PDA

View Full Version : What does a Human Monk get over an Iksar Monk in P99?

Loadsamoney
07-01-2020, 03:29 PM
A Monk is the only class I can realistically see myself playing as a Human (for that swag eyepatch), but I'm trying to determine how a Human Monk is supposed to be evenly matched with an Iksar Monk in the long-term in regards to damage output and survivability, without the Iksar Monk having a clear, permanent advantage (regen and innate AC) over a Human Monk.

In other words, how is a Human Monk not inferior to an Iksar Monk in the end, assuming identical gear, stats, and player skill?

ldgo86
07-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Who ever said a human monk is evenly matched with Iksar? Nobody is my guess

Adron
07-01-2020, 03:39 PM
20% faster reaching 60?
faction? you don't have to shy away from literally every non-lizard guard. that has gotta cost you another 10% of your time to 60
probably some minimal weapon/gear choices I am unaware of as a filthy casual. (hero bracer)
I would say a monk starting in qeynos with all the crazy quest xp gives you another time boost.
does anybody who's 60 really give a crap about 8 extra standing regen once they're 60?

Keebz
07-01-2020, 03:45 PM
20% faster reaching 60?

24% faster on Green

Technically it's just 24% less exp required, which won't mean 24% faster. If you full grouped the whole way, it'd only be 4% faster.

Loadsamoney
07-01-2020, 03:47 PM
So in terms of overall combat performance, an Iksar Monk really outperforms a Human Monk hands down, no questions?

ldgo86
07-01-2020, 03:51 PM
So in terms of overall combat performance, an Iksar Monk really outperforms a Human Monk hands down, no questions?

Dude just make a Human if you want to :P

Loadsamoney
07-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Dude just make a Human if you want to :P

I'm torn between min-maxing and playing the race I want. It's the main reason why I won't play an Ogre for anything other than maybe a Warrior. I definitely wouldn't play one as a Shadow Knight (FSI isn't all that its cracked up to be, IMO, and I don't see Ogres as a truly evil race, at least not anywhere near the level of greed, malice, and sadism as a Troll or Dark Elf).

Danth
07-01-2020, 04:08 PM

Depends on how you figure. Comparing equal levels? Sure, the iksar's better. However for a given amount of hours spent on the character the human will be about a couple levels higher, making it the stronger character in that sense up until such a time as everyone runs into the level 60 cap. The majority of characters created on P1999 do not make it to level 60 so that's not a trivial consideration by any means.

Danth

ldgo86
07-01-2020, 04:21 PM
I'm torn between min-maxing and playing the race I want. It's the main reason why I won't play an Ogre for anything other than maybe a Warrior. I definitely wouldn't play one as a Shadow Knight (FSI isn't all that its cracked up to be, IMO, and I don't see Ogres as a truly evil race, at least not anywhere near the level of greed, malice, and sadism as a Troll or Dark Elf).

My thoughts are this: if you are Uber twinking than go human. If your are starting with little to no gear Iksar will really shine.

Jimjam
07-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Iksar are meant to be better. It's a sales tool for Kunark.

That said, a human monk will kill things ever so slightly faster while on a corpse run (or otherwise using non-epic fists), and they require much less xp to level. It's not as simple as I'm about to claim, but the xp needed to get a human monk to 60 won't get an iksar past 57.

The boni received for being an iksar are kind of overkill and won't stop you from being a good monk.

No matter how good an iksar monk is, it will never be good at being a human monk, if that is what you want to play.

If you decide on an iksar monk I suggest making sure you download one of the animation fix packs, and also roll a female.

Croco
07-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Humans get nothing over Iksar. Aside from the inconsequential faster leveling Iksar are superior in every way.

Keebz
07-01-2020, 05:10 PM
As jim jam said, pre epic, human fists are slightly better.

Kirdan
07-01-2020, 05:28 PM
Play to min/max fashion and you'll never have issues with your racial choice. Humans are objectively better fashion than iksar.

DMN
07-01-2020, 11:30 PM
Regrets.

