PDA

View Full Version : Bard Epic is stupid rare

UglyTater
07-22-2020, 04:01 AM
What do you need to get a white dragon scale? To be in one of the 'elite' guilds that can kill Gorenaire or delevel mains to kill Vox. P99 is great fun, and I enjoy it every day logging in and talking to friend, but I hate being told if I'd like to get my epic I should join Riot or AG. The most game changing epic is the cleric epic, and since the royals in Chardok have been up for days I don't think there's a ton of people wishing their cleric had the epic. Why punish the bards?

Croco
07-22-2020, 05:45 AM
There are plenty of guilds that have access to white scales that aren't AG or Riot. Kittens has plenty of epic bards.

Crede
07-22-2020, 08:24 AM
Cleric epic is great for raids, but it’s not really class defining like the bard or mage epic that elevates them to an entirely different level.

Be thankful you don’t have to sac trak too. You gotta either get on the bat phone, find a way to farm enough pp to buy it, or roll one of the other 11 classes or so with Relatively easy epics.

pogs4ever
07-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Tss contests vox sometimes as well.

Sabin76
07-22-2020, 11:29 AM
...or mage epic that elevates them to an entirely different level.

Does it, though? I mean, Fluffy's amazing on paper, but what does having the epic pet give a mage that "elevates them" to a new level? Perhaps I'm ignorant (by listening to disgruntled mages... which is why I'm asking), but I was under the impression that GV:Water is more DPS due to backstab, and Kunark+ mobs completely outstrip ALL mage pets in power level to the point that the epic really only allows you to farm pp camps better. If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't call it elevating.

Honest question from someone who would work to get their epic pet regardless of the answer... because...

Hideousclaw
07-22-2020, 03:42 PM
Some epics are ridiculously hard, and not even game changingly good. Mage epic is awesome but provides little outside of solo content. They’re good DPS, but not game changing.
Some are insanely good and easy af to get (lookin at you, cleric)

I do wish that the barrier of entry for these epics weren’t so high. I don’t like that some guilds never see child’s tear/soul leach/slime blood/white scales. I know the prior 3 of those can change with the Fear Golem agreement going around, and that’s probably the biggest success for me as it helps to make other guilds have access to epics where otherwise they got to farm money and find a seller, or have to leave their guild and join one of the guilds who have the ancient content on farm.

Tl;dr = make bottleneck epics easier. Don’t need to be given Out like candy (monk/rogue/cleric) but something easier than Bard and Mage level rarity

kaizersoze
07-22-2020, 03:46 PM
Some epics are ridiculously hard, and not even game changingly good. Mage epic is awesome but provides little outside of solo content. They’re good DPS, but not game changing.
Some are insanely good and easy af to get (lookin at you, cleric)

I do wish that the barrier of entry for these epics weren’t so high. I don’t like that some guilds never see child’s tear/soul leach/slime blood/white scales. I know the prior 3 of those can change with the Fear Golem agreement going around, and that’s probably the biggest success for me as it helps to make other guilds have access to epics where otherwise they got to farm money and find a seller, or have to leave their guild and join one of the guilds who have the ancient content on farm.

Tl;dr = make bottleneck epics easier. Don’t need to be given Out like candy (monk/rogue/cleric) but something easier than Bard and Mage level rarity

WTB more green dragon scales

conoutoftrol
07-22-2020, 07:40 PM
run in circles selling powerlevels til u have 1 million plat then buy the scales. ezpz

Zipity
07-22-2020, 10:35 PM
Freedom is also securing white scales with quite a few less members or built up DKP than the above guilds. you should check us out you could have that epic in a few months if you put in the work!

kaizersoze
07-22-2020, 11:02 PM
But is Furoar using a willsapper on a wizard to slow vox?

Ripqozko
07-22-2020, 11:02 PM
Does hot drop white scales?

UglyTater
07-23-2020, 04:05 AM
I'd just love a summoned Vox that drops a White Dragon Scale the way we have a summoned Faydedar. If that existed then guilds that can kill Vox might contest real Vox.

