the facts like this where complete content is delayed or locked out completely -

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364441

Which was impossible to do back in actual classic due to daily server resets. And dont say /lists fix the problem when everyone knows people were running programs to keep their characters logged in and responding for 3 days straight...ffs

Bigsham
07-30-2020, 11:26 AM
list is the most ridiculous shit ive ever heard in my life

it allows naked garbage players with no friends to get the best items if they pay people in other countries $5 a day to sit there

JurisDictum
07-30-2020, 03:00 PM
bigsham are you ironlion? i am developing a stockholmlike appreciation of u.

Bigsham
07-30-2020, 08:20 PM
No, im steaks

aka tomato

loved iron tho

so many great players from classic

not you tho, you are ultra fucking boring

JurisDictum
07-30-2020, 10:15 PM
No, im steaks

aka tomato

loved iron tho

so many great players from classic

not you tho, you are ultra fucking boring

haha u too bro

keep it up tho u might be getting skillups

bubur
08-01-2020, 10:17 AM
won’t have to pay 500k-1m plat for an earth staff on aradune

inb4 but muh classic item experience. neither servers are classic and that’s just reality

Bigsham
08-01-2020, 10:43 AM
dont forget its 2020