PDA

View Full Version : Invigorate BP Healing 63?!

Trivonus
06-10-2020, 03:31 AM
Spent about a month's time in game farming $ to finally get a Grand Master's Chest Wraps with Invigorate click. Monk is level 57. I clicked it quite a few times and realized it only healed 63, consistently. This is the biggest letdown for me in EQ history.

How can wiki be so unbelievably incorrect?!?! I don't remember it being so weak on live!

Loadsamoney
06-10-2020, 03:43 AM
Spent about a month's time in game farming $ to finally get a Grand Master's Chest Wraps with Invigorate click. Monk is level 57. I clicked it quite a few times and realized it only healed 63, consistently. This is the biggest letdown for me in EQ history.

How can wiki be so unbelievably incorrect?!?! I don't remember it being so weak on live!

That's still more than a bandage at 210, and faster to boot. And can heal beyond 70%.

Are you sure it's that weak though? The HP/MP numbers between ticks aren't always accurate on your character sheet. I always see it tick and then reroll by a few units.

Trivonus
06-10-2020, 04:00 AM
I am quite sure. The following are my HP ticks while clicking the BP (lvl 57 iksar ticks for 10 while standing).

1642, 1652, 1662, 1725 (63 heal), 1735, 1745, 1755, 1765, 1838 (63 heal+10 hp tick), 1848

I have a fried who has a White Lotus version that healed him for 90 when he was just testing. Is it that White Lotus has a different version? Is the Grandmaster's version bugged? Or, is 57 healing only 63 and 60 heals for 90? lol!?!!?

Trivonus
06-10-2020, 04:09 AM
Okay, I think I figured out what's going on. There's a 10% penalty (for whatever reason) from the raw healing data posted on the website regarding invigorate (the upper amount listed is woefully incorrect). The amount is 71 (L1) to 100 (L30). This amount *.9 (10% penalty) is 63.9 (L1) to 90 (L30). However, the Grand Master's Chest Wraps are healing for 63 (L1 amount rounded down). So, there you have it. A bug, plain and simple.

I'll go post on the bug forums.

Jimjam
06-10-2020, 05:13 AM
Non clerics can only use heals at 90% efficiency. That is not a bug.

To speed up healing, click the item, start bandaging (use the abilities or combat tabs, your hotkeybank nor /doa commands won’t work), switch to the general tab and hit stand. Wait for the spell and bandage to complete then repeat the cycle.

Trivonus
06-10-2020, 05:36 AM
Non clerics can only use heals at 90% efficiency. That is not a bug.

To speed up healing, click the item, start bandaging (use the abilities or combat tabs, your hotkeybank nor /doa commands won’t work), switch to the general tab and hit stand. Wait for the spell and bandage to complete then repeat the cycle.

Jimjam, that is very good advice, and I am doing that! Thank you. I was simply here pointing out the thje item is simply bugged. It's quite possible that it's just a rarely used item as most people who would shell out 15k plat for 3 flawless diamonds would stretch for the white-lotus version (which apparently is not bugged). I do understand that. This post was an effort to uncover (and it did) that there is a bug in the coding for this item; it should heal for 90 if the wearer is level 30 or above, and it heals for 63 regardless of level (as if wearer was level 1). It's just a bug; plain and simple. That's all my point was.

Jimjam
06-10-2020, 05:40 AM
Ah, thanks for clarifying that. Hopefully this clarification will expediate the resolution of the issue :).

Baler
06-10-2020, 06:10 AM
Non clerics can only use heals at 90% efficiency.

This is a timeline thing. What's shown on the wiki is generated from zam, which shows 100% heal value, not 90%. So, saying the wiki is incorrect is,.. incorrect. The spell can heal for that much people just have to be aware of the formula for non-clerics.

I don't think changing the wiki to show the heals at 90% is a good idea. Then people will then think it's 90% of that value. It will create confusion.
That said if someone wanted to add information such a * or () to show what 90% of the value is, that would make it less confusing.

such as Increase Hitpoints by 71 (*63)(L1) to 100 (*90)(L30)
Maybe someone can think of a better way to show it, heh.

Trivonus
06-10-2020, 07:13 AM
This is a timeline thing. What's shown on the wiki is generated from zam, which shows 100% heal value, not 90%. So, saying the wiki is incorrect is,.. incorrect. The spell can heal for that much people just have to be aware of the formula for non-clerics.

I don't think changing the wiki to show the heals at 90% is a good idea. Then people will then think it's 90% of that value. It will create confusion.
That said if someone wanted to add information such a * or () to show what 90% of the value is, that would make it less confusing.

such as Increase Hitpoints by 71 (*63)(L1) to 100 (*90)(L30)
Maybe someone can think of a better way to show it, heh.

Baler, I wasn't aware of that 90% mechanic, and thankfully, that helped me resolve and understand the bug with the item. However, what I was stating was correct (and is still incorrect) on the wiki is.... "Fills your body with life, healing between 82 and 115 damage. " This phrase is right next to the blue-glowing hand at the top of the wiki. The "details" section is correct. Wiki, however, is incorrect at the top. Don't know if I could change myself, but it needs to be corrected. :)

And, I do want to clarify, that this thread is mainly about the bug with the item Grand Master's Chest Wraps whereby it does not account for level for the clicky Invigorate. Pretends wearer is always level 1 regardless of level and never increases the heal past 63. Bug specific to this item.

mycoolrausch
06-10-2020, 07:51 AM
Classic EQ designer explaining the 90% non-cleric heal rate to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

Kirdan
06-11-2020, 01:39 AM
I believe this is a bug, and I've seen it mentioned before - it affects all the invigorate BPs. The cleric healing thing shouldn't be applied to invigorate click heals.

