PDA

View Full Version : Reminder on Forum Rules

Blistig
06-17-2020, 01:40 PM
I've recently removed a few threads here for multiple violations of P99 Forum Rules by several users. For those who frequent this section regularly, please take some time to review these rules here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324844

Rather than ban several accounts (who, I suspect, all feel they are the "victim"), I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.

JurisDictum
06-17-2020, 01:53 PM
That's cool, but what about the forum account Asteria, which doxxed several people on this board but is currently unbanned? Is this all so lawful and neutral as it looks? -j

Blistig
06-17-2020, 01:56 PM
Rather than ban several accounts (who, I suspect, all feel they are the "victim"), I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.

JurisDictum
06-17-2020, 01:58 PM
clean slate on doxxing that's awesome. Thanks p99!

Vaye
06-17-2020, 02:17 PM
Can you inform us on who these several accounts are at least? Big Japan is participating in ban evasion by posting on her bf's account. I just want to know every iteration of this dumb psycho. It would be a public service to us using these forums, thanks.

Vaye
06-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Thank you for cleaning the forums up btw. Nice work :)

Woke Locc
06-17-2020, 06:07 PM
Will the rules be enforced going forward?

loramin
06-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Will the rules be enforced going forward?

Edited for clarity:
Rather than follow the rules, so that players know they can trust the staff to enforce the rules as written, I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.

But to be clear, I still appreciate Blistig's volunteer efforts very much! I certainly am not volunteering to moderate this place!

I just think this decision was a mistake: if the goal is to get people to follow the rules, leading with "and I'm not going to follow the rules", says what exactly? Especially when it's based on imagining whether someone will cry about being a victim :rolleyes:

And I mean, these are forum accounts we're talking about, not game accounts. Lulz is on what, his 10th one now? ;) Getting banned from the forum just means you lose your post count: there's no need to put the kid gloves on. If anything this will create more whining ("why did I get banned when you let those other people off with a warning?")

It's not too late though: Blistig you can always say "I was trying to be a nice guy as the new mod, but the forum has convinced me the rules we write should actually matter, so I revoke what I said earlier." And even if you do cut people some slack anyway ... do it behind the scenes, not as a big "I'm flouting the rules so you guys better pay attention to them" gesture.

Snortles Chortles
06-17-2020, 07:39 PM
i bet you feel pretty silly right now

loramin
06-17-2020, 07:42 PM
Thank you Mr. 10th forum account ;)

Woke Locc
06-17-2020, 07:49 PM
Edited for clarity:

But to be clear, I still appreciate Blistig's volunteer efforts very much! I certainly am not volunteering to moderate this place!

I just think this decision was a mistake: if the goal is to get people to follow the rules, leading with "and I'm not going to follow the rules", says what exactly? Especially when it's based on imagining whether someone will cry about being a victim :rolleyes:

And I mean, these are forum accounts we're talking about, not game accounts. Lulz is on what, his 10th one now? ;) Getting banned from the forum just means you lose your post count: there's no need to put the kid gloves on. If anything this will create more whining ("why did I get banned when you let those other people off with a warning?")

It's not too late though: Blistig you can always say "I was trying to be a nice guy as the new mod, but the forum has convinced me the rules we write should actually matter, so I revoke what I said earlier." And even if you do cut people some slack anyway ... do it behind the scenes, not as a big "I'm flouting the rules so you guys better pay attention to them" gesture.

I just want to know what changes we should expect. The rules haven't been enforced in this section for a long long time. It'll be a bloodbath if users aren't aware things are different now.

Thank you for the effort you put in into not answering my question. ;)

loramin
06-17-2020, 07:56 PM
I was more "riffing off of your point" (and going off on a tangent about my lack of sympathy for rule breakers) than trying to your question :)

Woke Locc
06-17-2020, 08:04 PM
I was more "riffing off of your point" (and going off on a tangent about my lack of sympathy for rule breakers) than trying to your question :)

All good dude, the last sentence is an attempt at "trolling" as an example or sample text.

Baler
06-17-2020, 08:28 PM
This is why we can't have nice things :(
As one voice who stood up for the riot thread in it's early stages. It saddens me to see certain people can't keep it together and stay on topic in a mature respectful way.