Vexenu
07-02-2020, 12:21 AM
Human Monks can make Antonian Javelins (https://wiki.project1999.com/Antonian_Javelin) which are significantly better than regular forged javelins.

Human Monks have a -20% XP penalty, while Iksar Monks have a -44% XP penalty. The Human Monk will level significantly faster, and no, the Iksar regen is NOT enough to offset the penalty. Anyone telling you otherwise can't do math.

If you're actually going to main a Monk, you will spend the majority of your playtime in guild and group activities pulling and/or DPSing, not tanking. Iksar racials are not substantial benefits for those activities. A little extra AC and regen isn't going to make a difference when you're fully raid/group buffed and probably wearing a Fungi and have Regrowth on.

Human combat animations are much better than Iksar.

Human Monks have some of the best Fashionquest options in the game, from Classic all the way through Velious.

If you're on Green and want to be a raiding Monk in Kunark/Velious, you will want to be a Human. Unless you have an entire guild willing to PL and gear you, there is no way that an Iksar Monk will be competitive with an already Classic geared level 50 Human Monk when Kunark launches. And remember Green's Kunark timeline is VERY short compared to Blue.

Equally geared at 60, an Iksar Monk is statistically superior to the Human Monk in every way. This is inarguable. But from a practical standpoint the benefits are not that great when you look at what level 60 Monks spend most of their time doing. Your personal satisfaction with the appearance of your character is much, much more important than minor statistical perks that won't provide a noticeable benefit for the vast majority of your playtime.

Petrified Wood
07-02-2020, 01:16 AM
Human Monks can make Antonian Javelins (https://wiki.project1999.com/Antonian_Javelin) which are significantly better than regular forged javelins.

Human Monks have a -20% XP penalty, while Iksar Monks have a -44% XP penalty. The Human Monk will level significantly faster, and no, the Iksar regen is NOT enough to offset the penalty. Anyone telling you otherwise can't do math.

If you're actually going to main a Monk, you will spend the majority of your playtime in guild and group activities pulling and/or DPSing, not tanking. Iksar racials are not substantial benefits for those activities. A little extra AC and regen isn't going to make a difference when you're fully raid/group buffed and probably wearing a Fungi and have Regrowth on.

Human Monks have some of the best Fashionquest options in the game, from Classic all the way through Velious.

If you're on Green and want to be a raiding Monk in Kunark/Velious, you will want to be a Human. Unless you have an entire guild willing to PL and gear you, there is no way that an Iksar Monk will be competitive with an already Classic geared level 50 Human Monk when Kunark launches. And remember Green's Kunark timeline is VERY short compared to Blue.

Equally geared at 60, an Iksar Monk is statistically superior to the Human Monk in every way. This is inarguable. But from a practical standpoint the benefits are not that great when you look at what level 60 Monks spend most of their time doing. Your personal satisfaction with the appearance of your character is much, much more important than minor statistical perks that won't provide a noticeable benefit for the vast majority of your playtime.

That pretty much is a accurate rundown of determining what race is "best" of the two, well put imo. Personally I think being happy with how you look is very important considering you are gonna be the one staring at your character for hours/days/weeks/months/years on end. Unless there is a huge advantage for a particular race/class combo I have always chosen my race by considering how I want to look, play etc. I had the option to go for a Iksar monk on p99 this last year and despite being told by everyone to go iksar, I picked a human since I did not have one yet and I was gonna be the one to live with my choice. I have no regrets now that I am lvl 60, I can do anything a Iksar can do at this point but I also do it rocking a sweet eyepatch! lol

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 01:21 AM
That pretty much is a accurate rundown of determining what race is "best" of the two, well put imo. Personally I think being happy with how you look is very important considering you are gonna be the one staring at your character for hours/days/weeks/months/years on end. Unless there is a huge advantage for a particular race/class combo I have always chosen my race by considering how I want to look, play etc. I had the option to go for a Iksar monk on p99 this last year and despite being told by everyone to go iksar, I picked a human since I did not have one yet and I was gonna be the one to live with my choice. I have no regrets now that I am lvl 60, I can do anything a Iksar can do at this point but I also do it rocking a sweet eyepatch! lol

I wish more people made that choice with other classes. I see way too many people rocking Ogre for Shadow Knights even though Troll and Dark Elf fit the "evil bastard" role a lot better, IMO. I mean sure, some probably like the look of an Ogre, but...eh, I dunno, I don't see why. Troll has much meaner looking facial expressions, IMO.