Trivonus
06-12-2020, 12:58 AM
I believe this is a bug, and I've seen it mentioned before - it affects all the invigorate BPs. The cleric healing thing shouldn't be applied to invigorate click heals.

From what I've read of old posts, the 10% healing nerf on non-clerics is classic. That is not bugged. I'll try to be extremely specific on what is bugged.

1) Grand Master Chest Wraps should heal for exactly 63 (71*.9 rounded down) at lvl 1 up to 90 (100*.9 rounded down) at level 30. However, the item heals for 63 regardless of the wearer's level. This is just a simple bug.

2) Wiki incorrectly states in the spell description "Fills your body with life, healing between 82 and 115 damage." right next to the blue glowing hand. This is incorrect information. The spell info listed in the sell information section is correct, and the 10% healing reduction i classic, so the raw numbers are correct.

Jimjam
06-12-2020, 04:24 AM

I had a click bp on a warrior on live and remember a feeling of disappointment that it healed under 100, though maybe I am misremembering that feeling.

Have you evidence items circumvented the non-cleric penalty?

Kirdan
06-12-2020, 11:36 AM
No, I'm not certain about the non-cleric part. Trivonus' explanation for the level-based amount being off makes more sense.

I know that the Thurgadin warrior bp also heals for a low amount, it's probably the same for each invigorate bp.

GinnasP99
06-12-2020, 11:50 AM
I really feel like on live EQ during velious all the bp's healed you for 100

loramin
06-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Baler, I wasn't aware of that 90% mechanic, and thankfully, that helped me resolve and understand the bug with the item. However, what I was stating was correct (and is still incorrect) on the wiki is.... "Fills your body with life, healing between 82 and 115 damage. " This phrase is right next to the blue-glowing hand at the top of the wiki. The "details" section is correct. Wiki, however, is incorrect at the top. Don't know if I could change myself, but it needs to be corrected. :)

And, I do want to clarify, that this thread is mainly about the bug with the item Grand Master's Chest Wraps whereby it does not account for level for the clicky Invigorate. Pretends wearer is always level 1 regardless of level and never increases the heal past 63. Bug specific to this item.

Bugs belong in the bug forum. EDIT: But it sounds like maybe this isn't a bug after all. I realize that you may not have been sure this was a bug when you made this thread, but now that you seem to believe it is ... go start a thread there :). However, you may want to come armed with some classic evidence, otherwise the devs might ask "how do you know it didn't work this way in '99? Maybe Verant made the bug, not us, so it's classic." If you can point to a post from back then that said it heals more, you'll be on more solid ground.

Wiki fixes belong in the wiki, and ANYONE can make them: all you need is a free wiki account which anyone with a forum account can sign up for: https://wiki.project1999.com/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page&type=signup. Just be careful to add any notes in the right place, so you don't confuse anyone (eg. I'd add a note about the 90% bit to the item, not the spell, or if you add it to the spell be sure to preface the note with "if you are a non caster using an item to cast this ...")

DeathsSilkyMist
06-12-2020, 12:01 PM
I really feel like on live EQ during velious all the bp's healed you for 100

I remember the BP's healing for 100 as well on live. However, my oldest memory of using the Thurgadin clicky BP on my warrior was in the Luclin or PoP era, so I cannot guarantee this was true in Velious.

shamonju
06-13-2020, 09:25 AM
i've tried this on multiple characters the thurg bps heal for 63hp. skyshrine heals for 90hp unsure kael but assuming 90 as well.

Trivonus
06-14-2020, 05:56 PM
i've tried this on multiple characters the thurg bps heal for 63hp. skyshrine heals for 90hp unsure kael but assuming 90 as well.

This is note classic. Real problem.

busted
06-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Had a bard on EQ live wayyyy back in the day.

I can confirm the singing steel BP invigorate effect healed for 100 every 6 seconds. This let me "bard tank" from 45 to lower 50s

Here is quote from 2002 on the matter https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2058#m103522476784963

Healing %s had no effect on items in classic EQ

Edit: It was either 90hp heal or 100hp heal. I honestly can't remember which. 100% sure it was not 63hp heal.

Snaggles
06-20-2020, 01:03 AM
It was either 90hp heal or 100hp heal. I honestly can't remember which. 100% sure it was not 63hp heal.

Rogue and SK with SS bp’s on live too. I’ll match your 100% in agreement.
I don’t remember everything from 20 years ago but a lot of this game has stuck. 63hps would be hard to forget...

Neno
06-20-2020, 02:43 PM
Invigorate should be healing for 90 during this period.

From the Mrylokar's BP comments at https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2055&p=2#comments

Dec 9 2000

Invigorate is a 90 point heal.

Jan 28 2002

It's a 90 point heal. Cast time is 8 seconds.

Oct 6 2002

With the recent patch and the removal of the 10 percent penalty, the invigorage BPs now heal for the full 100 HP.

From the Grand Master's Chest Wraps comments at https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5028&p=2#comments

Feb 14 2002

My level 52 monk has the Eroded Leather Tunic, so far two Flawless Diamonds, and I have completed the quest for and am wearing the slippers, so my faction is right to complete this any time I get the third Flawless Diamond. My rogue is level 56 and has the Mrylokers BP with clickable invigorate, but that only gives him a 90 HP heal. I think they will be the same effect and will confirm when the monk gets his.

So it appears it was 90 up until some patch during mid to late 2002 when the 10% healing penalty was lifted from items.

Jimjam
06-20-2020, 05:07 PM
You should repost that in the bug forums. Looks conclusive.