PDA

View Full Version : Sebilis Solo Dungeon Crawl - Melee

Trivonus
05-13-2020, 04:32 AM
Hi all,

I have a challenge for you guys. Please help me theorycraft the absolute min/max class, race and starting stats for the best possible melee that could solo crawl Old Sebilis and take out a named, self-buffed.

Let's assume we don't use any clickies that need to be recharged or pots. Again, purely self buffed (clickies like nalot's that have infinite charges are allowable). (So would avatar weapon procs etc.) Bandages are allowed. Also, let's try to figure a class that could do it safely and consistently (not luck-based). Reason for not allowing clickies like crystallized pumice and wooly spider nets is that I want something that doesn't require a huge amount of effort/money just to maintain.

I'm torn based on either:

Ogre Shadowknight - +20 int - Case here is if you had full lotus gear clickies for nearly max resists and an avatar wep with epic and sword of rile. You could solo pull using darkness and FD, then fight by swapping epic (when proc'd) with sword of rile. Invigorate BP when sitting to heal up.

Iksar Shadowknight - +20 int - Same case as above but +8 standing regen vs stun immunity. Can swap greenmist + epic.

Iksar Monk - +20sta - Case here being that you again have full lotus, +81% haste with epic proc and avatar making you max stat'ed. You can solo pull and just use whatever weapon (Tstaff for example) to zerg them down and combat BW. Can invigorate BP when resting. Downsides are the weight limit (have to destroy platinum to maintain max AC) and no dispel for mobs buffed by other mobs (hasted by Krup Shaman for example).

I didn't include paladin because I don't think relying on calm pulls is going to be very consistent and no FD. I didn't include warrior because of the issue of splitting. Bard is not included due to the named being immune to mez due to level cap. Rogue not being included because I can't see them being better than SK. Ranger not included because of lack of split and FD.

TLDR: Which melee could solo crawl through Old Sebilis (self-buffed/weapon proc buffs only, no rechargable clickies).

Dugface
05-13-2020, 05:18 AM
Monks have a few unlimited dispell clickies.

Trivonus
05-13-2020, 05:21 AM
Which ones? Haven't heard of them. Are they super rare like 1 or 2 per server?

sydbarrett25
05-13-2020, 07:50 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Abashi%60s_Rod_of_Disempowerment

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_Null

Baler
05-13-2020, 09:30 AM
Iksar monk all STA

Ogre/Troll SK Sta/Int , do not go iksar their stats are not great starting out and require raid level twinkage to hit stat caps. Ogre has frontal stun so you'll land 1 or 1 1/2 out of 10 more spells. Troll has racial regen standing, FD and sitting. Ogre is great if you plan to get hit(tanking). Troll is great if you don't plan to get hit(pulling/tagging). Troll will have less downtime however if you get beat up.

I really like SK at the last patch of velious where it's getting geared up to be decent in luclin-pop+ It won't do as much damage as the monk but you get all those bag of tricks in the form of spells. life tap, snare, steal str, etc
If it was any era before the last patch of velious my bet would be on monk all day for which melee oriented class to crawl through seb.

---
paladin just like cleric can calm it's way all the way through but paladin has so memblur which cleric does have.
rogue can sneak through and ranger is more kitted for outdoor play.

Crede
05-13-2020, 10:33 AM
I didn't include paladin because I don't think relying on calm pulls is going to be very consistent and no FD.

Tell that to every enchanter/cleric who crawls through dungeons with just calm.

As I've told you in your other thread, as well as in PMs, Paladin is the way to go here for what you're trying to do as a melee class.

Calm is extremely reliable, and hitting max CHA on a Pally won't be that hard for pulls, glamour sword helps. And plenty of classes who don't have FD have gotten very high on the solo artist list, so that shouldn't be a requirement either.

SKs are relying on shitty, longer casting lifetaps to survive face to face with a mob. The monk that did all those nameds solo had basically end game ToV loot. That is a metric ass ton of dkp that will take a long long time to acquire. Pretty sure he was still using Soulfire clicks occasionally, which now only Pallies have access to.

A Paladin can self heal for a ridiculous amount of hp in Velious, DW helm/DW Bp heal, can calm, root, stuns, LoH, Soulfire, and WC cap if shit hits the fan. Can also 90% rez yourself if all that fails. If that's not survivability, I don't know what is. At this point in the game on Blue timeline & with P99 changes, this is the best melee class for what you're trying to do solo.

Roll Pally, you'll thank me once you hit 45, and especially at 59.

kjs86z
05-13-2020, 10:55 AM
Calm is reliable until it crit resists on a 3 pull and you're now dead in the water (as a pally...guess you could root all and /camp and try again).

This would be about being able to reliably split / pull singles and still have the vitals to actually kill mobs before they're repopping behind you.

Its Iksar Monk and it ain't really close. Still going to be a rough road without clickies, even if you were fully raid geared. You'd definitely want all the PoM flowers too and if you're not looking to put a lot of time / effort into this endeavor...well...good luck.

OP, what you're looking to play is an enchanter...not a melee.

Crede
05-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Calm is reliable until it crit resists on a 3 pull and you're now dead in the water (as a pally...guess you could root all and /camp and try again).

This would be about being able to reliably split / pull singles and still have the vitals to actually kill mobs before they're repopping behind you.

Its Iksar Monk and it ain't really close. Still going to be a rough road without clickies, even if you were fully raid geared. You'd definitely want all the PoM flowers too and if you're not looking to put a lot of time / effort into this endeavor...well...good luck.

OP, what you're looking to play is an enchanter...not a melee.

I stand by my original post, there’s just no way a monk is out lasting a paladin in similar gear if face to face with the mob especially with the Soulfire nerf. Splitting and getting there maybe slightly easier. But calm/root goes a long way. And can always DA yourself to give some breathing room to figure out your next move.

I have a monk and sk as well, both great classes, but pally still wins out for what OP specifically is trying to do here.

Bbeta
05-13-2020, 11:50 AM
Hey, can't give a long response but. This sounds fun and I am willing and able to use my 60 monk to experiment with. If you want to play together/ strat together count me in!!!!

I'd bet plat i could go in deeper and more consistently then any pally, challenge offered

Trivonus
05-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Iksar monk all STA

Ogre/Troll SK Sta/Int , do not go iksar their stats are not great starting out and require raid level twinkage to hit stat caps. Ogre has frontal stun so you'll land 1 or 1 1/2 out of 10 more spells. Troll has racial regen standing, FD and sitting. Ogre is great if you plan to get hit(tanking). Troll is great if you don't plan to get hit(pulling/tagging). Troll will have less downtime however if you get beat up.

I really like SK at the last patch of velious where it's getting geared up to be decent in luclin-pop+ It won't do as much damage as the monk but you get all those bag of tricks in the form of spells. life tap, snare, steal str, etc
If it was any era before the last patch of velious my bet would be on monk all day for which melee oriented class to crawl through seb.