UglyTater
07-23-2020, 04:10 AM
And no, HoT doesn't drop white scales, it's only off of Lady Vox and Gorenaire.

UglyTater
07-23-2020, 04:16 AM
For all the suggestions about other guilds contesting these 2 mobs, I have made friends in the guild I am in. Why should I have to leave it just for my epic? If I joined another guild just to get my epic I'd want to go back, and that would be disingenuous on my part. I don't want to be that person, but the white dragon scale is silly stupid to get.

Hideousclaw
07-23-2020, 04:54 AM
For all the suggestions about other guilds contesting these 2 mobs, I have made friends in the guild I am in. Why should I have to leave it just for my epic? If I joined another guild just to get my epic I'd want to go back, and that would be disingenuous on my part. I don't want to be that person, but the white dragon scale is silly stupid to get.

Agreed. AG saw a lot of people over the years join, put in time to get an epic, and leave. Its not fun, and honestly that shouldn't be the only/one of few option for someone who wants their epic. Stuff should be readily available. Blue is far and beyond the "classic" that it was supposed to emulate. At this point the content is farmed beyond classic, and QoL improvements wouldn't be terrible. Especially if it helps to maintain a diverse raid scene and not just merge and distill it into some top-heavy binary scene in order to get that one piece you like.

Fammaden
07-23-2020, 12:13 PM
Let's set up a serverwide rotation for vox/gore so DB and other casual raid guilds can have a chance at white scales too and none of us have to sock windows on these otherwise very lame mobs.

There I fixed it, you're welcome.

xdrcfrx
07-23-2020, 12:23 PM
just add white scales and green scales to the appropriate dragons in ToV. Put white scales on the loot table for Jorl and Goz, and green scales on the loot table for...I dunno, zlex and maybe fesh?

If red scales can be obtained from Ragefire, then it's not unreasonable to maybe make green and white scales more accessible as well.

Nibblewitz
07-23-2020, 12:34 PM
I drink your milkshake. I drink it up! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4)

Jimjam
07-23-2020, 01:02 PM
just add white scales and green scales to the appropriate dragons in ToV. Put white scales on the loot table for Jorl and Goz, and green scales on the loot table for...I dunno, zlex and maybe fesh?

If red scales can be obtained from Ragefire, then it's not unreasonable to maybe make green and white scales more accessible as well.

Screw it, if we aren’t going to be classic, throw them on the ww dragons. They’re closer in difficulty to vox. Maybe give them to Roland too in wl. Poor wyrm must think there is something wrong with him.

Gozuk
07-23-2020, 01:26 PM
I think a Vox roation would be a cool thing to do for some of the bards that maybe don't want to jump ship just for epic.

Not saying the only way to have a shot at killing her is to be in Riot or anything like that, I understand any guild can at least make an effort to compete, but I think sometimes we forget just how much players on P99 vary as far as play time goes.

Arkanjil
07-23-2020, 02:41 PM
I've heard WW white dragons drop white scales

reznor_
07-23-2020, 02:45 PM
Freedom is also securing white scales with quite a few less members or built up DKP than the above guilds. you should check us out you could have that epic in a few months if you put in the work!

And he's right.

Come join the fun. We got some white scales just last week and are always looking for more bards :)

http://freedom.guild99.org/app.php/applicationform

totmanc
07-23-2020, 08:38 PM
The solution is simple: Nortlov the Scalekeeper, 33%chance for White, Red and Green scales. would actually solve all the issues.

UglyTater
07-24-2020, 02:04 AM
Well since DB doesn't kill ToV dragons, putting the scales on them would require us to learn how to kill them since at least Goz is a mob we can kill, it would be a step in the right direction. Heck, give Karkona a chance at dropping it and I'll be killing that jerk every day. I just don't want to be that person who joins a guild just for a drop and then leave that guild to rejoin my friends. I know that when DB helps gear a person and then they leave, we feel jilted and I expect if I did that sort of thing which ever guild got me my white dragon scale would feel the same way.

