PDA

View Full Version : Accepting all challengers!

Philistine
07-08-2020, 12:16 AM
Hi folks,

Over the past week or so I've spent about 17 hours camping a sarnak courier in LOIO in hopes of getting a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

I've had great luck with him spawning, with 71 spawns so far. From the 71 spawns I have had 0 Gobline Gazughi Rings drop.

What say you P99 community?! Has anyone had him spawn more times than that with no drops? I accept all challengers!

Trexller
07-08-2020, 08:25 AM
been years since i camped it but everytime im in LOIO i love seeing the piles and piles of dead mobs by the goblin ruins

chaser95
07-08-2020, 08:58 AM
i've spawned him 93 times with 0 rings, that being said the two rings i did get were random times i logged into an alt i have parked there and within 2-3 kills got courier and ring dropped both times RNG is a bitch...

IMO its faster to farm the plat to buy the ring wont farm one again i tell you that lol....

Philistine
07-08-2020, 09:43 AM
been years since i camped it but everytime im in LOIO i love seeing the piles and piles of dead mobs by the goblin ruins

Haha! Yeah it's definitely a sight.

i've spawned him 93 times with 0 rings, that being said the two rings i did get were random times i logged into an alt i have parked there and within 2-3 kills got courier and ring dropped both times RNG is a bitch...

IMO its faster to farm the plat to buy the ring wont farm one again i tell you that lol....

Wow! 93 huh? That's something for me to work toward i guess :p The RNG is definitely brutal. Every time he pops, the optimist in me gets a little excited though, lol.

I definitely agree re: farming the plat. I have about 6k to my name, and reading through the wiki it looked like most people got a ring or two in 4-10 hours, so I thought "Meh, I could use a quick break from grinding anyway. I'll just camp it myself!" If someone had told me I'd still be at it almost 20 hours and 76 (got another 5 spawns last night woo woo!) later, I probably wouldn't have done it.

The up side is I'm getting a very Everquesty experience ;)

chaser95
07-08-2020, 10:24 AM
The up side is I'm getting a very Everquesty experience ;)

I agree with you there and i can tell you what my druid and enchanter will never sell the rings lol when you work yourself to get them they mean so much more .

Philistine
07-08-2020, 11:33 AM
I agree with you there and i can tell you what my druid and enchanter will never sell the rings lol when you work yourself to get them they mean so much more .

I believe it! It will definitely feel like I earned it when it drops!

unleashedd
07-08-2020, 11:41 AM
camped it for maybe 20 hours, on and off for two days, with a stranger shaman stepping in when i wasnt there. ring dropped once for the shammy, and he gave it to me when i came back the third day. contrary to toxic characters and forum shitposts, this stranger is what P99 in general seems to be about

kjs86z
07-08-2020, 12:05 PM
wtb gazughi ring PM pls

7thGate
07-08-2020, 01:18 PM
This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop. Given the number of things people camp, some poor unfortunate soul has probably spent hundreds of hours trying to get something that is supposed to drop all the time.

For me, the two lowest probability events I can remember (due to their pain, there's probably been some worse ones that aren't as noticeable) are my Iksar Berserker Club and my Coldain Ring 9 shell. Iksar Berserker Club as a rite of passage camp for Auld Lang Syne, since its the best weapon available at the level range with guild level limits on gear. Its a 2% drop rate every 18 minutes, I camped it over 24 hours with no drop.

The coldain ring 9 shell is a 9% drop rate off of sirens, they flow like water if you can get a team killing one of the siren temples. At the time though, ALS didn't really have experience with SG, and it was just me and a torp shaman trying to get shells for shawl 7/ring 9. Worked out how to duo sirens around the east temple perimeter, took forever to get the shells to drop since we probably wiped on 1/3 of the attempts, and we killed like 20 of them with no shells at all which is just crazy looking at how often they drop with a larger sample size.

On the flip side, I got Rotting Skelly in an hour and accidentally got the platinum ring off Gynok Molkor when he aggroed me through the door in befallen when I went there to practice lockpicking. Never did get an Iksar Berserker Club, but traded the ring to an ALS shaman for theirs.

Crede
07-08-2020, 01:39 PM
Spent 10 hours straight once grinding the ring. Didn’t move from my chair, not even to piss. No luck. Logged on the next night, took me 10 minutes.

Play the rng odds, don’t do more than 1-2 hours at a time for your sanity and you’ll get it eventually. Or just find one of the many other ways to net more pp/hour which will allow you to buy a ring. The goblin ring is prob one of the worst pp/hour camps in the game.

BCFinn
07-08-2020, 03:59 PM
Am well over 120 kills over a number of sessions without a ring drop. Xalgoz and his damned staff have been similar....