---
paladin just like cleric can calm it's way all the way through but paladin has so memblur which cleric does have.
rogue can sneak through and ranger is more kitted for outdoor play.

I have a 60 enchanter, so I definitely know about calm resists. I think relying on calm with no memblur and root on breaks/camping agro is going to be very difficult. That's not the consistent kind of play I'm talking about. And, that doesn't fun!

I like your post about the class choices here! I don't like that monks have no ability to carry money (and even equipment for that matter) and can't use an unlimited dispel except for maybe that Vulak A'err weapon (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOR ME!!), so I'd really like to try this on a SK if possible.

So, you're saying either Ogre or Troll going either Sta or Int or both. Since you're going to be solo dungeon crawling Sebilis, using the kael bp clicky to heal, I am thinking that the Troll regen would be very minimal on the effect, whereby the ogre stun immunity would allow you to get out of tight situations and increase your dps (no re-casting, which makes you lose swing timers, no stuns, which interrupts swing timers, no stun which lowers your defenses).

I'm still open to ideas thought!

Trivonus
05-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Hey, can't give a long response but. This sounds fun and I am willing and able to use my 60 monk to experiment with. If you want to play together/ strat together count me in!!!!

I'd bet plat i could go in deeper and more consistently then any pally, challenge offered

Heck yea man! I don't really have the character to try to do this myself at the moment, but that is the purpose of this thread, to figure out which one to focus on. I do have an epic 57 iksar monk and a 49 ogre SK, so I'm still debating on what to do (or roll a new char if necessary). HMU in game Alphawolf, Suchwow, Overpowdered.

jolanar
05-14-2020, 08:03 AM
I don't see how the answer is anything but monk but even still not using clickies is a pretty stupid limitation for this challenge.

condap99
05-14-2020, 08:49 AM
My 60 monk can and has done this. I've made it down to disco without issue, or over towards Chef without issue.

The named is going to be the hardest part for any melee, but nobody but a monk even stands a chance due to FD pulling.

Iksar monk near or at BiS is the best bet.

Bbeta
05-14-2020, 09:11 AM
I'm going to crawl to disco Friday night and will live stream it and record it.

I will be using poison and disease cures mid fight but will not be using heal potions. Also I will be killing everything I cannot simply just sneak past. So no FD manipulation to trivialize the crawl to the disco named. Part of this plan will be to split and solo the disco named Ph till he pops.

Can I do it!?? Better tune in to find out.
I plan on starting stream at 10 EST
twitch.tv/bbeta_aalpha

Erati
05-14-2020, 10:35 AM
Almost solod commander other week

man that was a sad CR :(

Bbeta
05-14-2020, 11:02 AM
CR? Did you try on a non FD class?

Bbeta
05-14-2020, 11:03 AM
Can I do it!?? Better tune in to find out.
I plan on starting stream at 10 EST
twitch.tv/bbeta_aalpha
10 PM EST aka 22:00 EST

kjs86z
05-14-2020, 11:36 AM
i bet bbeta can do it - ill be in bed by then but will watch the video later

lol @ anyone thinking the answer isnt monk by a mile

deezy
05-14-2020, 11:37 AM
ranger

Crede
05-14-2020, 02:45 PM
Lol @ the monk tunnel vision in this thread. A bis pally will win out on any named vs a monk if FD isn’t an absolute requirement.

Trexller
05-14-2020, 02:47 PM
well geared monk or SK can do it. Both classes will require great gear.

SK will be slower, but will get you there.

Why not buy things like pumice stones or kilvas skin of flame? They are in the game, for players to use to their advantage. This is their intended use.

You're only less of a solo artist if you have another player buffing you

kjs86z
05-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Lol @ the monk tunnel vision in this thread. A bis pally will win out on any named vs a monk if FD isn’t an absolute requirement.

Would be curious to see a time trial between BiS monk and BiS pally on the same set of clickies.

Pick a named mob. Start at given dungeon's zone-in.

Start stopwatch at first spell / pull (calm / jav), timer stops when named mob is dead.

Obviously this would require said dungeon to be empty. Could be done as a live race too if you had two identical copy servers of blue with the ability to create gear out of thin air.

I just don't see the paladin being able to keep up.

Bbeta
05-14-2020, 03:31 PM
You're only less of a solo artist if you have another player buffing you

You're not a solo artist with other players buffs imo.

Im not trying to discredit previous solo challenges but they all were done with some sort of assistance or another.

Trexller
05-14-2020, 04:00 PM
You're not a solo artist with other players buffs imo.

Im not trying to discredit previous solo challenges but they all were done with some sort of assistance or another.

ok yeah if someones buffing you, you aren't a solo artist, you're being PL'd at lvl 60!

Pint
05-14-2020, 05:26 PM
I've solo'd around seb on my paladin and I'd take the monk

ChooChoo Train
05-14-2020, 06:12 PM
Does bard count as a melee?

zati
05-14-2020, 07:32 PM
depends where you wanna crawl to and camp stuff? melee only huh? Monk or SK with uber gear and clickies can kill fungi king(Ive done on sk) no other melee class can come close. If it's crawling to ABC or Disco or Crypt - add pally and bard as choices. whichever class you pick it won't be easy and requires really good gear esp if it's self-buff only

Atmas
05-14-2020, 10:16 PM
Soloed around Seb plenty on my Paladin, if calm fails you have Root. I have 5500 hpts and 1600 AC self buffed. I have enough mana to heal myself with HoTs for like 12k. That doesn't count include Lay Hands or clickies like Soulfire. Primal and Vulak Axe/Tunare Sword/Great Spear of Dawn do pretty good damage. Sword and Board or swap in epic for bashes + paly stuns make dealing with casters a lot easier than most other melee.

I know I can solo any of the crypt bosses. I can't really recall if I bothered with much of the other stuff, I usually go solo NG or the other bugs as something I can do while I do other stuff in rl between spawns.

I would imagine a SK is very capable as well. A well equipped monk can do pretty well and FD is awesome but at certain point hpt recovery will be much slower for a monk than a paladin. So in a race FD would let you skip a lot of stuff but it depends on the ruleset.

Bbeta
05-15-2020, 08:06 AM
Your Pally is a beast.

I think this "challenge" thread is pretty vague and left to ones own interpretation so saying that. When I do my own form of this challenge, I'll not use FD to get passed any mobs but if I can sneak passed and it wl help save time for efficiency ill try it. Also going to use clickies that are appropriate for the class, bio orb, pre nerf fungus staff, etc. But going to bank all heal potions and replace them with bandages lol.

Feel free to tune into my stream tonight at 10pm est. And join my discord if you guys want to chat about the challenge and spit ball ideas.. ill post a link later.

