PDA

View Full Version : Bard Classic Speed Leveling Guide

ChooChoo Train
06-01-2020, 07:09 PM
ChoooChooo’s Classic Bard Speed Leveling Guide

Warning: After this post it might not be as fast LOL

Level 1-10: Head to Qeynos with 50 platinum if you don’t have beg for 10pp 5x. Use this platinum and buy 8 backpacks, fill them with Water flasks from #22 on wiki then hand 4 at a time(singles) as fast as you can from 6am-8pm game time to guard Lasen(you will be KoS to nighttime corrupt guards now. You can watch Netflix or whatever during the down cycle of night. This entire process shouldn’t take more than 2-3hrs.

Level 10-18 Head to Faydwer and get a bind in Gfay at the BB zoneline(if you are good enough to not need a bind you don’t need this guide). Head to Unrest. You will swarm kite in unrest yard until 18. Best to pull ONLY beetles at first until you get hang of it as they can be kited right at entrance due to being slow, also they do not aggro people doing nothing which is great bc you won’t train anyone rookies. Once you get the hang of things you can move to the yard and pull 15-20 at a time. Best spots to kite are by the tree in front of gazebo(careful of the ghoul by other tree he wanders south along water sometimes). And also the NW corner(highest density of spawns and therefore xp) especially if there is groups and you are competing for FTEs. Loot mushrooms and zombie skins they stack and sell for several gold per. Easy level every 30-45mins

Level 18-21/22 Head to EK here you can kill the 10 gnolls at the spires(6:40 respawn) if camp unavailable you can also do gorge hounds by beholders. Or you can Ball out and do both. Easy levels every 45-1hr.

Level 21-36 Oot Sister island there is 6 named woodelves and 3 dwarves all on 6:40(amazing loot if you get the two long sword mobs). Avoid Fearndon and both merchants. Easy levels avg 1.5hr

36-50 charm killing the BB docks is SUPER xp You can do the 2 6:40 spawn dorfs by the fish poles, happ + the Paladin through the north wall(/pet attack Dru) to pet pull him, they are both on 6:40 timer. There is a half elf in a building on a 6:40 timer. Another bard a few lvls lower But gives EXp til like 45. Then the other four dwarfs and a highelf merchant to sell to 5 feet away this camp is super good until 48/49

Early 30s to low 40s CT alligators charm killing is great xp solo.
Early 30s - 50 you can swarm Oggok/Freeport guards or charm kill.
44-50 you can solo bards/isa in highkeep with snare kite and dots great exp
Charm killing specs in Oot or Oasis is great xp and plat you can clear entire camp solo before repops on both from 34-49
The Deepwater goblins in oasis are great xp to solo probably wanna be 42+ for these as they cast and will take some skillful charm killing
39+ you can solo charm kill the kobolds in SolB, just remember if it has Solusek in its name there is a high probability you cannot charm it so dispose of it with fear dots snare and charming another pet. Royals are soloable at 49+ even on a full pop with priest up you can split and kill with charm and fear.
46+ you can swarm kelethin guards and BB guards (minus the gate guards and 2 guarding docks HiGH MR/same with lift guards in kelethin)
46+ you can kill usually 9-10 Kaladim guards before repops by snare/fear kiting them underwater in the pond by the temple to avoid social aggro of pathers.
46+ you can snare/fear juggle 8 felwithe guards before repops AND have time to sneak sell 22-54pp per kill. I farm this spot and make about 500pp raw plat per hour(solid for a bard)
48+ you can swarm SolB LDCs, lava beetles and Bats if you have big testicles.

This isn’t all the stuff if you need suggestions for other places during certain level ranges PM me. Also I have OBS videos of most the feats listed if you wanna see how something is done. Basically once you get mana free charm the leveling experience has many opportunities.

Ashenden
06-02-2020, 01:23 AM
"Kill in Unrest, OOT sisters, CT crocs, Oggok guards"

Shit the secret is out.

Edit: Aw f ruined my 123 postcount leaving RNF.

ChooChoo Train
06-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Well to be fair if unrest is camped you could do orc camps in Lfay or oasis orc alley Til 18

there is also a 4 spawn in Lfay just like sisters with no loot that’s 4 mobs on a 6:40 timer still really good so til 36

You can solo barroom in SolA or Highkeep 4th or the “gargoyle circuit” in MM instead of CT crocs. Also the NK guards are good there is 5 at bridge and tower on 6:40 timer.

I mostly see complaints of bards having struggles 45+ and left quite a few suggestions for those level ranges. What may seem like common sense to you isn’t to a lot of people - I know I didn’t know about all these spots a couple of months ago, until others passed the info on to me.

Baler
06-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Should make a guide on the wiki ! :)

leFuZz
06-02-2020, 01:47 PM
Is there any fear of ruining faction with dwarves or high elves? Is there ever a time you need them?

ChooChoo Train
06-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Never bards need faction with no city, with illusion masks, +600 faction boost song(2x as strong as ench best spell) and you get invis and sneak(makes you indifferent to any mob). There is legit no reason to not slaughter anyone who looks at you wrong. Best is to go Rallos Zek bard and just role with it.

