PDA

View Full Version : What's better?

questever
06-29-2020, 05:32 PM
For a warrior duel wielding , is it better to have the weapon with faster attack speed in the primary or secondary?

aspomwell
06-29-2020, 05:36 PM
Primary gets the attack bonus, faster weapon goes in primary.

Danth
06-29-2020, 05:40 PM
Given near-equal ratios stick the faster weapon in primary as a general rule. This does not apply if the slower weapon is dramatically superior or cannot be used in the offhand such as Wurmslayer. Cases where one weapon has a desirable combat special ("proc") also affects this choice because the main hand weapon activates its special far more often than the offhand.

Danth

Baler
06-29-2020, 05:42 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/search.php

Videri
06-29-2020, 08:23 PM
This was a good thread.

questever
06-29-2020, 08:39 PM
Currently have weapons 13/20, 15/23. Both do not proc unfortunately.

DeathsSilkyMist
06-29-2020, 09:06 PM
Currently have weapons 13/20, 15/23. Both do not proc unfortunately.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Priceless_Velium_Warsword in primary.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Blade_of_Carnage in secondary.

questever
06-29-2020, 09:22 PM
everyone seems to agree, ty guys

kaizersoze
06-30-2020, 06:17 AM
You have an ST keyed warrior and a BoC but not proc weapons??

Snaggles
06-30-2020, 10:59 AM
If you have those weapons you should know the answer. If you don’t, you should parse.

Blingy
06-30-2020, 11:50 AM
If you have those weapons you should know the answer. If you don’t, you should parse.

or refrain from RMT?

Long ago a thread like this showed up on the Saryrn Tavern every few months. Most of the time is was an ebay'd toon. Not directly saying the OP was RMT'd but playing the odds.....

questever
06-30-2020, 11:56 AM
Cool, I have no problem investigating my account. I put a whole lotta hours in the tunnel

Loadsamoney
06-30-2020, 01:10 PM
Cool, I have no problem investigating my account. I put a whole lotta hours in the tunnel

Never leveled a main or an alt and grinded for the money, just bought low and sold high for weeks on end until you could afford stuff that goes for well over 100kpp?

I mean, that's doable I suppose, but...

strongNpretty
06-30-2020, 01:21 PM
/emote Grabs Popcorn

Snaggles
06-30-2020, 01:34 PM
or refrain from RMT?

Long ago a thread like this showed up on the Saryrn Tavern every few months. Most of the time is was an ebay'd toon. Not directly saying the OP was RMT'd but playing the odds.....

That is for the sleuths to figure out. :) I was just being snarky.

OP: it depends on your level. Damage caps favor speed to level 30. Dmg bonus will prevail at some point over ratio in the high 50’s. The muddy middle is where ratio is supreme. Personally I find BoC to be marginal as a 60 MH besides stats. If you have a Horn or Hsagra that’s great but your piercing cap is lower. What you want for a MH is a SBoZ or possibly a reaver (if 30-50’s solo).

Personally I’d go Reaver and gnome warrior. Between the 40% spell haste arms and the 2h you will lose less dps with the battle-bind macro.

Basically
cheap path: Reaver 30+
Expensive path: Sboz MH, BoC offhand

questever
06-30-2020, 02:36 PM

OP: it depends on your level. Damage caps favor speed to level 30. Dmg bonus will prevail at some point over ratio in the high 50’s. The muddy middle is where ratio is supreme. Personally I find BoC to be marginal as a 60 MH besides stats. If you have a Horn or Hsagra that’s great but your piercing cap is lower. What you want for a MH is a SBoZ or possibly a reaver (if 30-50’s solo).

Personally I’d go Reaver and gnome warrior. Between the 40% spell haste arms and the 2h you will lose less dps with the battle-bind macro.

Basically

Good post, appreciate the knowledge

Loadsamoney
06-30-2020, 02:39 PM

Basically

Nobody ever recommends Sword of the Bloodsworn. I thought that was a Kunark weapon (according to Zam at least).

Danth
06-30-2020, 03:58 PM
Nobody ever recommends Sword of the Bloodsworn. I thought that was a Kunark weapon (according to Zam at least).

That weapon drops in Kunark but it wasn't a kunark-era item: It was added with the Droga revamp later on, I think Planes of Power-era. It's not available on P1999.

Danth

DeathsSilkyMist
06-30-2020, 04:02 PM

You should stick to the P99 wiki for P99 items. That sword obviously isn't Velious era. The stats are way too good for a Droga item, and it has + endurance. That stat modifier is post Velious, no item in P99 has it.

gamewin
07-01-2020, 12:30 AM
The Horn of Hsagra is a beast, even in a warriors hands. Trust me.