Again this is very informal and mostly for fun. My purpose for this is not flex but to show its difficulty. Again I'm going from ent to disco boss. This should be fun

Jimjam
05-15-2020, 10:13 AM
This endeavour really warrants it’s own thread closer to the time to ensure people don’t miss out. It sounds like a fun twitch to participate in. My ranger is roughly hot tier gear and even a basic solo encounter in seb is risky to put it mildly. It will be interesting to see what can be done with a better tier of gear/class.

Pint
05-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Soloed around Seb plenty on my Paladin, if calm fails you have Root. I have 5500 hpts and 1600 AC self buffed. I have enough mana to heal myself with HoTs for like 12k. That doesn't count include Lay Hands or clickies like Soulfire. Primal and Vulak Axe/Tunare Sword/Great Spear of Dawn do pretty good damage. Sword and Board or swap in epic for bashes + paly stuns make dealing with casters a lot easier than most other melee.

I know I can solo any of the crypt bosses. I can't really recall if I bothered with much of the other stuff, I usually go solo NG or the other bugs as something I can do while I do other stuff in rl between spawns.

I would imagine a SK is very capable as well. A well equipped monk can do pretty well and FD is awesome but at certain point hpt recovery will be much slower for a monk than a paladin. So in a race FD would let you skip a lot of stuff but it depends on the ruleset.

monks can bw to 70% and mend, i dont think they will have any issues out pacing a paladin. even them regaining hp sitting down is faster then us trying to med back up. also their dps at the top end still trumps avatar and vulak axe in my experience. i think we can kill anything they can kill at this point now that they cant use soulfire, but they are still always going to do it better, especially with worts. in my experience if i really want to kill something i use one of my monks instead of my paladin but my paladin is 300hp and 100ac worse off then yours self buffed. happy to participate in this challenge but no expectation that i could outpace an equally geared monk.

Bbeta
05-15-2020, 01:07 PM
happy to participate in this challenge but no expectation that i could outpace an equally geared monk.

I don't think it's about the pace or approach rather its about the adventure and pushing the envelope for your characters.

For educational purposes, we can compare a velious monk vs kunark monk for the disco crawl.

I will be the first to admit I don't think a Kunark monk or EC monk can complete the crawl.

Monks are going to struggle with out bis. A pally or sk are a lot less dependent on gear. Imo

Pint
05-15-2020, 03:18 PM
I don't think it's about the pace or approach rather its about the adventure and pushing the envelope for your characters.

For educational purposes, we can compare a velious monk vs kunark monk for the disco crawl.

I will be the first to admit I don't think a Kunark monk or EC monk can complete the crawl.

Monks are going to struggle with out bis. A pally or sk are a lot less dependent on gear. Imo

no kunark geared paladin is going to be steadily clearing his way through seb either though. even in velious bis i have to stop and med up.

Atmas
05-15-2020, 10:44 PM
monks can bw to 70% and mend, i dont think they will have any issues out pacing a paladin. even them regaining hp sitting down is faster then us trying to med back up. also their dps at the top end still trumps avatar and vulak axe in my experience. i think we can kill anything they can kill at this point now that they cant use soulfire, but they are still always going to do it better, especially with worts. in my experience if i really want to kill something i use one of my monks instead of my paladin but my paladin is 300hp and 100ac worse off then yours self buffed. happy to participate in this challenge but no expectation that i could outpace an equally geared monk.

Monk dps with equivalent gear will definitely outpace Knight dps.

As far as mana vs hpt regen, it's important to consider that mana turns into x4 hpts.

Clickies also make a big difference, fat stacks of jaspers will give you hpts for days. In generl a lot of cliches make big differences. Eyepatch self haste is nice. A monk with debuff stuff will do better than one without. (A paly has debuff spells). Aalpha's pre-nerf fungi stick is pretty awesome.

I can go pretty far without having to stop and med. I'm not sure if worts should be considered, anyone can use them and the limit is more about financial resources. If you had unlimited wort pots a monk would clear faster because of dps for sure.

Jimjam
05-16-2020, 02:33 AM
How many mana/tick does a geared paladin make? 1 per tick plus narandi crown? A monk makes 25% cheal every 6 mins... assuming some good gear thats like a dozen hp per tick on top of their base regen, race bonus, bandaging and worn regen.

As to worts, maybe allow one dose for every 100pp worth looted to go some way as to balance cost?

Bbeta
05-16-2020, 02:42 AM
freaking named is being a rare jerk. also the ph is ilis, yikes

Jimjam
05-16-2020, 02:56 AM
Oh wow, you're still at it... I thought you'd be began and done while I slept thru the night... this is some good breakfast TV! Goodluck pal!

Bbeta
05-16-2020, 04:16 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622382057 well i did it lol freaking 5 hours and 30 min to spawn that jerk. and he gave me a run for my money

Atmas
05-16-2020, 04:47 AM
How many mana/tick does a geared paladin make? 1 per tick plus narandi crown? A monk makes 25% cheal every 6 mins... assuming some good gear thats like a dozen hp per tick on top of their base regen, race bonus, bandaging and worn regen.

Narandi Crown and CT brain will put me at 23 mana a tick. Ring 10 and Worn Aura of Battle + Casted Aura of Battle (which I have on when I don't have Avatar) is 21 hpts a tick sitting. Could get that to 34 with fungi because of worn regen cap.

So sitting for a minute gets the mana for a HoT and with regen nets over 1k hpts, assuming you aren't recasting non-clickie buffs.

However, with a relatively small amount of cost if you got a lot of bag space you can stock up on jaspers and use the DW BP to get over 1800+ hpts a minute with clicks. Even with standing regen can pull over 2k hpts a minute for a pretty small cost.

shamonju
05-16-2020, 10:00 AM
Trivonus basically depends how much plat you got to spend if going monk route you'd need alot of fancy toys clickies prenerf fungi staff giggles

Bbeta
05-16-2020, 11:09 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622382057?t=05h30m06s Disco named pull / kill

Trivonus basically depends how much plat you got to spend if going monk route you'd need alot of fancy toys clickies prenerf fungi staff giggles

spent very little plat on bbeta. spent many hours on bbeta. Less gear dependent solo melee would be SK for dungeon crawls imo

Pint
05-16-2020, 11:33 AM
Solid alpha, 6 hours of a paladin at disco would be multiple pack resist cr's

Pint
05-16-2020, 11:36 AM
Also not to keep the discussion going opmeter but number theory is fun until you're actually in it. The monk always wins when equally geared. Our paladins can pull it off but they will never do it more efficiently or reliably. The answer to OPs question is monk. Paladin, sk, bard and ranger can all manage it though.

7thGate
05-16-2020, 12:38 PM
I can go pretty far without having to stop and med. I'm not sure if worts should be considered, anyone can use them and the limit is more about financial resources. If you had unlimited wort pots a monk would clear faster because of dps for sure.