FSI really isn't that great compared to every other racial. That shouldn't be reason alone to pick Ogre with no questions asked.

Ennewi
07-02-2020, 02:46 AM
Teases the mind thinking about what other racials would have been included, if every race had been given at least one.

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 03:05 AM
Teases the mind thinking about what other racials would have been included, if every race had been given at least one.

Dwarves should have been given Slam, IMO. Giant meaty fists and big broad shoulders. Would've been really nice for Dwarf Paladins.

Ennewi
07-02-2020, 03:24 AM
Dwarves should have been given Slam, IMO. Giant meaty fists and big broad shoulders. Would've been really nice for Dwarf Paladins.

Agreed. And while most races do have an assortment of small benefits such as hide, slam, and forage, more unique perks would have pushed race closer towards being as definitive as class. That might have been a bit much though, having racials that rivaled the usefulness of FSI/wall vision and the cool factor of barrel roll.

Kowalski
07-02-2020, 05:40 AM
Lots of pain

Jimjam
07-02-2020, 05:54 AM
Different deity options... including godlessness!

plzrelax
07-02-2020, 08:45 AM

I rolled my first human monk on green after playing an Iksar on live and on blue. While the human flying kick animation is certainly more kickass than the Iksar spin-kick, I found the animations for dragon punch/eagle strike were basically the same. Those low level Iksar animations are unique and pretty cool.

Jimjam
07-02-2020, 11:17 AM
The problem is that on titanium client many of the iksar animations are broken by default. It's okay, because somehow some of the texture upgrade packs fix this. But it does mean you look like a bad puppet to anyone that hasn't chosen to use them.

unleashedd
07-02-2020, 11:37 AM
im on blue. iksar monk, basic twinkage (schw, hp rings, cheap 2hb), went solo to 40 without any problems. the innate regen, especially while FD, seems worth it. playing 1st person view, so fashionquest/animation uglies dont bother me

Vexenu
07-02-2020, 02:52 PM

Humans should have the +5% XP bonus instead of Halflings (I believe this was actually intended but Halflings somehow ended up with it due to a bug or error).

Erudites should start with 50 in the Research, Meditate and Blacksmithing skills.

High Elves should have an additional +10% discount and premium when buying and selling from vendors and should lose 30% less XP than normal on death.

Half Elves should start with 50 in the Pickpocket skill and lose 20% less XP than normal on death.

Everything else the same. Slam on Dwarf is tempting but I think ultimately too powerful. Makes Barbarians obsolete as Warriors and Dwarf Paladins too strong.

Tann
07-02-2020, 08:12 PM
I would say a monk starting in qeynos with all the crazy quest xp gives you another time boost.

Qeynos is great for newbies, oodles of exp and cash. Check this guide written by a trash panda on the subject:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259152

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Humans should have the +5% XP bonus instead of Halflings (I believe this was actually intended but Halflings somehow ended up with it due to a bug or error).

Erudites should start with 50 in the Research, Meditate and Blacksmithing skills.

High Elves should have an additional +10% discount and premium when buying and selling from vendors and should lose 30% less XP than normal on death.

Half Elves should start with 50 in the Pickpocket skill and lose 20% less XP than normal on death.

Everything else the same. Slam on Dwarf is tempting but I think ultimately too powerful. Makes Barbarians obsolete as Warriors and Dwarf Paladins too strong.

If Slam makes Dwarves too powerful as Paladins, then Slam should be taken away from any large race that can be a Shadow Knight too. No bashing allowed without a shield or your epic. Period.

