PDA

View Full Version : Solo Artist Challenge: Quests Only

Trexller
06-17-2020, 04:16 PM
Level up your toon, using quests only. Without grinding xp mobs.

XP gained from killing quest mobs is legit, but not killing them more than you need to for the quest item you want.

It's an honor system thing, you could stream/record your entire leveling but that'd be a big TLDW.

Like farm bone chips, turn them in, farm orc belts, turn them in, highpass scalps, goblin ears, Paw scrolls.

Or other easily farmable quests. Or not easy for the real solo artist.

Might start a necro and try this. Are there any easily repeatable quests for the 40-60 range?

Smotr
06-17-2020, 04:23 PM
I actually dinged 60 from turning in braids in OT.

loramin
06-17-2020, 04:43 PM
This isn't really a "solo artist" challenge, it's much more of an ... I dunno ... pointless masochism challenge? :)

Izmael
06-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Level to 60 solo while wearing boxing gloves IRL 100% of the time you play.

Extra points if you throw in some tunnelquesting.

strongNpretty
06-17-2020, 05:37 PM
Level to 60 solo while wearing boxing gloves IRL 100% of the time you play.

Extra points if you throw in some tunnelquesting.

/auction WTB a;jwet;adgwelj;bsavho Pst!

therealmd
06-17-2020, 05:55 PM
This could be the worst idea yet

plzrelax
06-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Before Paw really blew up with the zem patch, there were definitely a few people farming scrolls to level from 40-60

Trexller
06-17-2020, 06:00 PM
This could be the worst idea yet

yeah i agree, but the thought made me imagine the challenge

i forgot about the braids too...

what other decent xp quests are out there? for my pointless masochistic needs.

Wallicker
06-17-2020, 07:59 PM
1-60 off of Lasen’s Thirst in Qeynos just clicking off of stacks of water over And over a million times would be impressively masochistic.

Philistine
06-17-2020, 10:07 PM
An interesting idea! I don't think I have the discipline for it. Quests like the shawls could be done to justify killing a wider variety of mobs and breaking up the monotony a bit?

Baler
06-17-2020, 11:57 PM
Many people love the old solo challenge lists but I haven't seen major effort to make a velious version.

Everyone suggest a quest and what teir it belongs in. Let's do this as a community
I got it started lol..

Copy under this line and add a quest!

Warmup
* Bone chips
* Research Aid / Evil Research
Solo Disciple
* Paw of Opolla Quest
* Journeyman's Boots Quest
* Leatherfoot Raiders
Solo Master/Duo Disciple
Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master
Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster
Duo God Mode

loramin
06-18-2020, 11:18 AM
An interesting idea! I don't think I have the discipline for it. Quests like the shawls could be done to justify killing a wider variety of mobs and breaking up the monotony a bit?

I think the important thing to understand is ... despite being a game called "EverQuest" ... quests were never a key part of leveling. There were a very few rare quests that were relevant after level 10 (eg. Tesch Val Scrolls), but those were more the exception that proved the rule. So while you could go do the Shawl quest for a break, just like you could go fishing in Ocean of Tears for a break ... you'd get almost the same amount of experience doing either ;)

I'd guess completing every sub-quest in all seven shawl quests gives something like 2% of a level.

Dezlen
06-18-2020, 12:30 PM
Years and years ago, when Kunark was still rotated, before the rise of velious, I leveled my wizard from some point in mid/late 52 to 54 doing nothing but Hero bracer questing. For reference the price of hero bracers at the time was 500p. I sold mine for 350p. I sold alot of hero bracers.

I do not recommend doing this. I am not proud of those days.

Jibartik
06-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Many people love the old solo challenge lists but I haven't seen major effort to make a velious version.

Everyone suggest a quest and what teir it belongs in. Let's do this as a community
I got it started lol..

Copy under this line and add a quest!

Warmup
* Bone chips
* Research Aid / Evil Research
Solo Disciple
* Paw of Opolla Quest
* Journeyman's Boots Quest
* Leatherfoot Raiders
Solo Master/Duo Disciple
Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master
Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster
Duo God Mode

hahah!

Pyrocat
06-18-2020, 02:07 PM
This isn't really a "solo artist" challenge, it's much more of an ... I dunno ... pointless masochism challenge? :)

^

Erati
06-18-2020, 02:10 PM
Years and years ago, when Kunark was still rotated, before the rise of velious, I leveled my wizard from some point in mid/late 52 to 54 doing nothing but Hero bracer questing. For reference the price of hero bracers at the time was 500p. I sold mine for 350p. I sold alot of hero bracers.

I do not recommend doing this. I am not proud of those days.

This quest is fantastic exp - even at lvl 45 youll see movement.

7thGate
06-18-2020, 02:19 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Wenglawks_The_Traitor

This would be how I got a significant amount of level 59 done. There is a (multi?) day respawn on the shardwing courier which makes it hard to farm, exactly, but checking on him and killing him en route to ToV was easy. Was Rogue soloable with mid-tier raid gear and slow poison plus root nets, but likely harder after the root net nerf. Could probably still do it with snare/blind poison kiting or snare to give root poison reapplication time though. Did about 1.5% of level 59 per turnin.

Jibartik
06-18-2020, 04:20 PM
If playing the game and leveling only by getting exp from quests is masochistic, what is leveling your 19th character to 60? :o