Expensive consumables can make things silly. I suspect the fastest possible clear from zoneline to dead named group might actually be a Rogue carrying 100k worth of clickies that just walks there then burns the named and its entire group down with Oil of Fennin Ro while using Nimble and Wort Pots to stay alive.

Crede
05-16-2020, 05:11 PM
Also not to keep the discussion going opmeter but number theory is fun until you're actually in it. The monk always wins when equally geared. Our paladins can pull it off but they will never do it more efficiently or reliably. The answer to OPs question is monk. Paladin, sk, bard and ranger can all manage it though.

Racing to a mob has nothing to do with the pally vs monk argument. It was about being the most badass Melee solo artist and pally with 15k of self healing will win everytime when time isn’t a factor.

Pint
05-16-2020, 06:37 PM
Racing to a mob has nothing to do with the pally vs monk argument. It was about being the most badass Melee solo artist and pally with 15k of self healing will win everytime when time isn’t a factor.

Disagree, ive seen bis monks solo things I know I couldn't finish on my paladin

Snaggles
05-16-2020, 06:39 PM
When did it turn into a speed run challenge? OP mentioned safe, consistent, big target.

My pally gear is garbage for a solo challenge but I wouldn’t have a better shot with equivalent plat into another melee. Lulling is very consistent with over 150cha. Worst case you can haul to the zone with DA and reset before some mobs respawn. Lull past the ones that did.

Top tier pally with FT items and a few backpacks of jaspers and a DW BP could go very far. With enough time and queued up YouTube that is. Then again, speculation as again I don’t have good stuff :).

Crede
05-16-2020, 06:53 PM
Disagree, ive seen bis monks solo things I know I couldn't finish on my paladin

Your paladin isn’t bis.

Show me a bis monk capable of soloing more NamedS than a bis pally. No way that’s happening with mend vs what pallies can self heal for. Especially now in the state of p99 with soulfire. .

Bbeta
05-16-2020, 10:17 PM
Your paladin isn’t bis.

Show me a bis monk capable of soloing more NamedS than a bis pally. No way that’s happening with mend vs what pallies can self heal for. Especially now in the state of p99 with soulfire. .

but getting to said named solo is the problem.

ScottBerta
05-17-2020, 12:38 AM
My money is on Aalpha.. I mean Bbeta.

Atmas
05-17-2020, 10:17 PM
A monk will have an easier time bypassing stuff and getting to different spots much faster.

That other night I went down to where Bbeta was at. Stuff had respawned, I cleared from entrance to about NG just killing everything. I calmed stuff till I got to the disco bugs and golem and killed those for gems. In the past I have frequently cleared by myself to that area. I didn't go past a certain point because I wanted to let Bbeta do his thing.

Sometimes when I clear at groups I will calm and sometimes I will say f-it and just start with a root. My charisma kind of sucks, I sometimes swap things like temporarily bag Brain to raise it. Calm still does pretty ok and there is no reason a Paly couldn't have a Calm set to have it do pretty great. I'm kind of lazy about it and just accept that I might get a crit failure and have to root.

The mobs in seb do progressively hit harder and get more resistant It's kind of interesting with bashes and stuns I sometimes gain a decent amount of hpts fighting the earlier casters due to lifetap procs. Or if I'm feeling particularly un-lazy and a mob doesn't summon I can root it and joust it.

I haven't spent a bunch of time soloing really deep in seb because it does get pretty difficult with the increased chance of resistant adds, but it's also been a long time since I tried. There isn't too much worthwhile middle of the road stuff. It's a lot more chill to solo camps in Chardok like Overseer, KM, and Battle Master.

I'm curious what mob Pint thinks a Paladin couldn't handle that an equally geared monk could. I agree with Aalpha that I think there are several that a Paladin would have a hell of a time getting solo.

Bbeta
05-17-2020, 10:58 PM
Next Friday going to stream. Seb ent to chef and bartender

Atmas
05-18-2020, 01:23 AM
Nice

shamonju
05-18-2020, 05:46 PM
At bbeta, I guess my assumption was. The starter of this thread was planning to make a new character. Asking who could crawl seb in that case none because you wouldn't have the time invested or the plat resources. To get prenerfed clickies these items are extremely expensive. unless you've sunk countless hours in raiding guilds or huge amounts of time in the tunnel flipping items. Not many would be near the level of bbeta without the clickies and gear.

shamonju
05-18-2020, 05:50 PM
but if you had the clickies and time invested monk - sk > pally ranger and only due to monk being better dps , sk cause can still fd ,pally can calm camp, ranger could root melee adds but both pally ranger would struggle and be close calls.

Atmas
05-18-2020, 09:06 PM
This thread got me interested in trying some different things.

I snuck into the CoM temple just to see if I could kill some Black Reavers. Killed/IvUed/Calmed through the upper area to get back to behind the locked door. Cleared the hallway and calmed the room to pull the Black Reaver solo.

As I was killing the 3rd I thought about it and moved to a corner to los the 4th spawn. Healed up with BP but a hallway pather respawned and it agroed with it as it came around the corner. Then other respawns happened during continued fighting. Killed the 5th one and one add and was able to loot a Jade Reaver before I had to hammer out.

I did use Lay Hands just to save some mana for roots and stuff but no consumables, or soulfire clicks used, just a handful of jaspers when I was able to heal around the corner a bit.

Clearmind
05-18-2020, 09:06 PM
With only self buffs I can solo to crypt/emp and kill the PH and then kill emp if he spawns before he buffs/summons a pet. Harder for sure with clicky nerf. Monk is 4k hp 1500 ac 255 mr self buffed. King I would have to get super lucky on quick bio orb pull and stringed pet not breaking with a early slowstone. Very doubtful that would all work out lol..

White_knight
05-18-2020, 10:55 PM
Good thread.

While I tend to agree an equal geared bis monk could have an easier time in Seb than a Paladin....A Paladin would 100% be funner to play...and really at this stage of p99/eq that's all that matters.

There's 5,000 monks for a reason and only 5 paladins. (Paladins are FUN)

Trivonus
05-19-2020, 07:07 AM
So, this whole beautiful thread and nobody commented on the race portion. I can't raid much, so I think the chance of me getting NToV dragon gear or Avatar weps are less than zero. However, I think I could probably get Greenmist + epic. Given that, should I go Ogre SK for max stat potential or should I go Iksar for ultimate end-game strength, even though I"ll never hit it. Not sure. I don't think Troll > Ogre so I didn't mention it.

Bbeta
05-19-2020, 09:04 AM
So, this whole beautiful thread and nobody commented on the race portion. I can't raid much, so I think the chance of me getting NToV dragon gear or Avatar weps are less than zero. However, I think I could probably get Greenmist + epic. Given that, should I go Ogre SK for max stat potential or should I go Iksar for ultimate end-game strength, even though I"ll never hit it. Not sure. I don't think Troll > Ogre so I didn't mention it.