DMN
07-03-2020, 01:14 AM
If Slam makes Dwarves too powerful as Paladins, then Slam should be taken away from any large race that can be a Shadow Knight too. No bashing allowed without a shield or your epic. Period.

it's kinda the whole point of the racial exp penalty. You level up slower for a bit better ability/stats.

Loadsamoney
07-03-2020, 02:30 AM
it's kinda the whole point of the racial exp penalty. You level up slower for a bit better ability/stats.

If that's how it is, I'd honestly prefer the slower leveling because A) you earn more money between levels, and B) when/if you hit 60, the experience penalty is no longer a factor, but any stat/racial bonuses you had are. When you combine various difference sources of regen, I feel like 12 standing would make a significant difference over 4 standing.

Are you going to tell me that stacking regen from Group Regrowth, Natureskin (will always prefer this over PotG), racials and equipment won't matter in a raid scenario? Won't be enough to offset the damage from the occasional AoE or aggro pull without a healer having to spend mana on you?

Jimjam
07-03-2020, 03:36 AM
A monk doesn’t need to slow it’s level to harvest more plat per level.

Xp penalty still relevant at 60 in terms of death penalty and securing 60.

Fair warning, I am devil’s advocate here. My monk is an iksar 52 vox alt and she’s been sacced a couple of times in her career as she keeps trying to break into 53 off collateral xp.

Snaggles
07-03-2020, 11:29 AM
You won’t get Natureskin on a raid as it single target 400 mana spell. POTG is ideal for casters and Aegoism for people tanking. Normal melees will hopefully have POTG or Heroic Bond up bit with dispels and buff fades you likely will just roll with what you got. I’m frequently self-buffing.

Innate regen is nice but even on a long (but not insane) fight where you have to reslow a target (say 7 mins) It’s 8hp/tick more than a non-regen race. That’s 70 ticks at 560 extra hps. Nothing for AOE fights. Plus hopefully dps groups will have torp shams which can essentially heal forever so long as players know where to go to be in range.

The harder the target the less innate racial perks apply. This is the closest thing to “balance” that’s coded into the game. If you adore the look of a dwarf, Troll, ogre, Barb, or iksar that’s great as they have some of the best combat stats and racial perks. If you don’t like the look don’t play one. If racial regen allows your guild to kill something they normally couldn’t that target was one lucky RNG roll from wiping you anyways.

Back to the thread though, iksars do have it luckier than humans essentially for all but leveling speed and faction. When your success or failure is based on only dps in/dps out an AC bonus and regen is clutch. The 20% penalty sucks but with zones like the Hole it’s bearable. I’d still roll a human if I wanted to if only to piss off the minmaxers. Liking your toon is the best way to justify grinding hundreds if not thousands of hours and then wanting to play it at 60 still. Don’t build a toon so people will approve of it.

Ennewi
07-03-2020, 11:30 AM

Half elves: Having been merely tolerated in the cities of elf and man, half elves went out of their way to form an alliance with the other have-nots of Norrath. Because of this, half elves can be bound at any of the gypsy camps and unkempt druid rings. All related NPCs other than merchants will aggro attackers, no different from city guards.

It would also have been a nice addition if half elf druids, having the worst stats of the class, were allowed a race-specific port to the unkempt ring in Rathe Mountains, or even some of the other unused/abandoned druid rings, excluding OOT and Hate 2.0.

Barbarians: Given their disdain for overdeveloped cities and their comfort in outdoor settings, barbarians can be bound at any of the barbarian fishing villages in Norrath. All related NPCs other than merchants will aggro attackers, no different from city guards.

Dwarves: Having the favor of Brell and a shared affinity for subterranean locales, dwarves are not restricted from activating jboots and consuming sow pots when traversing indoor dungeons.

Dark elves: Whether cursed or blessed by the Prince of Hate, all detrimental procs and spells cast by Innoruuk's own will generate slightly more aggro. Dark elves can be bound at the evil merchants in South Ro.

High elves: Damage dealt by and against plants/animals is slightly reduced.

Humans: Dorsal Stun Immunity. Stamina Regen increased to reflect the Health Regen benefits of Iksars and Trolls.