Thank You Blistig and all staff.

Edit: Galach did give us a warning early on.

Asteria
06-17-2020, 09:51 PM
Thank you, Blistig.

Patriam1066
06-18-2020, 02:04 AM
Are all the trannies military veterans? And white? This is how Rome fell

BlackBellamy
06-18-2020, 08:16 AM
This is why we can't have nice things :(
As one voice who stood up for the riot thread in it's early stages. It saddens me to see certain people can't keep it together and stay on topic in a mature respectful way.

Thank You Blistig and all staff.

Edit: Galach did give us a warning early on.

To be fair the riot thread has run it's course. What should have happened is people should have just stopped posting in it because you know, the thread was about the riots and objectively there are no more riots and everything that needed to be said about them was. Instead we had the mentally ill alt-brigade start their narcissitic circle jerk of doxxing and rape accusations.

I would have preferred the thread locked and whatever the last couple of offending posts deleted instead of the entire thread being thrown into the memory hole because there was a lot of good discussion and points made. Maybe the new guy will understand there are other options besides the nuclear but whatever really.

BiG SiP
10-18-2020, 04:56 PM
i bet you feel pretty silly right now

Asteria
10-28-2020, 09:27 AM
bArKs

JDFriend99
02-25-2021, 04:41 AM
Shits sick all the way around, even worse online.

Games broken is all Loramin.

JDFriend99
02-25-2021, 04:43 AM
Are all the trannies military veterans? And white? This is how Rome fell

You should be banned for shaming whites or military vets.

If i were staff id have enough balls to do so.

Guess we live in the dont offend one race/class age, fpor fear of even less work done.

HalflingSpergand
02-25-2021, 11:50 AM
Heartfelt, deep,emotional,amazing, Virtuous. This poster deserves an award. Wow. Wow wow

Snortles Chortles
02-25-2021, 01:15 PM
thots and prayers

Bardp1999
02-25-2021, 01:51 PM
thots and prayers

Snortles Chortles
02-25-2021, 01:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/d1i71zz.gif

BlackBellamy
02-26-2021, 02:04 PM
How you people spam up reminder on forum rules is beyond me.

imperiouskitten
03-26-2021, 08:44 PM
mods = f@gs

Arvan
03-26-2021, 09:01 PM
Nice thanks for moderating. Off the top of my head i can think of at least 5 forum posters who habitually break the forum rules.

HalflingSpergand
03-26-2021, 10:08 PM
Code red we got a staff basher

Byue
06-27-2021, 07:19 PM
Nice thanks for moderating. Off the top of my head i can think of at least 5 forum posters who habitually break the forum rules.

Let me guess, they all disagree with you politically.

You should be banned for shaming whites or military vets.

If i were staff id have enough balls to do so.

Guess we live in the dont offend one race/class age, fpor fear of even less work done.

I mean, is calling a specific portion of the population a basket of deplorable problematic?

It suck bc

or some shit.

Never mock vets.
And while you're at it, just end it there.
Never mock people.

Easy enough.

It's nice because

Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Defensible am i rite.

Just do as the GM said like you tell people to respect lawful orders by the police.
Be nice.
Stop lying.

Nocht
06-27-2021, 07:22 PM
ribbit

Byue
06-27-2021, 07:28 PM
ribbit

Thank you for being insulting right on the please be nice forum rules sticky post.
Very original and extremely clever use of frog sound to make fun of a French person.

I'll be honest, I didn't think you could be clever.
Usually only post hateful against jews bullshit, racist crap and sexist bullshit.

Who knew, you could also be subtle & insulting all at once?

Nocht
06-27-2021, 07:28 PM
ribbit

Byue
06-27-2021, 07:31 PM

Is Nocht amongst them?

Nocht
06-27-2021, 07:32 PM

Pulgasari
06-27-2021, 07:40 PM
don't necro threads

Byue
06-27-2021, 07:48 PM
Just so we are clear. If you said this to my face, I would fucking kill you and bury you unceremoniously in my backyard, bitch

Nocht
06-27-2021, 08:15 PM
Even Hitler did good things.

Grumph
10-31-2021, 12:04 AM
Just found this thread.

Wow. Your a good man Blistig.