PDA

View Full Version : MQ fail clarification

Hisamori
06-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Just masking sure I'm reading this page right: http://wiki.project1999.com/Multiquest

I went to get someThurg leather arms MQ'd. MQer turned in and I turned in. I am warmly w/ Coldain. He is indiff. I then noticed the NPC gave the text for "not trusting you yet with this item". I assume this was from him and as the page said, both the MQer and MQee would need appropriate faction (would make sense).

MQer insisted Indifferent was sufficient.

Dogma
06-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Both characters need the required amount of faction.

Indifferent is enough for a lot of quests, but the velious class armor quests require higher.

draconov
06-21-2020, 07:21 PM
You need kindly. You were warmly, which is above kindly. Indifferent is below kindly by 2 standings.

Hisamori
06-21-2020, 07:28 PM
Thank you for confirming. This is mostly for my protection as the MQer insisted it was my fault for the failed MQ and that I was to pay, which I did not.

Akg49
06-21-2020, 11:26 PM
Next time have each party hail the questgiver for quest text. That is how you will know each has proper faction.

bonesaw
06-22-2020, 02:49 AM
On a similar note, is it possible to do your own MQs provided faction is good enough on both characters (give armor, log out, log in, give gems)? If so how long is the quest NPCs memory?

Hisamori
06-22-2020, 02:57 AM
On a similar note, is it possible to do your own MQs provided faction is good enough on both characters (give armor, log out, log in, give gems)? If so how long is the quest NPCs memory?

Yes, I have helped people do this. Hailed Hasten while someone MQ'd ring off one char, logged, and handed in corpsed rapier/gold off another. I charmed Balatin for some guy who had pipe(s) on one char and robe/pipe on monk for Whistling Fists hand in

Jimjam
06-22-2020, 03:00 AM
So was the seller scamming or what?

Hisamori
06-22-2020, 03:12 AM
I think he just didn't know what he was doing. The guy was green con so must have been lower than 35. Not sure how he ended up with leather sleeves.

Old_PVP
06-22-2020, 11:47 AM

I do this all the time on Red. Farm quest items on higher levels and MQ with my low level alts. NPC memory seems to last until server reset or npc reset in my experience. The crushbone shoulderpads can basically be considered a MQ. A random noob can turn 1 shoulderpad in days before you show up and the quest npc will still be telling you how he has 1 and needs another. You can then profit off that noobs mistake.

loramin
06-22-2020, 12:12 PM
NPC memory seems to last until server reset or npc reset in my experience. The crushbone shoulderpads can basically be considered a MQ. A random noob can turn 1 shoulderpad in days before you show up and the quest npc will still be telling you how he has 1 and needs another. You can then profit off that noobs mistake.

This. Also, as a side effect if you could somehow acquire the sleeves yourself before anyone else on the server tries to complete that quest, you can save yourself the gems (they'll already be turned in).

Conversely, if someone else tries to MQ those sleeves now and turns in the armor first (before the gems person) ... they're going to get the final sleeves instead of giving it to their MQer.

So hopefully (for whoever is next) they're not MQing ...