PDA

View Full Version : Mage epic Plvlage best zone?

Beldan4
06-14-2020, 03:45 PM
Ok, lets assume all zones are empty. Which zones with the new ZEM's are best to plvl with if you had a delvled EPIC mage pet (as in delvled to 10). Let assume I want to get people to at least lvl 40.

In the past Mistmore and HHK would be at the top of the list, now I am not so sure.

Baler
06-14-2020, 04:37 PM
How are you going to use your EPIC at level 10 :)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium#Classic_Environment
Project 1999 team has decided to intentionally make these changes from EverQuest classic era.
It is unclear whether or not all epics on live required a specific level to equip/use, but on Project 1999 all epics require level 46

---
also Orb of Mastery (https://wiki.project1999.com/Orb_of_Mastery) says
Effect: Manifest Elements (Must Equip, Casting Time: 20.0) at Level 50

I never got my mage epic, so idk if the clickie function requires 50.

Evia
06-14-2020, 05:13 PM
yeah I dont think you can memorize the spell for the mage epic? could be wrong but pretty sure its a lvl 46 or 50 spell.

Beldan4
06-14-2020, 05:24 PM
*sigh* do you think I would be asking this question if i wasn't sure i could use my pet?

Now can anyone ANSWER THE QUESTION instead of speculating on why what im attempting won't work?

Baler
06-14-2020, 05:35 PM
*sigh* do you think I would be asking this question if i wasn't sure i could use my pet?

Now can anyone ANSWER THE QUESTION instead of speculating on why what im attempting won't work?

You can use an EPIC mage pet at level 10?

Does nilbog know this?

edit: you're welcome to get mad at us all you want. Something sounds off with this.

Beldan4
06-14-2020, 05:45 PM
OMG YES people know about this! they've know about it for YEARS. If you don't know how it works im not going to share it (go figure it out on your own). Now if you CAN'T ANSWER THE DAM QUESTION stop spaming with useless comments! thank-you!

Freakish
06-14-2020, 05:48 PM
RE: only ONE??
#May 17 2005 at 11:48 AMRating: Decent
Gilliadson
Scholar
76 posts
My Mage got her Epic at 49 and just turned 50 last night... She could not summon the pet till 50... Yes the orb only has 1 charge on it but you can destroy it and summon a fresh one with a full charge on it. The Epic Pet Rocks!!!!!! I tried him out in DS last night and he was just ripping Dragorn commoners a new one. I didn't even have to cast a nuke or a heal. I was grouped with a chanter who 2 boxed a cleric.. 53 and 51 respectively Pet was buffed with temp, haste from chanter and Burneout III from me.. Took out Gutfeaster and he was impressed with Fluffy's performance

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3750

This needs bug reported.

bloodforge
06-15-2020, 12:18 AM
Dreadlands or overthere.

Has a great range of mob lvl variety could stay in one zone and hit 40+

Seen a few people with dragon teeth do it.

Zippit
06-15-2020, 01:43 AM
Kedge - high zem and , well...nobody kills there.

Videri
06-15-2020, 03:56 AM
Hm. http://wiki.project1999.com/Summon_Orb is a level 46 spell. It'll still be in the spellbook, but it shouldn't be possible to memorize it until 46. If it is possible, Quiex, how?

Izmael
06-15-2020, 04:11 AM
I PLd a ton of of people on red with a mage epic.

You cannot summon the epic pet until level 46
This means the PLee (or PLees... group bonus on red made it very worth it to have a bunch of toons grouped) nust be at least level 31 to get exp.

I liked Droga chief area. Slows down significantly when your PLees are in the late 40s.

Then you might want to try CoM but the pet has a much harder time there. Basically you can PL people to 45 easily, then it becomes less and less efficient since pet is 49 and can mow through level 35 ish mobs but will have a much harder time with level 45 mobs.
You can still push to 55ish probably but I'm not sure I'd call this PL. Just tedious leveling.

Layne
06-15-2020, 09:46 AM
Hm. http://wiki.project1999.com/Summon_Orb is a level 46 spell. It'll still be in the spellbook, but it shouldn't be possible to memorize it until 46. If it is possible, Quiex, how?