Loadsamoney
07-03-2020, 11:43 AM
You won’t get Natureskin on a raid as it single target 400 mana spell. POTG is ideal for casters and Aegoism for people tanking. Normal melees will hopefully have POTG or Heroic Bond up bit with dispels and buff fades you likely will just roll with what you got. I’m frequently self-buffing.

Innate regen is nice but even on a long (but not insane) fight where you have to reslow a target (say 7 mins) It’s 8hp/tick more than a non-regen race. That’s 70 ticks at 560 extra hps. Nothing for AOE fights. Plus hopefully dps groups will have torp shams which can essentially heal forever so long as players know where to go to be in range.

The harder the target the less innate racial perks apply. This is the closest thing to “balance” that’s coded into the game. If you adore the look of a dwarf, Troll, ogre, Barb, or iksar that’s great as they have some of the best combat stats and racial perks. If you don’t like the look don’t play one. If racial regen allows your guild to kill something they normally couldn’t that target was one lucky RNG roll from wiping you anyways.

Back to the thread though, iksars do have it luckier than humans essentially for all but leveling speed. When your success or failure is based on only dps in/dps out an AC bonus and regen is clutch. The 20% penalty sucks but with zones like the Hole it’s bearable. I’d still roll a human if I wanted to if only to piss off the minmaxers. Liking your toon is the best way to justify grinding hundreds if not thousands of hours and then wanting to play it at 60 still. Don’t build a toon so people will approve of it.

I like the look of Trolls and I feel like they are a perfect fit for the Shadow Knight. Greedy, malevolent, and sadistic. I don't feel like Ogres are a fit for the Shadow Knight, as they are a bit bullyish and predatory against smaller races, but they're not really the evil, insidious bastards that Trolls and Dark Elves are. And there's too many SK Ogres compared to other races anyway.

I never considered the upkeep of experience at 60 though. If that's a problem though, then I guess exp loss from raiding is a factor? But you'd have to be dying 7 or 8 times in one raid night without Cleric resses for that to be a genuine concern...

Jimjam
07-03-2020, 11:59 AM
A death at 60 is almost a yellow bub of xp. Not all 60s will max their xp bar. With 96% rez you’re losing that huge chunk of xp every 25 deaths. On a pull team character that number can come surprisingly quickly.

While xp loss at 60 isn’t a huge concern it is not quite as trivial as you estimate.

Lordgordon
07-03-2020, 12:09 PM
A mustache.

kaev
07-03-2020, 03:24 PM

Humans: Dorsal Stun Immunity. Stamina Regen increased to reflect the Health Regen benefits of Iksars and Trolls.

That seems a little silly, how about all Stuns (including mez & screaming terror) reduced in duration by 50%. That'd be fun (and make human NPCs slightly less trivial for chanters to CC.)

Tann
07-03-2020, 05:26 PM
...racial ideas...

Trolls: given their bulky and swampy nature trolls move slowly than other races and always seem slightly moist. Whilst on a biweekly magick mushroom adventure the head witch doctor accidentally sacrificed his entire races innate health regen, now when reduced to dangerously low levels of health Trolls fall into a very minor state of Torpor becoming rooted and begin to regen health equal to Level * 100 / 6 per tick for 24 seconds.

Ennewi
07-04-2020, 03:54 AM
That seems a little silly

FSI/DSI. Tomayto/tomahto, with the first being good for face tanking and the second for pulling. Though DSI would probably have been OP on humans if only because of bard swarm kiting.

Admittedly, barbarians would have made more sense for DSI, given their large race status and limited class options, but none of those classes were called on to pull traditionally. DSI on a monk/sk would have been a significant perk, especially with FD fails and cast/recast times taken into consideration. Very little advantage would come from DSI while tanking, as the tank would have been unable to melee the target with their back turned and would have lost out on ripostes/parries while also potentially exposing themselves to backstabs, depending on the mob. The only time a tank would have used DSI while tanking would have been when a mob enraged?

how about all Stuns (including mez & screaming terror) reduced in duration by 50%. That'd be fun (and make human NPCs slightly less trivial for chanters to CC.)

