PDA

View Full Version : key binds

Jukken
05-21-2020, 03:14 PM
How do I bind keyboard keys?

Like I want to press B for /book

loramin
05-21-2020, 03:16 PM
Hit ALT + O (to bring up the options window), then go to the Keys tab.

Dural_Levant
05-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Hit ALT + O (to bring up the options window), then go to the Keys tab.

So I did this the other day, cause I wanted to bind "Forage" to "F", but could not seem do find the "Abilities." I found the "Combat Abilities," but not the non-combat ones like Forage and Bind.

Also is there way, to bind a particular hotkey on a particular hotkey page?

And while I am at it, how come there are only 6 hot keys per page instead of 10?

Kich867
05-22-2020, 01:13 PM
So I did this the other day, cause I wanted to bind "Forage" to "F", but could not seem do find the "Abilities." I found the "Combat Abilities," but not the non-combat ones like Forage and Bind.

And while I am at it, how come there are only 6 hot keys per page instead of 10?

Because Green uses a modified client to simulate the behavior of the original client.

loramin
05-22-2020, 01:52 PM

Yes: open the "Abilities" window (or one of it's related tabs; you can do this with CTRL + A), then click, hold, and drag the button over to your hotbar. You can do this with built-in actions or macros, and macros can call built-in actions using commands (eg. /doability 1 will call your first non-combat ability).

But as Kich867 noted, on Green hotbar keys are at a premium, so this limits your ability to map keyboard keys to actions.

For instance, on Blue it's fairly common to make a sense heading/loc macro, put it on your hotbar (eg. position 10), and then map your "left" key (or some other movement key) to it. This let's you train Sense Heading every time you turn left, and gives you a loc in case you die unexpectedly soon after. But on Green that means only having five other hotbar slots, so it's a less common practice there.

Dural_Levant
05-22-2020, 02:03 PM
will more hotkey buttons per page open up as green progresses through the classic timeline of patches and fixes?

loramin
05-22-2020, 02:13 PM
will more hotkey buttons per page open up as green progresses through the classic timeline of patches and fixes?

Presumably yes, but I don't think that happens until Velious (ie. it's over a year away).

I could be wrong though; http://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline and https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch%20Notes will have more info if you want to look further.