PDA

View Full Version : Guk vs Solusek: what's your favorite?

Izmael
07-08-2020, 02:35 PM
What kind of dungeon elf are you?

I'm a Guk person. Love everything about frogloks. Their animations, their lore, their sounds. Amazing loot in Lguk too, doesn't spoil anything. The place also has that dead/indead duality which kinda adds a dimension (ish).

SolA/B, on the other hand, I just don't get the thrill of it. Super-narrow spaces, everything is hidden by that red mist and half the stuff is magic immune and/or sees invis or is a belly caster or some shit. Ain't nobody got time for dat l! Kobolds are annoying and half of them are sowed and whatnot. The fact that every time I attempt to navigate in that zone alone means about 80% chance of me dying after taking a wrong turn.

Which is your poison and why? Is there something fundamental that separates Sol people from the Guk people? I first played EQ in 2000 and I liked Guk / hated Sol back then already.

strongNpretty
07-08-2020, 03:08 PM
-I like Sol!
-Guktop is fine, always seems healthy with young adventurers doin their thang.
-Lower Guk is filled with yucky folks who need to go outside more and let the little ones adventure and go after some cool gear.
-Sola, has some cool named mobs. Fun to explore the gnome city within, and if you're lucky you'll catch a sighting of an efreeti deep within! And it's bright! I like bright zones!
-Solb, is really cool too cause a friggin dragon is in there! Efreeti's, all kinds of stuff deep within, giants, and some real cool loot!

kaizersoze
07-08-2020, 03:49 PM
Upper guk over sol a. Sol b over Lower guk.

gkmarino
07-08-2020, 03:59 PM
I love them both brother, goblins and frogs, lava and water, fire and ice. Equilibrium demands both zones!

plzrelax
07-08-2020, 04:15 PM
Upper guk over sol a. Sol b over Lower guk.

Snortles Chortles
07-08-2020, 04:23 PM
GuK truly captures: How to design dungeons 101

Snaggles
07-09-2020, 10:52 AM
I’m almost certain being stuck in that little maze around Cavalier/Executioner caused permanent trauma. Killing gnome robots is too adorable to pass up and it’s closer to a Druid port.

Catfish Stevens
07-13-2020, 11:45 PM
What kind of dungeon elf are you?

Pretty ignorant to assume our race like that.