Croco
07-24-2020, 02:13 AM
The solution to your problem is pretty simple it just requires enough DB players to create naggy/vox alts and prioritize killing vox for a chance at white scales. Kittens have killed gore maybe twice in the last year? Basically all of our white scales have come from vox and I think we've gotten damn near double digit of them in the last year. Including a couple double scale drops.

It's not hard it just requires intention, planning, and effort. Unfortunately for bards everywhere it's not as easy as the monk or rogue epics.

Arvan
07-24-2020, 02:21 AM
I know a bard who levelled a bunch of lvl 52s for his guildmates to play then he tracked vox all 16 hours for many moons until he finally got his showdown with vox. Got his scales that day.

A lot of the harder epics require that level of dedication to achieve and thats just how it is on p99

xdrcfrx
07-24-2020, 08:45 AM
Screw it, if we aren’t going to be classic, throw them on the ww dragons. They’re closer in difficulty to vox. Maybe give them to Roland too in wl. Poor wyrm must think there is something wrong with him.

I mean, the idea is to increase availability without necessarily making it trivial to obtain. Acting like blue is still some purely classic experience in year...6?...of velious, with rooted dragons and clickie nerfs, seems weird to me. Blue is already selectively classic. We're not talking cats on the moon here.

sydbarrett25
07-24-2020, 09:57 AM
Does hot drop white scales?

Nice

sydbarrett25
07-24-2020, 10:00 AM
Let's set up a serverwide rotation for vox/gore so DB and other casual raid guilds can have a chance at white scales too and none of us have to sock windows on these otherwise very lame mobs.

There I fixed it, you're welcome.

Agree 100% but riot loves socking windows. Thats their thing, staring at a screen for 16-24 hours a day most days of the week.

Jimjam
07-24-2020, 11:58 AM
I mean, the idea is to increase availability without necessarily making it trivial to obtain. Acting like blue is still some purely classic experience in year...6?...of velious, with rooted dragons and clickie nerfs, seems weird to me. Blue is already selectively classic. We're not talking cats on the moon here.

It drops from a mob you can kill with a dozen 52s. It’s already trivial. The problem with adding the scale to TOV is it turns white scale into ‘free pixels’ as those dragons are already killed on spawn, and furthermore it makes the game smaller as it removes incentive to bother with gore and vox.

While I like the idea of ToV as a shitsump for basement dwellers, I think it is important there are motivations to step outside for other pixels. This is why I suggest adding the loot to white dragons in WW and WL. They are no more trivial than vox, and it will motivate players to engage with otherwise underused content.

xdrcfrx
07-24-2020, 12:44 PM
It drops from a mob you can kill with a dozen 52s. It’s already trivial. The problem with adding the scale to TOV is it turns white scale into ‘free pixels’ as those dragons are already killed on spawn, and furthermore it makes the game smaller as it removes incentive to bother with gore and vox.

While I like the idea of ToV as a shitsump for basement dwellers, I think it is important there are motivations to step outside for other pixels. This is why I suggest adding the loot to white dragons in WW and WL. They are no more trivial than vox, and it will motivate players to engage with otherwise underused content.

That's reasonable, so apologies if I misunderstood. Vox, like a lot of raid targets, is challenging because of the meta and raid environment which requires FTE very quickly to get the kill, more so than because of the difficulty of the encounter itself. Gore is a legitimately difficult encounter since the push-to-interrupt nerf, though.

IMO it would be reasonable if green and white scales dropped off of *something* that was a 3-day spawn as opposed to a 7-day spawn, or off of additional 7-day spawns, which is why I suggested ToV dragons. WW dragons that respawn every 8 hours would maybe be *too* common. Maybe add the ancient warders to ST (I know, I know - not classic because out of timeline) and put scales on their loot tables? I don't know. Just bandying about ideas.

Jimjam
07-24-2020, 01:54 PM
Yea, maybe not on the ‘smaller’ ww white dragons. Cargalia probably should have some scales worthy of an epic.