CougarLovin
06-04-2020, 07:31 PM
23-30: 8 wood elves at location 10 in Lesser Faydark, all lvl 25 on a 6:40 timer. You will have to get creative with your pull to get the ones inside the inn but it is doable. Zero loot though.

loramin
06-04-2020, 07:39 PM
Should make a guide on the wiki ! :)

ChooChoo Train
06-04-2020, 08:32 PM
23-30: 8 wood elves at location 10 in Lesser Faydark, all lvl 25 on a 6:40 timer. You will have to get creative with your pull to get the ones inside the inn but it is doable. Zero loot though.

Thought there was only 4. Good to know.

CougarLovin
06-04-2020, 10:02 PM
30-35: WK/NK Guards, pick a tower and charm the two to death. Depending on the tower they will always drop a FS Short Sword + Kite shield, 7pp-ish in loot plus cash.

Fuck faction get levels.

ToastedBagel
07-19-2020, 11:23 AM
What does "Head to Qeynos with 50 platinum if you don’t have beg for 10pp 5x. Use this platinum and buy 8 backpacks, fill them with Water flasks from #22 on wiki then hand 4 at a time(singles) as fast as you can from 6am-8pm game time to guard Lasen" mean?

I looked up the guard name and couldn't figure it out.

Adron
07-20-2020, 12:53 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Quench_Lasen%27s_Thirst

peterpal
07-20-2020, 12:33 PM
What con level do you want to keep your train? I've seen people mention everything from green to red.

Zipity
07-20-2020, 07:02 PM
Blue to 4 levels higher(anything more than 4 levels you will be resisted too much)

ldgo86
08-04-2020, 09:03 PM
I did the 1-10 water quest just to see how it would turn out. A couple things Ill add.

Restock water flasks from the lady near North Qeynos gate, not #22 on map. There are 2 corrupt guards that block your way during the day.

Make sure to hail lock Lasen by hailing between every turn in.

2-3 hours seems a bit too optimistic. This took me 4.5 hours, but also I guess I had never done this before so I had a bit of a learning curve. I lost Lasen a couple times when restocking.

Buy instruments and songs beforehand and put points in instrument skills as you level up so you can skill up during the night.

I now have a great EC mule :)

Tann
08-07-2020, 09:18 AM
never been a fan of aoe kiting, i made it work but lag always worked against me. charming however has always been fast.

made 35-40 in a couple days of casual play in Iceclad, charm A /pet attack B repeat till one is dead, charm rot the other if its too low or get another mob. nonstop exp

pivo
08-17-2020, 04:13 PM
I did the 1-10 water quest just to see how it would turn out. A couple things Ill add.
Make sure to hail lock Lasen by hailing between every turn in.

2-3 hours seems a bit too optimistic. This took me 4.5 hours
... lost Lasen a couple times when restocking.

I tried on Barb Shaman today. Guard only come by twice (to that water fountain that is marked as spawn point on Wiki)

First time he left before I could start turn in.
At around 2pm he come by again, I managed to only turn in 1 stack of water flasks and he was going again.

How did you manage to keep him in place? Or did you chase him all over the place? I tried but lost him anyway. I have 8 backpacks full of water flasks, but I have hard time to turn them in lol

Zipity
08-17-2020, 05:43 PM
I tried on Barb Shaman today. Guard only come by twice (to that water fountain that is marked as spawn point on Wiki)

First time he left before I could start turn in.
At around 2pm he come by again, I managed to only turn in 1 stack of water flasks and he was going again.

How did you manage to keep him in place? Or did you chase him all over the place? I tried but lost him anyway. I have 8 backpacks full of water flasks, but I have hard time to turn them in lol

Try hailing the NPC after each turnin to lock him in place.

pivo
08-17-2020, 08:57 PM
Try hailing the NPC after each turnin to lock him in place.

Will do, didn't know about this trick, thanks again!

Tuljin
08-18-2020, 10:45 AM
"Kill in Unrest, OOT sisters, CT crocs, Oggok guards"

Shit the secret is out.

lollllll

Lutomorf
10-30-2020, 12:08 PM
Just wanted to say this was greatly needed information for Classic! Thank you!

Aegwedar
12-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the great info!

The alternative options listed in this thread have been helpful for finding camps outside of the usual spots everyone camps (OOT , Unrest, EK, BB Docks).

Zipity
12-25-2020, 10:40 PM
With Kunark out now there are many many more swarming options

Tewaz
02-04-2021, 06:53 PM
I just tried the water quest on green and didn't see my exp bar move at level 4 with 2 stacks turned in.

xolithe
03-17-2021, 06:01 AM
What is OBS?

xolithe
03-22-2021, 03:47 PM
ChoooChooo’s Classic Bard Speed Leveling Guide

Level 18-21/22 Head to EK here you can kill the 10 gnolls at the spires(6:40 respawn) if camp unavailable you can also do gorge hounds by beholders. Or you can Ball out and do both. Easy levels every 45-1hr.

What spires? I see some Gnolls here by the end to Highpass but there does not seem to be 10 of them. Am I in the wrong area?

xolithe
03-22-2021, 08:48 PM
Ahhh nevermind, I found it finally :)

Videri
03-22-2021, 10:05 PM
What spires? I see some Gnolls here by the end to Highpass but there does not seem to be 10 of them. Am I in the wrong area?

In the southwestern corner of EK is a stone monument that I think is the spire he's referring to.

Baler
03-22-2021, 10:17 PM
number 7 on the map, on the wiki
https://wiki.project1999.com/Eastern_Plains_of_Karana

It's a legit spot, lower level gnolls during the day, slightly higher level gnolls at night.