PDA

View Full Version : High end bard belt (BCG or Turtle belt)?

remen
05-23-2020, 05:35 PM
Given the choice between these two belts, since they are about the same price, which would you get for your bard. This would be for situations that resists aren't a factor

http://wiki.project1999.com/Belt_of_the_Great_Turtle

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bone-Clasped_Girdle

Obviously the BCG has better stats overall with more HP & Stamina, but only a little less dex and str. I guess what I am wondering is how much does AoB make up for the lesser stats? Does +10 attack do anything noticeable for a bard in a situation where he is doing melee damage?

ChooChoo Train
05-24-2020, 08:38 AM
BCG adds 103hp at lvl 60. It is the better choice and it’s not really all that close, especially if you don’t have an epic.

remen
05-25-2020, 04:24 AM
BCG adds 103hp at lvl 60. It is the better choice and it’s not really all that close, especially if you don’t have an epic.

I do have epic, why would that matter?

jolanar
05-25-2020, 07:18 AM

Presumably because if you don't have your epic, you'd probably have instruments equipped and not weapons therefore making attack power moot.

ChooChoo Train
05-26-2020, 07:30 AM

If you have epic it could probably be argued either way? Do you have a fungi as well that you use bc that would also make the regen from the AoB void also. Personally I’d probably go with the BCG.

Freakish
05-27-2020, 11:22 AM
Bcg, bard doesn't care about attack.

remen
05-27-2020, 11:03 PM
Presumably because if you don't have your epic, you'd probably have instruments equipped and not weapons therefore making attack power moot.

Ah good point, I do have epic and sometimes have melee groups where I am running +attack songs and trying to proc epic

If you have epic it could probably be argued either way? Do you have a fungi as well that you use bc that would also make the regen from the AoB void also. Personally I’d probably go with the BCG.

I do have a fungi for the occasions I solo mobs that summon / cannot be charmed, good point about the regen. However, in raid situations I am usually using vindi BP for the resists and HP, so the AoB could be useful there.

Bcg, bard doesn't care about attack.

Fair point. Essentially the trade off would be +73hp from the BCG, but I lose 2ac, 3 str, 3 dex, and 10 attack. As I write it out, you guys make good points and the HP gain is big enough to outweigh the stats I lose.

ChooChoo Train
05-28-2020, 07:34 AM
How expensive is the PoG belt? That could be a solid choice as it has nice HP and 3sv all?

remen
05-28-2020, 04:32 PM
How expensive is the PoG belt? That could be a solid choice as it has nice HP and 3sv all?

Do you mean the PoM one? The price in that is inconsistent. I use the Sentry girdle for +5mr for when I need the resists so I'm looking for something to swap in when resists don't matter

DeathsSilkyMist
05-28-2020, 05:49 PM
BCG is probably better, due to the extra HP. Only reason I could see to rocking Turtle Belt is if you need extra HP regen, but you do not want to swap your chest for a Fungi. This situation would arise if you need the 15 all res from Vindi BP, for example.

Belt of Inconsistency is well rounded, however. Much better AC, 3 all res, and only 5 less HP if you are maxed out on STA. Also, only raid belts will offer more than 3 all res, so it is the best well rounded resistance belt you can buy.

If you prefer swapping belts to fit each resistance situation, then BCG is still probably better, unless you need the AC.

remen
05-29-2020, 03:10 AM
BCG is probably better, due to the extra HP. Only reason I could see to rocking Turtle Belt is if you need extra HP regen, but you do not want to swap your chest for a Fungi. This situation would arise if you need the 15 all res from Vindi BP, for example.

Belt of Inconsistency is well rounded, however. Much better AC, 3 all res, and only 5 less HP if you are maxed out on STA. Also, only raid belts will offer more than 3 all res, so it is the best well rounded resistance belt you can buy.

If you prefer swapping belts to fit each resistance situation, then BCG is still probably better, unless you need the AC.

There are situations where I do need and use vindi BP, so pairing it with turtle belt could make sense in those. I'm not maxed on sta, so the BCG is gonna give more that just 5hp over POM belt, and the other stats on POM are not good, outside of AC. If I was only allowed to have 1 belt, I would use it for the mixture of decent stats, but I'd rather switch between better ones depending on the situation. Also, if I do upgrade to a raid level belt, it's nice to be able to sell BCG or turtle as opposed to POM.

DeathsSilkyMist
05-29-2020, 11:36 AM
Totally agree with you there. PoM belt cannot be resold.