Something in ST sounds like a good call. I was gonna say make it useful for something besides weapons, but bard epic is of course a weapon too ��.

It is of course all hypothetical.

Saisu
07-24-2020, 02:09 PM
You guys can’t do this to me! I’ve written off the Bard epic as totally undoable, but this discussion just gives me unrealistic hope haha. I don’t think I’ve heard of P99 altering any drops to be “non-classic”. Is there any precedent?

Gozuk
07-24-2020, 02:32 PM
Probably zero chance Saisu.

There is nothing stopping the player base from agreeing on a rotation though.

Saisu
07-24-2020, 02:46 PM

Thanks, that’s the cold dose of reality I needed.

Chubbinz
07-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Just tossing the items on the loot tables of a couple extra mobs isn't going to do much to solve the issue. Going the way that SOE eventually did with Ragefire would be a better solution. The challenge with going that route is there isn't really enough high level roaming mobs in Kunark to put the collection pieces on.

sydbarrett25
07-24-2020, 04:59 PM

There is nothing stopping the player base from agreeing on a rotation though.

Thats where your wrong. The lust for pixels among the vast majority of players on the server say otherwise.

Nibblewitz
07-24-2020, 05:34 PM
There are bards in every guild that want their epics, and they, with their friends, will pursue this endeavour with varying degrees of effort and success.

UglyTater
07-29-2020, 03:17 AM
Kinda silly that there's a class like Bards that every guild has that want their epics, and then there are classes like Clerics and Monks who all have their epics.

Croco
07-29-2020, 03:51 AM
Unfortunately for some classes the epic quests were all designed by different people and they weren't balanced against each other to make sure none were much harder or easier than each other so some classes got totally screwed.

zanderklocke
07-29-2020, 11:39 PM
Trak guts actually used to be the worse bottleneck before Velious. I paid 90K for my white scales during Kunark and about 250K for the Trak guts.

ibanezjs100
08-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Kinda silly that there's a class like Bards that every guild has that want their epics, and then there are classes like Clerics and Monks who all have their epics.

You forgot rogues. What, 40k for a complete MQ? I rarely see one without.

falkun
08-05-2020, 11:09 AM
Trak guts actually used to be the worse bottleneck before Velious. I paid 90K for my white scales during Kunark and about 250K for the Trak guts.

You old hat! I obtained my scales as part of the VD dissolution/merge with BDA from scales they were holding onto. I had my scales for a year or two until undead bard came out on blue and then BDA killed the first UDB-Trak for my guts.

Fammaden
08-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Tie the bard epic to Lodizal to make OP happier.

kaizersoze
08-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Spawned Hoshkars for green scales (make him 2x the hp or something to compensate idk) and samesies for vox. Nortlav gives out red scales like candy so ignore that. Plus ragefire, nag, talendor...too many red dragon scales!

Fammaden
08-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Happy now?

bradsamma
08-09-2020, 11:09 PM
Sounds like it worked! Grats on your scale.

UglyTater
08-09-2020, 11:30 PM
Very.

Croco
08-10-2020, 06:26 AM
grats!

Christina.
08-10-2020, 05:04 PM
Does it, though? I mean, Fluffy's amazing on paper, but what does having the epic pet give a mage that "elevates them" to a new level? Perhaps I'm ignorant (by listening to disgruntled mages... which is why I'm asking), but I was under the impression that GV:Water is more DPS due to backstab, and Kunark+ mobs completely outstrip ALL mage pets in power level to the point that the epic really only allows you to farm pp camps better. If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't call it elevating.

Honest question from someone who would work to get their epic pet regardless of the answer... because...

The pet is a beast , so yea it does in terms of power.

Christina.
08-10-2020, 05:06 PM
The mage epic isn't really hard to get it's just guilds move on from hate so fast soon as sky /kunark comes out...

mattydef
08-11-2020, 02:42 PM
At this point in p99 everyone might as well just get a free epic once they hit level 60.