PDA

View Full Version : Computer Bluetooth Headphones

FatMice
05-27-2020, 06:14 PM
Hi all,

Any anyone recommend a good bluetooth (usb connection req'd) wireless headset for the PC? Ideally it would operate as a pair of Airpods not an over the head style.

Requirements:
Small Earbuds (think Apple Airpods)
Bluetooth Via UBS Connection
Microphone
Rechargeable
Base?
Case?

galach
05-27-2020, 06:31 PM
Artic pro wireless. Worth the $300+ pricetag. Comes with 2x batteries and 1 can be charged in the station. Range is a good 2x bluetooth runs on 2.4g or bluetooth. Sound is amazing

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-pro-wireless

FatMice
05-27-2020, 08:24 PM
Artic pro wireless. Worth the $300+ pricetag. Comes with 2x batteries and 1 can be charged in the station. Range is a good 2x bluetooth runs on 2.4g or bluetooth. Sound is amazing

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-pro-wireless

but what about the over-the-ear design.
does it get too hot? I have B&O Bioplay H9i's and after an hour of wearing them my ears get too warm. I originally bought those specifically for the winter commute.

Bigsham
05-27-2020, 09:00 PM
Anyone who spends $300 on a pair of gaming headphones has no money in the bank

FatMice
05-28-2020, 12:35 PM
Still looking for some suggestions. Any recommendations are appreciative.

Snortles Chortles
05-28-2020, 12:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ftIabiR.jpg

loramin
05-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Still looking for some suggestions. Any recommendations are appreciative.

Going in the complete opposite direction of Galach, I got a gift of <$50 over-the-ear Trekz Titanium headphones from Aftershokz. I'm sure the sound quality isn't as good, but it's good enough for me to listen to music and not notice any issues (YMMV).

I have used them with the computer, but mainly I use them when running, cooking, etc. Even so, I can have them on without issue while running in the heat, or cooking for hours in a hot kitchen, so I imagine they'd be comfortable for extended computer use.

My point is not that you should go out and buy these specific headphones though (as they're over-the-ear): it's more that if you're not especially particular about your sound quality, any pair of reasonably priced Bluetooth headphones on Amazon with decent reviews will probably work great for you ... and save you $250.

(Always use fake spot to check for fake reviews though!)

FatMice
05-28-2020, 01:07 PM
Loramin, those are closer to what I am looking for. The price isn't a big deal to me, the function, music quality, battery life etc. Looking for a good product.

Snortles while I appreciate you dropping a selfie into this form, you should probably go to a doctor. It looks like the left side of your face is drooping from the many strokes you've had.

solleks
05-28-2020, 01:14 PM
Is bluetooth like a cancer injection technology or something

loramin
05-28-2020, 01:24 PM
Is bluetooth like a cancer injection technology or something

Could be: we actually don't have enough long term studies to know. But to the best of our knowledge currently it's safe.

galach
but what about the over-the-ear design.
does it get too hot? I have B&O Bioplay H9i's and after an hour of wearing them my ears get too warm. I originally bought those specifically for the winter commute.

Really comfortable. It's high end leather that doesn't shed if you wear them to workout. I have had probably 12 different headsets in the prior 5-6 years. Nothing beats the arctic pro wireless in sound, durability and battery.

galach
Anyone who spends $300 on a pair of gaming headphones has no money in the bank

:eek:

Sibelia1
05-28-2020, 02:03 PM
Could be: we actually don't have enough long term studies to know. But to the best of our knowledge currently it's safe.

ah shaddup we know enuf to know its alright okay

solleks
05-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Im suspect

loramin
05-28-2020, 02:35 PM
ah shaddup we know enuf to know its alright okay

I mean ... not really. And I say that as a big believer in trusting science and not ignorant fear mongering. I'm no scientist myself, but I did spend four years at a precision medicine start-up and learned a lot from my biology PhD co-workers about medical research.

There have been countless times throughout history where we knew X for certain, and we knew Y for certain, but we didn't think about detail Z that comes up when X and Y are combined. We know a lot about a lot of the tech involved in Bluetooth ... but we don't know for certain that there are no ill effects heavily using this specific radio frequency directly on your brain box for hours at a time over the course of years.

That's not saying Bluetooth isn't safe! It just means there's a non-negligible chance it isn't, and we don't know for sure.

I should also note there could be a "too much horse shit" angle here: before cars city planners were (seriously) worried that too much horse shit was going to start overflowing major cities.
In retrospect automobiles made that a joke of a concern, and in the same way if we cure cancer, or even just get a lot better at treating it (eg. with precision medicine) none of this will matter.

But if you plan to wear Bluetooth headphones a lot and don't want to take even a small chance of an increased rate of cancer (that might someday be curable) ... don't wear them.

Snortles Chortles
05-28-2020, 02:43 PM
i bet you feel pretty silly right now

loramin
05-28-2020, 02:53 PM
i bet you feel pretty silly right now

Because I posted five paragraphs about Bluetooth safety in an elf sim off topic forum?

I mean ... I guess, a little ... but not really any more than I do for any post I make in an elf sim forum :)

Snortles Chortles
05-28-2020, 03:15 PM
feeling pretty silly right now ConfirMeD

sip

Izmael
05-28-2020, 04:19 PM
Been using Jabra bluetooth headphones for about a year and they are pretty amazing considering the $100 ish price tag. Very light (it matters to me) and great battery life.

If Bose's Quietcomfort 15 were bluetooth I'd totally go that route though. Owned a pair for years and they are all but amazing (but no wireless nor microphone and take a 1.5 volt battery but they are so worth it).