PDA

View Full Version : EQ Novice.

Ejen Nailo
06-11-2020, 05:22 AM
Hello EQ Novice here. Though Novice is very much an understatement.
So I got my first Character, Shadow Knight Dark elf and after an hour or so finally figured out where to go to find my trainers then the outside. beating things with a big sword i found. (2h slashing skill it seems) cause shields are pricey.
I was wondering if there are any pointers or advice to be had.

Diogene
06-13-2020, 08:40 PM
Try to make friend with somebody and go from there. Perhaps a cleric, so he can heal and you can tank (thats your role) Beat the shit out of nektulos forest. Loot everything, sell, save yer plats. As a shadowknigt, you’ll get your first spells at level 9, life would be easier from then. Always remember you’re evil, and dont forget to consider every other npc’s (click on npc and type c, it will give you a message, read message carefully) game is best played with people, make your own story, travel, discover and kill. Get levels, get gear, a better sword, a plate armor etc. Have fun

loramin
06-13-2020, 08:43 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

Baler
06-13-2020, 10:45 PM
Explore the knowledge on the wiki. (http://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page)

The first 1-20 levels are hard, EQ in 1999 was a very hard game. BUT! Don't give up, as you progress it becomes more and more rewarding. The more you learn about the world the more your character will grow.

Consider everything since you're an evil race. (right click or left click & c (/consider))
If something says Threatening or Scowls, they are considered KOS, kill on sight. They will attack you.
Red = +3 or more levels higher than you
Yellow = 1-2 levels higher than you
White = same level as you
Blue = a bit lower than you
green = much lower than you

Focus on grinding blue mobs into exp and coin!
Humanoids generally drop coin and sometimes loot.
animals generally drop animal related products.

Don't give up!

dcortez
06-13-2020, 11:08 PM
Save bone chips and sell them for 5p a stack then get to Orc1 and collect belts. You'll have enough plat for spells, banded armor, and a cheap wep before you know it.