PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Clinging Darkness

Asher
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
First let me apologize for opening this again. I realize that the GMs may be unable to fix this and I was just hoping for a GM to say that this is isn't fixable on EQEMU servers.

Original Thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24876&highlight=clinging+darkness&page=3

Locked by Uthgaard and the last word on this was:
This is getting retarded.

It is a bug, many people have posted proof in the thread. If it isn't fixable please just say that.

If I was to provide access to a live account, I realize they don't work now, for you to test it would that be enough?

p.s. Please don't ban me. I just want this fixed if possible. Not being able to snare like I used to is frustrating.

Asher

Harm
05-12-2011, 04:49 AM
A lot of people were getting things wrong in that thread. Clinging Darkness wasn't as good of a snare as most other snares. It only stopped a mob to a dead stop when it was very low on health. I played a SK with the spell and 2-boxed a dark elf cleric with the Inny Symbol, and they both worked the same once the spell landed. From what I read in that thread, I think the devs here have the spell right.

If the mobs are running faster on emus than in classic, I guess they could increase the snare level of every player-casted snare in the game to compensate. But that would really suck when an NPC cast a one of those spells on a player, unless they have a way to distinguish between the same spell cast by (or even better, landing on) a player vs an NPC. I don't think people asking for an improvement to the snare level of just clinging and not every other snare in the game is genuine, people just want their symbols to work.

As a SK I practically never used Clinging for snare once I had access to a better version, it was only memmed as an aggro tool.

Asher
05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
It only stopped a mob to a dead stop when it was very low on health. **Snip**

I played a SK with the spell and 2-boxed a dark elf cleric with the Inny Symbol, and they both worked the same once the spell landed. From what I read in that thread, I think the devs here have the spell right.

You are right, it did only stop the mob when it was very low health. Like 5%ish iirc. Here it doesn't stop the mob at all. The spell is not working right.

Asher