PDA

View Full Version : intro to Necro Charm 101

Snortles Chortles
05-24-2020, 08:11 PM
anyone got the quick rundown for me pls, approaching 34

Vexenu
05-24-2020, 09:23 PM
Charm a pet, send it at enemy mob, root enemy mob and make sure it stays rooted. Stay at the max possible range you can while they are fighting. When your pet gets low (and ideally the enemy mob will be similarly low if they are the same type of mob), break charm and finish your pet with a lifetap. Then finish the enemy mob with another tap or a DoT depending on its health. If your pet breaks early cast screaming terror on it then re-charm. If pet and root on the enemy mob break at the same time you can recover if you're fast with a root and a ST, otherwise just FD immediately and reset.

If you're on Green with crap gear and no CoS it might not even be worth charming at 34. It gets much better at 49 with Paralyzing Earth root, which lasts 3 minutes, and the deeper mana pool. You are probably better off fear-kiting Halfling guards or root-rotting HHK guards at 34.

Snortles Chortles
05-25-2020, 11:21 AM
doh was hoping i could charm specs
tyty

Philistine
05-30-2020, 10:33 PM
The specs vary pretty widely in level it seems like. I've tried in the low 40s and, granted I'm VERY new to charming, but it seems like they rarely end up at the same HP. Could be me though :-/