PDA

View Full Version : For the love of the tunnel

Plowyabeastlord
06-23-2020, 11:09 PM
Can you people PLEASE understand that the wiki prices are not what items are selling for. They are a guideline of asking prices and are highly manipulated by Wrin / Caros and a few others. Do yourself a favor, and come to forums and search the item your selling and get an avg of actual asking prices. I personally try to keep my prices more than fair and pass along my savings to others but if yall keep giving in and believing these wiki prices, market is gonna crash worse than it is.

Rant over, Flame away do whatever ya gotta do but i had to put this out there.

-Best Regards
Fleamarkit

Snortles Chortles
06-23-2020, 11:44 PM
there’s an economy on the beta server?

Hisamori
06-24-2020, 12:07 AM
Wait, Eyepatch of the Shadows isn't worth 15k and Narandi's Lance isn't worth 50k?

Trexller
06-24-2020, 01:06 AM
Yeah people only claim wiki average price when it is in their interest, wiki shows lower price etc.

What they don't know is that wiki prices are easily manipulable. People upload their log files, the wiki parses the logs for /auc item and prices.

All a person has to do to screw up the wiki prices is just alter their own log files and upload to wiki.

wiki prices are about 50% on par with EC. Some way high, some way low etc.

Learn to haggle, and don't haggle over pennies. if you are broke on EQ, you have bigger problems.

indiscriminate_hater
06-24-2020, 01:28 AM
Do you not manipulate prices? Lol

Loadsamoney
06-24-2020, 01:38 AM
Yeah people only claim wiki average price when it is in their interest, wiki shows lower price etc.

What they don't know is that wiki prices are easily manipulable. People upload their log files, the wiki parses the logs for /auc item and prices.

All a person has to do to screw up the wiki prices is just alter their own log files and upload to wiki.

wiki prices are about 50% on par with EC. Some way high, some way low etc.

Learn to haggle, and don't haggle over pennies. if you are broke on EQ, you have bigger problems.

Don't tell me you've never been in the newbies shoes where you have to claw and scrape by with cloth armor and rusty weapons, only able to upgrade to a measly budget weapon and banded?

That said, maybe that means I can get a Hierophant's Cloak on the cheap.

Jimjam
06-24-2020, 04:15 AM
there痴 an economy on the beta server?

On the sony test server someone just flat out gave my 30s ranger an amulet of necropotence. Thats the real test server economy right there.

Baler
06-24-2020, 05:37 AM
Fat Cats have spreadsheets and custom log parsing programs.

You can't win

Plowyabeastlord
06-24-2020, 06:24 AM
Do you not manipulate prices? Lol

Never, I buy items for 60-85% market value. I then ask going rates and 9/10 times accept offers under said going rate.

Saisu
06-24-2020, 07:30 AM
Plow, I’m an economy noob; can you give some examples of common items with wiki prices that drastically differ from their value? I’m sure high-end items suffer from this a lot. But are things like Fungi Tunics actually selling for 40k instead of ~60k? Are MQ prices routinely haggled way down? Are there mid-level items that are routinely advertised at highly inflated prices?

Interested in seeing behind the curtain. I’m always struggling to set fair prices on (mid to low level) gear.

Plowyabeastlord
06-24-2020, 07:58 AM
Plow, I知 an economy noob; can you give some examples of common items with wiki prices that drastically differ from their value? I知 sure high-end items suffer from this a lot. But are things like Fungi Tunics actually selling for 40k instead of ~60k? Are MQ prices routinely haggled way down? Are there mid-level items that are routinely advertised at highly inflated prices?

Interested in seeing behind the curtain. I知 always struggling to set fair prices on (mid to low level) gear.

Pretty much most of the items in the 15-100k range suffer from wiki manipulation from the mentioned above names. Hell if anyone remembers Petersen the tunnel troll, he likes to auction fungi tunic for like 85k, dragon bags at 110k and so forth. I知 basically trying to help everyone be aware that wiki is not the definite price guideline.

Vaarsuvius
06-24-2020, 11:15 AM
Can you people PLEASE understand that the wiki prices are not what items are selling for. They are a guideline of asking prices and are highly manipulated by Wrin / Caros and a few others. Do yourself a favor, and come to forums and search the item your selling and get an avg of actual asking prices. I personally try to keep my prices more than fair and pass along my savings to others but if yall keep giving in and believing these wiki prices, market is gonna crash worse than it is.

