PDA

View Full Version : 40s Monk Gear Question

Fireblade7
05-24-2020, 07:36 PM
Hey,

I’ve read a lot of threads on here but wanted some perspective. (My gear is in my magelo sig below)

I have 3kish saved up atm. What is my next purchase (trying to earn pp as I level)

Ideas are:

Tink bag
Jboots
Velious bracer (for summoning throwing wpns)
Adamantine club / sos
T staff
Fungi

I’m obviously very far away from the last 2 but wondering if I should just skip the others (they’re just qol items honestly and Some extra wpns) and just save and save and save for a fungi.

Please help me decide.

Pint
05-24-2020, 11:04 PM
definitely jboots

Jimjam
05-25-2020, 04:10 AM
Aren’t tink bags pretty stable and liquid, so really they’ll just help you make money faster with no risk to your investment?

I say focus on xp to 46. Get sky rot belt and a couple of friends to smash out most of the epic. You can probably get gwann by piggybacking as a guest on sky raids. You may be able to form a crew for your bro robe by asking nicely on forum. / all skyfire and ask around if they are working the drake cycle (enchanters likely to leave immortals to rot). Kc pipe you can get on xp highway... for me chardok was most time consuming part.

A lot of people on the server are experienced at the final fight, ask around for help on that. It doesn’t take a huge or particularly well equipped force.

jolanar
05-25-2020, 07:16 AM
+1 for Tinkerers bags. They are one of the few investments in this game that actually increase your plat income. Money is super easy to make on a monk once you get an inventory full of them. Buy them straight from the vendor with 105 charisma and sneak for about 5084.

Best part is, if you "need cash now" you can pop on your Charisma gear and sell them to a vendor for a loss of only about 100p.

Croco
05-25-2020, 07:36 AM
jboots for sure, getting everywhere faster is going to save you a lot of time and time is money

Fireblade7
05-25-2020, 11:29 AM
K, thanks guys. When I have the money, I think I’m going to get jboots, level to 46 and start working on my epic. (I’ll keep saving and get a tink bag next whenever that happens)

I appreciate all your thoughts!

unleashedd
05-26-2020, 03:55 AM
if u solo a lot, jboots seem like the best choice. if u mainly group, id go tink bag for loot capacity to later fund those jboots

ChooChoo Train
05-28-2020, 07:40 AM
Tink bags til you have enough to buy Fungi. Fungi on a monk is super super OP and Jboots MQ will just set you back in the amount of time it takes you to get one.

DeathsSilkyMist
05-28-2020, 12:57 PM
I agree with the Tink Bag sentiment. Monks have FD, so the run speed isn't as necessary for survival. Monks are not kiters, so the run speed isn't useful for that, either.

Jboots will just help you run from one place to another, but you will probably get a SoW any time you get a port. Also, Jboots aren't usable indoors, if you are playing in a dungeon.

Tink bags allow you to loot more, and thus increase pp faster. If you farm Misty thicket guards, for example, you can get 500pp an hour without killing Budo and Drebo (Budo is like level 39, so he can be tough). Every 10 hours = 1 tink bag. After 100 hours, sell the Tink bags for a Fungi.

Since you are a monk, you can sneak sell the spears to the halflings.

Fireblade7
05-28-2020, 07:37 PM
Hey all, I appreciate your thoughts. I find myself running a lot without sow, so I did go with jboots. But honestly if you think about doing 5k a tink bag and after 10 bags and 100 hrs (and let’s face it, it costs 5.3kpp per bag for me and fungus are 55k) what’s the hurt of an extra 10 hrs.

That statement actually made me feel better about choosing the jboots first. But really thank you all for you comments!

(Side note, I never had jboots in classic and this was one of my bucket list items to get)

DeathsSilkyMist
05-28-2020, 07:49 PM
That is a good point, JBoots is basically only one extra Tink Bag. Glad to hear you got the answer you were looking for!

unleashedd
05-29-2020, 02:27 AM
that 500pp per hour in misty seems optimistic. at least if you still get exp from guards. Ella's DS and other buffs (who knows what she casts on them) make the gate guards much tougher. but those tink bags would make plat generation much easier

DeathsSilkyMist
05-29-2020, 11:41 AM
It is not opimistic, you just need to be able to sell to halfling merchants or runneye merchants.

Killing 5 guards is 50pp + change every 6 minutes. 50 x 10 = 500pp, 6 x 10 = 60 minutes. If you kill Budo and Drebo, that is 70pp every 6 minutes. Yes, you do need to spend some time selling, so you could say it is 450pp per hour if it takes 6 minutes to sell. But the change adds up. Each spear sells for 10pp, and the change can be 5gp or above, so if you sell 50 spears, you get 25 extra pp. On top of that, when you loot the corpse you get about 1pp per loot. So even with that loss of 6 minutes, you are still around 500pp.

Fireblade7
05-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Funny story, I thought it wasn’t even possible as I was selling to the greedy merchant without knowing it, thinking to myself, damn, he’s killing 10 guards every 6 mins? Lol