Trexller
07-08-2020, 06:13 PM
I guess i should mention that Dark Elf innate hide ability is almost as good as a clicky invis item.

While the ring is a guaranteed charm break, innate racial hide is like ~50% effective, my ench rarely has problems. Hide doesnt require a ring slot or bag slot, doesnt have to be skilled up and doesn't cost anything.

Probably less than a 50% chance, seems to work well for me tho

Philistine
07-08-2020, 09:20 PM
camped it for maybe 20 hours, on and off for two days, with a stranger shaman stepping in when i wasnt there. ring dropped once for the shammy, and he gave it to me when i came back the third day. contrary to toxic characters and forum shitposts, this stranger is what P99 in general seems to be about

That is SO nice to hear. I'm with you on how the tone of a lot of forum posts doesn't jive with my experience in game.

wtb gazughi ring PM pls

When I get one I'm afraid folks will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers :p

This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop.

Haha! That's a really interesting question and experience. The RNG is real!! I genuinely thought this might be the worst luck experienced for this specific item (worst luck documented on the wiki was 0 for 46), but it seems that's not the case! I'd be curious to know how other items shake out.

Spent 10 hours straight once grinding the ring. Didn’t move from my chair, not even to piss. No luck. Logged on the next night, took me 10 minutes.

Play the rng odds, don’t do more than 1-2 hours at a time for your sanity and you’ll get it eventually. Or just find one of the many other ways to net more pp/hour which will allow you to buy a ring. The goblin ring is prob one of the worst pp/hour camps in the game.

I appreciate the advice! I was sure that I'd get it one night when I was able to spend about 5 hours on it...but was wrong :p I'll keep trying those 1-2 hour chunks, as it sounds like that may be what's best and frankly that's what works well for my playtime.

Am well over 120 kills over a number of sessions without a ring drop. Xalgoz and his damned staff have been similar....

AHHH! 120?! Jeeze man that's ROUGH. Sounds like that's the number to beat then? I'll let y'all know what my final number is. Sounds like I have a new target to aim for ;)

I guess i should mention that Dark Elf innate hide ability is almost as good as a clicky invis item.

While the ring is a guaranteed charm break, innate racial hide is like ~50% effective, my ench rarely has problems. Hide doesnt require a ring slot or bag slot, doesnt have to be skilled up and doesn't cost anything.

Probably less than a 50% chance, seems to work well for me tho

I very much appreciate this tip! Unfortunately, I'm a dirty lizard necro, so I don't have the DE hide. I'm sure wishing I did right now though!

Trexller
07-10-2020, 04:42 AM
well then a Circlet of ShadowS is like what 500p? with a 6 second cast time, breaking charm doesnt really require insta-click item, just an item.

you can still immediately cast after that 6 seconds.

Izmael
07-10-2020, 06:13 AM
This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop."

I camped pained soul back in 2014 or 2015 and it took me about 450 PH's to finally get him.
Not sure it's the most unlucky streak in P99 history but it sure felt this way.

xdrcfrx
07-10-2020, 04:00 PM
I camped pained soul back in 2014 or 2015 and it took me about 450 PH's to finally get him.

I'm approaching 100 attempts at ring 8 roll with no success, which feels similar.

Philistine
07-10-2020, 09:22 PM
well then a Circlet of ShadowS is like what 500p? with a 6 second cast time, breaking charm doesnt really require insta-click item, just an item.

you can still immediately cast after that 6 seconds.

Thanks! I actually have one of these but was just trying to make it easier for myself since I'm terrible :-/ Had I known I'd be at it 23 hours later, I may not have started hehe.

Wow!! 450 PHs?? I feel like that HAS to be the worst luck in P99. That's insane!!

I'm approaching 100 attempts at ring 8 roll with no success, which feels similar.

Duuuude that sucks. For that one you have to be on at a specific time too, so you're not even free to suffer at a time of your choosing, right?

froomee
07-10-2020, 10:18 PM
Saw this post yesterday, and decided to give it a try. Camped a single spawn point this morning, and also caught a couple couriers wandering by. Got the ring on my 7th? Courier kill, after maybe 4 hours of farming?
I know I'm going to pay for this somewhat good luck when I try to farm something else, though.

Now, maybe I should level up my enchanter so I can use it...

Philistine
07-10-2020, 10:58 PM
Saw this post yesterday, and decided to give it a try. Camped a single spawn point this morning, and also caught a couple couriers wandering by. Got the ring on my 7th? Courier kill, after maybe 4 hours of farming?
I know I'm going to pay for this somewhat good luck when I try to farm something else, though.

Now, maybe I should level up my enchanter so I can use it...