Rant over, Flame away do whatever ya gotta do but i had to put this out there.

-Best Regards
Fleamarkit

Hehehehe, why do I have some sort of deja vu feeling reading your post Plow ? :)

Vaarsuvius
06-24-2020, 11:20 AM
Plow, I知 an economy noob; can you give some examples of common items with wiki prices that drastically differ from their value? I知 sure high-end items suffer from this a lot. But are things like Fungi Tunics actually selling for 40k instead of ~60k? Are MQ prices routinely haggled way down? Are there mid-level items that are routinely advertised at highly inflated prices?

Interested in seeing behind the curtain. I知 always struggling to set fair prices on (mid to low level) gear.

Only casual EC tunneler here, far from having Plow's experience, but for example, when auctionning to sell a Hiero cloak a couple of days ago, I was offered a Shard of the Night for it, but the same day, I saw someone selling a very long list lot of high end pieces of gear ask nearly 60k for said Shard of Night

Muggens
06-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Only have positive exeperience with fleamarkit, hes a decent guy

kaizersoze
06-24-2020, 10:16 PM
If you see Caros selling something, chances are the ACTUAL price of the item is 1/2 to 3/4ths of it. The only thing hes sold at a reasonable rate is seahorse belt at 30k.

questever
06-24-2020, 11:01 PM
@plowyabeastlord, you the guy always spamming, begging people for their items for cheap? "Fleabag" or something like that?

Hisamori
06-24-2020, 11:07 PM
@plowyabeastlord, you the guy always spamming, begging people for their items for cheap? "Fleabag" or something like that?

99% sure the person who was Fleabag does not play anymore. Human ranger, I helped him with his epic about a year ago, and he pretty much never left Karnor's.

Pootle
06-25-2020, 05:19 AM
Is there a way to get known overpricers/manipulators removed from the Wiki tracker?

I am sure i read a post about that a long time ago.

Cardos was spamming a Narandi's Lance for 50,000 and 100,000 the other day.

Muggens
06-25-2020, 06:19 AM
Have the guy running the auction tracker site /ignore Cardos and Wrin

White_knight
06-25-2020, 06:56 AM
Is there a way to get known overpricers/manipulators removed from the Wiki tracker?

I am sure i read a post about that a long time ago.

Cardos was spamming a Narandi's Lance for 50,000 and 100,000 the other day.

Not rly because you can literally shift+find your name in a log and change it to whatever you want before uploading it to the wiki.

That's why the WIKI is a just a guide more than anything, and i always check back months on prices listed.

Trexller
06-25-2020, 11:03 PM
Don't tell me you've never been in the newbies shoes where you have to claw and scrape by with cloth armor and rusty weapons, only able to upgrade to a measly budget weapon and banded?

That said, maybe that means I can get a Hierophant's Cloak on the cheap.

No. making money in EQ is easy. you just have to know what to farm at your current level. Like i said, being broke in EQ is a you problem. Just the same as being broke IRL is also a you problem.

Plowyabeastlord
06-26-2020, 06:06 AM

I don稚 beg people for their items for cheap. I simply offer a service, a great one, for people who are looking for a quick plat to buy an item they need in a pinch. I also help many farmers out who have more items they know what to do with and hate sitting in tunnel so I sell their items for them and it allows them to go back to farming. Here痴 my view on what I do for the economy. You sell me an item for slightly under market value. I list item for market value(never over like the few mentioned above). Someone offers me 5-10% less than wiki, well guess what! I can now pass that price on to them and now we are both happy because they got a good deal and I made a small profit.

Vaarsuvius
06-27-2020, 05:30 AM
No. making money in EQ is easy. you just have to know what to farm at your current level. Like i said, being broke in EQ is a you problem. Just the same as being broke IRL is also a you problem.

Nice blanket statement...
In theory it is, but most of the time and for some odd reason you will often find some other greedy bastards camping said cash cows when you get there. Unless you're a FDing douche who'll repeatedly train guys at the camp you want so much until they leave

strongNpretty
07-27-2020, 03:46 PM
Just here to remind you all that Caros is mentally unhealthy. That is all.