Corpse a bunch of orbs would be my thought.

Izmael
06-15-2020, 12:27 PM
Corpse a bunch of orbs would be my thought.

You won't be able to click and/or equip the orb until unless you're 46 or higher.

Layne
06-15-2020, 02:14 PM
Well the original poster seems fairly certain that you can.

Wallicker
06-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Bloodgill goblins in Loio would be really good til 50/51, DW goblins in oasis would be good til 48. Highkeep could be pretty good still I’d expect.

Lotxi
06-15-2020, 03:29 PM
You won't be able to click and/or equip the orb until unless you're 46 or higher.

The wiki says you need level 50 to click the orb but I have heard of people using the pet at 46 so safe the say the wiki is likely wrong. Maybe you can click it at level 1.

Sizar
06-15-2020, 05:10 PM
OMG YES people know about this! they've know about it for YEARS. If you don't know how it works im not going to share it (go figure it out on your own). Now if you CAN'T ANSWER THE DAM QUESTION stop spaming with useless comments! thank-you!

Am I the only one thinking "go f yourself OP"? Wow

Baler
06-15-2020, 05:24 PM

https://i.imgur.com/p4MYTBc.gif

Let's get this not classic bug fixed! :D

Evia
06-15-2020, 10:24 PM

Definitely not the only one.

Hoping this bug gets resolved. If rogues, clerics and all other classes cannot use their epic anymore until 46, I don’t think the mage should be exempt from this ruling.

Thanks for bringing this to light OP! You seem like such a nice and entitled individual.
“OMG tell me where to lvl or shut up! I know I can use epic pet!!!”
Classy

ScottBerta
06-15-2020, 11:16 PM
I’d go fuck up Droga. Mad mobs, get Chardok faction and can sell salts and skins for big PP

Or

Crystal Caverns. Start in one tunnel (Geos) clear it, go to Spiders(clear it), go to Terrors clear it and repeat.

Baler
06-16-2020, 03:15 AM
Thanks for bringing this to light OP!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

https://i.imgur.com/X5Ujtw1.gif

Toryas
06-16-2020, 07:43 AM
Bug reported. Stop being such a self centred asshole OP.

Vaarsuvius
06-16-2020, 10:57 AM
How can one have an epic mage, even delevelled, and yet ask us about where to get experience at 40 ? :confused:;)

Veleria
06-16-2020, 11:08 AM
RMT sites don't have levelling guides.

Vaarsuvius
06-16-2020, 12:39 PM
Hehehehe, you read my mind ����

Bardp1999
06-16-2020, 05:51 PM
OP is likely remembering the glory days pre-epic-nerf and it going to be fuming when he delevels can cant use his epic pet

Videri
06-21-2020, 09:20 AM
Let me guess: the mage epic is clickable from inventory.

enjchanter
06-21-2020, 10:44 AM
RMT sites don't have levelling guides.

Sabin76
06-21-2020, 03:52 PM
For those that don't know... the OP was using the de-leveled Epic to power level new players on Red. I missed it, myself, but it seemed like a pretty upstanding thing to do to get more people interested in it.

Also, they apparently got confirmation from a GM that it was all above board.

Bondrake
06-23-2020, 09:03 AM
OPs reality must be so awful to get worked up this much over not receiving helpful power leveling advice in a video game created in 1999. LOL.

Insomnia
06-26-2020, 02:25 PM
I grped with a epic mage on my chanter in HHK, he asked if I wanted the easiest exp session ever. Said sure, told me to afk for as long as I wanted to in the kitchen. AFKed for a day and a half and that fucking pet was still destroying the Nobles. Went from 50-53 with him doing that. Can easily stay on the Nobles and Bards until 55 if you really really wanted to because of the ZEM.

Beldan4
06-28-2020, 02:06 PM
Ok. Fine ill speak on this again. Do you know why there's a level limit on epics? Its the ONE TIME red got to screw blue thanks to certain people not caring not to keep alterations to servers separate. People would epic characters, de-lvl them, go to zones and massacre people with their epic geared twinks.

