PDA

View Full Version : Range Attack Hotkey/Macro

dablackgoku1234
06-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Since is there no autofire, I just wanted to ask how rangers are able to do range attacks more efficiently without having to "click" range attack every time.

Oddbaal
06-16-2020, 12:47 AM
Since is there no autofire, I just wanted to ask how rangers are able to do range attacks more efficiently without having to "click" range attack every time.

You can re-assign the hotkeys that ranged attack is on. For instance, bind it to your E key. Alt + O will open up your options menu and you can fiddle from there. Not sure if that’s what you wanted but hope it helps.

Jimjam
06-16-2020, 05:24 AM
I remember having a snes and one of the controllers had a turbo button which when engages would spam a chosen button very quickly. It was handy for doing E Honda’s hundred slaps and similar in street fighter II. Now I don’t think eq natively supports controllers, but perhaps there are gaming keyboards or mice with a similar function? Or maybe an onscreen keyboard or mouse that can perform a turbo mouse?

Would such items be permitted? I know p1999 is big on arbitrary rules.

edmazur
06-16-2020, 12:55 PM
Would such items be permitted? I know p1999 is big on arbitrary rules.

I remember most rangers (myself included) doing this back in the live heyday of EQ/AM3, but I don't think it's allowed on P99 because anything "extra" to interact with the client is disallowed:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

This is not limited to programmable keyboards or other input devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

On P99, in the rare times I do archery (rare mostly because of the lack of auto-attack), I just put ranged attack on my hotbar and keyboard mash whatever number it's on.

Tethler
06-20-2020, 03:54 AM
keyboard mash whatever number it's on.

Philistine
06-20-2020, 11:22 AM
You can re-assign the hotkeys that ranged attack is on. For instance, bind it to your E key. Alt + O will open up your options menu and you can fiddle from there. Not sure if that’s what you wanted but hope it helps.

I think this is a great idea. Maybe bind it to whatever key you use to move backwards, since that's normally the one you're hitting while bow kiting?

Danth
06-22-2020, 01:54 PM
If you have a choice of weapons with similar overall damage output, pick the slower bow so you don't have to mash the attack button as often. That's about the best you can do. In practice it's often the case you won't have much choice since bow itemization is fairly limited.

Danth