Nice haha. That's great! Yeah I feel like 4iish hours is pretty average based on my anecdotal surveys. I bumped into a guy last night camping the double spawns where I've spent 20ish hours of my 23 hours he got one in about 3 hours. He then said he was going to go try and get a Bracer of the Hidden and had one within an hour, lol. RNG man! It's great when it works in your favor! I told him he should make sure to go buy a lotto ticket.

Barm McLir
07-11-2020, 07:29 PM
My first one took me 124 courier spawns.
(https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2536767&postcount=8)

Philistine
07-11-2020, 08:10 PM
My first one took me 124 courier spawns.
(https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2536767&postcount=8)

Oh man! That's no joke! I'm at 98 atm. We'll see if I get there!

bendare
07-16-2020, 12:27 PM
Hi folks,

Over the past week or so I've spent about 17 hours camping a sarnak courier in LOIO in hopes of getting a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

I've had great luck with him spawning, with 71 spawns so far. From the 71 spawns I have had 0 Gobline Gazughi Rings drop.

What say you P99 community?! Has anyone had him spawn more times than that with no drops? I accept all challengers!

In 2015, I camped him for 3 months straight..everyday..hours and hours. I didn't leave LOIO for the entire time. I never counted the spawns..had to be 100s and 100s. Never saw a ring. I got so discouraged I left game for awhile.

Jimjam
07-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Hi folks,

Lost count after 100, but I did 12 (in a group initially) to 25 on my mage exclusively in loio on this camp before i got a ring. Then i got a couple of rings in a week.

I think it is a 1% drop.

Torik
07-16-2020, 04:36 PM

Wow! Almost the same thing happened to me. I had done the camp for about 22ish hours when an enchanter came by and expressed interest in the single spawn. He didn't know where it was and wanted me to mow down all the possible PHs with my druid AOE, so I showed him where to stand, gathered up all the PHs, and nuked em down at the double spawn. I told him how long I'd been at the camp and he couldn't believe it. A minute later he sent me a tell that just said "a sarnak courier." 15 seconds later he linked me the ring! I was so envious that he literally got it on his first spawn, but just congratulated him. He ran over to me at the double spawn, put the ring in my window and hit trade. I closed it and he tried to give it to me again. He told me he'd trade me the ring for the double spawn. I thought it was a trick of some kind, but reluctantly hit trade.

I added him to friends immediately but I only saw him once in the next year.

Philistine
08-01-2020, 04:32 PM
In 2015, I camped him for 3 months straight..everyday..hours and hours. I didn't leave LOIO for the entire time. I never counted the spawns..had to be 100s and 100s. Never saw a ring. I got so discouraged I left game for awhile.

Ugh!! I definitely haven't done three months straight, but work has gotten completely bananas all of a sudden and I've hit the same point emotionally, lol. It's discouraging to grind away what little play time I have right now doing that (I'm a 48 necro...so many awesome spells await me at 49!), and it's not exactly a relaxing camp. It's not stressful, but you really can't look away from the double-spawn camp for more than a moment without risking a spawn wandering away.

Lost count after 100, but I did 12 (in a group initially) to 25 on my mage exclusively in loio on this camp before i got a ring. Then i got a couple of rings in a week.

I think it is a 1% drop.

Bleh, that's hardcore, lol. I agree on the 1% drop rate. I'm still at 98 as I haven't played in a couple of weeks due to work being insane. I'll probably focus on hitting 49 right when I get back, as being so close for so long hurts my soul a little :p

Wow! Almost the same thing happened to me. I had done the camp for about 22ish hours when an enchanter came by and expressed interest in the single spawn. He didn't know where it was and wanted me to mow down all the possible PHs with my druid AOE, so I showed him where to stand, gathered up all the PHs, and nuked em down at the double spawn. I told him how long I'd been at the camp and he couldn't believe it. A minute later he sent me a tell that just said "a sarnak courier." 15 seconds later he linked me the ring! I was so envious that he literally got it on his first spawn, but just congratulated him. He ran over to me at the double spawn, put the ring in my window and hit trade. I closed it and he tried to give it to me again. He told me he'd trade me the ring for the double spawn. I thought it was a trick of some kind, but reluctantly hit trade.

I added him to friends immediately but I only saw him once in the next year.

That is SO NICE of that guy! It's very cool to hear the stories of people treating each other so well. Do you ever wonder how long it took him to get a second one? I hope the RNG gods rewarded him with good drop karma for being such a good guy!

Hisamori
08-04-2020, 01:19 AM
Good luck balances bad, though. I did Courier Friday night. Rounded up and AE'd down all the PH on my necro, started bopping PH with my pet. 9 or 10 PH later, Courier spawned and was lit up bright. All in all, about 10 minutes to get a ring.