I am a huge fan of regen. Long story short, I played and raided on both human and iksar monks. Both during Kunark, before Over Powered velious gear. And let me tell you the quality of life is fucking huge, with higher regen. Your down time is a huge issue with soloing. Less down time with better regen race.

My human monk, starting stats max str.
My iksar monk, starting stats max sta.
(Both came out of the womb with fungi. Cof. RfS. Etc, please I'm a super nerd and my first tool was a pimp shm)

My thought process for the human monk was to level as fast as possible (with out plvl) and I figured Max str gear and rely less on regen. So kill fast, less down time. So 20-40 she shredded. Soloing was np. After 40 the down time became noticeable also the need for HP rings instead of str jewelry was also needed for efficienc. With the iksar, I felt less of a slow down.

/shrug I'm a huge fan of regen. But again I'm not a good example because both my monks were well off at birth. The iksar was a beast at birth.

Snaggles
05-19-2020, 10:24 AM
If your goals involve flop-crawling arguably regen is very important. Being able to slam though (troll) could save you a ton of hit points with caster trash mobs.

Both the Greenmist and epic are sizable quests (Greenmist is a poop sock but easier). Raiding ntov for a weapon is far quicker and easier unless your guild does the old planes a lot and doesn’t have many sk’s. Or you have a couple hundred thousand plat for MQ’s.

People should play what they want. Thinking race is going to make a significant impact over class, gear, or skill is just silly tho.

Dogma
05-19-2020, 10:37 AM
Thinking race is going to make a significant impact over class, gear, or skill is just silly tho.8 standing regen and the AC bonus from Iksar compared to human is pretty significant.

Snaggles
05-19-2020, 11:19 AM
8 standing regen and the AC bonus from Iksar compared to human is pretty significant.

For the purpose of this thread, in a monk/warrior world it’s still barely significant. It’s just more significant than with any other class combo. Because it’s one of the few advantages a monk can have over another monk. Dps out (same), dps in (slight iksar), passive healing, (iksar).

Remember: 8hps/tick is 1.33 hps per second...in a 1 minute fight that’s 79 whopping hit points over the human. It’s maybe one hit from a frog. The FD regen is by far more noticeable.

A hybrid has dozens of tricks that separate decent and amazing players. The gear isn’t even *as* important as a pure melee since it’s not just rng arithmetic. An amazing monk will finish the npc before it finishes them. A marginal one won’t. It doesn’t matter how quick you smash flying kick.

Dogma
05-19-2020, 11:33 AM
I don't really play monk. I play a warrior.

From vast experience mindlessly slaughtering mobs I can tell you a warrior is better off with fungi tunic than a breastplate of eradication. That's comparing 15 regen for a heap of AC and stats.

Even if you're only ending up with a net difference of 79 hp per fight like you had said, that's a free 79 hp every fight for hours on end if need be.

It's even more significant if you can lower the damage you're taking, through AC mitigation or slowing a mob or popping evasive disc, etc. Regen matters a lot. Especially if you're solo and that's your primary source of healing.

Snaggles
05-19-2020, 11:39 AM
Yea same difference. Fungi's are great, as is racial regen. Comparing it to a higher AC BP, in most situations it's still best in slot.

My point is it wont change what you can do in this edge-case scenario unless the npc incoming dps is significantly dampened by the 1.33 extra hps healing (human vs troll/iksar). We are talking the most razor thin of margins getting hit by high 40's mobs in seb. Not highkeep, sonic bats, or some random trash farm. A single drain soul is 338 hps, mend is a LOT more...both more important than 79 hps.

I wasn't saying racial advantages aren't nice perks. I'm saying a crummy player with crummy gear and regen is still SOL. The regen just give the player less time while FD regenning to realize how bad they are at the game.

Bbeta
05-19-2020, 02:24 PM
while FD regenning to realize how bad they are at the game.

Haha that's good.

Regen per minute is marginal but the regen over hours of playtime are significant.

Its like the argument that regrowth is the best heal in the game. Obviously CH in the moment is king but the long haul, regrowth is a champion

PS. The regrowth comments are kinda special but /shrug that 15 regen a tick for the duration of the buff is a lot of healing.

Trivonus
05-19-2020, 05:07 PM
I was specifically talking about Shadowknights though not monks. I definitely agree that Iksar monk is the way to go. SKs are more murky.

As stated previously, Ogres have MUCH better stats and stun immunity. That means less stuns received meaning higher dps and more dmg mitigation (can't parry, dodge, etc in stun). However, they have no regen.

Iksars have MUCH lower stats. W/o access to NToV and Avatar weps (my case), I can't see me ever even getting 200 str barely even with the best twink gear. Even if I did, an Ogre could have 5x pure resist gear on and have the same str. This just feels like a HUGE boost to Ogre, however, yes they don't have access to Greenmist.

So, maybe for solo dungeon crawling Sebilis an Ogre would be better, but I'd also like to factor in the ability to solo a Cliff Golem, of which an Iksar would have a large advantage (I'd think).

kjs86z
05-19-2020, 05:34 PM
solo cliff golem?

lol

better play a shaman or an enchanter

op i think your dreams will remain dreams

Bbeta
05-19-2020, 05:47 PM
Soloing a cliff golem got me like
https://i.imgur.com/XujHL.gif

anyways. im iksar bias. i hope some pro Ogre SKs respond here. i know a few and will poke them in this direction

Snaggles
05-19-2020, 06:28 PM
FSE is great but very overrated. Like regen it’s a nice perk but won’t win or lose you any fights. Unless that fight is trying to FD with 4 mobs on you but push is a problem at that point.

The cliff golem comment was great. If only they didn’t summon and could be feared.

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 06:44 PM
Everyone who is min maxing to do stuff solo in EQ pretty please go outside. Take a few last rays of the sun before its too late.

You're going to die. Liek tomorrow. Before you can min max enough to play this game.

Also try rolling a paladin in wow. I hear they can solo current expac raid content.

Pint
05-19-2020, 08:44 PM
Your paladin isn’t bis.

Sorry I meant to follow up. The mob I was thinking of when I made the comment was grandmaster in hate specifically. I'll give opmeter 100k if he posts a video of him killing it solo. My paladin isn't bis but he is 6k/3k with 1550 ac and all the top end weapons and clickies (no primal) so I've got a decent idea of what a paladin can kill, better then the rest of you apparently.

Pint
05-19-2020, 08:46 PM
With only self buffs I can solo to crypt/emp and kill the PH and then kill emp if he spawns before he buffs/summons a pet. Harder for sure with clicky nerf. Monk is 4k hp 1500 ac 255 mr self buffed. King I would have to get super lucky on quick bio orb pull and stringed pet not breaking with a early slowstone. Very doubtful that would all work out lol..