People quote the Wiki....the wiki that has pictures of the mage epic that are from GATES OF DISCORD. Epic limitations were not part of the game till sometimes in Luclin or planes of power. YES! YOU SHOULD be able to EQUIP AND USE your epic at the lowest level.

Why didn't they change it on the mage? Don't know, don't care, I DO KNOW that THEY KNOW you can do this. I do know that you can click the thing at lvl 4....

Btw I AM ON RED, i asked blue because blue had more people. i had no idea people were gonna scream bloody murder about "exploit". I lvl in virtually empty zones. I'm not stealing anyone's exp or loot.

Arcticflava
06-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Ok. Fine ill speak on this again. Do you know why there's a level limit on epics? Its the ONE TIME red got to screw blue thanks to certain people not caring not to keep alterations to servers separate. People would epic characters, de-lvl them, go to zones and massacre people with their epic geared twinks.

People quote the Wiki....the wiki that has pictures of the mage epic that are from GATES OF DISCORD. Epic limitations were not part of the game till sometimes in Luclin or planes of power. YES! YOU SHOULD be able to EQUIP AND USE your epic at the lowest level.

Why didn't they change it on the mage? Don't know, don't care, I DO KNOW that THEY KNOW you can do this. I do know that you can click the thing at lvl 4....

Btw I AM ON RED, i asked blue because blue had more people. i had no idea people were gonna scream bloody murder about "exploit". I lvl in virtually empty zones. I'm not stealing anyone's exp or loot.

Consider green.

Beldan4
06-28-2020, 06:18 PM
can you kill people on green? if not there's no point. I've tried real progression servers before. It was sickening at raid time as 3 guilds all tried to gank Trakanon all at the same time. I can't do that stuff again.

Bondrake
06-29-2020, 09:05 AM
can you kill people on green? if not there's no point. I've tried real progression servers before. It was sickening at raid time as 3 guilds all tried to gank Trakanon all at the same time. I can't do that stuff again.

No point killing people on Red when nobody plays on Red. Consider Blue.

goldlush
07-04-2020, 07:29 AM
Bug reported. Stop being such a self centred asshole OP.

Your jealousy is disgusting

goldlush
07-04-2020, 07:31 AM
No point killing people on Red when nobody plays on Red. Consider Blue.

Why do you need 1,500 people to "enjoy" yourself

Baler
07-04-2020, 08:29 AM
I oddly like this thread.

I use to duo with an epic mage in DN. was pretty legit. shm+mage combo

Wallicker
07-04-2020, 08:30 AM
The Hole with that Zem

Izmael
07-04-2020, 09:06 AM
I oddly like this thread.

I use to duo with an epic mage in DN. was pretty legit. shm+mage combo

Mage / healer duo is pretty damn fun IMO.

I used to duo the weaker WW dragons with a cleric. Always a close fight (and many losses) but splitting dragon loot 2-ways was so worth it.

Jibartik
07-04-2020, 01:05 PM
Which zones with the new ZEM's are best to plvl with

If you don't know how it works im not going to share it (go figure it out on your own).

I strongly hope nobody helped OP

Jibartik
07-04-2020, 01:08 PM
OP is likely remembering the glory days pre-epic-nerf and it going to be fuming when he delevels can cant use his epic pet

:cool: Im thinking this, what a rube. God I hope he de-leveled to 10 before he tested his "well known" system out. :D

Sabin76
07-04-2020, 08:49 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361722

Seems like a stand-up thing to do in my book...

totmanc
07-05-2020, 05:15 PM
This system does work has worked for ages. Just use the Felwethe instant quest mob to PL via mage.

coo coo cool

Jibartik
07-05-2020, 05:45 PM
I still cant figure this out.

Still dumb to ask for help and say I'm not going to tell you how to do something in the same thread though but this is a red server thing so now I see why :o

totmanc
07-05-2020, 05:54 PM
OP asked a question I had the answer. I play on Blue99

Jibartik
07-05-2020, 06:03 PM
I was responding to sabin with the last half, you do have the answer and I believe you but I still cant figure it out.

Sabin76
07-05-2020, 07:00 PM
I mean, there are many more people playing on blue to answer the OPs question and Red and Blue are the same place, timeline-wise. It's probably that simple.