PDA

View Full Version : Necro charm

Darkyle
06-07-2020, 08:00 AM
What gives with necro charming? Should I be stacking -cha or is that a myth? I'm finding that even with the new level 34 charm I'm still having consistent charm resists and if it does land it will usually break exceptionally fast.

Keeping things rooted is proving to not be an option for breaks either as that usually wears off within 1 or 2 rounds of combat.

DMN
06-07-2020, 01:25 PM
What gives with necro charming? Should I be stacking -cha or is that a myth? I'm finding that even with the new level 34 charm I'm still having consistent charm resists and if it does land it will usually break exceptionally fast.

Keeping things rooted is proving to not be an option for breaks either as that usually wears off within 1 or 2 rounds of combat.

Most likely charming stuff that's too high of level. Until you are well into your 40s you might want to stick to charming stuff that's just a couple levels from being green to you. You should generally not be using your new charms until you have to. Your old charm should charm up t level 32, and you certainnly should not be tring oto charm level 33+ mobs at level 34.

+ or - cha does nothing for necro charm.(+cha will improve lull tho).

Machone
06-07-2020, 01:59 PM
DMN hit it on the head. Dark blue mobs should be your target for charming. Some will under con, but not much at those lvls. At your lvl I believe i was doing unrest basement and soon you can do Kaesora (which kills ur faction in OT so get your 50+ spells and bank them depending on your race ofcourse) When you get 45+, then you will have to figure out which mobs are higher level, which mobs you charm etc. Once I got my first charm spell, I never looked back. Only two lvls where i fear kited some seafuries, for old time sakes, and now im 51. At this lvl I will be doing Lguk, HS, KC and CoM (which i can solo the moat by myself which is fun, then im off to 2nd floor and then ramparts way later) First time doing this- shit ton of fun. Yes you die, sometimes often- oh well thats EQ baby! Dont give up undead charming is fun. Enchanter with FD lol. Just incase for CC remember to use Screaming terror when pet brks then remez, mob you are fighting stays rooted at all times. And always have your rune up just incase pet breaks. I have an 8 slot bag full of reagants for runes at all times. GL! Depleted is my name ingmae if you have more questions send me a tell

Darkyle
06-07-2020, 03:55 PM
Cool thanks for the pointers both, I was charming those sythrakk guys in field of bone which are according to wiki 26-29 so figured I shouldn't be failing charm too hard with the 34 spell. I guess I'll just stick to root rotting them and head to kaesora in the late 30s

Lurgort/Sseri
06-07-2020, 04:01 PM
This recording of me from a day ago shows charm gets significantly better the higher level you are:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xug2n0SlYSa1cSSdZkda6rhPtjfG7TK2?usp=sharing , this is west wing - at 60 I was able to charm the HS West boss mob and have him wreak havoc until low, break with CoS, and tap for the South key.

Machone
06-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Cool thanks for the pointers both, I was charming those sythrakk guys in field of bone which are according to wiki 26-29 so figured I shouldn't be failing charm too hard with the 34 spell. I guess I'll just stick to root rotting them and head to kaesora in the late 30s

Those happen to fall under the rare category of under cons pre lvl 45. Nasty skellies. I was doing those while doing kaesora towers. Whenever i got bored I would switch back and forth. I suggest unrest basement for the zem and fun of breaking camp with undead and non undead mix mobs.

At your lvl you can do Tower of Frozen too. Forgot about that. First floor only
Oh! And once you get to Kaesora and lvl. Dont forget to kill Xalgoz for your howling stone key. 53+ necro heaven Ive heard.