I don't think I could solo chottal, I think the rest of the named down their would be doable though

Dogma
05-19-2020, 09:15 PM
I hate Seb so I'm rarely there. Is Chottal easier or harder than Myconid King? I'm more familiar with Cliff Golem so how does he fall in with those?

Atmas
05-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Sorry I meant to follow up. The mob I was thinking of when I made the comment was grandmaster in hate specifically. I'll give opmeter 100k if he posts a video of him killing it solo. My paladin isn't bis but he is 6k/3k with 1550 ac and all the top end weapons and clickies (no primal) so I've got a decent idea of what a paladin can kill, better then the rest of you apparently.

Which grandmaster are you referring to?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_H%60Qilm
or
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_R%60Tal
Also, did you see a monk solo one of these without wort pots, Soulfire, or strings? That would be very impressive.

Spineripper
05-19-2020, 10:20 PM
My vote is Paladin for sure, as stated paladins are like a walking healing tank. It’s very hard to die, even you do die you can just Rez yourself and gg.

The people who are saying well pacify gets resisted.... true, but rarely, and even if it does a quick root/camp will get you going faster than FD, and root will even split the mobs for you lol.

Play a paladin, you will love it. The utility they have is game breaking.

7thGate
05-20-2020, 12:17 AM
Can you land poison spells on a cliff golem? I've heard of Torp Shaman soloing them, but I have no idea how its done. Just slow, torp, and melee damage for a really long time?

ScottBerta
05-20-2020, 12:32 AM
I solo Cliff Golem a lot on my Shaman (Cisco). He is far from a bis shaman.

Basically I pull with Malo, as its Inc I slow, cripple and malosini.

Then I tank him (Not swinging myself) with pet hitting from behind. I epic DoT and BoK him continually. Besides that I’m constantly canni and torping. Fight is actually very easy but takes over 10mins. Typically requires me to slow 2-3 times. I cast epic roughly around 8-9 times and BoK around 6-7.

I do not PoX because Malo/Malosini do not lower disease resists and thus that spell would get resisted at a higher rate than BoK.

Atmas
05-20-2020, 03:29 AM
So I was about to say something about this thread going off topic with shaman cliff golem stuff. However, it got me thinking a cliff golem solo might let me get a gauge for other stuff.

So the most important note here is that I had a VoG so not really a full on legit attempt (Normally I would only have my Eye Patch of Plunder spell haste and my worn haste). Other than the VoG, just self buffs.

I took a druid over with me for a quick escape. The druid casted no heals debuffs or buffs and was only there for a port out to avoid faction hit or incase it just looked terrible from the get go.

The fight went pretty well. I got the golem down to 20% when I asked the druid to port. I had about 40% life and 20% mana. I used Lay Hands during the fight but no consumables or Soulfire charges. I think I was going to have a close win without those things and definitely would with them.

Additional considerations:

I didn't proc Avatar pre-fight but I procced it pretty early on. I was just trying to do a quick test and not chew up the time of the dial a porter helping me.
During the fight the golem landed 175 hits. I'm looking forward to the day I win the angry roll. That would have been an additional 4375 damage to the golem with that additional DS.
I didn't attempt to use any slow consumables. Not sure they would have landed and I don't feel like swinging with a Tash stick is a good use of time. I'd like to get a Willsapper but currently am rolling guildless due to rl busyness so that makes it a bit tough.

Last thing, the topic of enrage comes up sometimes. As a Paly I can just cast DA so I'm not just getting beat up without doing any damage. Infact I often get to enjoy a few ticks of HoT while being invul.

Spineripper
05-20-2020, 05:05 AM
So I was about to say something about this thread going off topic with shaman cliff golem stuff. However, it got me thinking a cliff golem solo might let me get a gauge for other stuff.

So the most important note here is that I had a VoG so not really a full on legit attempt (Normally I would only have my Eye Patch of Plunder spell haste and my worn haste). Other than the VoG, just self buffs.

I took a druid over with me for a quick escape. The druid casted no heals debuffs or buffs and was only there for a port out to avoid faction hit or incase it just looked terrible from the get go.

The fight went pretty well. I got the golem down to 20% when I asked the druid to port. I had about 40% life and 20% mana. I used Lay Hands during the fight but no consumables or Soulfire charges. I think I was going to have a close win without those things and definitely would with them.

I didn't proc Avatar pre-fight but I procced it pretty early on. I was just trying to do a quick test and not chew up the time of the dial a porter helping me.
During the fight the golem landed 175 hits. I'm looking forward to the day I win the angry roll. That would have been an additional 4375 damage to the golem with that additional DS.
I didn't attempt to use any slow consumables. Not sure they would have landed and I don't feel like swinging with a Tash stick is a good use of time. I'd like to get a Willsapper but currently am rolling guildless due to rl busyness so that makes it a bit tough.

Last thing, the topic of enrage comes up sometimes. As a Paly I can just cast DA so I'm not just getting beat up without doing any damage. Infact I often get to enjoy a few ticks of HoT while being invul.

<3 Paladins

kjs86z
05-20-2020, 07:56 AM

Damn, even to 20% is impressive.

I imagine it could be done if you had a ton of plat and were willing to burn it all on clicks for the sake of bragging rights. Hell, even tash sticking + strings on the foreman would probably get that last bit done without VoG.

Snaggles
05-20-2020, 09:31 AM
Stating the obvious here but that’s very impressive. Pre-fight Avatar or a mallet charge could have sealed the deal if you were going until one of you dropped.

I thought the Cliff Golem subject was dumb but it’s a consistent level and easy to get too.

jolanar
05-20-2020, 09:57 AM
I thought the Cliff Golem subject was dumb but it’s a consistent level and easy to get too.

Which is the opposite of a dungeon crawl.

Dogma
05-20-2020, 09:58 AM
It's a good stand-in for a named mob fight though.

Snaggles
05-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Which is the opposite of a dungeon crawl.

Have you used lull before? With a modicum of charisma and a basic understanding of targeting its a very efficient way to travel. Ask any enchanter.

My point is that a cliff golem is one helluva target which is at least half the problem posed by the OP.

Dogma
05-20-2020, 11:48 AM
Wiki comparison of some choice named mobs, cliff golem and some easy target named mobs in Seb.