Interesting idea, particularly with extending racial bonuses to NPCs, but then why would humans, of all races, be more resistant to stuns? DSI could have been considered for humans because they were the only race in Norrath to learn and teach the ways of each pure melee class, not one excluded (rogue, warrior, monk). Even iksars and barbarians fell short of that. Better still, if NPCs weren't just given racial bonuses but utilized their toolkits better. If rogue NPCs stealthed and pickpocketed. If bard NPCs charmed / mezzed. If ranger NPCs aggro'd from great distances because of track.

Ennewi
07-04-2020, 04:50 AM
Trolls: given their bulky and swampy nature trolls move slowly than other races and always seem slightly moist. Whilst on a biweekly magick mushroom adventure the head witch doctor accidentally sacrificed his entire races innate health regen, now when reduced to dangerously low levels of health Trolls fall into a very minor state of Torpor becoming rooted and begin to regen health equal to Level * 100 / 6 per tick for 24 seconds.

Torpor? Root?

https://youtu.be/4SjYoYUfh-w

greenspectre
07-04-2020, 01:00 PM

So Half-Elves become the optimum choice for rangers then?

kaev
07-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Interesting idea, particularly with extending racial bonuses to NPCs, but then why would humans, of all races, be more resistant to stuns?

Not more resistant, just quicker to recover. Was randomly thinking of Advanced Squad Leader rules when I read your post, where the american units, tho more easily broken than other equivalent squads (broken = morale mechanic... "hit the dirt!"), then more easily recover from broken status than other nationalities. Made for some interesting battles.

getsome
07-04-2020, 11:13 PM
What does a Human Monk get over an Iksar Monk in P99?

A guise.

Hisamori
07-05-2020, 11:33 AM

Good idea, but this number seems very high? At level 10, that would be regenerating 166 per tick, 500 total over 24 seconds, at level 60, 1000/tick, 3000 total.

fastboy21
07-05-2020, 01:46 PM
A Monk is the only class I can realistically see myself playing as a Human (for that swag eyepatch), but I'm trying to determine how a Human Monk is supposed to be evenly matched with an Iksar Monk in the long-term in regards to damage output and survivability, without the Iksar Monk having a clear, permanent advantage (regen and innate AC) over a Human Monk.

In other words, how is a Human Monk not inferior to an Iksar Monk in the end, assuming identical gear, stats, and player skill?

What content do you expect to be doing that will be unavailable by playing human?

The answer is that there isn't any. So, min/maxing really doesn't matter if you plan to play this out.

The best answer for monk is that the player actually matters. A crappy human monk would still be a crappy iksar monk. Its not even close...

Baler
07-05-2020, 04:08 PM

A guise.

Dark Elf monk is pretty sweet. Those jumping kicks are something else.

Snaggles
07-05-2020, 04:10 PM
The best answer for monk is that the player actually matters. A crappy human monk would still be a crappy iksar monk. Its not even close...

For the record: There are some amazing monks and some real worthless ones. Same goes for all classes but it’s astonishing the spread when it comes down to a few buttons and an ounce of common sense...

Dogma
07-05-2020, 05:31 PM

Told to reroll.

DeathsSilkyMist
07-17-2020, 12:15 PM
Here are the statistical advantages:
1. 1 less delay on bare fists starting at level 25
2. 10 more base cold resistance
3. 5 more base STA
4. 5 more base STR
5. 20 more base CHA (for vendoring and Divine Intervention)
6. 20% less of an experience penalty
7. Better starting faction
8. Can make Human Cultural items

Cecily
07-17-2020, 06:55 PM
And humans look way better, too.

fastboy21
07-17-2020, 07:41 PM
You can get an eye patch!

Bardp1999
07-17-2020, 09:09 PM
Human monk is the superior monk
1) Dragon Eye-patch
2) Slightly more damage
3) Hands down better looking
4) More classic

Really point #1 is the only one that matters

VincentVolaju
07-18-2020, 07:36 AM
What about the whole Humans being blind at night thing? Are there Monk items that have vision buffs on them?