I would *never* camp this thing for cash. I only camped it for my alt enchanter.

Philistine
08-04-2020, 01:29 AM
Good luck balances bad, though. I did Courier Friday night. Rounded up and AE'd down all the PH on my necro, started bopping PH with my pet. 9 or 10 PH later, Courier spawned and was lit up bright. All in all, about 10 minutes to get a ring.

I would *never* camp this thing for cash. I only camped it for my alt enchanter.

Oh man, that's awesome haha. Congrats on the ring!

scifo76
09-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Hi folks,

I got my ring after 106 spawns back in March 2019.

scifo76
09-02-2020, 11:58 AM

I got lucky with the fear staff = camped a total of 5 hours in two sessions.

scifo76
09-21-2020, 06:56 PM
More raw numbers:
I've looted 3 Bracer of the Hidden. First took 2 (yes, two) sarnak legionnaire kills, the second took 468 kills and third took 96 kills.

Jibartik
09-21-2020, 10:10 PM
Hi folks,

I camped it once and i dont remember the number of the trash rings I had but it was way more than my entire inventory. I will, never. ever. ever. camp that ring again under any circumstances. I dont want to say I spent more time than 71 hours but I probably at least spent 70.

When I first came to P99 a dude named ababaababacab took me there he was like "u a noob? come check this out" and we got a ring after 2 kills and he let me have it and told me I was very lucky. I was like huh?

Then the forums informed me he was like an infamous person on p99 lol I was glad I got to see a jesse james and he gave me a cool ring. Thats my story.

Blingy
09-21-2020, 10:49 PM
This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop. Given the number of things people camp, some poor unfortunate soul has probably spent hundreds of hours trying to get something that is supposed to drop all the time.

Not p99 but back on Saryrn server. I was down to half a dozen things needed for the mage epic 1.0. I had the earth staff, water staff, 7th island crown was in the guild bank and most of the minor drops.

Key word MOST. The power of fire from Solusek's Eye. Since I was a gnome there was no killing gnomes so blazing elementals it was. I had just finished Queen of the Damned and decided to start in on The Witching Hour. Since I was level 60 it was easy to waltz into Sol A and kill the 2 elementals; wait 18 minutes kill them again. Anyway, between spawns I'd read more of the book. Time went on, more elementals died and more pages read. In the end the book was good and the power of fire finally dropped just as I was finishing the book.

I can't say how long it took to get that dam thing but thank god I had a good book.

jolanar
09-22-2020, 08:49 AM
More raw numbers:
I've looted 3 Bracer of the Hidden. First took 2 (yes, two) sarnak legionnaire kills, the second took 468 kills and third took 96 kills.

Even getting one in 500 kills doesn't seem that bad honestly in my experience with that camp.

Philistine
09-22-2020, 10:28 AM
I camped it once and i dont remember the number of the trash rings I had but it was way more than my entire inventory. I will, never. ever. ever. camp that ring again under any circumstances. I dont want to say I spent more time than 71 hours but I probably at least spent 70.

When I first came to P99 a dude named ababaababacab took me there he was like "u a noob? come check this out" and we got a ring after 2 kills and he let me have it and told me I was very lucky. I was like huh?

Then the forums informed me he was like an infamous person on p99 lol I was glad I got to see a jesse james and he gave me a cool ring. Thats my story.

That's awesome, hahaha. What finally got to me was the RNG factor. Me being close to 0 for 100 made me no closer to getting one. Such is life, I know! I've been trying to grind out some xp in the meantime!

Not p99 but back on Saryrn server. I was down to half a dozen things needed for the mage epic 1.0. I had the earth staff, water staff, 7th island crown was in the guild bank and most of the minor drops.

Key word MOST. The power of fire from Solusek's Eye. Since I was a gnome there was no killing gnomes so blazing elementals it was. I had just finished Queen of the Damned and decided to start in on The Witching Hour. Since I was level 60 it was easy to waltz into Sol A and kill the 2 elementals; wait 18 minutes kill them again. Anyway, between spawns I'd read more of the book. Time went on, more elementals died and more pages read. In the end the book was good and the power of fire finally dropped just as I was finishing the book.

I can't say how long it took to get that dam thing but thank god I had a good book.

Jeeeeeze, lol. Thank goodness for a good book indeed lol

Asteria
10-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Bracer of the hidden - also in that zone - can also have a very poor drop rate.

Philistine
10-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Bracer of the hidden - also in that zone - can also have a very poor drop rate.

That's what I hear! One night during my camp a guy came along and got the ring pretty quickly then said he was going to go try for bracers of the hidden...not but a short time (maybe an hour or 2? I don't remember any more) he linked me the bracer! I told him to buy a lottery ticket.