Cliff Golem:
Lvl 58
AC: 396
HP: 30000
Dmg per hit: 81 - 224
Summons, Enrages, High MR

Emperor Chottal:
Lvl 60
AC: 511
HP: 19000
Dmg per hit: 142 - 280
Unstunnable, necro spells, immune to flee

Myconid Spore King:
Lvl 56
AC: 478
HP: 17750
Dmg per hit: 132 - 330
Enrages, Paladin spells

Sebilite protector
Lvl 60
AC: 511
HP: 19000
Dmg per hit: 260 - 555

Hierophant Prime Grekal
Lvl 55
AC: 470
HP: 13750
Dmg per hit: 78 - 215
Shaman spells

Froglok Chef
Lvl 52
AC: 446
HP: 10750
Dmg per hit: 76 - 206

I think based on these numbers that Cliff Golem is about on par with Spore King and maybe a small step weaker than Chottal and Sebilite Protector. Froglok Chef and Hierophant are cakewalks in comparison.

Pint
05-22-2020, 01:33 PM
Which grandmaster are you referring to?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_H%60Qilm
or
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_R%60Tal
Also, did you see a monk solo one of these without wort pots, Soulfire, or strings? That would be very impressive.

It was r'tal and no a lot of worts were used. That Cliff golem fight very impressive.

Snaggles
05-22-2020, 01:56 PM
It was r'tal and no a lot of worts were used. That Cliff golem fight very impressive.

You recall if a slowstone click was used?

Pint
06-03-2020, 02:41 PM
You recall if a slowstone click was used?

that or mallet im sure.

i went to fuck around in crypt and those named get smoked, i wasnt dropping below 90% self buffed (died to first yosig bc i forgot they flee, had to grab an ankesmasher). have not tried chottal but i will if i can get the drive to spawn him.

KentalCowtipper
06-04-2020, 01:59 PM
Long time no speak (had a 6 hour brain surgery last month but damn glad to be alive!); most of ya guys know me. It really surprises me that, with a group of extremely smart gamer nerds, it took until page 7 before someone mentioned a warrior.

I can confirm, in a monk/monk/warrior trio with a messed up pull with 1 monk dying and the 2nd having to zone with 3-5% hp, I was able to get off a clean tag on the fungi king. I was then able to solo the fungi king without much of an issue as a warrior. The monk who lived flopped back down to find the king at 35% and me at 55%-60%; at that point I had a slight net hp gain.

The essence of solo EQ is damage mitigation. Period. Why shamans, necros and to a lesser extent enchanters and monks are such powerhouse solo artists. A warrior, with the right gear and right way to play him, is right there in the chase.

Warriors have by far the most mitigation of any melee. Out of every 9 minute period, we are able to take 50% less damage. 33% of your time having that is rather broken when you stack it with the utility various procs provide. If you have the right weapons and gear as a warrior you can solo things only Shamans, Necros and Enchanters can pull off. Don't believe me?

Equipment you need:
- Pre-Nerf Fungi Stick & Fungi Tunic. You're now regaining as much hit points as an iksar monk.
- Journeyman's walking stick - gotta stick a tash for later procs on high end solo hitlist stuff
- A willsapper (preferable with the 35%) or Koi trident for the early slow
- A truncheon of doom to then land the big 50% slow
- A razor fang of xygoz to land the mark of karn next
- However many dots you want to try to stack - i usually go for 2-5 depending on hardness off the mob. IIRC, i stacked 4 on that fungi king
- Then you swap in a scimitar of lifestealing 150pt lifetap mainhand and a jaelaens katana 80 lifetap offhand.

You should be able to proc all 4-9 procs, including dots, within a 1.5 to 2 minute period. Most times when all the procs are landed, I'll drop defensive - because even without defensive a warrior will be regaining hitpoints with this set up vrs the Fungi King and Emp Chottal. 100% of the time, first hand confirmed.

So as a warrior we have:

1) The most raw damage mitigation potential - not even factoring how broken defensive makes it to land all the procs you need. I would venture that a BiS warrior takes 90-92% of the received raw dmg as a BiS iksar monk. With an extreme example of the right equipment, a warrior can self regenerate as much as that monk. The long term monk healing over the duration of the fight will be significantly less than a warrior's though simply because of the 150 pt lifetap compared to 80 pt (scimitar of lifestealing vrs gharns) - in addition to lack of offhand lifetap for monks. Thats a TON of lost hitpoints from the -70 lifetap mainhand and 0 lifetap offhand.
And when you start running the in depth numbers, the mark of karn off the razor fang miitigates another 2% or so.

2) Far and away the most versatility. I will say that a ranger comes close, but the lack of lifestealing weapon procs, combined with their rather abysmal mitigation makes them pretty low on the melee solo totem pole.

I'm not going to lie - I don't do nearly the DPS a monk or even a palladius/heartwood pally or SK would do with my solo set up (mainly due to scimitar being 9/18... I've played around with Jalaens MH and a bloodpoint offhand but the mitigation drops significantly). But I don't have to do as much DPS when I'm mitigating the received damage as such a higher rate. The name of the game is solo challenge, not speed solo challenge.

The only major drawback as a solo warrior is the pulls - not sugar coating it. You have to know your class inside and out, know the zone and exactly where the proximity and body agro planes are along with a little luck. But I can and have solo'd down to NG, Disco 1 and Chef/Bar area as a warrior - without using a single expendible item clickie. Some OT hammer procs I'lll grant, but not a single charged item. When I got 2 or 3, I calmly pop defensive, rooted the casters, exited LoS and solo'd down the melee.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Not much else for me to do besides read at the moment- playing video games right now gives me a horrible migraine unfortunately. But hell I'm alive! I don't know if I'll ever be able to come back and play. <3 all you guys. Life is too damn short - value what you got.

Kental Cowtipper, 60 Warrior

TLDR; Warriors are insanely underrated solo artists with the right collection of gear and a little skill.

Pint
06-07-2020, 07:41 PM
I agree warriors can kill anything but their ability to get to and clear camps wouldn't be as easy which i think was one of his main concerns.

I was able to solo chottal, shout out to sekushii for helping me clear room. I cheesed it and he solo'd the pet for me. Took a reaper and one sf charge, could have done with pet i think but it would have been annoying and required 2-3 more sf charges. I also had c2 and vog.

Dogma
06-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Give cliff golem a try, Pint. I'm curious how they stack up with Chottal.

Pint
06-07-2020, 07:55 PM
I think opmeter established that cliff golems is possible if you just run through soulfire charges. I want to try fungi king next i think. I think his healing would make it a marathon.

Dogma
06-07-2020, 08:03 PM
I haven't tried since the latest 2h patch but cliff golem is warrior soloable with just a disc.

Keebz
06-20-2020, 06:30 PM
Sorry for the mild necro, but this is a really fun thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed the vids Bbeta linked. Does anyone know of similar videos for high end melee (SK, PAL, WAR, RNG, MNK) play? Preferably solo dungeoning wrt the thread topic, but anything would be cool.

I've looked around twitch, but really suck at finding anything. I'm frankly not sure whether the UI is just unusably bad for search, or I've graduated to tech-inept old person.

enjchanter
06-20-2020, 06:49 PM
Long time no speak (had a 6 hour brain surgery last month but damn glad to be alive!); most of ya guys know me. It really surprises me that, with a group of extremely smart gamer nerds, it took until page 7 before someone mentioned a warrior.

