PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Freeport Has It's Own Timezone

Deathrydar
05-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I thought it was me at first. I would zone into East Commonalands from West Freeport and notice that all of a sudden it was dark. I thought it was just me. Well, I zoned in from East Commonlands at 5am (game time) as the sun was coming up in East Commonlands, but when I zoned into Freeport, the moon was still up in the sky (about mid point, like it was midnight) but when I zoned back into EC, the sun was up and it was as bright as day (haha! get it?).

Also, if you do a /time in NRO, EC or WC, it seems that all of the other zones are 5-6 game hours ahead of Freeport's time. You get a different time result if you /time in Freeport than you would if you /time in any of the other zones.

Weird....

Deathrydar
05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Update:
This timezone mystery is effecting all three zones of Freeport:
East, West, and North.

Deathrydar
05-09-2011, 11:26 PM
So, not sure what happened here, but now NRO, EFP, WFP and NFP have the same time when you do /time but EC and WC are about 5 hours ahead of those zones. I am not high enough to go into the other zones as of yet.

Rogean
05-09-2011, 11:35 PM
One of the servers that runs some of the zone's system clock was off a bit, that might have affected it. Might clear up at next reboot.

Deathrydar
05-10-2011, 07:32 AM
One of the servers that runs some of the zone's system clock was off a bit, that might have affected it. Might clear up at next reboot.

Great! Thanks!!

Deathrydar
05-12-2011, 09:58 PM

Issue was resolved with todays......uhh......"reboot".

Thanks Rogean!