Jimjam
07-18-2020, 09:19 AM
Doesn't matter that human monks are nightblind; the iksar monks aren't. Even at night iksar can see how much better a human looks. The humans doesn't need to see that; their character choice shows they already know.

Kirdan
07-18-2020, 12:49 PM
Even on green where we don't have kunark/velious yet, my monk has 5 items that grant serpent sight or UV. Being nightblind isn't the issue people make it out to be.

Kanuvan
07-27-2020, 08:14 PM
human monks are at the end of the day are better because they get a huge head start to iksar, they get epic faster they get to level sooner whill iksar doesnt even get to the play the game for a full year, once both races are completely maxed in gear the regen is insignificant at that point and human monks fully geared are plowing through karnors castle without batting an eye and human monks get to start doing this way sooner because of the giant head start they get over iksar, you are just waiting 1 year + just to have a insignificant advantage at the end of the day and you get to look like a ugly lizard with inferior fashion questing

once a human monk gets fungi/epic its all over, they functionally are the same thing at that piont

people really underestimate the advantage of being fully sky geared way before a iksar even steps foot into field of bone

as the server ages of the advantage of being human wanes and you should probably go iksar, but early in the servers life being a human monk is just 100% superior than waiting around for a year like a doofus because "muh iksar regen"

iksar will only be better when green is 5 years old and youre a new player

kjs86z
07-28-2020, 11:33 AM
human monks are at the end of the day are better because they get a huge head start to iksar, they get epic faster they get to level sooner whill iksar doesnt even get to the play the game for a full year, once both races are completely maxed in gear the regen is insignificant at that point and human monks fully geared are plowing through karnors castle without batting an eye and human monks get to start doing this way sooner because of the giant head start they get over iksar, you are just waiting 1 year + just to have a insignificant advantage at the end of the day and you get to look like a ugly lizard with inferior fashion questing

once a human monk gets fungi/epic its all over, they functionally are the same thing at that piont

people really underestimate the advantage of being fully sky geared way before a iksar even steps foot into field of bone

as the server ages of the advantage of being human wanes and you should probably go iksar, but early in the servers life being a human monk is just 100% superior than waiting around for a year like a doofus because "muh iksar regen"

iksar will only be better when green is 5 years old and youre a new player

Yeah but god-tier is leveling a good plat farming class first and starting a level 1 lizard monk with a fungi + all the other goodies ready to go.

GnomeCaptain
07-31-2020, 09:06 PM
Race means nothing. Being a skilled and fun player is everything.

Baler
08-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Race means nothing. Being a skilled and fun player is everything.

There is a lot of truth in this ^

I've seen people min/max race,gear, etc.. None of those can help a player who is inexperienced or lacks the knowledge to conquer norrath.

Snaggles
08-03-2020, 12:07 AM
Really it’s comes down to personal preference on looks, like all these talks. No racial perk will matter in the ends. Group stuff has 8-10k hps or so. The hard stuff you duo or group has tens of thousands of hps. Raid forces it’s in the hundreds of thousands. The only mechanics that remotely scales properly is slow, haste, and charm. CH to some degree but has its limits.

If you like your toon you will stick with it (or come back to it) when common sense says this game is a waste of time.

RecondoJoe
08-08-2020, 09:43 AM
20% faster reaching 60?

Exp in Kunark is way faster than on the old continents in my experience. I always leveled Iksars really fast because Kunark 1-50 was basically easy mode.

Christina.
08-09-2020, 04:59 PM
Just play whatever you want :)

Far as faction, ive seen ogres in akanon. So go figure, it's EverQuest. You can fix ANY faction with enough time/focus

iamrabbit
09-03-2020, 03:10 PM
Do you want a freaking cool eye patch or a tail?

darkreap
09-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Flying Kick... enough said

Jibartik
09-03-2020, 03:48 PM
golden pants, eyepatch, beard of gods, flowing locks, dark elf masks = regen.

So its a tough call.