I can confirm, in a monk/monk/warrior trio with a messed up pull with 1 monk dying and the 2nd having to zone with 3-5% hp, I was able to get off a clean tag on the fungi king. I was then able to solo the fungi king without much of an issue as a warrior. The monk who lived flopped back down to find the king at 35% and me at 55%-60%; at that point I had a slight net hp gain.

The essence of solo EQ is damage mitigation. Period. Why shamans, necros and to a lesser extent enchanters and monks are such powerhouse solo artists. A warrior, with the right gear and right way to play him, is right there in the chase.

Warriors have by far the most mitigation of any melee. Out of every 9 minute period, we are able to take 50% less damage. 33% of your time having that is rather broken when you stack it with the utility various procs provide. If you have the right weapons and gear as a warrior you can solo things only Shamans, Necros and Enchanters can pull off. Don't believe me?

Equipment you need:
- Pre-Nerf Fungi Stick & Fungi Tunic. You're now regaining as much hit points as an iksar monk.
- Journeyman's walking stick - gotta stick a tash for later procs on high end solo hitlist stuff
- A willsapper (preferable with the 35%) or Koi trident for the early slow
- A truncheon of doom to then land the big 50% slow
- A razor fang of xygoz to land the mark of karn next
- However many dots you want to try to stack - i usually go for 2-5 depending on hardness off the mob. IIRC, i stacked 4 on that fungi king
- Then you swap in a scimitar of lifestealing 150pt lifetap mainhand and a jaelaens katana 80 lifetap offhand.

You should be able to proc all 4-9 procs, including dots, within a 1.5 to 2 minute period. Most times when all the procs are landed, I'll drop defensive - because even without defensive a warrior will be regaining hitpoints with this set up vrs the Fungi King and Emp Chottal. 100% of the time, first hand confirmed.

So as a warrior we have:

1) The most raw damage mitigation potential - not even factoring how broken defensive makes it to land all the procs you need. I would venture that a BiS warrior takes 90-92% of the received raw dmg as a BiS iksar monk. With an extreme example of the right equipment, a warrior can self regenerate as much as that monk. The long term monk healing over the duration of the fight will be significantly less than a warrior's though simply because of the 150 pt lifetap compared to 80 pt (scimitar of lifestealing vrs gharns) - in addition to lack of offhand lifetap for monks. Thats a TON of lost hitpoints from the -70 lifetap mainhand and 0 lifetap offhand.
And when you start running the in depth numbers, the mark of karn off the razor fang miitigates another 2% or so.

2) Far and away the most versatility. I will say that a ranger comes close, but the lack of lifestealing weapon procs, combined with their rather abysmal mitigation makes them pretty low on the melee solo totem pole.

I'm not going to lie - I don't do nearly the DPS a monk or even a palladius/heartwood pally or SK would do with my solo set up (mainly due to scimitar being 9/18... I've played around with Jalaens MH and a bloodpoint offhand but the mitigation drops significantly). But I don't have to do as much DPS when I'm mitigating the received damage as such a higher rate. The name of the game is solo challenge, not speed solo challenge.

The only major drawback as a solo warrior is the pulls - not sugar coating it. You have to know your class inside and out, know the zone and exactly where the proximity and body agro planes are along with a little luck. But I can and have solo'd down to NG, Disco 1 and Chef/Bar area as a warrior - without using a single expendible item clickie. Some OT hammer procs I'lll grant, but not a single charged item. When I got 2 or 3, I calmly pop defensive, rooted the casters, exited LoS and solo'd down the melee.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Not much else for me to do besides read at the moment- playing video games right now gives me a horrible migraine unfortunately. But hell I'm alive! I don't know if I'll ever be able to come back and play. <3 all you guys. Life is too damn short - value what you got.

TLDR; Warriors are insanely underrated solo artists with the right collection of gear and a little skill.

so step 1: aquire 1mil+ plat legacy item

KentalCowtipper
06-22-2020, 03:58 PM
Or roll an Iksar warrior and get a ring 10. Bout the same difference.

Henlolizar
06-23-2020, 08:10 AM
The limitations from the OP are hilariously arbitrary. It's not okay to use a 700p Reaper of the Dead, but naturally, it is okay to use every single clickable, proccing weapon no matter how rare and valuable?? Was the point of this to brainstorm an achievable goal for the OP? If so, I hope you have several million plat and a key to Sleeper's Tomb lying around. Otherwise, you can probably do it with any 60 melee and a bag full of the usual clickies.

Crede
06-23-2020, 09:23 AM
Or roll an Iksar warrior and get a ring 10. Bout the same difference.

Gnome war is the obvious choice here. Their 40% spell haste will put them above any other war race from a solo perspective. Also the tinkering armor will give them 25 more dex than any other race. Problem is the root nets are annoyingly expensive to recharge nowadays which will make dealing with regular adds a pita.

Atmas
06-23-2020, 10:14 AM

Good read. Glad you're still kicking.

I'd still like to get a Willsapper at some point but I'm at next to no play time myself right now. I also am at a point where there is so much else I can/should/want to do that I'm not sure if I will really ever play seriously again. These days I generally just show up for angry roll and solo some camps in seb and chardok that I can mostly afk at.

Arvan
06-23-2020, 12:18 PM
You probably wont be soloing named in seb unless you are a 60 ench or shaman especially since soulfire nerf.

Is anyone actually doing this and im just not aware?

Pint
06-24-2020, 09:58 AM
You probably wont be soloing named in seb unless you are a 60 ench or shaman especially since soulfire nerf.

Is anyone actually doing this and im just not aware?

i did this over the course of about a week, spent a significant amount of time in crypt on the paladin. (i had someone else kill chottal's pet for me). logs are not all of the week, i thinks its 2 days worth iirc.
i got 3 cloaks before i decided continuing to kill grekal was just more effort then i wanted to keep committing. never did get a jbb spawn.

https://i.imgur.com/CN0wBD3.jpg

Keebz
06-24-2020, 03:22 PM
We have first hand accounts of a Monk and a Pally. Any SKs or Warriors up to give it a shot?

White_knight
06-24-2020, 03:32 PM
i did this over the course of about a week, spent a significant amount of time in crypt on the paladin. (i had someone else kill chottal's pet for me). logs are not all of the week, i thinks its 2 days worth iirc.
i got 3 cloaks before i decided continuing to kill grekal was just more effort then i wanted to keep committing. never did get a jbb spawn.

https://i.imgur.com/CN0wBD3.jpg

Paladin super underated.
People get hung up on dps to much.

Jibartik
06-24-2020, 03:33 PM
Paladin super underated.
People get hung up on dps to much.

:D fine!